The New All Purpose SNSD Thread

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Zaeleus
ANGERME

Re: The New All Purpose SNSD Thread

Post by Zaeleus »

Unofficial Girls' Generation subgroup SHY (Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Yuri) is doing a cover of Matsuura Aya's "Yeah! Meccha Holiday" on the current SMTOWN Japan tour. The outfits and some moving pixels.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zaeleus" data-cid="198879" data-time="1468735833">SHY (Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Yuri)</blockquote>
why
Last edited by Ap2000 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I believe Sooyoung has sung this before.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Last edited by Ap2000 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I know Tiffany doesn't come off as the brightest bulb sometimes, but I don't know how she couldn't have possibly anticipated this reaction.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Tiffany is NOT the brightest bulb by any means, but I don't see a Japanese flag in her snapchat post in Ap's link. All I see is a "TOKYO, Japan" graphic which has the Rising Sun as its decoration inside of it. That's a shit explanation on my part, but she didn't post a flag. It looks to me like she's in Japan for SNSD work, and made a post with typical emojis to indicate that (instead of just posting text under the picture to get the same message across).

I get that this is a sensitive topic and Tiffany isn't the smartest one in the bunch, but I think vilifying her for it is excessive. It probably slipped her mind that Korean Liberation Day was coming up considering they're in Japan at the moment anyway.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I could take it as an error if it wasn't because the fans warned her about using the -normal- Japanese flag on a previous post and then chose to use the rising sun design. Also, Sunny has gotten into 'trouble' over an insignificant political issue, and other Idols got hate for the use of that flag or making the slightest reference to Japan in the national liberation day.

It's just so easy to avoid something like this after been working in that country for 9 years now... that it makes you think if it was a genuine mistake with an unfortunate timing.
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

This is hardly the first time Tiffany has gotten into a scandal like this. She's got one from way back in like 2008 when she had just debuted. She's just not that smart.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I didn't know this was going to happen. Yuri and Seohyun released a song called "Secret":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRPgtoEO6OM
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

SM Station tracks typically only get revealed a few days in advance, but technically being a promotional song for Pantene, <a class="bbc_url" href="http://weibo.com/panteneofficial" title="External link">they leaked it</a> a couple of weeks early. It's a pretty good deep house track, and lots of lovely hair flips in that video.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I read Hyoyeon is going to be on one of the next songs with Jokwon and Min.

And I didn't expect it either but it sounds really good. I hope people don't bash the song because of the Tiffany drama, they always have to attach someone's scandal into everything related to that person.
And btw Tiffany got taken off Unnie's Slam Dunk and is supposedly """reflecting"""
Image Hey
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Ap2000"]
I didn't know this was going to happen. Yuri and Seohyun released a song called "Secret":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRPgtoEO6OM
[/quote]

Yay, I approve! I like what SM is doing, getting the girls in smaller sub-units which gets each girl much more screentime. Yuri is a bombshell of sexiness in that video!

I adore Seohyun in the fancy Lamborghini, but why do companies film scenes like that where singers just... sit in cars? She's not going anywhere in it, so why bother renting the damn thing to sit still?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Because cars are insta-cool as far as directors are concerned.

It's also likely Seohyun doesn't have a license. When she was on WGM, Hyoyeon drove her around in an episode and the way they made it seem, she was the odd one out in the group for being able to drive.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="199651" data-time="1471568906">I adore Seohyun in the fancy Lamborghini, but why do companies film scenes like that where singers just... sit in cars? She's not going anywhere in it, so why bother renting the damn thing to sit still?</blockquote>
If a company gives you 100k to blow on a music video, you may as well spend 5000 on a cool car that you rent for the weekend and drive around with in your free time.

@Anderei; I remember her driving a kinda small car.
She has a license:
https://snsdsochiworld.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/seohyun-saat-menyetir-mobil-di-reality-show-taetiseo-soompi-com_.jpg
Last edited by Ap2000 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Taeyeon has a new single (11:11):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulr0muQKjk0

Apparently this is the songwriter:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMPSA_ejT7_/

I guess this "kinda hipster-ish" pop music is what she's staying with for now.

This outfit is driving me insane:
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/14723524_210611939363782_2507539861754347520_n.jpg
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

[quote="Ap2000"]
Taeyeon has a new single (11:11):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulr0muQKjk0
[/quote]

Taeyeon's low register is very warm and soothing, but I just wish at least one of the chorus or the bridge would be a bit more exciting. I like the first 5.5 bars of the B melody, it really sounds like the song is going to go somewhere, and then it just doesn't.
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

Taeyeon's "I Got Love" MV is <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHqy1JsVvIE" title="External link">out</a>.

If you had told me 1.5 years ago that I'd be completely indifferent to a Taeyeon solo release, I would never have believed you. However, after the "I" minialbum which I loved, and "Rain" which was good although very safe, we got Why which I didn't really like, 11:11 which I thought was way too sedate, and now this. I think in theory she could make this concept work for me, but the song is pretty awkwardly constructed. And now that she keeps messing with her face she doesn't really look right to me anymore.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

"I got love" can barely be considered music and is on par with the crap SM has been shitting out for the past ~3 years.
The makeup and outfits are also just too much.

The song is really f(x)-tier garbage.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I've heard this is not the title track of her new album, it's a pre-release MV so hopefully the actual promotional song is good.
Image Hey
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

... I like it. :D but I think it would sound better with a different kind of voice... I dunno there's something about Taeyeon's voice that just doesn't really fit the vibe of the song.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

The latest album teasers make me feel a little more at ease.

Love in Color
Cover Up
Feel So Fine
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

This album sounds like it's shaping up to be one of the better releases of the first quarter of 2017
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I agreed with moralar's assessment of all Taeyeon's solo work, so I went in expecting I Got Love to suck hard, but I love it. It's got good vibes and a bit of soul to it that I find hard to describe.

Out of the less mainstream stuff SNSD's solo efforts have been trying, I Got Love succeeds the most. I quite enjoy it.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I guess I'm one of the few who enjoyed I Got Love - I DO think that sax section needs another beat in there, it's way too empty, but at least it doesn't sound like Radio Disney which is more than I can say for all her other solo efforts.
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

The full album is out now. I like it! It's like "I" part 2 with more energy and stylistic variation. I'm still not feeling I Got Love, though.
Last edited by moralar on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Not sleeping, but all I pretty much care about in SNSD anymore is nearly exclusively Taeyeon.

Holiday is worthless trash, just like most of their singles in the past several years.

All night is, conceptionally definitely, their best single since 2014's Mr. Mr.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Yeah I don't like Holiday, I just figured more people would be talking about it

This just solidifies that Twice is the new nation's girl group. And no, I'm not a ONCE.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I'm kind of over the oversatured tumblr aesthetic SME has been doing for literally everything these past two or three years.

I have a friend who lived in Korea and she said while SNSD are still popular, the group is kind of viewed as has-beens, especially since it's not 'cool' to follow idols intensely.