Morning Musume '16 Shinseiki Auditions

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: Morning Musume '16 Shinseiki Auditions

Post by JPope »

I don't see any new groups on the horizon, either. Six active groups is a lot to carry for H!P. 

I have no problem with them adding only KSS girls, so long as they are good. 
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Question: how are people able to judge Kenshuusei and pick favorites? Since I tend to see them only in concerts, where they're not differentiated and only perform as a group in one number, I'm not able to identify them or see enough to judge their performance capability. So how are you guys able to do it?

(Heck, I'm in the process now of going back to older concerts and discovering Eggs and KSS who later joined MM, J=J, Angerme, KF and TF.)
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

For the Japanese/local fans, they can go to the recitals and smaller shows, which are the Kenshuusei's own concerts.

For the foreign fans, we get to see the digest of these things on the Hello! Station. We also get dance lessons, singing lessons, all sorts of things about the eggs on the Hello! Station! I'll search for them and edit them into my comment.

Kenshuusei rehearsing for one of their concerts. A dance lesson. Here are the Hokkaidou members being introduced then performing. A performance. Another performance. Another rehearsal. Here's the digest for this year's recital. Here is last year's recital digest. And lastly, (from the Green Room channel, not the Hello! Station) is the audition they did to sing a duet at a concert. The winners of that were: Kaga Kaede and Takase Kurumi, Ichioka Reina and Danbara Ruru, as well as Funaki Musubu (Now in CG) and Ichioka Reina.
Last edited by MejraThea on Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Thea"]
For the Japanese/local fans, they can go to the recitals and smaller shows, which are the Kenshuusei's own concerts.

For the foreign fans, we get to see the digest of these things on the Hello! Station. We also get dance lessons, singing lessons, all sorts of things about the eggs on the Hello! Station! I'll search for them and edit them into my comment.

Kenshuusei rehearsing for one of their concerts. A dance lesson. Here are the Hokkaidou members being introduced then performing. A performance. Another performance. Another rehearsal. Here's the digest for this year's recital. Here is last year's recital digest. And lastly, (from the Green Room channel, not the Hello! Station) is the audition they did to sing a duet at a concert. The winners of that were: Kaga Kaede and Takase Kurumi, Ichioka Reina and Danbara Ruru, as well as Funaki Musubu (Now in CG) and Ichioka Reina.
[/quote]

Thanks, Thea. I've got my work cut out for me.
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

Before you start with the KSS, just one thing -- try not to get too attached to any of them. Most of the best do not debut.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Kodoku no Uta"]
Before you start with the KSS, just one thing -- try not to get too attached to any of them. Most of the best do not debut.
[/quote]

You mean Reina Ichioka hasn't got a chance? Ouch, that hurts!

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Good pick, Madara!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Madara"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kodoku no Uta" data-cid="202646" data-time="1480272329">
<div>
[/quote]

You mean Reina Ichioka hasn't got a chance? Ouch, that hurts!

</div>
</blockquote>

No, and she'll be 18 come February so this is basically her last chance.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Apparently Duu made a recent comment during their latest promotion tour about meeting the new members already, so sounds like it's at least more than one.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
Apparently Duu made a recent comment during their latest promotion tour about meeting the new members already, so sounds like it's at least more than one.
[/quote]

If history is any guide, that means it's three or four. I smell a graduation announcement, possibly in conjunction with the 13th gen reveal.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I say they're gonna announce a graduation on the first day of the Winter tour. Not sure if they wanna poop on 13th gen's introduction that quickly. But what do I know, with this agency.

Then again, would they let someone go at the end of the spring concert? I feel it's going to be one of the more popular MM members (Mizuki, Ayumi, Erina, Masaki), so having that girl leave just to lose Momoko and °C-ute 2 months later could be overkill. But, again, what do I know, with this agency.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Ai in 2011, Risa and Aika in 2012, Reina in 2013, Sayu in 2014, Riho in 2015, Kanon in 2016. We've broken out of the Platinum "No one's going anywhere!!" phase, and back to the one a year phase. So I'd definitely expect an announcement for one soon.

As for the newbies, it's been the same pattern for years. 4 4 1, 4 4 1. So, it will be four.
Last edited by MejraThea on Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

I just pray it's not Masaki. I don't want Ayumi to go yet either but definitely not Maachan.

4 new members seems excessive with how little any of the current members do but that's H!P for you.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Jesus christ, I hope it's not four girls. You know if we get four at least two of them are gonna suck.

[quote="DonJuan"]
I say they're gonna announce a graduation on the first day of the Winter tour. Not sure if they wanna poop on 13th gen's introduction that quickly. But what do I know, with this agency.

