[2016.10.19] Angerme - Ai no Tame Kyou made Shinkashite Kita Ningen, Ai no Tame Subete Taikashita Ningen/Umaku Ienai/Wasurete Ageru

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: [2016.10.19] Angerme - Ai no Tame Kyou made Shinkashite Kita Ningen, Ai no Tame Subete Taikashita Ningen/Umaku Ienai/Wasurete Ageru

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Myst"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="200387" data-time="1474164391">
Wasurete Ageru rip: <a class="bbc_url" href="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qR748Bm4Q ... J3MFY0BiHQ" title="External link">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qR748Bm4Q ... FY0BiHQ</a>

Those first two lines were really great.
</blockquote>
Ooh, I like this. As for One Day vibes going on.

[/quote]

Definitely. It's that stringed instrument that's the same in As for One Day. I quite like it.
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2016.10.19] Angerme - Ai no Tame Kyou made Shinkashite Kita Ningen, Ai no Tame Subete Taikashita Ningen/Umaku Ienai/Wasurete Ageru

Post by JPope »

The AFOD vibe is from the bass. The strings are straight from "Only You" -- and Platinum Era MM in general -- but better.

I really like this so far. The chorus is strong, and the string arrangement is intoxicating. I can see this growing on me a lot in the coming days.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="200389" data-time="1474166583"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="200387" data-time="1474164391">
Those first two lines were really great.</blockquote>

Kamiko and Take! :heart: :heart:</blockquote>

Yes, I've been very impressed with Kamiko both in the studio recordings and the lives. I was disappointed to see at the recent lives that she didn't get a lot of Meimi/Kanon lines that she could have delivered better than some recipients ever could. Hopefully they continue featuring her in most of the upcoming songs though.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="200399" data-time="1474204526"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="200389" data-time="1474166583"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="200387" data-time="1474164391">
Those first two lines were really great.</blockquote>
Kamiko and Take! :heart: :heart:</blockquote>
Yes, I've been very impressed with Kamiko both in the studio recordings and the lives. I was disappointed to see at the recent lives that she didn't get a lot of Meimi/Kanon lines that she could have delivered better than some recipients ever could. Hopefully they continue featuring her in most of the upcoming songs though.</blockquote>
She got quite a few lines in their last concert tour though. Not as many as the main girls but she certainly wasn't lacking for the newbie of the group.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Anderei"]
Hopefully they continue featuring her in most of the upcoming songs though.
[/quote]

I definitely think they will. They must know the gem they picked when they added her, I don't think she's the type to get pushed to the back. Although, ANGERME isn't bad about doing that in the first place.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Wasurete Ageru sounds good, not sure what to make out of Umaku Ienai. I'm not too sold on the rips so far. Maybe it'll change with costumes and MVs.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Wasurete Ageru gives me Itoshima Distance vibes for some reason.

Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They even compared it to Itoshima Distance themselves on the radio show.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="yuzu"]
[/quote]

They're pretty similar in their influences.

<div>I'm digging this single more each day. Umaku Ienai mines some sweet 80s funky dance vibes, and has that amazing bridge that goes from happy-major to dark-minor in the blink of an eye. Wasurete Ageru continues the trend of ANGERME improving on Platinum era MM, and even Ai no Tame has grown on me more than I expected it would. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I'll state my unpopular opinion that, overall, I like this more than their last single. None of the songs are as strong as Tsugitsugi on their own, but all of them are better than Koi Nara Tokku, and Wasurete Ageru is more interesting than Itoshima Distance to my ears. Honestly, all of these songs are dense, interesting slow-burners with dark edges. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I really love this group.</div>
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

[quote="yuzu"]

[/quote]

Opening lines resemble Memory Seishun no Hikari, then the chorus ("Aitakute, Aitakute...", around 1:05 in the video above) and overall song structure is pretty much identical to Itoshima Distance, too, with some adjustments made to the last two lines to finish up the first part (around 1:35).  The keys are also fairly similar: I think Itoshima Distance is written in F-minor, with Wasurete Ageru keyed in E-flat minor, a step below.  

I'm having trouble articulating coherent thoughts about the instrumental backing, but I think they're fairly similar too: both are using constant percussion lines (okay, through earphones, Wasurete's sub-bass line is pretty head shaking) and a string ensemble to carry the melody.  I'd say Itoshima Distance is a bit more mid-balanced as they're making it more interesting by having piano lead-ins and some horn/brass phases.  Wasurete Ageru is its almost-twin, if your twin was a fiercer dancer on BPM and swapped out the piano/horn phases for the zither synth in AFOD. :D 

[quote="JPope"]

<div>I'll state my unpopular opinion that, overall, I like this more than their last single. None of the songs are as strong as Tsugitsugi on their own, but all of them are better than Koi Nara Tokku, and Wasurete Ageru is more interesting than Itoshima Distance to my ears. Honestly, all of these songs are dense, interesting slow-burners with dark edges. </div>
[/quote]

I see your viewpoint; while Uemaku Ienai still feels over the place, it needs just time working through to get interesting.  I'm also seeing smidgens of MM's "3,2,1 Breaking Out" mixed in.

Personally, I'm more of a fan than Koi Nara Tokku, as it matched Meimi's performance style as a late Showa-era idol.  Being a fan of the super olds (read: German 30s foxtrot is absolutely delightful) I don't mind seeing more of it, but only if the girls are enthusiastic for it.  If not, Country Girls works this material just as well.
Last edited by kitaoji on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Private, arrived too late.  :dammit:

Edit: I found another.

Akari dyed her hair a dark mahogany brown and it feels so wrong.
Last edited by MejraThea on Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I actually really like it.  Also Murotan and Rikako look beyond gorgeous in that preview to me.
Kaori • Risako 

Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Ai no Tame... H!S Edit - https://youtu.be/hHpOHkgrx9g?t=42s

Also, the single's order is confirmed as Umaku Ienai / Ai no Tame... / Wasurete Ageru
Last edited by Solarblade on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

So far Umaku Ienai is the only song I particularly like from this single.  I can see Wasurete growing on me but Ai no Tame is really, really below par imo.  Feels like a Momusu b-side from a few years ago at best.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Full Ai no Tame PV:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3qKtkkf4KAg&ebc=ANyPxKoWDVO7k3ct3cLy9vyFpkvJVvNshJKP__3nDf6rxdu18Ai2qNSfEdEXKRXbC43oKp03PceSEpcMfIqRLHY2kzAtS2KPpg

I don't really think of them as a choreo group but there was a part in the dance break that looked so silly I wish they'd get rid of it.
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

I feel like ANGERME'a energy and charisma is undeniable, though. My initial reaction to Ai no Tame was to obviously find the song forgettable, but the girls are so damn fun to watch that I hardly cared.

Ayaka, despite being the oldest member, really looks like she belongs there. She hasn't started dialing it in like what's-her-face did when she left two singles ago.

I don't know why, but I love how stoic and low-energy Rina always is in comparison to the other girls. I love it every time she gets big lines. I think her voice is nice, and her RBF syndrome is endearing.

The MV did need more Kana.

3rd gen is KILLING it. They seem to be having he most fun out of everybody, really. There's a lot of confidence and passion in them.

And the new girls fit in nicely! Especially the newest girl whose name I haven't bothered to learn. She completely skipped over that "omg this is my first mv plz treat me well" phase and performed nicely. She already has a stronger presence than, say, everyone in Country Girls.

tl;dr

Nice, but forgettable song. The girls make it enjoyable to watch and therefore listen.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Today each time I woke up the chorus of this song was immediately playing in me head -- and maybe a little in my sleep.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Thea"]
Today each time I woke up the chorus of this song was immediately playing in me head -- and maybe a little in my sleep.
[/quote]

I read this in an Irish accent.
Kaori • Risako 

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

What, Yuzu, no! You know my country accent!

Oh.... I just noticed the typo. Damn you, mobile!  :dammit:
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I like the song because Angerme was doing it. If it was MM or any other H!P group, I probably wouldn't like it as much. The English lyrics of the song remind me of TokiSora although the style of the song is completely different.
Formerly Mizura
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Overall, I like the music video. Props are always a plus. CG, got that. Still in a boxed set, but at least it's got character. So, I'll let it pass. Dance is kind of interesting given the context of the song. It's very, Robokiss 2.0. (Yay Idol Robots!)

Momona, I'm letting her pass on this one since this is her first music video, but that girl needs to learn to emote and fast. 

Kamiko is cute but damn there's just something about her that I just don't really like. She's a nice enough girl but eh. 

I think I like the music video more than the song. Haha. I'm interested to see the finished product of Umaku Ienai.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

I actually like the song and the video. It's got lots of Murotan, Dawa, and Takeuchi which makes me happy and I think all of the girls look lovely here. Kamikaze has a nice enough voice but there's definitely something very off about her expression to me and it throws me off. The new(est) girl was pretty invisible for me and I can't recall if we even heard her sing in this song. I guess I'll reserve judgment for now because it's her first single but so far I haven't seen her value to what is already an awesome group.

EDIT: My phone has apparently decided that Kamiko's name is kamikaze. I'm sticking with it. I hereby dub her nickname to be kamikaze lol
Last edited by sayu1991 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Well, she did sing the first line, to be quite honest she was there quite a bit during the first verse/chorus...then she kind of poofed away.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

The video is fine, as is the dance. The CG is cool and not over-the-top, and the angles of the dance shots are more interesting than usual. I've come to like this song quite a bit, too.

The entire package just confirms that Up-Front sees ANGERME as their second MM, as the music, choreo, and speed with which members come and go is entirely within the MM mold. All of the songs from these last two singles could easily have been given to MM, and no one would have thought anything of it. ANGERME just does everything better, though, so I'm glad they're getting the good stuff.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I completely forgot about this until late today. The MV is ok, I guess. But despite having the chorus stuck in my head I really don't care for it, and that saddens me because I want to like it. At least we know Umaku Ienai is promising.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="200639" data-time="1474959467">The entire package just confirms that Up-Front sees ANGERME as their second MM, as the music, choreo, and speed with which members come and go is entirely within the MM mold. All of the songs from these last two singles could easily have been given to MM, and no one would have thought anything of it. ANGERME just does everything better, though, so I'm glad they're getting the good stuff.</blockquote>
ANGERME these days is basically Morning Musume done right. :lol: It's hard to believe that both are part of the same company. If I put effort to actually learn the members I might have converted fully. (Un)fortunately, the only member who stood out to me enough to notice (and eventually go heads over heels about) was Meimi. =3=

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="200623" data-time="1474936705">Still in a boxed set, but at least it's got character.</blockquote>
Not a set - a location! Incidentally the same as BABYMETAL's Ijime, Dame, Zettai. And one I incidentally visited in 2013:
anger_set.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

After working on it I can say that I love it anyway now.  :lol: Working on the songs almost always does that to me.