Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

Post by TicTacAnyone »

It was funny that when Sakura asked Kiki about the performance, the first and really only thing Kiki could say was how cute they looked  :rofl:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Kiki isn't one to talk so that was probs my the most important thing to her.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Even if it was Airi or someone that is one to talk they would still say how cute they were, rather than how bad they sounded.
Last edited by MejraThea on Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I just wanted to randomly start a convo by asking....

Since when did H!P want to go towards the K-Pop route? Does it feel like we've heard more backtracks/backing vocals than usual lately? I feel since the start of this concert tour, we've heard it numerous times. And then again in PINK CRES's "live" performance of Tell Me Why.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="204863" data-time="1486177279">I just wanted to randomly start a convo by asking....

Since when did H!P want to go towards the K-Pop route? Does it feel like we've heard more backtracks/backing vocals than usual lately? I feel since the start of this concert tour, we've heard it numerous times. And then again in PINK CRES's "live" performance of Tell Me Why.</blockquote>

The countdown clips are awfull, so much backtracking.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

While browsing around Youtube I stumbled upon the OG Ai no Tane again. As well as a stand-alone Ai no Tane from MM'17. I listened to them again and for the life of me, I can't hear what you guys hear. Like, at all.  

Perhaps I'm just too far deep into my fandom to notice? But I don't think that's true because there's plenty of girls I think that suck at singing. But I'm aware that they are idols and not artists. I know there's a fine line in Japan when it comes to singing. Just like there's this fine line in America when it comes to acting and a person that probably shouldn't be doing it. I'm not sure about other countries, but as Americans, I think we expect so much of our singers. Japan, I think, never grew out of that phase where everyone can be a singer, regardless of their talents. 

Also, I guess we just have different standards. I've just got accustomed to H!P groups singing covers of old H!P songs and taking their abilities and apply them to the song they are singing at the time. The songs have a sort of nostalgia for me and I enjoy hearing new girls singing the classics. I don't really expect a new girl to sound like an old girl when delivering a line. She does it in her own way under her own power. It's all hit or miss. I don't expect greatness, just overall growth. But I also think I look at music differently than a lot of people. Especially Japanese music. I could probably write an essay explaining it all, but I won't. It's silly. At least I think it's silly. So it probably just all comes down to personal preference. 

Anyway, the point is, I like the new version of Ai no Tane, regardless of everyone's opinion. I think they did a great job tackling a song that's older than half of the group. I hope in the 20th anniversary they tackle some other older songs. Just, please don't remix them to hell UF. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I enjoy watching the new girls sing older songs, even if their vocals pale next to the originals. E.g. I loved it when Maimi and Ayaka Wada did a GAM song at one of last year's H!P concerts. They're no Aya or Miki, but it was a thrill to watch them have fun out of their comfort zones. On the other hand, I sometimes find the new versions even better. I watched the Country Girls 2016 concert last night and when three of them--Risa, Mai and Nanami--did a Viyuden song, I jumped for joy and yelled at the screen that they were BETTER than Viyuden. (It's a great concert, btw.)
Last edited by Madara on Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Honestly, when it comes down to it -- I don't really care, either. I'm entertained, that's why I watch. I definitely wouldn't put this on my iTunes, but honestly as long as the studio songs they put out are pleasant and catchy to listen to, for live performances I'm just looking to be entertained to see new takes on songs I already know and enjoy.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I personally just can't enjoy listening to off-pitch or unhealthy vocals LOL it literally almost like a stabbing pain in my ears.  It sounds dramatic but I guess that's what happens when a musical background converges with obsessive compulsive disorder.  The girls are cute but any performance where the vocals are that off-pitch and strained actually causes me some anxiety to get through.  I don't expect them to be great or even good singers but I'd love for them to be even mediocre or consistent haha.
Last edited by Farrah on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I still want Oharu to perform Daite yo! PLEASE GO ON.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

The MM17 Ai no Tane reveals a huge downside of using canned backing vocals/harmonies in a live performance: every note the girls sing out of tune sounds even more out of tune because they are sung against pre-recorded vocals that are in tune. The OG's, singing their own backing/harmonies, don't have this problem, and can actually adjust to each other in real time.

