The Official Unofficial Kenshuusei Guide + News Source

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: The Official Unofficial Kenshuusei Guide + News Source

Post by momoirosaya »

I could see them going to Angerme, Country Girls, or MM. Although maybe not Ruru for CG, her voice wouldn't be utilized as much. If Maho doesn't come back, they would definitely want to fill that spot :/

I think having a 3 unit group again would be nice, but it's too risky, that's why it works better as shuffles. Plus they just had Tsubaki debut, they are probably going to wait before putting a new group together.

Buono! was awesome, but they were so different for so many reasons, they were members of established groups with a fan base, it was a very popular anime tie in, they were under ponycanyon and they weren't singing H!P songs, etc.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

Listened through the test, and wow, I'm surprised. It was altogether much more pleasant to the ear than I expected. My thoughts on some of the worst/best:

The Good:

Spoiler: [+]
Yuhane Yamazaki- Magic of Love | That was actually kind of amazing. Like Sayubee but without all that extra-ness. Definitely going to keep an eye on her from now on.
Kurumi Takase- BABY! Koi ni KNOCK OUT! | That was SO pro! Not only did she sing well, she emoted the song amazingly. So happy for her talent to be recognized.
Ruru Danbara- Give me Love | I'm a total Ruru hater to this day, but it'd be wrong to deny the quality of her performance here. A little shouty, but that's easily overshadowed by her vocal prowess.
Minami Okamura- Tropica~l Koishite~ru | Her voice was nice and strong. But more impressive is her tone of voice, it's got a lot of character, like Maachan or ANGERME's Takeuchi.
Kizuki Horie- Wasurete Ageru | I didn't know much of her prior to this, so perhaps this is her usual standard of performance. But I was taken by surprise because I wasn't expecting it at all. She's talented! But she's turning 19 soon (and isn't particularly pretty) so I don't expect to see her for much longer.
Rika Shimakura- Be Alive | She has such a pleasant tone for ballads, more so than a lot of idols. She starts to get weaker by the end, but the first half was so nice.
Ayano Kawamura- Mugen Climax | She certainly doesn't have the vocal tones and power of C-ute girls, but there was consistency through the whole thing that felt very professional.

The Bad:

Spoiler: [+]
Haruka Ota- Chokotto LOVE | After spending the first few lines COMPLETELY off pitch, the rest of her performance was better, but still entirely all over the map.. by far the worst.
Marina Hibi- Glass no Pumps | She seemed scared to hear her own voice and wasn't very good at all.. but she is from the most recent batch of KSS so I guess it's wrong to expect much. But she's definitely the worst of her generation.
Kotomi Ono- Akai Nikkichou | It was kind of passable for a while until that terrible high note. She has a weaky raspy voice that isn't pleasant to me.

Thinking of Momohime and Kurumi in an acting troupe, I kind of imagine a group with them and whatever Engeki Joshibu girls may be left. And then they could be an acting team while also working as an idol group, in a Gatas Brilhantes = Ongaku Gatas kind of way.

I doubt it will happen like that, but hey.
Last edited by TheParuProject on Fri May 05, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="TheParuProject"]
Thinking of Momohime and Kurumi in an acting troupe, I kind of imagine a group with them and whatever Engeki Joshibu girls may be left. And then they could be an acting team while also working as an idol group, in a Gatas Brilhantes = Ongaku Gatas kind of way.

I doubt it will happen like that, but hey.
[/quote]

That would be really interesting!!

Y'all... You don't think.... They're going to make Michishige's shtick a regular thing and make Takase and Kiyono the back-ups of it, like Horie was? Omfg that would be too funny.

