[2016.05.11] Morning Musume '16 - Tokyo to iu Katasumi/The Vision/Utakata Saturday Night

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: [2016.05.11] Morning Musume '16 - Tokyo to iu Katasumi/The Vision/Utakata Saturday Night

Post by Kalle »

I didn't like the full Tokyo MV at all. I get what they were trying to do with the whole backstage element a little bit, but like it's been said in this topic before, the color tones don't match up; plus, apart from a couple of fleeting shots, they look really miserable when they aren't dancing. ( Not that I'd expect them to be all smiles and sunshine after working all day, but if it's just acting for a video I can stretch my suspension of belief a little bit?? )

The Vision's preview just looked really sad. Yes, let's totally go with the prom leftovers in the school gym! :doh:

Basically Utakata, both song and video-wise, looks like the only good thing about this single and it's upsetting because I expected so much better for Kanon. Or maybe I'm just residually grouchy from how shitty my week was IDK.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Meikochi
ANGERME

Re: [2016.05.11] Morning Musume '16 - Tokyo to iu Katasumi/The Vision/Utakata Saturday Night

Post by Meikochi »

Pretty sure it hasn't been mentionned yet : longer preview (2:20) of the Vision in this week's The Girls Live.

(it was previewed on Thursday and we should get Full MV on Monday but I thought it was still worth to mention it here).
Campy <3 !
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="196946" data-time="1461449370">
Pretty sure it hasn't been mentionned yet : longer preview (2:20) of the Vision in this week's <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4686a ... 1_creation' class="bbc_url" title="External link">The Girls Live</a>.

(it was previewed on Thursday and we should get Full MV on Monday but I thought it was still worth to mention it here).</blockquote>

AKA: A slightly longer nap.

Can't wait for Utakata's video!
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

That editing pisses me off lol. In the first verse they focused so heavy on close ups that some of the split-second dance shots didn't even make sense to add? (15:48, 15:50)  Like yeah I want to see more of the dance but what is .05 of a sec of their hands barely moving going to show. And there's like 5 cuts during the dance team's first position->third position spin around 15:10. Also I feel like just because there are 12 girls doesn't mean you have to cut so fast between all of them (17:04)... I can barely tell who is in the shot in such a short period of time, and it's not like it's a fast part of the song where the editor wanted to build tension. It made me mad when they did it right before the chorus because I still don't like it there, but at least it was a lead-up, so I understand the reason.

And yes, the set could have been way better. This MV coulda been killer, with the awesome outfits, dance and song. It had everything ready for the director--buuuuuuut. The darkly-lit dance team shots were the best part, and I could watch a whole mv of just that.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I wish the song had been space themed like the limited B edition cover sort of implied it to be. I like this version more than the H!S preview, but like TicTac said, the editing irritates me as well. Utakata Saturday Night had better be good or at least better than what's already been seen.
Formerly Mizura
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

The full PV of The Vision has been released.
https://youtu.be/RS0QHDdXvCw

IMHO the song is blah and I find the PV boring as well.
Last edited by Revangelis on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

While the MV is a basic H!P MV, it still looks pretty (unlike TTIK one). I find the dance very graceful and I like the song, especially the chorus. But I admit it's not really memorable, at least not after the first full listening. It may be a grower though, like a lot of H!P songs.
Campy <3 !
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

The song is bland, and the MV was too. It seems to be filmed in the same place as Tiki Bun and Gashin Shoutan, and neither of them were nice backgrounds. The MV had the potential to be good, but they blew it. The dance was really pretty and graceful and I noticed Miki and Maria more than I have in the past.
Formerly Mizura
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Man this is like the 3rd/4th time they've shot on a stage setting...time for new ideas H!P >.<
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Revangelis"]
The full PV of The Vision has been released.
https://youtu.be/RS0QHDdXvCw

IMHO the song is blah and I find the PV boring as well.
[/quote]

Blah, like others have said. They probably should have also chosen a different lead combo. These two are boring together and I don't see a song led by two mid-tier members staying in the concert rotation for very long. Tokyo and Vision are just glorified b-sides.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

As with "Tokyo..." the chorus doesn't fit the verses, but unlike "Tokyo..." the verses are entirely forgettable. With that in mind, the video fits the music perfectly.
Last edited by JPope on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="196972" data-time="1461578033">
While the MV is a basic H!P MV, it still looks pretty (unlike TTIK one).</blockquote>

I spent far too long trying to figure out what single TTIK stood for. Tiki? Toki wo Koe? Kare to Issho? Ima Tobikomu? So many I's, T's, and K's. (I figured it out...)
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="196996" data-time="1461621401"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="196972" data-time="1461578033">
While the MV is a basic H!P MV, it still looks pretty (unlike TTIK one).</blockquote>I spent far too long trying to figure out what single TTIK stood for. Tiki? Toki wo Koe? Kare to Issho? Ima Tobikomu? So many I's, T's, and K's. (I figured it out...)</blockquote>