Then again, would they let someone go at the end of the spring concert? I feel it's going to be one of the more popular MM members (Mizuki, Ayumi, Erina, Masaki), so having that girl leave just to lose Momoko and °C-ute 2 months later could be overkill. But, again, what do I know, with this agency.
[/quote]

I mean, if someone wants to go, no one's going to stop them. Idol agencies don't seem that concerned about keeping people around.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Yeah, four would piss me off for that very reason. Would love to see the first ever two-member generation, with both being solid-to-very good. The ratio of talented/untalented in MM needs to begin to tilt back more towards talented.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

So what kenshuusei are known to be good at singing aside from Ruru? I know Kaede is better than the 12th gen dump (who isnt?) but compared to let's say Mizuki how good is she?
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Most of the kenshuusei are dancers more than singers, imo. Following the general H!P trend.

To be honest, the vast majority of the kenshuusei we've gotten in the past two years have been most of the more talented ones. A good portion of Kobushi, Murota, CG's 2nd gen did make up most of the best the program had to offer. And between both factories and Murota debuting, they also got out the top players popularity-wise.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

Iirc only Ruru, NGPs and Manaka were from major backgrounds. So, Kaga would probably be the best of the KSS, vocally anyway. After her, they are pretty scattered and inconsistent. None are amazing (good, even), based on the recitals.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="Anderei"]

I mean, if someone wants to go, no one's going to stop them. Idol agencies don't seem that concerned about keeping people around.[/quote]

True. They could ask them to stay a bit longer, though. Like the Gaki situation. May it be the °C-ute/Momoko grad in June or the cover up plan of them having to teach 13th gen, who knows.
But honestly, I wouldn't mind a graduation announcement. At all.

I think 2 girls would be perfect - one who's interesting and good at talking and one who's a good singer. Or give me two good singers. I just hope we won't get any Ogatas.

Takase Kurumi is quite ok, she won the singing award in the KSS' last diagnosis test. Some people were also impressed by Kiyono Momohime, she won the public vote (along with now ANGERME member Kasahara Momona).

Here's Kiyono from that event
Here's Takase

Kiyono will turn 12 in December, Takase is already 17 though.
Last edited by DonJuan on Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They could but it seems that girls either choose to go themselves or management starts giving them hints that it's time (ex. Takahashi and Yossie has talked about this as well). 

Over at H!O they were saying that Momohime isn't as popular as we're led to believe (apparently the wota think she looks like Aika and they hate that???) and that she's in a Rikako situation where it's more a smaller group of people hyping her up more than that she's loved by a large group of people. But she didn't win the popular vote so who knows. That the other winner has debuted puts a lot of points in her favor even if past winners haven't debuted, but I stand by my earlier post that she's a far better fit for Country Girls than she is MM.

Worth noting that Kaga won the popularity vote last year and didn't debut. Musubu is the only winner of an award in 2015 who has debuted. Other winners were Ruru (2nd place in singing), Ichioka and Hashimoto (1st and 2nd in dancing), Horie (character award), Inoue (special award). 

The host of 2016's recital also basically came out after the fact and said in an article about the event that the senior girls definitely lost to the newer girls. 

Part of me wonders if they're maybe going to debut some kenshuusei into Juice=Juice in the upcoming years. At the end of this year, their youngest members will be 18 and C-ute decided to graduate because their youngest had hit 20. 
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="Anderei"]
They could but it seems that girls either choose to go themselves or management starts giving them hints that it's time (ex. Takahashi and Yossie has talked about this as well).
[/quote]

Granted, they don't need to keep members in the group. They already lost their two most popular members, the only thing that'd hit them as hard would be a double graduation of the current most popular members which would be ... Mizuki and Haruka? Or a surprise graduation of Maria. I don't know, aside from Maria nobody would be an actual loss. I mean I like some members more than others (and more than Maria), but the group isn't really dependent on a certain member.
They're probably glad if one of the members comes up to them saying they want to leave, the group is getting too big now.

About Kiyono Momohime, I don't know. I wouldn't want her in the group either, she's too physically young imo (I mean she looks like what, 6?). About wota, who knows. People thought Karin would be the best thing since sliced bread but Up-Front failed to make her as popular as she could have been. She's probably still the most popular member of J=J but I don't think Akari is that far behind, and even Yuka is quite popular.
I'd say give Momohime two years, she'll be 13 (about to get 14) then and that's still a good age to debut at.

I wonder if Kawamura Ayano (that Karin clone) is a good singer. She's also already 17, though.

See them pull out Hashisako Rin. I wouldn't be surprised. I have no idea about her talent, but the fact that she looks pissed in every picture would make things hilarious.
Last edited by DonJuan on Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I actually think they've done the most of what they could with Karin. She's not all that charismatic off stage (there's a reason the Juice=Juice girls get nearly nonexistent solo work), she was never gonna be more than a lead singer/photobook type of gal.