Not to be rude but I would seriously be pissed if I was in KSS and that's what they offered me as my "debut"  :lol:
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri May 05, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Considering you have girls like Meimi and Haruka leaving to persue acting and theater and UpFront does so many theater productions now with H!P and the m-line it was only natural that they find a way to keep the girls. They are bulking up there acting division and that's not a bad thing. It's a good fall back for the idol boom. At least I hope that's how it plays out. They'd be stupid not to see the potential they have.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

UF expanding into an acting agency makes too much sense, and I can't believe they're just now pursuing it. It has the potential to increase their high-earning membership, and actors have the potential to keep earning for a lot longer than idols.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

If I recall, they actually have an entire section of their agency devoted to acting. This Engeki thing isn't that noteable because they're not a major theater company. That's why they do so many plays with H!P groups.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Hm. I mean... I would've wished for Takase to debut in H!P with the trio they've chosen, but if she prefers acting and since it's true that an acting career usually lasts longer than your average idol career I guess that's cool too.

I just think it's sad since we usually see even less of their plays. They might do one or two plays a year, while as an H!P idol you have the two big H!P tours, single releases, tours and the countdown event. 
But hey, maybe it's going to be different.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Hm. I mean... I would've wished for Takase to debut in H!P with the trio they've chosen, but if she prefers acting and since it's true that an acting career usually lasts longer than your average idol career I guess that's cool too.

I just think it's sad since we usually see even less of their plays. They might do one or two plays a year, while as an H!P idol you have the two big H!P tours, single releases, tours and the countdown event. 
But hey, maybe it's going to be different.
[/quote]

Maybe they'd have them be part of the acting agency and then participate in the Summer/Winter/Countdown concerts? That could work. =o
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I'm ecstatic for you, TicTac!

Although, I'm kind of disappointed about Momohime. I wish she was doing something fore full-fledged.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Kenshuusei Teston Upcoming this week. They moved it from Hello!Station.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Kenshuusei Teston Upcoming this week. They moved it from Hello!Station.
[/quote]

Here's that segment on its own video.... This was really interesting to watch, I really do wish they would release it in full =/

PS-- Kawamura deserves her debut. Did you see how she used every inch of her body? Whatta pro. Also of course I loved Danbara. I still don't necessarily think Yuhane is as amazing as every keeps saying =/

Hashisako Rin's first impression this time around was so strong, she deserved her character award :) 
And I still like Kirara even though it feels like almost no one else here does lolol
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri May 12, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

No. 12 was really good! 26 is an absolute cutie. 
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Molly"]
No. 12 was really good! 26 is an absolute cutie. 
[/quote]

12 is Inoue Hikaru (the new "leader" of KSS.) She's now the eldest generation (13th) that joined in 2013.

26 is Okamura Minami from the newest gen. This was her first happyokai. She did awesome!
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

Pretty sure about half of these girls are better than at least one third of Morning Musume. How sad :lol:

Ichioka got really, really pretty over the years. I hope they utilize her well. It'd be nice to have another mature group, even as a sub-group with a MM member or two thrown in. 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I think last year sounded better. Maybe it's just the parts they chose, though. I haven't listened to the full rip.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I really loved Yuhane's performance, so I looked on Hello!Online to see if any wota had recorded it at all, and sure enough...

Magic of Love (2015 J=J Ver.) by Yamazaki Yuhane

I love her voice.

On another note, I really liked Rin's spunk in her performance, that subtle kinda smug smile when she put on the sunglasses was great, I love that confidence.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]
I think last year sounded better. Maybe it's just the parts they chose, though. I haven't listened to the full rip.
[/quote]

I listened to the full line-up, and I was less impressed than most here. The two who were chosen as best singers were pretty good, as was Danbara. The little girl who sang Tropical Koishiteru was impressive for how young she seems to be. Other than that, though, I was disappointed.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="207599" data-time="1494643482"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Molly" data-cid="207598" data-time="1494642030">
No. 12 was really good! 26 is an absolute cutie.</blockquote>

12 is Inoue Hikaru (the new "leader" of KSS.) She's now the eldest generation (13th) that joined in 2013.

26 is Okamura Minami from the newest gen. This was her first happyokai. She did awesome!</blockquote>

Hikaru will actually be the only one left from her gen once Rio graduates.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Are the Kenshuusei not allowed to wear makeup? I've noticed several older girls (like Hikaru), would look much cuter if they had eyebrows and their eyes and lips were more defined. Being under all those bright lights washes them out.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]
Are the Kenshuusei not allowed to wear makeup? I've noticed several older girls (like Hikaru), would look much cuter if they had eyebrows and their eyes and lips were more defined. Being under all those bright lights washes them out.
[/quote]

That's a great question... if they're allowed to wear any it's definitely super light. I remember Yanagawa's make-up was waaaay too thin at her debut event.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I think they're definitely held back with makeup. A lot of debutees have changed a lot in their first few months.

It's not as obvious with girls like Momohime or Kirara because they look really young, but yeah, it's visible with the older girls- their faces are already somewhat mature, you'd expect them to wear makeup.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="DonJuan"]
I think they're definitely held back with makeup. A lot of debutees have changed a lot in their first few months.

It's not as obvious with girls like Momohime or Kirara because they look really young, but yeah, it's visible with the older girls- their faces are already somewhat mature, you'd expect them to wear makeup.
[/quote]

I agree.

Management probably feels it helps add to their debut "glow up" lolol... When you see a girl a couple months after debut she looks so good (with a new haircut and make up and clothes.) I mean, it works... Kobushi in particular is what comes to mind.

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Okay, someone on Facebook said that Reina was debuting, but they didn't say which Reina (I'm assuming Ichioka) or what group she was debuting IN! (The inability of some people on FB to actually give complete information is infuriating.)
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

It is Ichioka (and Danbara Ruru and Kawamura Ayano will debut as well, though whether all of them together or separate is unknown, and Kiyono Momohime and Takase Kurumi will also debut in a different regard, I believe it has to do with acting and theatre), but there is no information on whether in a currently existing group or a totally new group.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="207630" data-time="1494738720">

It's not as obvious with girls like Momohime or Kirara because they look really young, but yeah, it's visible with the older girls- their faces are already somewhat mature, you'd expect them to wear makeup.</blockquote>
H!P girls actually also do their own makeup unless it's for a magazine shoot or something like that.

Stardust doesn't even let their girls wear nail polish.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun May 14, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Madara"]
Okay, someone on Facebook said that Reina was debuting, but they didn't say which Reina (I'm assuming Ichioka) or what group she was debuting IN! (The inability of some people on FB to actually give complete information is infuriating.)
[/quote]

Here's my translation from the concert rip.

It was a very sudden decision when it came to Ichioka, Danbara and Kawamura. There's currently no extra info of when and where they will debut. My guess is we'll get debut news either at C-ute's final concert or during the H!P Summer concerts.

Takase and Momohime were described as going to do something different than the Engeki Joshibu, but still within theater acting. There's no more information on this as well. :(
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^^True. It's quite obvious when a girl finds a new style for herself. 
Last edited by DonJuan on Sun May 14, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.helloproject.com/event/detai ... cc60c09c69" title="External link">http://www.helloproj...84458cc60c09c69</a>

Some tidbits for the upcoming shows

• Ichioka, Kawamura, Takase, and Kiyono are not participating
  • Danbara will be performing as she won the recitals
  • Kudo Yume is the only Hokkaido KSS participating
  • Ono will not be performing in Nagoya on 6/3
  • Inoue, Danbara, Maeda, and Yamazaki will not perform at Namba on 6/4 due to being involved in the C-ute concert
  • Kobushi will not be performing in the performances
  • Tsubaki will be performing
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Solarblade"]

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.helloproject.com/event/detai ... cc60c09c69" title="External link">http://www.helloproj...84458cc60c09c69</a>

Some tidbits for the upcoming shows

• Ichioka, Kawamura, Takase, and Kiyono are not participating
  • Danbara will be performing as she won the recitals
  • Kudo Yume is the only Hokkaido KSS participating
  • Ono will not be performing in Nagoya on 6/3
  • Inoue, Danbara, Maeda, and Yamazaki will not perform at Namba on 6/4 due to being involved in the C-ute concert
  • Kobushi will not be performing in the performances
  • Tsubaki will be performing

[/quote]

That's odd they already have the girls not performing (sans Danbara.) Maybe we'll get more news?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I'd be willing to bet my money they're not participating so that they can avoid giving news lol.

Odd that they're only gonna have one Hokkaido girl.