H!P 18 New Member Audition!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: H!P 18 New Member Audition!

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="211125" data-time="1510611836"><p>

They're quite an interesting bunch. Not sure which one I'd like the most, but so far there are two three things that stick out to me:
<ul class="bbc">[*]How can you only recently get internet access when you're 14? I mean it's not impossible, not sure where she's from and how strict her parents are, but that's really... surprising. And while they're not super popular, I'd say H!P is at least somewhat known through Oricon. Nothing against her though, just surprised.[*]Ruru is 12 and auditioned for MM twice? I mean if she tried the Shinseiki auditions she would've fit the age requirements but that's determination, trying out at 10.[*]Yuriya is out by the next round. She's cute and I've got a soft spot for her because our names sound alike, but she's way too child-like.[/list]</blockquote>

There's some girl who is/was in AKB who's parents were so strict she hadn't heard of them until like shortly before she auditioned or something. Either that or her family is very poor.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="DonJuan"]
  • Yuriya is out by the next round. She's cute and I've got a soft spot for her because our names sound alike, but she's way too child-like. 
[/quote]

No way, they'll definitely try and make her the next Uta. It's not everyday H!P has mixed girls, especially mixed with European... Well, just my thoughts at least, lol
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I'm sure they're all gonna make it, some just won't be put immediately into a group.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="211127" data-time="1510618749"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="211125" data-time="1510611836">
<p>

They're quite an interesting bunch. Not sure which one I'd like the most, but so far there are two three things that stick out to me:
<ul class="bbc">[*]How can you only recently get internet access when you're 14? I mean it's not impossible, not sure where she's from and how strict her parents are, but that's really... surprising. And while they're not super popular, I'd say H!P is at least somewhat known through Oricon. Nothing against her though, just surprised.[*]Ruru is 12 and auditioned for MM twice? I mean if she tried the Shinseiki auditions she would've fit the age requirements but that's determination, trying out at 10.[*]Yuriya is out by the next round. She's cute and I've got a soft spot for her because our names sound alike, but she's way too child-like.[/list]</blockquote>
There's some girl who is/was in AKB who's parents were so strict she hadn't heard of them until like shortly before she auditioned or something. Either that or her family is very poor.</blockquote>

Supposedly Masaki's parents kept her so sheltered, only showing the Disney channel at home, that she didn't realize Japanese people could appear on TV until news came out about her joining the group.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="DonJuan"]

• How can you only recently get internet access when you're 14? I mean it's not impossible, not sure where she's from and how strict her parents are, but that's really... surprising. And while they're not super popular, I'd say H!P is at least somewhat known through Oricon. Nothing against her though, just surprised.

[/quote]

Actually Japan is a little more backwards when it comes to the internet than you'd expect.  My host family still doesn't have internet and at the school I worked in there was only one computer with internet access in the staff room.  I think there might have been a computer lab but I was never in it so I forget lol
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Thanks for telling me, guys. I'm a teeny weeny shocked, especially since basically everyone has cell phones nowadays. 
But I guess some parents go that far. Yikes.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Episode 1

Bonus Footage

I think they're all cute, but no one really stands out to me much.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Thanks for the link to the bonus footage. And yeah, I feel the same. I do like Momoka, though.

Oh yeah and Kanemi Ruru reminds me of Meimi in the way she sings. Must be the musical stuff.
Last edited by DonJuan on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Ah man I liked Ruri and the twins so I’m bummed they didn’t make the cut.

I think Goto Sayaka and Hashimoto Momoko have the highest chances of getting in.

Kodama Mai gives me CG vibes because she looks like a cross between Otsuka Aina and Morito. Since CG isn’t on the table though, I don’t know...

Yuriya is interesting, but she didn’t smile once which makes her seem a bit off putting, but I know it’s just because she’s young and nervous.

Anna is my favorite so far. Worried she could be kind of fake, but I’ll have to see more of her to know.

I would hope that at least 2-3 of these girls make it into Reina’s new group (assuming they want 8 people).
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I didn't watch the footage yet but you mentioning Yuriya not smiling gives me Risako H!P Kids Audition vibes haha.  When I went back and rewatched them as an adult I was like......definitely wouldn't have passed Risako. So who the fuck knows.
Kaori • Risako 

Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

Yayyyyy auditions, love seeing footage of them.  They all blended together for me except for Momoko and Yuriya, so I say let those two in at least.  Usually not a fan of 10 year olds, but I found Yuriya interesting.  She seemed serious af (though it seemed to be just nerves) and she has a deep voice.  Also like that half her background is Belorussian, something a little different.  Miss the days of a variety of personalities/images with the girls who audition, now it just seems like more of the same-ole-same ole, innocent/cute looking girl who can semi-sing and dance.  I still don't know all of 12th gen of Morning Musume and what gen are we up to now? 14? LOL Yeah..... that's how much I've been paying attention.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pi Miki" data-cid="211198" data-time="1511231786">
Yayyyyy auditions, love seeing footage of them. They all blended together for me except for Momoko and Yuriya, so I say let those two in at least. Usually not a fan of 10 year olds, but I found Yuriya interesting. She seemed serious af (though it seemed to be just nerves) and she has a deep voice. Also like that half her background is Belorussian, something a little different. Miss the days of a variety of personalities/images with the girls who audition, now it just seems like more of the same-ole-same ole, innocent/cute looking girl who can semi-sing and dance. I still don't know all of 12th gen of Morning Musume and what gen are we up to now? 14? LOL Yeah..... that's how much I've been paying attention.</blockquote>