Sorry Saya ! It stands for Tokyo To Iu Katasumi. I know abbreviation usually don't include small words like to and iu but now there's too much singles with T, I & K to skip the small words in the title, when doing sigles. I'll write it in full next time ^^".
Last edited by Meikochi on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="196999" data-time="1461631302"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="196996" data-time="1461621401"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="196972" data-time="1461578033">
While the MV is a basic H!P MV, it still looks pretty (unlike TTIK one).</blockquote>I spent far too long trying to figure out what single TTIK stood for. Tiki? Toki wo Koe? Kare to Issho? Ima Tobikomu? So many I's, T's, and K's. (I figured it out...)</blockquote>
Sorry Saya ! It stands for Tokyo To Iu Katasumi. I know abbreviation usually don't include small words like to and iu but now there's too much singles with T, I & K to skip the small words in the title, when doing sigles. I'll write it in full next time ^^".</blockquote>
Oh no, I was more just laughing at myself for being so dumb. Aha
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The voice I thought was annoying was Masaki. Figures.

I like the choreo. Makes me think of something silly that Berryz would have done.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Anderei"]

I like the choreo. Makes me think of something silly that Berryz would have done.
[/quote]

DUH

And yeah I totally got Berryz vibes from this.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

This didn't hold up to my expectations. The cover looked like, and the sound sounded like something from 48G. But the PV is just the usual, and Kanon was just in the back right (her right) like always. I'm not going to say anything more because basically I'm a big pit of negativity.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I love it, it reminds me of a mix between The Peace and Koisuru Fortune Cookie.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Haha, it kind of felt like a super low budget version of a 48G video to me too.  Something from their earlier days.  It's frustrating knowing that they actually make more money right now than AKB did back then but invest way less in their product.  I'm glad that at least an effort was made, even if the finished product is kind of meh to me.  At least this video is cohesive and has a concept, unlike the Tokyo video which I swear to god is a new low in terms of phoning it in.
Last edited by Farrah on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

That's an underwhelming music video right there. And I hate to keep bagging on the 12th gen girls, but goddamn they still look awkward as fuck -- like this is the first time any of them have done this. 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="Farrah"]
It's frustrating knowing that they actually make more money right now than AKB did back then but invest way less in their product.
[/quote]

Which is honestly my biggest problem with H!P. We don't even have to take AKB as an example, since Aki-P probably knew what he was doing from the very beginning on. Indie idols (and I'm not even talking about shadow H!P) have interesting concepts and MVs that seem to be the same quality as H!P's. Hell, even the Satoyama units' MVs were better than what we're getting at the moment.

In total, this single looks low quality to me. Utakata Saturday Night is a fun song, but that's it. The costumes are horrible (I might be ok with The Vision's costumes), the MVs are low quality and not creative (though DJ Zukki seems to be the most creative thing management can come up with), Tokyo to Iu is a horrible mess and The Vision a snooze fest.

Honestly, nothing really works.

But I should shut up now because I'm actually happy with Utakata Saturday Night. I just had no expections.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I liked the Utakata Saturday Night radio rip, but seeing the MV sort of ruined it for me. It's the best one on this single, but I keep comparing it to Golden Era stuff in my head (I also watched a bunch of their MVs recently) and it just doesn't live up to what thee was back then.
Formerly Mizura
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Maybe because Utakata was meant to be the 3rd A-side so not much effort was spent on it, but then Tokyo's reception was bad to they decided to ditch it and spend the least amount of money on it, while Utakata's MV, despite being pushed as the 1st A side, stay the same. Hence we have 3 low-quality MVs.

I love super Ma-chan though.
Last edited by smtmissin on Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Everything is filmed before we even get previews.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="197046" data-time="1461772398"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="197042" data-time="1461769737">

I like the choreo. Makes me think of something silly that Berryz would have done.</blockquote>

DUH

And yeah I totally got Berryz vibes from this.</blockquote>

I mean yeah it seems obvious NOW.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="197046" data-time="1461772398">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="197042" data-time="1461769737">

</blockquote>

DUH

And yeah I totally got Berryz vibes from this.</blockquote>

I mean yeah it seems obvious NOW.

[/quote]

Totally, it just screams Asian Celebration, though the genre is a bit different. But the moves, Dj-ing and DJ talk (Miyabi and S. Kanon) are all very similar.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

The MV is so happy and so good I can't even express how much I like Utakata...
Image Hey
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

Yes this song is everything and more for me. I just wanna get up and dance! 

Made by Haru!