I get that decent vocals are not important to a lot of fans -- I'm just not one of those fans, lol. The difference between MM17 and the OGs is stark, in terms of being in tune and being able to hold longer notes with stability. It's probably not be as noticeable to those who don't have a deep musical background, though, and for those of us who do, we're sort of a self-selecting sub-set of fans who have a natural bias towards high musical talent/ability. Speaking for myself, my expectations for idols is lower than for other singers, and much lower for Japanese idols in particular.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

For me, it's simple. I can tell you if Angerme, Kobushi or Ju=Ju had performed Ai no Tane and not MM'17, I would have liked the performance. Again, not because I dislike the song, I dislike the performance.... If one of those other 3 groups--with more acceptable vocals than unacceptable vocals--had gotten the opportunity to sing, it probably would've been a golden performance in my book. But not based on bias but on skill.

I'm no music/singing expert, and I will never claim to be one or try and say I know more than others. But I can tell MM 17's delivery was lackluster and shaky. Like Jpope said, especially with that loud backtrack. I still don't understand why in a group of 13 girls they had to play that thing so loud. We've known the current/recent lineup cannot handle older, vocal-heavy H!P songs. Even back when they did Morning Coffee live (like in '15) most of us were looking around like... What did we watch? Literally only 5 people in a group of 12 sang... And it was still a bit iffy (And no, I don't just mean Riho's ill-timed cold she had lol)
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

[quote="Madara"]
Why has there been no H!P Sports Festival in ten years? Surely the current membership of H!P is awash in young athletes. Just look at Erina and her acrobatics. What's stopping them from reviving this tradition?
[/quote]

So, sports festival, anybody?  Here's what 2017 (Makoto and Nakajima Saki hosting) brought us.

Momochi Taisou 2017.
Heat races for the 50m dash.
Knowledge quiz!
Shotput with a basketball.
Obstacle race.
Butt shoving tournament.
RUN KASSA RUN
Tug of war.
50m dash finals
And of course, the relay finale.

Not as intense as the sports festivals of yesteryore, but much fun nonetheless.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Ogawa is about x3 faster than I ever expected, both in the relay and dash. But honestly all of it was super fun to watch and see everyone interact together! The relay was a brilliant wrap up to the whole event.... Truthfully I watched the relay by itself first a week or so ago, and rewatched then about 4 times since!
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

In case you somehow missed the vid--Maa-chan arranged Renai Revolution 21 on the piano and put her "member color" song along with it (though it's changed from colors to descriptions.)

Here's her original song as well.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I'm writing up the Country Girls  Live Tour 2016 Haru Natsu concert and I notice they do "Guruguru Jump" in it. That song began as just one song on MM's Platinum 9 album (2009) and then it became the go-to ensemble song at H!P concerts in 2009--performed in four concerts that year. And then one in 2010 (Mano-S/mileage), one in 2011 and one in 2013. H!P Generasia stops there, but it's surely been performed at other concerts since then, including this CG concert, the tracklist of which is not on Generasia.

Is there any story behind this song? How did it suddenly leap into that prime spot in 2009? I remember even noting in one of my reviews that it kept popping up in H!P concerts that year.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Hello Project wikia is often a good source for this kind of stuff : it mentions that it was also performed during EriJunLin, Ai and GakiAika's graduation tours (in addition to what you said).
Campy <3 !
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I finally watched a Juice=Juice concert DVD (First Live Tour 2015 ~Special Juice~) and wrote it up on my blog.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Madara"]
I finally watched a Juice=Juice concert DVD (First Live Tour 2015 ~Special Juice~) and wrote it up on my blog.
[/quote]

Loved your write-up (as I always do!)

I think you'll be really pleasantly surprised with Uemura Akar's performance/vocal jump in 2016. Yuuka's, too, but in particular Akari's. Their 2016 Budokan will be a real treat for you to watch and I think it'll be a big hit on your list :)
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="205063" data-time="1486864745">
I finally watched a Juice=Juice concert DVD (First Live Tour 2015 ~Special Juice~) and wrote it up on my blog.</blockquote>

An answer to your missing KSS, not sure why they didnt mention it, but it was all of Kobushi Factory there for those performances (Country Girls also did a couple in place of them a couple times as well)
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Thanks for the recommendation, TicTacAnyone. I'm planning to order that concert when it's released.

