Morning Musume '16 Shinseiki Auditions

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: Morning Musume '16 Shinseiki Auditions

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Derby"]
I'm just surprised with their age because they always go for girls in their early-to-middle teens and Kaede will be an adult in 1 year.

but serious talk, who's gonna get Riho's red...
[/quote]

My bet's on Kaga >.>
ghsiogsdfojmsviwo
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Kaga Kaede (17, Tokyo)
[/quote]

Gosh, TicTac don't post that or I WILL cry.  :cryalot:

[quote="Derby"]
I'm just surprised with their age because they always go for girls in their early-to-middle teens and Kaede will be an adult in 1 year.

but serious talk, who's gonna get Riho's red...
[/quote]

Kaede. Kaede is the only choice, and the only red I can possibly support.
Last edited by MejraThea on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

If they give Yokoyama a blue I swear...
Image Hey
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
So, what is this attitude I am always hearing about Kaede about?
[/quote]

I don't think I've ever actually heard her speak poorly, but her facial expressions and actions just make some feel she's a bit... snotty? Like she thinks she automatically deserves some things?

It's hard to explain but I myself have felt it about her. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of hers. But we'll see now that she'll have 110x more time in front of a camera.

Sort of like a sore loser?
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Why do people like young members, I don't understand? They will graduate in 5 or 6 years or so anyway. And I often get bored with most of them in their 5th or 6th year anyway.
I don't like how Kaga looks either....Reina is cute though.
Last edited by smtmissin on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I like Kaga. I'm glad she's in. But they picked the wrong Reina. :facepalm:
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I agree, Madara! Haha
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

They could go Dark Yellow for a color. They don't have another shade of Yellow.

As for Kaga, I'm happy they chose her. Of her and Ruru, I really wanted HER to get in. She reminds me of Asuka.

Reina, she's a wota favorite so I suppose she fills the visual role. Going by her wiki she really seems to be into music. Guitar, Alto Sax, Piano. While she may not be great to start, I have a feeling she's catch on quick. Kind of like Zukki.
She also gives me shades of Eri when she smiles. I think the latest KSS gen came from the failed 13th gen audition so technically she's the "new" girl.

I don't see why anyone should complain about this. You got your veteran and your newbie. The fact that there are so many KSS now, it's bound to get someone pissy. 

I'm just super happy to FINALLY get a 2 member generation. \:D/
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I deleted that since I felt it might be bad taste, but thanks for explaining your feelings! ????
Last edited by arcobaleno on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

waiting for this guy to show up #MakeItHappen

Image Hey
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
I deleted that since I felt it might be bad taste, but thanks for explaining your feelings! ????
[/quote]

I don't think that poorly of her, but I've seen some of that other stuff floating around in comments and such.

But she really hasn't said anything bad from every video I've seen with her in. She's also a regular host on Up-Front Recommend.

Here's one of her videos hosting.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

They're already added to the roster on H!P Generasia. Kaga is a self-described "anime otaku" and she takes kendo lessons. I'm intrigued. I want to see a kendo-themed PV.

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="smtmissin" data-cid="203156" data-time="1481536384">
Why do people like young members, I don't understand? They will graduate in 5 or 6 years or so anyway. Any I often get bored with most of them in their 5th or 6th year anyway.</blockquote>
Can only speak for myself of course. Usually I'm in the same boat (I rooted so hard for Haruna to make it in the 10th gen auditions), but I felt for this audition they just needed some really fresh blood. Also I think it's awkward to have a junior by 3 generations when she's nearly the same age as Duu lol.

But as said, it's mostly about Kaede and me being a pissbaby. Kaede is pretty much the opposite of fresh for me and I would've reacted differently if it was Takase Kurumi so don't mind my biased butt lol.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

So they did hint at the winner (at least Yokoyama) at the Kenshuuesi live with Makoto giving her an MC...cleveeeer
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

Well I watched the digest and found Kaede. She's alright although I don't see anything special about her; though admittedly this could be because I'm really sore about them not choosing Ruru. I also like Takase Kurumi and would've been happy to see her chosen.

