The New All Purpose SNSD Thread

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Re: The New All Purpose SNSD Thread

Post by WonderBuono »

I feel like a horrible fan because as I was watching the All Night video I was thinking... it's time for them to split up and just do the solo thing. Which sucks cause I was really pumped for this comeback. But I definitely get that "has-beens" vibe, especially when I realized they're the only group left from what I considered the "big" groups when I got into Kpop (Wonder Girls, Kara, 2NE1 being the others). Twice really is the SNSD of the current era.

And things just haven't been the same without Jessica imo.

I liked "Holiday" better actually but I was watching at 5 am half asleep so my judgment might be different haha.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don't think they'll ever really disband, maybe just taper off and sort of not acknowledge the group's status. They're just a quick cash grab for the company at this point, they've acknowledged they basically almost never see each other anymore.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="209459" data-time="1502129129">
they've acknowledged they basically almost never see each other anymore.</blockquote>

What, really? Do you have a source for this?
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I don't know about the others, but Tiffany and Taeyeon frequently hang out with eachother.

TAENY FOR LAIFU!
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Sooyoung, Seohyun and Tiffany did not renew with SM and left the group.
They said they're currently discussing the future of the group as 5 and what to do with it.

Translation
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

:eek:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They can't go on without Seohyun and Tiffany. It won't happen.

Apparently Tiffany wants to study and start an overseas career, and the other two want to focus on acting.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

I've long been of the opinion that the time was about right for SNSD to disband, and PR weasel words to the contrary notwithstanding, it is hard to see this event as anything other than disbandment in all but name. However, I wish they could have gone out with a bang befitting of their accomplishments, like a farewell concert or something, rather than just abruptly stopping due to contract expiry.

I'll probably continue to check out Taeyeon's music, but otherwise, it feels rather liberating that I don't have to pay attention to K-pop anymore.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Seohyun being gone is like the nail in the coffin for SNSD, I think.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Taeyeon caused a car accident:
https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/28/taeyeon-revealed-involved-car-accident-sm-entertainment-releases-statement/

From what I read there were no serious injuries.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Sounds minor, thankfully no one was injured.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Taeyeon putting out the most waifu-core MV ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcYhtiJneHg
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

It's not bad but I wish she would enunciate just a little bit.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I feel like I should start this post with "I shit you not"...

The five remaining SNSD members release a new album in September under the name "Oh!GG".
https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/k-town/8472209/girls-generation-ohgg-new-album-in-september

40cd357552654eb28ad3dbba767f3adc.jpg
40015972_258683678187258_5509273972144865280_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Take your bets now, will it flop or bop?

Well... sales-wise/charting-wise, that is. I sort of can't believe they're renaming themselves.... Wonder what their sound will be like? Lmaooo watch them go full girl-crush or something. The photos seem to be saying it'll be a more mature sound, though. I'm imagining it being like something Suzy would put out.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

It's apparently being heavily pushed as a "subgroup" to preserve the group as 9 8 as being SNSD
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

it's a good pun. 
oh! --> their previous famous single (after Gee and Genie)
GG --> Girls' Generation, or a combo of gee and genie and
"OG" --> "ol' girl" status.

I don't think it'll flop because Taeyeon and Yoona can carry the group.  Still, it's not the same without Tiffany and Seohyun.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

What, that’s surprising but I’ll support it.

Totally expecting it to be “Taeyeon and her backup singers” though.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="215018" data-time="1535586985">
Take your bets now, will it flop or bop?

Well... sales-wise/charting-wise, that is. I sort of can't believe they're renaming themselves.... Wonder what their sound will be like? Lmaooo watch them go full girl-crush or something. The photos seem to be saying it'll be a more mature sound, though. I'm imagining it being like something Suzy would put out.</blockquote>

Taeyeon has more selling power than the other eight girls combined. It’ll only flop if her fans let it out of protest.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

And this is the MV for Lil' touch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdzLl-XpJt0

As expected, it is somewhat The Taeyeon Show.
But my waifu looks gorgeous in it, so I'm not complaining. Everybody's looking good, actually.

Did anybody else remind the part after 0:56 of a different song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdzLl-XpJt0&t=56s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEauWw9ZGrA&t=58s
Last edited by Ap2000 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Not really my sound, and the filter or whatever they put on the vocals isn't my taste either. But I can see how people will like it. The ending was pretty cringy for me thooooo

It's pretty interesting to hear what were, mostly, the "backups" (performance-wise) in the group get to sing and shine... So I disagree, it didn't feel like Taeyeon & co., I thought it was pretty well-balanced.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

[quote="kitaoji"]
it's a good pun. 
oh! --> their previous famous single (after Gee and Genie)
GG --> Girls' Generation, or a combo of gee and genie and
"OG" --> "ol' girl" status.

I don't think it'll flop because Taeyeon and Yoona can carry the group.  Still, it's not the same without Tiffany and Seohyun.
[/quote]

I think 5 is "oh" in Korean, so that's another aspect of the pun.

I kind of liked Fermata; it felt like something that would have come off their debut album, but suitably updated. Little Touch didn't make much of an impression on me.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Not really my sound, and the filter or whatever they put on the vocals isn't my taste either. But I can see how people will like it. The ending was pretty cringy for me thooooo

It's pretty interesting to hear what were, mostly, the "backups" (performance-wise) in the group get to sing and shine... So I disagree, it didn't feel like Taeyeon & co., I thought it was pretty well-balanced.
[/quote]
Yeah, it was as much the Sunny Show as it was the Taeyeon Show.

Not really my style, either. I think if you're gonna have a melody that rides a single note like that, the music should do a little more to make it more interesting, but this style seems to be the current hotness, so, yeah. 
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I’m on my phone so I can’t post pictures but Yuri is releasing a solo mini album 10/4.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="215422" data-time="1538071103">I’m on my phone so I can’t post pictures but Yuri is releasing a solo mini album 10/4.</blockquote>
I got you.
M7wMFua.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Tiffanyjust dropped her second American single, "Teach You".

Definitely better than her first one but still not that great imo LOL  I think I'd like this song a lot more if it weren't for the weird accent she's putting on.  But I've always hated her voice so that probably puts a cap on my ability to enjoy her solo work.

I'm not a fan of Yuri's voice either, but I am a huge fan of Curtis Richardson's work.  He will be producing her title track and has been churning out some awesome tracks in the jpop/kpop world since the early 2000's.  He most recently produced Taemin's Move and if Yuri's track is anything like that, I'm sold!
Last edited by Farrah on Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.