As for the two other KF members, I still think there's one missing from that show. The unidentified Egg would have to be either Ayaka Hirose or Sakurako Wada since I only counted 13 Eggs on stage and the other 12 are already accounted for. However, it's quite possible that, camera angles being what they are in these concerts, a 14th Egg (the 8th KF member) was on stage during those numbers and never got photographed! Thanks.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Nomura Minami 17th Birthday Event at Mt. Rainier Hall

Event 1
Ama no jaku (S/mileage)
Moshimo... (Mobekimasu)
SHINES (C-ute)
Tasogare Kousaten (Mano Erina)

Event 2
SHINES is changed to Banzai! ~Jinsei wa Meccha Wonderful!~

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Well she looks simply adorable gorgeous! That's a great hair style on her.
Last edited by MejraThea on Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Minamina Moshimoooooooooo!!!
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I count six H!P acts doing concerts of their own now: Morning Musume, C-ute, Angerme, Juice=Juice, Country Girls, and Kobushi Factory.

I believe this is the biggest number of H!P concert acts since 2007 when MM, Berryz, C-ute, Melon Kinenbi, Viyuden, plus solo artists Maki Goto and Aya Matsuura were doing concerts. Is this correct?

I'm not counting Fan Club events or Egg/KSS concerts that never get released to the public (i.e. me).

Thanks.
Last edited by Madara on Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I believe so. It seems generally manageable since Kobushi, CG and Ju=Ju (to a degree) are still mainly performing at live houses and not larger venues... So you don't have to worry about continuously renting large venues and if you'll get enough tickets sold to warrant it. Though I see Kobushi moving away from that in a year or so. I think they'll keep J=J in those types of stages more because A) They are a lower # group (like CG) and B) They have a dedicated fanbase they feel the need to oblige to.

KSS concerts are much shorter in comparison so I wouldn't count them anyway--only about 3 locations per "tour." 

Tsubaki will probably start touring around fall of this year, imo. So C-ute will be out and the number will be the same, just with Tsubaki added.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Ozeki Mai 15th Birthday Event at TFM Hall 2/13/17

1. Hitorijime Shitakatta Dake Nano ni (C-ute)
2. Motto Zutto Issho ni Itakatta (Berryz Kobo)
3. LOVE Namida Iro (Matsuura)
4. Suki yo, Junjou Hankouki (Angerme)
5. Rival (Berryz Kobo)

Event 2
2 changes to Happiness ~Koufuku Kangei!~ (Berryz Kobo)

moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="204535" data-time="1485477414">
Also, someone made a really really good compilation of all of MM's singles for their 20th anniversary.
</blockquote>

I'm late to the party as usual, but this was a good video. It was nice to be able to catch up on everything since I stopped paying attention to Morning Musume around the time of Resonant Blue or so, although I have to confess that all the new stuff and 9th+ gen members kind of blurred together for me.

It also reminded me that I still miss Sayu. :puppyeyes:
Last edited by moralar on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="moralar" data-cid="205123" data-time="1487040896"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="204535" data-time="1485477414">
Also, someone made a <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVO8D_XLHeQ' class="bbc_url" title="External link">really really good compilation</a> of all of MM's singles for their 20th anniversary.</blockquote>
I'm late to the party as usual, but this was a good video. It was nice to be able to catch up on everything since I stopped paying attention to Morning Musume around the time of Resonant Blue or so, although I have to confess that all the new stuff and 9th+ gen members kind of blurred together for me.

It also reminded me that I still miss Sayu. :puppyeyes:</blockquote>I didn't see it until you quoted it :lol: It's crazy to think I joined the fandom somewhere between Renai Revolution 21 and THE☆Peace, singles 11 and 12. I started following their releases and videos and such with the release of Mr. Moonlight. What are we on now? 60-something?

Also, anyone notice that their costumes after Miki and Yossi left became more shiney, sparkley, and overall more girly?

I'm only halfway through the video but I'm anxiously waiting for Koharu to leave :lol:

EDIT: An hour later and it's crazy how I still gravitate to certain people in the videos more than others. Towards 9th gen joining, you can see the shift of members visually growing video to video. Most noticeables for me were 4th and 6th gen. Mari and Risa stick out as well.
Last edited by Purin-chama on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

[quote="Farrah"]
I personally just can't enjoy listening to off-pitch or unhealthy vocals LOL it literally almost like a stabbing pain in my ears.  It sounds dramatic but I guess that's what happens when a musical background converges with obsessive compulsive disorder.  The girls are cute but any performance where the vocals are that off-pitch and strained actually causes me some anxiety to get through.  I don't expect them to be great or even good singers but I'd love for them to be even mediocre or consistent haha.
[/quote]

I'd agree with you, I clicked on that MM'17 Ai no Tane performance and couldn't get more than halfway through it. The choruses didn't bother me that much but the solo lines... ugh. Even MM OG wasn't all that great in my opinion, but they could hold a tune and sing their own harmonies without having to be autotuned to death.