I don't mind the ages much. Yes, 17 seems a bit of an odd age to debut in MM but at least we won't have a little kid voice in with a bunch of adults and near adults. As for the new girl who is 15, well I have no clue what she sounds like.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

MC with the Girls. Kaga (being in for 4 years) is much more comfortable during an MC. Reina, needs work. 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Ome good thing about Reina is that she seems like coming out of the first 13th gen auditions, so it does feel like a generation of one KSS and one newbie.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

13th Gen means there are now 13 members. If they'd waited a few hours to announce it, it would have been on the 13th.

Last edited by Madara on Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Kada Kaede | Yokoyama Reina

Yokoyama's color wouldn't look half bad. They  could use an ocre or olive color since they've never used any of those. But Tanaka's blue...

^ Since Sayu graduated and 12ki joined. 2 yeas ago
Last edited by Derby on Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Tanaka's light blue and Sayu's pink are viable.

Also, here! Kaede practicing backstage for her duet with Ichioka or Takase.
Last edited by MejraThea on Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

We already have 2 shades of pink though and way too many that are blue or nearly blue. We really don't need any pinks, blues, or greens.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Youtube Link to the announcement. 
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Youtube Link to the announcement. 
[/quote]

Thanks for the link, Shoujo. It's my first real glimpse of Reina. She's cute and has poise, but I need to see some performance footage of her. She did seem to have difficulty coming down those huge steps in those heels, while Kaede just bounded down effortlessly. (Long legs help.) I was moved by Kaede's tears, while I thought Reina's extended low bow was a bit much.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Fuuuuck, I got up early for this? LOL, what fuckin' ever.

I like that they went older, because I'm sick of watching little kids who should be performing in middle school talent shows. But I think if I'm Ruru, I start considering pulling the eject handles on H!P soon. Not sure what else she has to prove at this point.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="203155" data-time="1481536314"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="203153" data-time="1481536191">
So, what is this attitude I am always hearing about Kaede about?</blockquote>
I don't think I've ever actually heard her speak poorly, but her facial expressions and actions just make some feel she's a bit... snotty? Like she thinks she automatically deserves some things?

It's hard to explain but I myself have felt it about her. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of hers. But we'll see now that she'll have 110x more time in front of a camera.

Sort of like a sore loser?</blockquote>
She's crap at taking any sort of criticism and its obvious if you pay enough attention. I also recall her being upset about not being chosen for a unit despite already being in a couple in one concert. She might get better now that she's debuted. But she's not gonna please the people who wanted an injection of personality. She's pretty serious even in a good mood.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="200043" data-time="1472833567">
Nishida and Yokoyama are my favorites just based on looks. Nishida in particular looks like someone who will be popular.</blockquote>
It wasn't the one who I thought would be popular but I guess UFP agreed with me. After the first single I expect them to put more eggs in her basket than Kaga's.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

This is actually quite hilarious. Ruru and Ichioka (they are almost the same fucking age LMAO) were the obvious choice but they chose Yokoyama and Kaede. 
Keep it classy, H!P. I think Kaede coming in with a stronger generation mate would give them a bit more merit. I actually like Kaede, but I expected a much stronger generation.
Yokoyama seems like a choice too off-balance Kasahara Momona.
Nonetheless, congratulations to them!

In the meantime, a PINK CRES unit for H!P with Ruru, Ichioka, Horie and Kurumi would be nice. We'll call them TEAL DECRES.
Last edited by GaleKakumei on Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

Okay, I'm a bit surprised, but not entrirely displeased. I am happy they got some older girls, seeing lolis get in all the time was getting rather tiring...
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

On one of the FB H!P groups, one poster commented on Kaede's "difficult" personality, "rough-hewn manners" and "intense ferocity." And I'm, like, "Bring it on!" I love her even more now. MM could use some of that.