Judging by the videos I watched of her in her group, Ayano is not a good singer. She has a lot of energy and that's about it.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

No love for Horie? Lol or even Hikarun?
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I very badly want Takase Kurumi.  I think her look and voice would fit more than anyone else and despite some rough ass high notes in that Moonlight Night she's already beating 90% of the current lineup.  But they probably think she's too old, so I'm prepared to be disappointed LOL.  But she is one of the more conventionally attractive KKS now that she's grown into her face so perhaps that will work in her favor.  Her and Ruru would be my dream picks.

Kaede is... relatively okay, but I don't feel like she fits MM at all.  I'm kind of surprised she's not in Kobushi tbh since she has that same shouty, slightly unpleasant moose voice a lot of their members have lmao.
Last edited by Farrah on Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Solarblade"]
No love for Horie? Lol or even Hikarun?
[/quote]

I know absolutely nothing about Horie. I barely even remember she exists most of the time. She's already 18, so I think her chances are super super slim.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="DonJuan"]
 About Kiyono Momohime, I don't know. I wouldn't want her in the group either, she's too physically young imo (I mean she looks like what, 6?).
[/quote]

I don't think we need to plan for older here. As is evident, the idol age has dropped younger and younger and younger. Kudou herself was 11 years and 11 months when she was added, so I don't think Momohime is a stretch. Though she does look a lot younger than she actually is.

I do think she deserves to go somewhere, even though I don't like her.

I don't even care where she goes at this point somebody put Kaede somewhere. I still say we need a new group (maybe since C-ute is leaving, hmmmmm) With Kaga, Danbara, Ichioka, Takase and Inoue. Yes, my roster grew.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="Thea"]

I don't even care where she goes at this point somebody put Kaede somewhere. I still say we need a new group (maybe since C-ute is leaving, hmmmmm) With Kaga, Danbara, Ichioka, Takase and Inoue. Yes, my roster grew.

[/quote]

One one hand, that sounds like a dream group.  On the other, I am getting SO TIRED of watching all the best girls go to every group except MM, who I think arguably need talent and charisma more than anyone else right now.  The group is really stagnating right now imo.

Like Moe - why did she get passed over for MM and then instantly added to ANGERME? I mean, I love ANGERME, but imo she would've been even more of an asset to MM because while ANGERME's weaker members have a shit ton of charisma and charm, MM's front girls AND trashcan members are literally like beige on toast.
Last edited by Farrah on Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Because Takui in charge of Angerme's audition and he specifically said he picked Moe because she was the best singer the audition had to offer even if she needed work. We don't know who was in charge of 12th gen's audition, we just know it was the first Tsunku didn't participate in. I wouldn't expect anyone super talented in 13th gen either, not when a girl like Maria is being pushed as the future of the group. If they consider her a success they'll probably try to find another front girl just like her, just like how they added Ayumi and pushed her since she was a Riho clone.

I think people need to accept that most of those girls aren't going to debut. Ruru is the youngest and has the highest chance since time is still on her side. I stand by my belief that H!P still has too many newer groups for them to add a fourth to the mix, and those girls are all the Factory girls ages, except they all debuted 2 years ago and those girls are still trainees. And in MM the age thing seems even more restrictive. Everyone was shocked when Haruna was added at the ripe old age of 16 and I think she's the only person we've gotten over the age of 15 other than the Pandas since Miki, who wasn't a regular audition. I think you have to go all the back to 2nd gen to get anyone older than that.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Is it just me, or did the company go around and pull all of the Kenshuusei rips off of Youtube? lol.....

Anyway, Ruru is considerably the best singer in KSS.

Takase is good, could use a bit of work, but has great stage presence and dance.

Horie Kizuki is a powerful singer, she has good soul.

Kaga Kaede is... not my cup of tea. But she's not bad.... Her vibrato is nice tho.

Ichioka Reina has certainly grown into her singing, and I think she has a really nice base now.

Kanatsu Mizuki (14) really surprised me... She's new, but she had a real nice grip of her singing during the test. She was also leaps and bounds beyond where she was last year, as a whole. Here she is last year, and here she was this year.

But the KSS is having the same issue as MM, now... They put all the good singers in other groups yet didn't add many to themselves, so now even the KSS is slim pickings compared to the singers it had even a year ago. We have 5 new KSS we haven't heard from, as well, so we have no way of telling how they are. 

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Farrah"]

One one hand, that sounds like a dream group.  On the other, I am getting SO TIRED of watching all the best girls go to every group except MM, who I think arguably need talent and charisma more than anyone else right now.  The group is really stagnating right now imo.
[/quote]

Yes. They have reached the same point, for me, where they were around 2009/10 where I was tired of even the girls I liked. Within the space of one year, though, they had over-hauled the membership and sound of the group, and in the process increased interest in the MM brand. I think a similar overhaul is in order now.

Then again, Billboard reports the Sexy Cat single moved 166K copies, so what the fuck do I know?  :rofl: