Hello!News Network :: 2017 Edition

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: Hello!News Network :: 2017 Edition

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="197708" data-time="1464559991">
Might be a silly question: Why does this happen to some singers? Didn't Adele have a similar surgery?</blockquote>

Yeah, but Adele is also a smoker which probably didn't help.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^Ah, I didn't know that.

Thanks for explaining!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Ah, alright. So it's got less to do with the (wrong) technique?
[/quote]

Well, singing with improper technique will make you far more susceptible to developing vocal nodules than singing with proper technique. I think it's pretty well established that H!P does not train their singers to sing with proper technique, so it's no surprise that so many of their girls have this problem. 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

That's sad. I guess all the touring and stuff doesn't help.

On another note, Hamaura Ayano gets her first photobook (called "Hamaura Ayano") on June 4.
http://www.helloproject.com/news/5149/

Short notice, and it's also only available through e-line and before concerts.
Guess there also won't be too many copies.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Surprised no one posted about Oda's birthday event (unless I missed it?) Here's the preview. Be warned, Ogata's is the second half lolol.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Apparently, something is happening on July 26th. I have no idea what, but it looks like some sort of collaboration.

<div> </div>
<div>
<p class="" style="font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Quote
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
On 7/26 at 12:30pm, Morning Musume. '16 will hold a public press conference at the cinema complex called "Midland Square Cinema 2" in Nagoya. In this conference, they will make an announcement about a new initiative dealing with Hello! Project in Nagoya. Fans are invited to the press conference and are allowed take photos with their smartphone so it would allow them to spread the news through social media since its a public conference. Morning Musume. '16 and the group BOYS AND MEN will both be at the press conference.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.up-fc.jp/helloproject/news_Info.php?id=9001" title="External link">http://www.up-fc.jp/...nfo.php?id=9001</a>

BOYS AND MEN also have similar information on their site
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://boysandmen.jp/contents/50244" title="External link">https://boysandmen.jp/contents/50244</a>
</blockquote>
</div>

Formerly Mizura
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Probably teaming up with that boy group to do something that promotes the city and/or the prefecture it's in. Everybody in that group is from Nagoya so it seems pretty obvious.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

I'm not sure if Nagoya specifically, but FWIW Makino Marina is the lone member of MM'16 at least from the same prefecture (Aichi).
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She is, maybe we'll get the Maria lead single I've never wanted.
aisasami
こぶしファクトリー

Post by aisasami »

I would sooooooo go but I have to work on that day. :((((

BOYS AND MEN is very popular here. I went to one of their events in January and it was sooooooooo crowded. And plus, one of their singles went to No. 1 on the charts this year while they have really good publicity with various TV and Radio shows. Maybe the boy group will help to pull MM.'s popularity up with a collaboration single.
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

It would be really interesting to see MM actually release a single and MV with a boy group. And yeah, collaborating with a popular group could really help give them exposure if they handle it right. Although I kind of doubt that if they do a collaboration that they'll release it as a single even though I think it'd be smart.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Juice=Juice Setlist for their LIVE MISSION 220 ~Last Code ->Full Squeeze!~ leg of the tour

1. Mirai e, Saa Hashiridase!
2. KEEP ON Joshou Shikou!! ​*NEW*
3. Umaretate no Baby Love
MC
4. Jouro ​*UNRELEASED*
5. Arekore Shitai!
MC
6. Hitomi (Ohara Sakurako)  (Tomoko solo)
7. Boy no Kisetsu (Matsuda Seiko)  (Karin solo)
8. Inspiration!
MC
9. Dream Road ~Kokoro ga Odoridashiteru~ ​*NEW*
10. Romance no Tochuu
11. CHOICE&CHANCE
12. Ashita Yarou no Bakayarou ​*NEW*
13. Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne
14. Magic of Love (J=J 2015 ver.)
MC
15. Date ja nai yo Uchi no Jinsei wa

ENCORE
16. Karada Dake ga Otona ni Nattan ja nai!
MC
17. BABY! Koi ni KNOCK OUT!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Mizura"]

Apparently, something is happening on July 26th. I have no idea what, but it looks like some sort of collaboration.

<div> </div>
<div>
<p style="font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Quote
On 7/26 at 12:30pm, Morning Musume. '16 will hold a public press conference at the cinema complex called "Midland Square Cinema 2" in Nagoya. In this conference, they will make an announcement about a new initiative dealing with Hello! Project in Nagoya. Fans are invited to the press conference and are allowed take photos with their smartphone so it would allow them to spread the news through social media since its a public conference. Morning Musume. '16 and the group BOYS AND MEN will both be at the press conference.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.up-fc.jp/helloproject/news_Info.php?id=9001" title="External link">http://www.up-fc.jp/...nfo.php?id=9001</a>

BOYS AND MEN also have similar information on their site
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://boysandmen.jp/contents/50244" title="External link">https://boysandmen.jp/contents/50244</a>
</blockquote>
</div>

[/quote]

And the result:

Morning Musume. '16 and BOYS AND MEN have announced they will both have a live on 8/30 @ Midland Square Cinema 2 complex in Nagoya. The plan is that all Hello! Project groups will have weekly regular events and performances at the Midland square cinema theater every Tuesday after 8/30. Ticket details will be announced on 8/1.

It actually managed to be even less exciting than I expected. All this is is some 48/46-lite stuff.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

They are already performing so much, they can't actually believe someone's going wild over more performances.
aisasami
こぶしファクトリー

Post by aisasami »

Am I the only one who is excited? Well, I am not actually THAT excited due to the fact that BOYS AND MEN fangirls are bitches...

EDIT: There is a news reportabout it from "Minna no News". Midland Square Cinema 2 just open like a couple weeks ago (I remember passing by the announcements when I saw a movie a month ago in original complex). They have idol groups every week, not just H!P. This is the first of it's kind. I am just worried about security and the safety of the performers.
Last edited by aisasami on Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

[quote="Anderei"]

Morning Musume. '16 and BOYS AND MEN have announced they will both have a live on 8/30 @ Midland Square Cinema 2 complex in Nagoya. The plan is that all Hello! Project groups will have weekly regular events and performances at the Midland square cinema theater every Tuesday after 8/30. Ticket details will be announced on 8/1.

It actually managed to be even less exciting than I expected. All this is is some 48/46-lite stuff.

[/quote]

[quote="DonJuan"]
They are already performing so much, they can't actually believe someone's going wild over more performances.
[/quote]

This, and this.  I'm trying to see it as a "live version" of The Girls Live, which means it's more of a weekly showcase for Kobushi and Tsubaki and the K!eggs, but now and then you need the headliners and that's C-ute & MM. (& Angerme, but they seem to be more focused on their live house tours and I can't tell if it's management's direction or if they can't sell a concert hall.)

MM already books their weekends and holidays solid. Depending on the complex stage set up, is it going to be closer to their TV appearances or more like a concert?  Either way, I'm thinking a lot of girls are going to be completely exhausted with the schedule pile-on.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aisasami" data-cid="199110" data-time="1469533556">
Am I the only one who is excited? Well, I am not actually THAT excited due to the fact that BOYS AND MEN fangirls are bitches...

EDIT: There is <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4lvdi ... A6%8B_news' class="bbc_url" title="External link">a news report </a>about it from "Minna no News". Midland Square Cinema 2 just open like a couple weeks ago (I remember passing by the announcements when I saw a movie a month ago in original complex). They have idol groups every week, not just H!P. This is the first of it's kind. I am just worried about security and the safety of the performers.</blockquote>

You live near there don't you? I think it's exciting for people close by but I can't imagine any other fans getting super excited.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I posted this in spam but just realized it's probably more appropriate for here:

Take-chan and Chisato (and Tsuji and Yaguchi but whatever) are both going to be appearing solo at Tokyo Idol Festival.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Surprising but I'm really glad for Take-chan !
Campy <3 !
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Okay so her and Chisato are gonna be apart of IDOL CLUB NIGHT LEGEND ~NETSU&ASE IDOL GIANTS SPECIAL~ where they're gonna be hosts, which makes more sense since there no reason they'd have solo stages. Takechan will be there the next day too but it's not clear for what yet.

Still a good gig for an active idol, especially since groups in H!P rarely participate. She's only been once before when S/mileage participated in 2014.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Maria will be the first to hold one of the Nagoya events on 8/30, "Morning Musume. '16 Makino Maria event in Nagoya ~Marian LOVErin Sanporin~" with guest Nonaka Miki.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

The listing of Nagoya events has been posted.

8/30: Makino Maria & Nonaka Miki
9/6: Wada Ayaka (birthday event)
9/13: Funky Funaki Musubu & Yanagawa Nanami
9/20: Hirose Ayaka & Taguchi Natsumi (birthday event)
9/27: Suzuki Airi & Okai Chisato
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

MM's going to Taiwan. On October 16.

I don't like this. Or to rephrase it: I don't like them giving the girls so many performances. It's great for Taiwanese fans for sure, but the group also has the summer concerts, a rather long fall concert tour and a Naruchika inbetween.
Then there's going to be Nagoya events. Not to mention that there should be a new release inbetween the dates, and these usually come with mini-lives.

If they can't even teach the girls not to ruin their voices they shouldn't overwork them on top of that.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

But that's pretty normal for Morning Musume isn't it? And there's several long gaps (10+ days) in between the fall tour dates so it's not like they don't get a break.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Is it? I'm not sure. Considering that they're usually busy with other events, too, I doubt they'll have many breaks.

On another note, Funakki is out with the mumps.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Is it? I'm not sure. Considering that they're usually busy with other events, too, I doubt they'll have many breaks.

On another note, Funakki is out with the mumps.
[/quote]

COUNTRY MUSUME CURSE IS BACK FULL FORCE, Y'ALL!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

The mumps? Jeez was she not vaccinated??
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I think you can be unlucky and still get it, even if you're vaccinated. However, yeah, it's surprising.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

Jinxed us... 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="199281" data-time="1470275961">

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.helloproject.com/news/5472/" title="External link">On another note, Funakki is out with the mumps.</a>
</blockquote>
COUNTRY MUSUME CURSE IS BACK FULL FORCE, Y'ALL!

</blockquote>

Last edited by Purin-chama on Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="199288" data-time="1470290496">
The mumps? Jeez was she not vaccinated??</blockquote>

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2014/1 ... 6NWKl88L7o' class="bbc_url" title="External link">http://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2014/1 ... Kl88L7o</a>

According to this, probably not. Mumps is not part of the vaccination schedule in Japan unless it's changed very recently.