UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Meikochi
ANGERME

Re: UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

Post by Meikochi »

Their Budoukan concert will be released next month, 7th March. For now only Blu-ray version is listed on CD Japan and Amazon JP but it says 3 hours of concert and 1 hours of documentary, for 57.57$ (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/TPRB-5' class="bbc_url" title="External link">http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/TPRB-5</a>). If you can watch Blu-Ray I'd say go for this one.

And Kari (仮, same kanji for ga / (second) ka in Hiragana / Katakana) means temporary haha.
Last edited by Meikochi on Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

That sounds like a good lead. Thanks, Meikochi!
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Because Meimi is playing Minako Honda (see post #1679) and Shoujo recommended I listen to Minako Honda, I picked up a CD by Honda today at Book Off. It's "Amazing Grace" and has six tracks, which I just listened to--twice! Great stuff. I can see why Meimi wants to play her. What is this kind of singing called?  And what are the equivalents in the west?

Thanks.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="204977" data-time="1486599030">Because Meimi is playing Minako Honda (see post #1679) and Shoujo recommended I listen to Minako Honda, I picked up a CD by Honda today at Book Off. It's "Amazing Grace" and has six tracks, which I just listened to--twice! Great stuff. I can see why Meimi wants to play her. What is this kind of singing called?  And what are the equivalents in the west?

Thanks.</blockquote>

Classical opera, theater music? I'd put her in the same category as Celtic Women and Sarah Brightman. You should see if you can find her 80s stuff which much more idol pop. That's who Meimi will be emulating.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

So what I picked up isn't typical. I'm intrigued. I went on CDJapan to see what albums of hers were available and a lot are out of print. But there's enough there to at least get a sample. Any recommendations from her idol days?

Thanks.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I'll send you a PM Madara. Don't want to spam this thread with my Minako love. xD
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="204686" data-time="1485803999">
This is why I always just wear what I like and don't follow trends. Always hated denim to be honest.</blockquote>
Exactly! Hence why I will be wearing a bright blue ball gown with fake rainbow flowers all over it to prom.

I really don't know how I feel about adding girls to UUG, but a rival group would be cool.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'm assuming most of you've probably seen this, but if you haven't, H!P did a cover of YMCA in 2007. It's bad, but not that bad. A good chunk of the members look kind of pissed though. 
Formerly Mizura
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I loved it, to be honest. It was the cringy funny H!P that was still funny at least.
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
The ONLY thing that could save this godforsaken year is Sayu's return, and it's official: She will be returning to showbiz in the Spring!!!
[/quote]

I am so happy to learn of this! Please feel free to snicker at my three-months-delayed spazzing.
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

Some footage of Meimi at the press conference for Minako

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu3TSoWmhSo
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

That's a very different Meimi!
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

She sounds amazing I'm actually so glad she left H!P if she had this much potential.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I got goosebumps.... What the...

Meimei killin it. She has so much talent. I would have never thought she could do all this when I saw her audition footage. Not that she wasn't good then, but it was S/mileage "good."

Here's her interview part.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mukuro" data-cid="205210" data-time="1487262348">
She sounds amazing I'm actually so glad she left H!P if she had this much potential.</blockquote>

No kidding! I agree with this wholeheartedly, and she sounds fantastic.

It's really an utter shame the H!P girls don't get better training, just because we'll probably never hear anything that good out of an H!P girl.
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

Apparently fans just can't get enough of Sayumi, so they've had to add shows to her comeback event for the second time. With the addition of seven late-night slots, the total number of performances now stands at 32.

I'm still not sure what she will actually be doing at these shows.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

It seems like every time someone thinks of a new theory, info comes out that practically shoots it down. :lol: People thought a Vocaloid-esque thing, nope. If not a dinner show or concert... what is it? A visual tour of Japan's railways as detailed in a peppy musical number?
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Maybe she's going to come and school all of H!P on how to be an amazing idol? And the fans are there to watch the show.

:whistling:
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Maybe she's going to come and school all of H!P on how to be an amazing idol? And the fans are there to watch the show.

[/quote]

Heh heh...

In all seriousness, she would make a great mentor for all of the girls, if she was so inclined. Sort of a Tim Gunn for young H!P idols. If the senpai system is really as broken as some here suggest, an official mentor might be the next best thing for the girls, and someone as experienced, dedicated and hard-working as Sayu would be perfect for the job.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="205279" data-time="1487536440">
<div>

[/quote]

Heh heh...

In all seriousness, she would make a great mentor for all of the girls, if she was so inclined. Sort of a Tim Gunn for young H!P idols. If the senpai system is really as broken as some here suggest, an official mentor might be the next best thing for the girls, and someone as experienced, dedicated and hard-working as Sayu would be perfect for the job.
</div>
</blockquote>

I'd really love to see something like this. Sayu's a great mentor! However I think she should also bring back Yuuko or Mikitty for when there's tough love needed to be dished out. ;)

Or bring them back in general...

...... :cryalot:
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

But isn't that what Captain is supposed to be doing? At least for the trainees.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="arcobaleno"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="205282" data-time="1487543808">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="205279" data-time="1487536440">
<div>

[/quote]

Heh heh...

</div>
</blockquote>

I'd really love to see something like this. Sayu's a great mentor! However I think she should also bring back Yuuko or Mikitty for when there's tough love needed to be dished out. ;)

Or bring them back in general...

...... :cryalot:

</div>
</blockquote>

I think Sayu has proven herself capable of dishing out the tough love. I also can't see Yuko or Mikitty wanting to fill such a role.

[quote="WonderBuono"]
But isn't that what Captain is supposed to be doing? At least for the trainees.
[/quote]

Could be, but I'm speaking specifically of non-trainees. I think trainees ought to be focusing more on improving individual performance level. Sure, they can touch on teamwork, personality and media presentation, but that stuff can mostly wait until they debut, IMO. And that's where I think Sayu could make an appreciable difference.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Bitter&Sweet, who have been around for three years and have had a whopping three singles to their name (the last of which was in February 2015) are finally having their major debut. Title is "Shiawase ni Naritai. / Shashin ni wa Nokoranai Shoot" and will be released May 17th.

I'm amazed neither of these girls have left. They literally just shoot for Upcoming on Youtube and perform the same six songs over and over again.

Lovendor have also not released anything since early 2016. Up Up Girls are the only UFP group releasing stuff regularly but they're still a low budget indie group after nearly six years. We might talk shit about the H!P groups, but remember it could always be worse.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Ah... I already forget about Bitter&Sweet. Which is said, because I really loved Asahi's solo stuff.
Last edited by DonJuan on Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<p class="bbc_center">Image
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

They can stop making fun of her now!
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Who's the guy and what does he do?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Nogami Ryoma, They've been together since 2014. He's a pitcher for the Saitama Seibu Lions.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

So tonight, Up Up Girls announced their winners of the audition and performed a new song, "Flash"

- Takahagi Chinatsu (Chiichan) (高萩千夏)

- Hashimura Riko (Riko) (橋村理子)

- Kajishima Aya (Kajii) (鍛冶島彩)

- Yoshikawa Mayu (Maachan) (吉川茉優)

Personally, I don't think UUG should've added new girls more or less 4 to the line-up (unless they were going to start graduating), but it'll be interesting to see this group with like 10 years of working together already (sans Satou who wasn't an original Egg member) dealing with new girls.
Last edited by Solarblade on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Solarblade, a couple of romanization errors in your post:

Kajishima Aja is Kajishima Aya,
Yashikawa Mahiro is Yoshikawa Mayu.