Momona Kasahara joins ANGERME

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Re: Momona Kasahara joins ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I'm sorry but she's a terrible dancer.

Edit: Okay she looks a little better in this video.
Last edited by WonderBuono on Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="199008" data-time="1469047539">
Kasahara Momona announcement <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/GHxtRbc8B5A?t=10m20s' class="bbc_url" title="External link">on H!S</a> along with performance of Taiki Bansei.

DAWA DEFINITELY SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF THE WOTA MAKING THEM THINK SHE WAS GONNA ANNOUNCE HER GRAD. Savage. The nickname Angerme gave her is "Kassa". <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/GHxtRbc8B5A?t=18m4s' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Later on</a> in the H!S episode was Dawa surprising her with her debut news.</blockquote>

Lol her admired senpai is Maho. She might be a little interesting because that's an unusual choice.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="199008" data-time="1469047539">
Kasahara Momona announcement <a class="bbc_url" href="https://youtu.be/GHxtRbc8B5A?t=10m20s" title="External link">on H!S</a> along with performance of Taiki Bansei.

DAWA DEFINITELY SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF THE WOTA MAKING THEM THINK SHE WAS GONNA ANNOUNCE HER GRAD. Savage. The nickname Angerme gave her is "Kassa". <a class="bbc_url" href="https://youtu.be/GHxtRbc8B5A?t=18m4s" title="External link">Later on</a> in the H!S episode was Dawa surprising her with her debut news.
</blockquote>

Lol her admired senpai is Maho. She might be a little interesting because that's an unusual choice.

[/quote]

Seems her main reasoning was they've both done ballet... And if Momona really is a klutz, well, seeing another klutz succeed would definitely give you hope, lol.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
DAWA DEFINITELY SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF THE WOTA MAKING THEM THINK SHE WAS GONNA ANNOUNCE HER GRAD. Savage. The nickname Angerme gave her is "Kassa". Later on in the H!S episode was Dawa surprising her with her debut news.
[/quote]

I literally had flashbacks to Meimi announcing her graduation at that moment... I actually thought she was going to announce her graduation. I completely forgot Momona was added last week.

I didn't take to her immediately like I did with Kamiko but I also barely noticed her in the performance. That might be because of the camera though.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She also complained after the FNS performance that her face flew in her hair right when the camera was on her and Maho tried to teach her how to dance so that doesn't happen.

That's cute. I hope they become an adorable little duo.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I think I said this in my previous comment, and some of you have said this too. But God, my brain still can not accept that Moe is not the new girl anymore.
Like, I look at Moe with the other members sorrounding her and I think "Angerme's new member", I do the same with Momona and the same thought goes through my head...
but I look at Moe and Momona together and they seem so unrelated to each other to me, I haven't had enough time to get used to Moe in the group.
Image Hey
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Her reaction reminds me a lot of Rikako... Almost like she doesn't want it to be true, lol. My guess is she was aiming for MM.
[/quote]

Without understanding what she's saying, that's totally how it comes across. It's hard to tell if she's crying because she's happy that she's debuting, or crushed that she's not joining MM. She's in a way better situation joining ANGERME, though. She'll have a far better chance of realizing her potential with them than MM.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I like to think, considering they went through auditions with the trainees for Morning Musume's 13th audition, that they decided, after canceling the last round that Momona, who may very well have been headed towards Morning Musume, would be a better fit for Angerme. That would be kind of a bitter pill to swallow if you were really aiming for Morning Musume. Oh, we were going to place you there but decided at the last minute to change it up. She's really mature looking for a 12/13 year old. I was watching Hello Station and Kirara went and stood next to Maimi, she looked about 5. Though to be fair, Kirara just turned 12 in April and Momona will be 13 this year. But still. 

I got emotional watching Momona get emotional. Joining Angerme looks like so much fun compared to joining Morning Musume. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She still said yes to joining Angerme, so it can't have been that important. She's not even 13 yet, if joining MM was that big a goal, she could have declined and kept trying.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Just because she accepted doesn't mean it wasn't important to her. It just shows she's not stupid. Turning down the sure-fire opportunity to debut with ANGERME for some hypothetical future chance to debut with MM would be idiotic, and the height of arrogance for a trainee. 

I'm not even saying it WAS that important to her, just that her accepting isn't evidence that it wasn't.
Last edited by JPope on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I see it like this.

Say, someone offers you a meal, you haven't eaten in years, you could get a better one if you waited, but there's no knowing if you'll actually ever get that offer again and it could be not even worth it. If someone puts something in front of you, something you've been wanting for a long time, you say yes. Reguardless if you wanted the steak or the fish. You take it, you're hungry. 

To these girls, being in Hello!Project alone is a dream come true. Getting to debut in a major, that's just icing on the cake. Morning Musume and now Angerme (probably even Country Girls at this point) are sure fire meal tickets. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

I was kind of amused that her group rankings, and Ayaka was hoping or fishing for Angerme :lol:
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="198923" data-time="1468865258">
<div>
She's 160cm tall. Her parents are 32 years old, in case that makes anyone feel elderly. She likes The Beatles thanks to them.
[/quote]

Oh FFS. I'm literally old enough for her parents to be my kids.

</div>
</blockquote>

They're younger than all three of my older siblings too LOL.  I don't think I'll ever get used to idols being younger than me because when I got into them, everyone was significantly older than me.  I got in pretty much RIGHT as Koharu was added, who was the closest to my age at two years older.  The H!P kids still had their squeaky, irritating kid voices and even 99% of them were older than me LOL.  I think it's part of why I don't fangirl over individual members the way I used to.

This feels a little early to me but it indeed has been almost a year since Moe was added (Which...how? Where did this year go?) so I guess it's not that terrible.  Just wish they'd gotten someone who can sing since Meimi was a big loss.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
Her rehearsals with them for the summer concert are on H!S this week.

I am so over Taiki Bansei.
[/quote]

YOSHIKO had surprisingly strict things to say about her... But in the end she said she does shine, and she had caught her eye while in Kenshuusei.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Unsurprisingly, she's a Platinum MM fan. Her favorite MM songs are a Platinum song and a Colorful song that is very Platinum-esque.

'I like the Morning Musume from the period called “Platinum Era”!

What gave me motivation (/will) to enter Hello! Project was the Platinum Era!

And, Wada-san loves it too!

That made me very, very happy!

I thought “I want to discuss with her on this topic someday!” (lol)!

I asked my manager, and went to see (/for learning) Wada-san’s birthday event today!!

For real, I almost cried.

Every songs were from Platinum-Era, and seeing my beloved Wada-san singing it was really divine (/sublime).

Especially, when I was watching her singing that song I love so much, “Itoshiku kurushii kono yoru ni”, I really felt I was about to cry.

I was singing to myself the whooole time (lol).

Her pink dress also suited her super well!

I went to the first live, and at the end of it I took a photo together. Please take a look!'
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I still can't shake the feeling that she was he wrong choice for the group.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

She definitely has a different feeling around her. Well, maybe she'll grow into the group. I wonder what they'll do with her, though, since neither her singing nor her dancing are push-worthy. She's pretty, but honestly there's lots of that in ANGERME.
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

She has a more serious aura to her and I read her emotional reaction as her dreams coming true. Like MM is a big deal but ANGERME just seems to me like a more cohesive group. I love the 3rd gen from the get go. I'm suspending judgement on this one until there is a MV.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Voice training about 40 minutes in:
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WnKIivHT0 ... pq-Xneyjmg' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WnKIivHT0 ... Xneyjmg</a>

She's not bad as bad as I expected. I think she's gonna struggle with high notes like almost everyone in H!P but I'd put her in Maho/Rikako territory. Solid backup vocal territory until all the good singers leave.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
Voice training about 40 minutes in:
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WnKIivHT0 ... pq-Xneyjmg" title="External link">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WnKIivHT0 ... Xneyjmg</a>

She's not bad as bad as I expected. I think she's gonna struggle with high notes like almost everyone in H!P but I'd put her in Maho/Rikako territory. Solid backup vocal territory until all the good singers leave.
[/quote]

She's going to have to work more on her expressions and intonations more than her actual voice, I think. Her teacher was trying to get her to sing like she was having fun... And while she was nervous, she was not getting into it enough lol
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She barely smiles in photos too. She's all poker face.