[2017.06.28] PINK CRES - crescendo

Post by Anderei »

1. fun fun fun
2. LOVE CANDY
3. Uwa na Sora (ウワノソラ)
4. Kirei Kawai Mirai (キレイ・カワイ・ミライ)
5. Last Love (ラスラブ)
6. Katasumi (片隅)
7. Warning ~Mirai Keihou~ (Warning~未来警報~)
8. Tell me why
9. Summer wonderland

I've posted links to performances of tracks that we have.

Kirei Kawai Mirai recording from an episode of Upcoming. I really like this.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: [2017.06.28] PINK CRES - crescendo

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I like this type of music... I just wish they had more impact when they perform =/

But yeah, I dig the bubblegum pop mixed with dance music.
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="207701" data-time="1495075653">
I like this type of music... I just wish they had more impact when they perform</blockquote>

They are quite dead, aren't they?

Some of the music isn't too bad, but you're right - their lack of energy really dampens things.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

So it's out.

I'm WAAAAYYY into this album. Way more than I thought I'd be. I mean, Tell me why, Summer Wonderland and Warning ~Mirai Keihou~ were always bombdotcom, but the rest of it keeps up well. Not as good as the tracks mentioned, but good.

For newer tracks, I really enjoyed LOVE CANDY and Kirei Kawai Mirai. Very catchy! Katasumi had me thinking it would be boring, but it has a very enticing melody. Like some old school Utada R&B with an interesting updated arrangement.

I think the least successful tracks are Uwa no Sora and Last Love. Last Love just wasn't super interesting to me.
I enjoy Uwa no Sora's arrangement and melody a lot, but I think Miya is the only one who sings softer songs well. Oddly, the newbies are better at stronger songs despite having weak voices.

Either way, I definitely am now invested in v-u-den PINK CRES. Worth the listen.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>So I'm both pleasantly surprised and kind of disappointed in these songs.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Both have a Kpop vibe to them (in a good way), but none of the charm or production value of a Kpop release. It's clear that this is what they were going for with FunX3, but there's just no commitment to anything, from the arrangement, to the vocal takes, to the styling and personality of the girls, to the complete lack of a narrative in the video. It's a really good song that could have been amazing with more attention to detail in every facet of production. It can't be exactly like a KPop release for a lot of reasons, but it could've been so much better.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I like this direction for PINK CRES, though. It makes sense for a group of young women, and they sound quite good. This is much better than I was expecting, tbh, but that only makes me wish they had put in the extra work to tighten everything up and make it extraordinary. The music is definitely there, though.</div>
Last edited by JPope on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

I really don't care for their fashion sense at all. LOL But the music they produce is pretty nice. Would have loved a PV for Summer Wonderland though.

Props to the video for Kirei Kawai Mirai. If you're gonna do a live PV, make it worth watching. The effects were fun and colorful, like the dance shots of Jidanda Dance. Also, yay for (sort of) choreography.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>Listened to the full album just now, and holy shit, this is really goddamned good. Based on early live appearances, I had zero expectations for this group, but every song on Crescendo is, at worst, good. Most of them are outstanding, and a few are spectacular. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I'm not going to do a song-by-song review of this album, because to be blunt, I love everything on it. The KPop vibe is a thread that carries through the majority of the tracks, which is fine with me. I just wish they'd style the girls to better fit the music. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>This is by far my favorite release of the year so far, and it's gonna be tough to beat going forward.</div>
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="208357" data-time="1498241889">Both have a Kpop vibe to them (in a good way), but none of the charm or production value of a Kpop release. It's clear that this is what they were going for with FunX3, but there's just no commitment to anything, from the arrangement, to the vocal takes, to the styling and personality of the girls, to the complete lack of a narrative in the video. It's a really good song that could have been amazing with more attention to detail in every facet of production. It can't be exactly like a KPop release for a lot of reasons, but it could've been so much better.</blockquote>
This so much, also as little interest as I have in Kpop it seems this style is dated by at least a couple of years now. But having a good production value is never a bad thing, even if not all elements of the puzzle are up to the bar that it sets. I still think it's pretty ironic and telling that Korea now seems to be the East Asia's pop music trend-setter. Japan needs a solid shakeup and change in management to start experimenting and pursuing new things on their own again, rather than sitting in the safe but stale and stagnant moeblob pool.

Also PINK CRES gives me a sort of easy listening Buono! vibe, and this makes me realise how much I wish we still had the rock and roll Buono! around.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="aine"]

I still think it's pretty ironic and telling that Korea now seems to be the East Asia's pop music trend-setter. Japan needs a solid shakeup and change in management to start experimenting and pursuing new things on their own again, rather than sitting in the safe but stale and stagnant moeblob pool.

[/quote]

Posts from 2011.  :tongue: