[2016.11.23] Morning Musume '16 - Sexy Cat no Enzetsu / Mukidashi de Mukiatte / Sou Janai

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: [2016.11.23] Morning Musume '16 - Sexy Cat no Enzetsu / Mukidashi de Mukiatte / Sou Janai

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="showraniy"]
What is that arm flapping dance move in Sexy Cat? That is the most unsexy thing to put in a sexy dance, wtf.
[/quote]

I think Erina is the only one who's doing it "properly"... Idc what their dance instructor wanted them to do, popping your chest is the only way to make that move not look silly, and actually have some sexy tones to it. They shouldn't be flapping their arms they should be using their arms to bump their chests forward and then back.... Usually your butt goes in the opposite direction.

Somewhat similar to this. Though MM's would focus more on chest popping, and arms could still move more than in the video I linked.

Also,here is a live rip of Sexy Cat ??
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Re: [2016.11.23] Morning Musume '16 - Sexy Cat no Enzetsu / Mukidashi de Mukiatte / Sou Janai

Post by MejraThea »

^ More than likely, that is what the instructor intended. However, instructing any of them to do a sexy part usually falls more than flat -- they do the bare minimum and end up just wiggling.

[quote="Derby"]
So nobody's gonna mention how that creep chose a screen cap where you can see all the puss-zone for the radio rip? 
[/quote]

Could have been Maria's ass hanging out!  :whistling:
Last edited by MejraThea on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Full <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=5_X56cKHG2M' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Sexy Cat PV</a> is up and I like it. It's fun and quirky and has a storyline in a way. You can tell they had fun making this one.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I like it more now, Kudou's just too charming.

Edit: Although I like it, I also don't like it and still won't watch or listen to it. I love all the Kudou parts I saw, however.
Last edited by MejraThea on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="JPope"]
I think Renai Hunter is fantastic. I think Pyoko is hot garbage. I'll let Dave Mason explain how I feel about this particular disagreement:

https://youtu.be/p8_FOQ7-P30?t=58
[/quote]

That was cute and put a smile on my face. :rofl:

---

I'm still not impressed with the MV or song, much, (I'm Q's anti-thesis; at this point, hardly anything MM does will truly impress me until the dead weight, void-of-personality members leave)... but, I don't mind the song quite as much. I like kind of thundering, galloping beat that comes in during the second lines of the first verse, but that was by and far the only thing that I really liked.

The vocals seemed more of an accessory here than usual. It kind of works.

I can't really see myself listening to this regularly, though. If it wasn't for projecthello, I'd not even check...
Last edited by arcobaleno on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Oh my godddddd, I love this. Haruka and Sakura are continuing to slay. The concept is charming af and I love it. It's been a while since I ordered an MM single but between this and Mukidashi, I'm sold.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Well the full MV actually won me over. It was way better than the H!S version and there was some effort put into it and it didn't just focus on the 3 sexy cats like I first thought. The song isn't that great still, it's just really repetitive and I don't like how unfair the line distribution is in the groups compared to all the other groups.

The Mukidashide rip actually sounds good as well. This may end up being the first single I've actually liked in 2 years.
Formerly Mizura
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

:/

Can we have MM'14 back yet?
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I wish the dance break instrumental was a little stronger. The rest of the song is very one note and doesn't really go anywhere.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Saya"]

[/quote]

I'll join this club.  :pouty:

/Sayu withdrawals
Last edited by arcobaleno on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

The MV is charming (despite the awkwardness). Song-wise I'm not sold, but I do like parts of the song, compared to Sou Janai or ... basically 3/4 of what MM released this and last year.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="arcobaleno"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="201649" data-time="1477329058">
<div>

[/quote]

I'll join this club.  :pouty:

/Sayu withdrawals

</div>
</blockquote>

'14 was a great time.  -_-

Except for Tiki Bun.
Last edited by MejraThea on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Dayum, this is Erina's MV in my eyes... And I think those who see what I post regularly know this isn't biased. She shone.

