Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

Post by JPope »

Nice catch. Basically, the cross-fade of the two parts of the spliced clip was sloppy, and the Takeuchi vocal overtook Akari's line. So yes, the girls recorded this live, and yes, it was edited for broadcast. Poorly.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Thea"]
No, it was live, but they performed the full song when they recorded it. Then, when they edited it for the broadcast they didn't show the whole thing only the short version, so they cut out the middle and blended the two videos together right before the dance shot. So Maho's line got replaced with Akari's audio because someone made an error when they blended the two parts together, it's pretty easy to do! I've had to make a short MV longer to fit a song, and it's a real pain making all of the parts line up to what you want it.
[/quote]

That makes a lot of sense! I get exactly what you mean... Okay, that makes me feel better about the "live stage" they always brag about XD
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Ayumi's Birthday and our first real look at Mustard and Ketchup-chan. 

Let it be known that on this day. Honey Mustard was born.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Yeah, they just straight up gave her Haruna's color...

Yokoyama Yokoyama
Last edited by Derby on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Didn't you know making it 1/999th less pale is a different color? Shame on you.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I think the irony here is if Reina wasn't there, Harunan would have that color on. So they actually changed Harunan's color instead.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Thea"]
I think the irony here is if Reina wasn't there, Harunan would have that color on. So they actually changed Harunan's color instead.
[/quote]

Jesus Christ....
We're hitting confusing levels of same names now. Tanaka Reina? Yokoyama Reina? Ogata Haruna? Iikubo Haruna?

I know you said Harunan but reading that definitely just hurt my head.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Haruna has always had a light yellow. Reina has clearly been given Takahashi Ai's version of yellow.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="203983" data-time="1483812270">
<div>
[/quote]

Jesus Christ....
We're hitting confusing levels of same names now. Tanaka Reina? Yokoyama Reina? Ogata Haruna? Iikubo Haruna?

</div>
</blockquote>

Well, by process of elimination, Tanaka Reina isn't there (in the photo or the group) so there's only one Reina that I could be talking about. As for Iikubo VS Ogata, that's easy. Iikubo's nickname is Harunan, and Ogata's is Oharu (But I call her Ogata).

So in actuality it isn't at such a confusing level.

<div><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="203986" data-time="1483821535">
<div>Haruna has always had a light yellow. Reina has clearly been given Takahashi Ai's version of yellow.</div>
</blockquote></div>
<div> </div>
<div>Although called honey yellow, her color is indeed light yellow, but she falls victim to "any shade will do" just like the rest of the colors. It's just that now they'll actually have to take care to make her her actual color haha.</div>
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Wait, why did they use yellow again? @_@ How do they come up with these color choices?
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe?
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Thea"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="203985" data-time="1483821311">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="203983" data-time="1483812270">
<div>
[/quote]

Jesus Christ....

</div>
</blockquote>

Well, by process of elimination, Tanaka Reina isn't there (in the photo or the group) so there's only one Reina that I could be talking about. As for Iikubo VS Ogata, that's easy. Iikubo's nickname is Harunan, and Ogata's is Oharu (But I call her Ogata).

So in actuality it isn't at such a confusing level.

</div>
</blockquote>

Sorry, I didn't mean to make you think I was mad at you.

I know if you stop and look at the context, you can figure it out... But the fact you do actually have to stop and think is not the most pleasant thing lolol
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Oh ok! And that is true haha, good point.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="Thea"]
Eeny, meeny, miny, moe?
[/quote]

That reminds me of that one scene in the Margaritaville episode of South Park. Can't convince me that H!P management doesn't do the same.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

They really should've gone for more of a golden shade.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I didn't even know Haruna's yellow was always supposed to be light yellow until they added Yokoyama
Image Hey
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Should've gone with green IYKWIMAITYD.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

When I started this journey, like most, I had one simple goal. But as anyone knows me, I have a tendency to fall off the rails and wander my own path.

It started with THIS image and ended up with me tracing the roots of the Morning Musume member color wheel. Because I knew, once upon a time, Sayumi and Takahashi were in the same boat Iikubo and Yokoyama are in now. And then, I just went with it. It was a hard journey, because Hello!Project's website's gone on a few redesigns since 2005. And the goods have moved around, But I think I pieced it together nicely. Some, sit back and enjoy the color ride.

Before 2005 the girls had colors assigned to them, but they didn't stick till the 2005 Haru ~Dai 6 Kan Hit Mankai!~ tour. I tried to use the Wayback Time Machine to get a good selection to show the evolution of colors but the machine kind of died on me by Sexy* Beat once I found the correct link to search the goods. (If anyone else wants to try and piece together the colors or find old tour goods the link you need is, http://www.helloproject.com/museum/tour/ and http://www.helloproject.com/goods/tour/, after I think, 2010/2011 Elineup took over.) 

The first official Member Color Tour Shirts.
 I wish I could find real shirts to compare because these colors clearly don't match what they eventually got. Takahashi's looks more like orange and Sayumi's looks more like the color Takahashi eventually got.

2006 Colored Tour Shirts
By the second tour, they obviously worked out the color issues. But Koharu, dear sweet child. Instead of Mari or Rika's colors, she got stuck with Grey and so began the myth that no new member shall obtain the color of a graduated member unless they bestow it upon them.  And obviously Dark Green wasn't an option yet. So much for "Rainbow" 7!

But wait!

2006/2007

The great color shuffle! With Konno AND Makoto gone, Pink was open for business. But in some backroom dealing, probably to make her life miserable, Sayumi obtained the color Pink while Koharu continued to wallow in her miserable grayness. No Light Purple or Dark Blue for you, little devil. But then sweet little Aika comes along and snags that purple that once belonged to Mari.

The Platinum Era

With Hitomi's graduation and Miki's untimely departure due to a few Panda's and a boy on the side, Koharu FINALLY found her chance at obtaining a real color! She snagged the Red from Miki's still warm fingers. Since Miki didn't officially graduate, Koharu didn't seem to mind and neither did the company, she's stepped over less to get to her goals anyway. While the panda's came along and dark blue was given to JunJun and in some weird turn of events, a new color was born. Koharu, still relishing in her Red Victory, wondered why no one thought about that for her. Gone were the days of GREY, it had died, along with Koharu's soul. The color that would destroy us all. Teal, appeared And also to note during this time there was a bit of experimenting in shades and Risa and Reina had a bit of color changes along with LinLin.

By the time Koharu graduated, Takahashi's yellow was toned down. Risa got her lime back. And LinLin finally settled on a teal.

End of the Platinum Era.
Instead of settling on one shade they just threw them all together. 

End of the Platinum Era and the Birth of the Colorful Era

With 4 new girls came 4 new color problems. Continuing with the theme of no new girl gets a recent graduates color. Mizuki was given Rika's old color, Erina given Hitomi's, Riho given Koharu's and a new color was established for Kanon, dark green! 

Reina and Zukki got a bit of a shade adjustment during the Ai Believe tour. 

With the graduation of Takahashi, 4 new girls joined and 4 new color problems appeared. Instead of being practical. Only 2 of the 4 girls ended up with previous member colors. Ayumi was given Makoto's dark blue and Haruka was given Eri's orange. Instead of given Masaki, LinLin's teal she was given Emerald Green, which in reality was basically teal. But in true Masaki fashion the color would change, just like her personality. Haruna, instead of getting a normal color or a previously established color, was given brown. But in true Haruna fashion she owned that shit brown and renamed it chocolate. 

With the graduation of Risa, a new era in Morning Musume began, the 15th anniversary called for a bit of shake up. The colorful era began and since shit brown doesn't make for good kingblades, Haruna was given yellow, but a much lighter shade than Takahashi. Erina, being the kiss ass she was, was bestowed upon her, Risa's lime green to appease to the OG wota in a vein attempt to keep them on board the unsinkable ship that is Morning Musume.

It was in this weird Risaless period that Masaki's color started to change. But not in the t-shirt sense. In the bright idea of some lowly Up-Front employee, the idea of the member colors bleeding out onto the members was established. 

Image Masaki's "Emerald Green" was getting dangerously close to Zukki's Dark Green.

They tried to fix it for the continued promotion for the Colorful Musume. But I think they went a little too far.

Because they just couldn't really settle on a suitable shade.

I imagine nights in the Up-Front wardrobe department must have been fun. 

2013 and Beyond. The beginning of Cool Hello and the dialing back of the colors.

Masaki's shade finally seemed to settle down and with the addition of Sakura, the color Lavender came into use. While it appeared to be Aika and Mari's shade, it was established to be a lighter shade. 

With Reina and Sayumi's graduation, 4 new members joined the ranks. And again, 4 new color problems. Ogata was given a shade of Reina's blue, Miki was given the standard Purple that once belonged to Erina, and two new colors were established, a light pink for Sayumi's #1 fan, Maria, and a lighter of  orange for Haruka's #1 fan, Akane. 

This would be the last time we really see full-color shirts as Cool Hello took over and really sort of did away with them. Member colors can still be seen in the Hello!Shop goods, where Akane's color seems to be in flux and Haruna's is basically just Takahashi's old color.

ImageImage

It won't be long before we see where Kaga's Red and Yokoyama's Golden Yellow will fall on the Morning Musume color wheel. But I suspect another color evolution will take into effect. 

In the end, all I can say it. H!P don't have a freakin' clue about colors. They are all just implied. 
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Wow, thanks for that Q! I've been referring to that as your Color Dissertation lol. I think you really cleared up some points, especially showing us Harunan's unstable shade of yellow.

As for Masaki's teal, I have to clear up the confusion. "Emerald Green" is the Japanese name for teal. So that's why Linlin, Masaki, anyone with that color can be/is called emerald green.  :joyful:
Last edited by MejraThea on Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Now I'm curious to see how Haruna's chocolate lightstick looked like lol
Image Hey
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Thank you Q for the great info text! I knew which members had which colours but I never thought that not-giving-away-the-last-graduated-colour was that old an idea.

^Her fans usually tried to wrap brown paper around a white glowstick... but it looked rather orange. For daylight events they waved chocolate bars.
Last edited by DonJuan on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="204017" data-time="1483898983">
^Her fans usually tried to wrap brown paper around a white glowstick... but it looked rather orange. For daylight events they waved chocolate bars.</blockquote>I hope you are joking cause that shit would be funny as hell :lol:

I remember this color thing started with the tape on the microphones way back in the day. That's how people found out who was what color, and also probably why it was often limited in spectrums. I can't remember how many concerts I watched to try to figure out a pattern before Rika graduated only to discover there was no fucking pattern...

Also, didn't Koharu WANT grey? Then around the time of the colorful era, that was when the girls were able to start picking their own colors.
Last edited by Purin-chama on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="Myst"]
Also, didn't Koharu WANT grey? Then around the time of the colorful era, that was when the girls were able to start picking their own colors.

[/quote]

- I've always liked Sayashi-san so I want red.

- Mmm maybe, but we shall give you a different shade of red.

- Why tho? She graduated a while ago... I want red.

- We can give you the exact same color but we're gonna call it italian red so people won't ever find out Sayashi's red is being used already.

- Mine is gonna be yellow, thank you.

- B-but that's Haruna's color.

- But she's gonna announce her graduation during the spring tour as Derby always says anyway...

- Ok we'll give you her yellow but...

- But?

- We'll call it golden yellow so Haruna will never find out you're stealing her color.

- Cool.

- And about my solo lines...

- End of the debate.

Image Hey
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="Myst"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="204017" data-time="1483898983">
^Her fans usually tried to wrap brown paper around a white glowstick... but it looked rather orange. For daylight events they waved chocolate bars.
</blockquote>
I hope you are joking cause that shit would be funny as hell :lol:[/quote]

Well...
Back then at the Hawaii 2012 event Haruna "graduated" from chocolate, and during the Hawaii performance they definitely waved chocolate bars haha. It's very blurry but here's a screenshot during her solo.
Before that performance a fan was actually giving out the bars.
Here's a brown glowstick (next to a honey coloured one).

That Haruna website has some funny stories. Here's an article about finding brown in a glowstick haha.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I think instead of wrapping brown on white, they might have tried brown or black on orange for better effect. o.e
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Wow, this is clearly amazing. We should have this somewhere archived on P!H for future references  :confused:
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Similar to what I did last year, I've looked at the H!P releases for 2016 to see who the top contributors were in this Tsunku-lite era. The short version of what I counted is new non-musical songs. If a song has something like two credited lyricists, I give them each half a point for the song. Fuller results can be seen here, but here are the top few in each major category.

Lyrics
*12: Tsunku
*6: Hoshibe Shou
*4: Kodama Ameko
*4: Miura Yoshiko

Composition
*12: Tsunku
*8.5: Hoshibe Shou
*3: Tsuno Maisa

Arrangement
*10: Hirata Shoichiro
*7: Okubo Kaoru
*4: Suzuki Shunsuke
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Kodama Ameko is amazing... I hope they keep her for years to come. Here's the songs she's written:

-Desugita Kui wa Utarenai
-Tomo yo
-TsugiTsugi
-Ai no Tame Kyou Made

-Itooshikute Gomen ne
-Wakatteiru no ni Gomen ne
-VIVA!! Bara iro Jinsei

-Urayanjau
-Ai wa Maru de Seidenki

-Tick Tock Watashi no Shun

-Imasugu Tobikomu Yuuki

-Uruwashi no Cameliia

Soooo, basically she's a god. At 23 years old. Her pattern of words is very unique to her. The way she makes words fit is just... I can't believe it, honestly. And everything is very... clicky? Idk how to describe it, but it has its own sound.

Mainly she will write long sentences and make them fit into the song. Which is different than most H!P songs, who generally use shorter lines to form a long sentence or a general thought for the stanza.

Compare Tsunku's lyrics to Kodama's

Spoiler: [+]

I tried grabbing two songs from the same group, released at the same time to compare. I know Imasugu is a bit slower than OH MY WISH, but she's written songs faster than this with similar length.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Kodama Ameko is amazing... I hope they keep her for years to come. Here's the songs she's written:

-Desugita Kui wa Utarenai
-Tomo yo
-TsugiTsugi
-Ai no Tame Kyou Made

-Itooshikute Gomen ne
-Wakatteiru no ni Gomen ne
-VIVA!! Bara iro Jinsei

-Urayanjau
-Ai wa Maru de Seidenki

-Tick Tock Watashi no Shun

-Imasugu Tobikomu Yuuki

-Uruwashi no Cameliia

[/quote]

I just want to point out that she also wrote the lyrics for Otome no Gyakushuu and that was the first one she did for H!P.
Formerly Mizura
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Her songs are some of my favorite songs in all of H!P.
rikako♡eripon♡airi