Hello!News Network :: 2017 Edition

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Re: Hello!News Network :: 2017 Edition

Post by WonderBuono »

Aaaand of course there's a ton of dislikes. Why do fans gotta be so petty

I agree with Farrah though; this year completely sucked for AKB48 songs so this is kinda nice to hear.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I actually really like Love Trip. It would be really amazing with some better vocalists/performers. Half of the senbatsu are lazy as hell.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="iDOL1641" data-cid="203585" data-time="1482817875">What I'm saying is that fans, AKB or MM, being upset about this doesn't really make sense.</blockquote>Being a crazy fan doesn't always make sense. Like, as a crazy Nintendo fan I was kind of annoyed when Sonic and Solid Snake showed up in Smash Bros. And as a crazy S/mileage fan thought it was really weird to have 3rd gen's first performance at a Morning Musume concert.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Thanks to Kitaoji who posted this info in the COUNTDOWN thread, I'd like to copy/paste it here, so it's easier to find and discuss :)

Kaga Kaede's member color will be[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);color:rgb(178,34,34)] Italian Red[/font], while Yokoyama Reina's is [font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);color:rgb(218,165,32)]Golden Yellow[/font].

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(250,252,255)]Idk why they had to go an add "Italian" and "Golden" other than to give someone besides Manaka Italian Red and so they can say "no one got Riho's color"[/font]  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:
And golden yellow is so close to the oranges/yellow. We'll see how that goes.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(250,252,255)]Idk why they had to go an add "Italian" and "Golden" other than to give someone besides Manaka Italian Red and so they can say[/font] "no one got Riho's color"  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:
And golden yellow is so close to the oranges/yellow. We'll see how that goes.
[/quote]

Thank you.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Yeah I agree, Golden Yellow is too close to Harunan and Akane's colors. Might've well as had her be "forest green" or something.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'm glad Kaede got red. I figured Reina would've gotten green but I guess they want to save Kanon's color until later. Although having a yellow similar to Haruna's (and also the sudden photobook announcement) could mean a graduation for her is coming.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Well we can now enjoy the great color combo that is red and yellow whenever we see the two gen mates together w/ their colors.

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Her gold yellow is the same as mustard yellow so it works lol, A+ job TicTac.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

If Kaga's red is anything like this. I'm all for it. 

The way I see it, there's just SO many different shades of red. And considering H!P has pretty much done away with colored shirts, it's every wota for themselves when making customized shirts t. Back in the day, you say someone got their color, you had goods to back them up. Now it's a rare occurrence. You got your penlights with preloaded colors and sent on your way. 

The winter H!P Shop goods. The girls are IN their implied color shades (Except for Kaga and Y.Reina).  I could nitpick the colors for days but I won't, not worth it.   

So at the end of the day what I think, it that the whole color shade is basically something for wota to use as a guideline when picking out their wota gear. I'm not really good at explaining myself but that's just how I see it. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Oh lord, for sure. When trying to pick out the "exact shades!!!!" for projecthello, Thea and I went through quite a few years of H!P goods and even member color shirts but the shades constantly changed, so we eventually just said "Oh god, why??" and picked the shades we liked for each color that H!P has used and left it at that.

I love the idea of member colors and their goods being in their color, but I wish they'd be more consistent about it.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I like that the hello!shop are picking up on colored member items, same with the fan club. Last year they released member colored H!P shirts and I jumped at the chance of getting a Sakura colored one. She sort of came in when colored shirts were going out of style so I only have two of her shirts in her color. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="203787" data-time="1483373434">Oh lord, for sure. When trying to pick out the "exact shades!!!!" for projecthello, Thea and I went through quite a few years of H!P goods and even member color shirts but the shades constantly changed, so we eventually just said "Oh god, why??" and picked the shades we liked for each color that H!P has used and left it at that.</blockquote>Yeah, just one of those things anal fans put more thought into than the people in charge. :)
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="JoshuaJSlone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="203787" data-time="1483373434">
Oh lord, for sure. When trying to pick out the "exact shades!!!!" for projecthello, Thea and I went through quite a few years of H!P goods and even member color shirts but the shades constantly changed, so we eventually just said "Oh god, why??" and picked the shades we liked for each color that H!P has used and left it at that.
</blockquote>
Yeah, just one of those things anal fans put more thought into than the people in charge. :)

[/quote]

H!P needs to hire us to get their shit together.  :tongue:
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="JoshuaJSlone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="203787" data-time="1483373434">
</blockquote>
Yeah, just one of those things anal fans put more thought into than the people in charge. :)

[/quote]

Thank you for the compliment.  :thumbsup:
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="203811" data-time="1483385350">Thank you for the compliment.  :thumbsup:</blockquote>I am the same way about different things, like whether C-ute's first album is VOL.1 or Vol.1.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Oh my god. This company!
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I'm cursed with being anal about everything H!P....  :eekrun: All inconsistencies must be destroyed!!!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

A reminder: Masaki didn't take part in the last performances (CDTV, countdown concert, winter concert) due to lumbar disc herniation. A few days ago she went to a check-up to decide about the next steps.
Her hiatus got extended to the end of February.There'll be another check-up then to decide if she's gonna come back in March.

She got physical therapy last year but they rushed it to take her back on stage as soon as possible.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="DonJuan"]
A reminder: Masaki didn't take part in the last performances (CDTV, countdown concert, winter concert) due to lumbar disc herniation. A few days ago she went to a check-up to decide about the next steps.
Her hiatus got extended to the end of February.There'll be another check-up then to decide if she's gonna come back in March.

She got physical therapy last year but they rushed it to take her back on stage as soon as possible.
[/quote]

If the doctor says she can't come back in March, that's pretty much the end for poor Maa-chan, no?

How long has UFP kept a girl on hiatus for an injury without releasing her of her contract?

Of course Mitsui comes to mind first. Seems she was diagnosed with her leg fracture in May of 2011 and then a year later graduated. But she wasn't performing on stage for the 2011 Summer H!P tour, MM fall tour and only for a number of songs on the 2012 spring tour (where she graduated.) But looking back, a year is a long time to not be active on stage.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, but Aika has a genetic condition too so what happened to her was inevitable.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="203963" data-time="1483751101">

Her <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.helloproject.com/news/6264/' class="bbc_url" title="External link">hiatus got extended to the end of February. </a>There'll be another check-up then to decide if she's gonna come back in March.

She got physical therapy last year but they rushed it to take her back on stage as soon as possible.</blockquote>

Saw it coming a mile away.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

Poor Masaki :( And I read somewhere that she blogged saying not to worry about her graduating over this because she has too much pride to go out like that. Can anyone confirm that's what she said?

And yeah, Aika had a genetic condition that her doctor said would cause her to keep developing fractures if she were to increase her activity to idol level again.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Sayu"]
Poor Masaki :( And I read somewhere that she blogged saying not to worry about her graduating over this because she has too much pride to go out like that. Can anyone confirm that's what she said?

And yeah, Aika had a genetic condition that her doctor said would cause her to keep developing fractures if she were to increase her activity to idol level again.
[/quote]

She said something along these lines:

"And after,

I thought it was my own fault.

Sorry.

And there are probably some people who think

'it's better to just quit~'

But

I can't give up on the Morning Musume--

That my fans--

The other members--

The staff--

The dance teachers--

The song creators--

I can't give up on those who have come with Morning Musume this far.

I may be a burden

but to give up is....

just, why?

My pride wouldn't allow it.

Everyone,

is it okay if I follow you during this troubling year?

Because I don't know what all will happen throughout the year.

I don't know at all."

^^Please take with a grain of salt Q_Q
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Most girls who I can think who left because of an injury had something chronic, Manaka's athsma, Fuyuka's anemia, Kanna's foot... Didn't Kanon S. do something like injure her leg and have to sit out for a summer?
rikako♡eripon♡airi
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="203968" data-time="1483764316"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Sayu" data-cid="203967" data-time="1483763276">

And yeah, Aika had a genetic condition that her doctor said would cause her to keep developing fractures if she were to increase her activity to idol level again.</blockquote>

She said something along these lines:

"And after,

I thought it was my own fault.

Sorry.

And there are probably some people who think

'it's better to just quit~'

But

I can't give up on the Morning Musume--

That my fans--

The other members--

The staff--

The dance teachers--

The song creators--

I can't give up on those who have come with Morning Musume this far.

I may be a burden

but to give up is....

just, why?

My pride wouldn't allow it.

Everyone,

is it okay if I follow you during this troubling year?

Because I don't know what all will happen throughout the year.

I don't know at all."

^^Please take with a grain of salt Q_Q</blockquote>

Thank you, TicTac. So they were right, she did mention her pride not allowing her to just leave. I can't blame her. Giving up your career because of an acute injury would be senseless. Masaki is my favorite current MM. I hope she heals up well this time and doesn't suffer further pain from this injury. Hopefully they'll be able to teach her in physical therapy how to avoid injuring her back again. 17 year olds shouldn't have chronic back pain.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I'd love it if Masaki used her down time to work on her singing.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="JPope"]
I'd love it if Masaki used her down time to work on her singing.
[/quote]

Honestly, knowing her, she probably has been. She seems the type to not be able to sit still. She's probably been practicing singing and making music more now that she can't spend time on dancing and stage positioning.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Yeah, she said that she still wants to be active doing non-dance stuff, with the doctor's permission of course.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Saya"]
Most girls who I can think who left because of an injury had something chronic, Manaka's athsma, Fuyuka's anemia, Kanna's foot... Didn't Kanon S. do something like injure her leg and have to sit out for a summer?
[/quote]

She had some sort of an eye infection and has to sit out to the side during the time after OMW / Sukatto came out.
Last edited by MejraThea on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="203976" data-time="1483805259"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="203969" data-time="1483764767">
Most girls who I can think who left because of an injury had something chronic, Manaka's athsma, Fuyuka's anemia, Kanna's foot... Didn't Kanon S. do something like injure her leg and have to sit out for a summer?</blockquote>

She had some sort of an eye infection and has to sit out to the side during the time after OMW / Sukatto came out.</blockquote>
I'm thinking of when Karin had to take her place in the Yuugure videos. It was winter! My bad.
rikako♡eripon♡airi