I like the comparisons between most of the girls, who are busy doing this and that, taking everything seriously but aren't happy, against the cats who--while they probably cause too much trouble--bring some fun and carefreeness into the others' lives. Just like the lyrics say:

"If I can be 'happy' by getting in line, I'd line up in the early morning. But I know, myself, that I'm not looking for results only."
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Welcome to the Musume wave. I feel like one of those a Turtles from Finding Nemo. Just riding the current. It's gonits ups and it's got its downs. And we are obviously in a down. 13th gen can't come fast enough if you ask me. Either that or the group needs a new manager. Something isn't working for the group right now.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

It occurs to me that a number of the girls might not understand why pushing down on the cradle of a telephone would be annoying.  :rofl:

The song is growing on me. I know it's a rip-off, but I don't so much care about that so long as the result is good. I dig the dark jump-blues feel, and that interlude is so tasty. 
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

So can anybody tell me exactly where does the chorus of this song start...? nothing there feels like a chorus at all
Image Hey
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I think the "If I could be a sexy cat" might be the chorus. But as most MM songs lately the chorus is a bit weird/weak.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Covers are out.

I like the Sexy Cat and Sou janai ones. The pink is... awful.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Definitely. I like the Reg A and C covers, the rest are nothing special, the pink one is lazy.
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

If I see the pink and blue covers one more time I'm going to lose it. Almost every group had one of those pink ones this year and the stupid geometric collage doesn't look good.
It never has.
Plus, they all look familiar.... like lazy versions of Angerme covers. 
Last edited by GaleKakumei on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

All H!P covers are familiar now.

RA and RC are the better ones, true. But RC burns my soul.
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

I don't mind them looking similar, but if you're going to have a filler at least put in some variation. It's a cover no one ever liked, and was uninspired from the start.
And this:
Spoiler: [+]
This is definitely a mismatched Angerme uniform.
Last edited by GaleKakumei on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Apparantly Sou Janai's PV is over 7 minutes long
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Seven minutes of Maria sacrificing herself to the center gods?

And my mismatched you mean rejected Angerme outfit?

I'm surprised they didn't preview another PV this week on Hello Station.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

This excites me. Maybe it’s a story-like PV like I WISH.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>Regular A: I don't mind the simplicity of it so much as I really don't like the forced poses. It's a striking cover otherwise.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Regular B: What a mess. Garish pink, terrible dafont-reject typeface, and mostly dead-behind-the-eyes photos of the girls.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Regular C: Super pose-tastic, but I like it anyway. The colors are nice, and the background reminds me of a 70s prog-rock album cover. In a good way.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Limited A: Awesome. Love almost everything about it: The massive text could have been pulled off better, but I love the concept, and the poses don't feel as forced as the regular version.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Limited B: That pink pattern in the outfits just makes this photo impossible to focus on. It makes me a little anxious looking at it, tbh.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Limited C: A decent take on a well-worn concept. The color scheme helps it a lot.</div>
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Thea"]
All H!P covers are familiar now.

[/quote]

I like that ANGERME has stuck with their retro-inspired covers, though. Not all of them are retro, and it might just be a reference point or two -- the way the group is posed, the lighting, the layout and fonts -- but they're almost all really well done.
Last edited by JPope on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

Country Girls also gets excellent covers. I don't mind a few drab covers for each group, but if MM is selling the most singles, it doesn't make much sense to distribute a sub-par product (in reference to the actual set).
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

Mukidashite radio rip:

https://youtu.be/0b5b1I4DVG8

I quite like it.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Rally"]
Mukidashite radio rip:
https://youtu.be/0b5b1I4DVG8

I quite like it.
[/quote]

For me, it's probably their best EDM song in years... I think more in part to the way the lyrics flow than anything else, but it's interesting to listen to. I can see myself going "muKIdashite muKIdashite"