UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Re: UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

Post by yuzuriha »

I am beyond excited about this <3
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Meimi will always look like Meimi haha. She hasn't changed in years.

I'm also very excited about her new role. Just read about Honda Minako a few days ago.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Nakajima Takui (the person who's written some recent H!P songs) has releasedan MV for his new single. This is the first one since either 2014 or 2015.
Formerly Mizura
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Sayu is back on March 19th for a 17 performance event called Sayuminlandoll- Rebirth. It's not supposed to be a dinner show, concert, musical, etc, but something completely new.

http://www.up-fc.jp/m-line/news_Info.php?id=9904
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Dammit I missed the train wreck shabondama before it got taken down.

Dammit, this is not enough notice for me to get to Japan for that show.

I mean in theory I did get a sweet bonus today but I have to be reasonable with the money...
Kaori • Risako 

Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Wow, they must be really confident to have planned 17 performances and made it almost as expensive as a concert, while being significantly shorther.
Campy <3 !
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

<div style="color:rgb(29,33,41);font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">
<div>Konno Asami has announced that she'll be leaving her job. (And becoming a housewife.)</div>
</div>
<div> </div>
</div>
<div>No, she didn't actually say that, but if you read between the lines. That's what it means.</div>
</div>
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

Please can someone translate or summarize the article about Konno? Cannot read between the lines when I can't even read the lines themselves :D thankssss
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Jeesh, she looks so thin in that picture... Hopefully, that's not the guy she was dating when she was anorexic before.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

Stilted translation:

<div>Konno Asami, announcer for TV Tokyo, updated her official blog and provided announcement to our newspaper that she would be resigning from her post on the 28th.  Ms. Konno has just been recently married to Sugiura Toshihiro, pitcher for the Yakult Swallows.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Titling her blog post "Concerning my future career", she explained details regarding her retirement.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>"Last year, as I decided on my marriage, I also discussed my future work with my family.  While this was a very difficult discussion, in the end, I have decided to leave TV Tokyo to place my priorities on my family."</div>
<div> </div>
<div>"I have had a very fulfilling and enjoyable six years at my time with the company."</div>
<div> </div>
<div>She also thanked her co-workers, seniors and juniors: "I have been personally enriched by the time spent with my co-workers. When I first started, they would listen to my fears but also good news.  They have taught me a lot even as I was a very fresh new hire."</div>
<div> </div>
<div>"In addition, my family has also supported me, "as you have been working since the young age of 14, you can and should consider how you want to proceed."  At present, I would like to devote myself to my family, and hence came to the decision to resign my from position."</div>
<div> </div>
<div>"Please continue to support me through the end of March! [typically employment and fiscal year ends on 3/31]".</div>
<div> </div>
<div>According to additional sources, her final day with TV Tokyo may be adjusted to April, based on accumulated paid time off, but her final appearance as an announcer will cease at the end of March.</div>
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]
A bunch of poorly dressed former H!P members went to a fashion event. 
[/quote]
First person I thought of before clicking the link was Takahashi. Second was Miyabi. Both were there, lol.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Why does Takahashi always have to wear a jean jacket?

And fashion rant:

Look, I get that casual fashion is kind of an "exclusive" thing in Japan from what I can tell, because people seem to dress up rather than dress down. But come on... Enough with the overly casual fashion already, Ai. There's simple, clean fashion, then there's casual... you've overrun your jean jackets after 3 years now. Fashion is about keeping up with trends, creating new ones, and generally just following whatever sparks your interest at the time. Not having a wardrobe full of demin tops and bottoms, oversized sneakers and baseball hats for half a decade. Get with the times. Do something new, then call it fashion.

/end rant.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Denim and oversized sneakers are actually very much on trend. She's just also really into the oversized stuff trend which is why she always looks crazy casual. If anything, I'd say she's overly trendy. The word I wouldn't use to describe her is stylish, which transcends trends.

I'm actually of the opinion that most idols dress like shit though.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
Denim and oversized sneakers are actually very much on trend. She's just also really into the oversized stuff trend which is why she always looks crazy casual. If anything, I'd say she's overly trendy. The word I wouldn't use to describe her is stylish, which transcends trends.

I'm actually of the opinion that most idols dress like shit though.
[/quote]

90s style with a slight hint of 80s has been on the rise lately in America... Seems to be a similar pattern in Japan at the moment. So yes, demin jackets are technically in style, but Ai has been wearing the same things essentially since her graduation, now. Like I said, casual wear is in right now... but to a degree. Floral patterns, embroidery and plaid has really been in style in winter, which floral is more of a spring thing so it's definitely a change... But Ai continues to wear the same sweater, denim jacket, oversize sneaker and baseball cap look every time I see her.

Trends are expecting stripes and ruffles to hit it big this year, but I guarantee we'll see her in the same stuff again all of 2017.

She should be mixing and matching statement and "in" pieces, not layering them on top of each other every day and calling it "fashion."

imo, hahaha
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I have an appreciation for a consistent style, even if it's not my aesthetic. There's nothing impressive about just wearing what the magazines say is popular. I certainly don't plan on wearing ruffles this year.

Also, the reason she always dresses the same makes sense if you think about her favorite stores. They all have a very cohesive style that doesn't really change year after year. She's not buying fast fashion.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Wait, 90ies fashion is getting popular again? And I thought 2017 would be better than 2016.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I went to Forever 21 awhile back to get something for my niece, some of the things that are "trendy" now were downright ugly. It's like we're stuck in this never ending cycle of 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s and sometime in the 2000s they are started to merge together until we have the mess we see today.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Wait, 90ies fashion is getting popular again? And I thought 2017 would be better than 2016.
[/quote]

This is really the first time it's been this strong since its actual debut in the 90s... 2016 was full of 90s patterns--small floral patterns, chockers, plaid, layers, etc etc. Really the early 2000s had a style all their own (that I hope never returns, it was very simple and bland.) I expect 2017 to still carry on the 90s trend with a heavier shift away from it closer to autumn. Stripes are the big pattern to watch in 2017, apparently.

And, well, fashion definitely goes in a circle throughout the decades (60s, 70s etc)... But the past 5 or so years, there hasn't been much innovation within those circles. Some of the best innovation I've seen is cut-out shoulders, cut out/lace up necklines and cropping tops you usually don't expect to see cropped. But other than those cut changes, most clothes have been a simple refresh on old styles. We could use some new pants and such, imo. 
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
I went to Forever 21 awhile back to get something for my niece, some of the things that are "trendy" now were downright ugly. It's like we're stuck in this never ending cycle of 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s and sometime in the 2000s they are started to merge together until we have the mess we see today.
[/quote]

Maybe that's why they're struggling to pay their bills. That and all the money they spend on fighting copyright lawsuits. They're very well known to steal stuff all the time.

I prefer to do most of my shopping online. Forever 21 actually carries non-F21 brands online in an attempt to gain more business from people who want a bit more quality. Plus, buying online means you can return stuff. No doubt that their return policy has hurt them.

Fun fact to keep this H!P related: Takahashi's favorite clothing store is going out of business. They've also closed nearly all of their UK stores, so no doubt the ones in Japan will follow eventually. A lot of other brick and mortar stores are closing down like Wet Seal and The Limited. Can't keep up with the business model of places like Zara, Boohoo, ect.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

This is why I always just wear what I like and don't follow trends.  Always hated denim to be honest.
Kaori • Risako 

Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

http://natalie.mu/music/news/219067

Up Up Girls will be announcing their new members tomorrow
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Is it a 2nd gen or a new group? The article says that they're going to be a sister/rival group to UUG or new members. That's confusing. Maybe this is where Ruru went...
rikako♡eripon♡airi
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

They haven't made the final cut. The candidates for the "second gen" are making their spiel in this second cut.

So this is where the tradition of audition videos went to, from H!P to UUG.  The article only says that "they have announced a call for participants, where they are selecting people for as a second generation, sister unit, or rival unit".  Actual # of candidates have not been announced, although whoever shows up will have made the second cut out of 750(ish) applicants.  
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Sayumi's return is cemented with her SAYUMINGLANDOLL tour, running March 19th-April 2nd. As of now it seems no one knows what the shows will consist of, but that there will be shows.

Rejoice

Source.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

One of the finalists in the UUG auditions is Momoka Aoyagi, who also tried out for 2nd ANGERME (it's also said that she was going to join the KSS after the auditions, but an exam got in the way).
Last edited by Solarblade on Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

https://youtu.be/BV7afPAnqKw

PINK CRES. performed a new song called "Tell me why" on Upcoming.

Geez. I really enjoy most of their tracks so far, but now they already have at LEAST 5 songs and no sign at all of a CD release any time soon.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Just for you to know, it has already been posted in their own thread, Miyabi's New Group.
Last edited by Meikochi on Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Meikochi"]
Just for you to know, it has already been posted in their own thread, Miyabi's New Group.
[/quote]

Might be a good idea to update that thread title.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Can anyone recommend an Up Up Girls concert?

I looked on CDJapan and I find five concert DVDs available: one from 2015, 2 from 2013 and 2 from 2012.

The one from 2015, held on March 26, 2015 at Shinjuku ReNY, is the cheapest ($31.06) but also has only 14 tracks).

The other four are $50.70 each and come with 2 discs each. Most lack descriptions, but the second disc appears to be a Making-of.

The 3rd Live Yokohama Blitz, recorded on April 12, 2013, lists 23 songs, and seems the most promising.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Also, they're billed as "Up Up Girls (Kari)" 
What does "Kari" mean?
Last edited by Madara on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.