Just wait until you watch episode three and four where Yuriya bombs the singing and dancing portions.
Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pi Miki" data-cid="211198" data-time="1511231786">
Yayyyyy auditions, love seeing footage of them. They all blended together for me except for Momoko and Yuriya, so I say let those two in at least. Usually not a fan of 10 year olds, but I found Yuriya interesting. She seemed serious af (though it seemed to be just nerves) and she has a deep voice. Also like that half her background is Belorussian, something a little different. Miss the days of a variety of personalities/images with the girls who audition, now it just seems like more of the same-ole-same ole, innocent/cute looking girl who can semi-sing and dance. I still don't know all of 12th gen of Morning Musume and what gen are we up to now? 14? LOL Yeah..... that's how much I've been paying attention.
</blockquote>

Just wait until you watch episode three and four where Yuriya bombs the singing and dancing portions.

[/quote]

Oh well, then... get her out of there >;o !!!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Episode 2 Dance Lesson

Episode 3 Singing Lesson

Training song for both parts is Jealousy Jealousy.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

New episodes!!

Episode 4
We get to see some unseen footage of Hama-chan and Yamaki Risa's auditions. Risa's is actually hilarious because her dancing is really bad, like it's so bad it's funny, and everyone laughs at her. Chisato says it's so bad that she wants to take a video of it to send to the other C-ute members.

Episode 5
Aww man Yuliya is cute, I like her now.

There actually isn't anyone in this group that I would be mad at if they got in.
My predictions...
MORNING MUSUME'18 Goto Sayaka + Kodama Mai (Yes, I know MORNING MUSUME doesn't need anymore members...)
ANGERME no one
Juice=Juice no one
Kobushi Factory Shuttou Anna + Kanemitsu Ruru
Tsubaki Factory no one
New Group w/ Ichioka Matsubara Yuriya, Hashimoto Momoko
Kenshuusei Shion and Nanami (can't even remember their last names...)
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

So the results were announced today. No one passed.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Gee, surprise surprise. They keep doing this bullshit. Look at how many people didn't care about this audition.

They did give them all a kenshuusei offer. Hashimoto, Tamenaga and Goto want to do it. Rest are undecided.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Why do they even do auditions at this point if they never want anyone. They might as well just do KSS auditions.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

That was the worst possible outcome. They get such a nice setup with a show and everything, possible exposure to new fans, and they end with no winners? Good job Up-Front, 2017 looks like a big fuck up now.

- the whole reshuffle nonsense, complete with the destruction of a perfectly fine group

- loss of the most popular members (Momoko, Airi, Duu is definitely up there too) (granted that's not really UF's fault)

- Kobushi's fuck up

- MM's last minute anniversary; the cafe was cute and the concert setlist(s) are nice but that's all? For a 20 year anniversary? I know, the Ai no Tane rerelease, the OG coming to Budokan, the anniversary event... but that's still rather disappointing.

- now this.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think they saw some of the grads coming from a mile away (would not be at all surprised if when CG was formed Momoko had already told them she'd stay until 25), and most of those fans probably just shifted elsewhere rather than leaving entirely. But yeah, the rest of it sucks. Especially since we have so many groups now, but because there's so many, they all barely release music, and there's very little solo or non-musical group activities to go around. 
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Do they really want people to care even less for their auditions ? Really, Up-Front...
Campy <3 !
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Dear UFA: I am sick of your bullshit.
Kaori • Risako 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

lmao someone on jplop pointed out that there's also a kenshuusei audition happening alongside this, and the last time they had an audition it also had no winners. OKAY.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I swear I am in an abusive relationship with this stupid company because I just want to be DONE WITH THEM but I keep fucking coming back
Kaori • Risako 

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="211354" data-time="1512396718">So the results were announced today. No one passed.</blockquote>It's like they want people to stop giving a damn altogether.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="211358" data-time="1512399813">Especially since we have so many groups now, but because there's so many, they all barely release music, and there's very little solo or non-musical group activities to go around.</blockquote>This.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

how has this company sunk so lol like god damn. they need to like clean house with old management and get some new people in who know how to drive in new business
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

Pretty much agree with everyone here... this is the worst.  I feel like doing this might deter girls from auditions in the future...

Made by Haru!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I bet some of these girls are going to be in Reina’s new group and only spend like 2 months in KSS, but like geez. You could at least announce 1 girl.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

Wow.  This is the complete OPPOSITE of what I expected.  After seeing the last couple of episodes, I figured they would ALL get in.  I'd rather have that than this nonsense!!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Saya"]
I bet some of these girls are going to be in Reina’s new group and only spend like 2 months in KSS, but like geez. You could at least announce 1 girl.
[/quote]

I really hope they actually know who is going to be in that group since it was announced so long ago. I'd be pissed if it ended up being mostly girls from this audition, because then they should have never told us about it to begin with.