UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

Post by Anderei »

I think they’ve been around longer than anyone ever expected.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Eh, they probably should have around the time they renamed themselves.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

This doesn’t surprise me that much. They barely release anything anyways.
Formerly Mizura
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Meimi is doing well. 

She is in a new musical in the TRUMP series called "Marigold". Not sure how important her role ("Gerbera") is, but she's the second character listed on the play's page.

On another note she'll release her first solo single, "Romance", digitally on 4/25 (so basically today Japan time). It's a cover of the song by Aku Yuu. It has been released before in November on an Aku Yuu tribute album. Here's a preview.

Also, her solo live is on 5/12.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Solarblade" data-cid="213524" data-time="1524583498">
Ciao Bella Cinquetti to disband on 8/2 - <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2110192/f ... &ref_cd=tw' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2110192/f ... kquote>Wow. They sure did last a long time... I'm shocked Kanami lasted in the group so long. Thought she would be the first to go. Wonder if any of them will continue on. Robin is the only member I can see staying in the public eye.
Last edited by Purin-chama on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Meimi is doing well. 

She is in a new musical in the TRUMP series called "Marigold". Not sure how important her role ("Gerbera") is, but she's the second character listed on the play's page.

On another note she'll release her first solo single, "Romance", digitally on 4/25 (so basically today Japan time). It's a cover of the song by Aku Yuu. It has been released before in November on an Aku Yuu tribute album. Here's a preview.

[/quote]

This is available on American iTunes!  :girlie:  :clap:  :party:
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="213530" data-time="1524598047">
Meimi is doing well.

She is in a new musical in the TRUMP series called "Marigold". Not sure how important her role ("Gerbera") is, but she's the second character listed <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://marigold.westage.jp/pages/186228 ... 1804231706' class="bbc_url" title="External link">on the play's page</a>.

On another note she'll release her first solo single, "Romance", digitally on 4/25 (so basically today Japan time). It's a cover of the song by Aku Yuu. It has been released before in November on an Aku Yuu tribute album. <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x66kvao' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Here's a preview</a>.

Also, her solo live is on 5/12.</blockquote>

I still don't understand how they could've predicted that <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/ahTOc7Y2Ezo' class="bbc_url" title="External link">this</a> had the potential to become THAT one day. I think it was just dumb luck or a happy accident on behalf of whoever made the decision to add Meimi to S/mileage.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Sayu"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="213530" data-time="1524598047">
Meimi is doing well.

She is in a new musical in the TRUMP series called "Marigold". Not sure how important her role ("Gerbera") is, but she's the second character listed <a class="bbc_url" href="http://marigold.westage.jp/pages/186228 ... 1804231706" title="External link">on the play's page</a>.

On another note she'll release her first solo single, "Romance", digitally on 4/25 (so basically today Japan time). It's a cover of the song by Aku Yuu. It has been released before in November on an Aku Yuu tribute album. <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x66kvao" title="External link">Here's a preview</a>.

</blockquote>

I still don't understand how they could've predicted that <a class="bbc_url" href="https://youtu.be/ahTOc7Y2Ezo" title="External link">this</a> had the potential to become THAT one day. I think it was just dumb luck or a happy accident on behalf of whoever made the decision to add Meimi to S/mileage.

[/quote]

I don't know, Sayu, but I see all of her nascent qualities in that clip. I would have chosen her on the basis of that audition without a second's hesitation. The sound in the clip isn't great, for whatever reason, and that may affect how one perceives her vocal abilities. She may have sounded much better if you were listening in that room. If not, there was still a strong indication that with coaching she'd improve greatly. It's a fast song and she gets the cadence just right, more of a requirement than vocal ability at that point. Besides, she shows great poise and discipline and is cute as can be. How could she miss? And she didn't!

In contrast, check out the clip of Sakura Oda on that page doing the exact same audition and tell me if she should have been chosen for S/mileage. I would have said, "Passable vocals, give her some training, but save her for a group that might really need a singer."
Last edited by Madara on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aisasami
こぶしファクトリー

Post by aisasami »

Asuka Fukuda's band Peace$tone will break up on October 31, according totheir blog.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="213545" data-time="1524708441">In contrast, check out the clip of Sakura Oda on that page doing the exact same audition and tell me if she should have been chosen for S/mileage. I would have said, "Passable vocals, give her some training, but save her for a group that might really need a singer."</blockquote>
I wonder how much of that was the song and how much was her skill at the time. Especially in the beginning, Sakura had a tendency to imitate the original singers rather than her "own" voice.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

To be honest S/mileage songs, especially the 4-nin ones, are horrible to song. You basically have to set up a Mickey Mouse voice to reach those notes, and I think that's also what was Sakura's problem here. Meimi's too, to an extent, but she already had some musical training.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I feel like Meimi knew s/mileage was a cutesy group too so she dumbed herself down.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

They were like 11 at the time guys.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

How come not a word about Rika Ishikawa giving birth to a baby boy here? And it was on Kitaoji's birthday, too! The last of 4th Gen to give birth.

https://aramajapan.com/news/rika-ishikawa-gives-birth-to-a-baby-boy/87629/

http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2018/04/ishikawa-rika-gives-birth-to-a-baby-boy
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Sayu" data-cid="213543" data-time="1524698166"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="213530" data-time="1524598047">
Meimi is doing well.

She is in a new musical in the TRUMP series called "Marigold". Not sure how important her role ("Gerbera") is, but she's the second character listed <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://marigold.westage.jp/pages/186228 ... 1804231706' class="bbc_url" title="External link">on the play's page</a>.

On another note she'll release her first solo single, "Romance", digitally on 4/25 (so basically today Japan time). It's a cover of the song by Aku Yuu. It has been released before in November on an Aku Yuu tribute album. <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x66kvao' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Here's a preview</a>.

Also, her solo live is on 5/12.</blockquote>
I still don't understand how they could've predicted that <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/ahTOc7Y2Ezo' class="bbc_url" title="External link">this</a> had the potential to become THAT one day. I think it was just dumb luck or a happy accident on behalf of whoever made the decision to add Meimi to S/mileage.</blockquote>

But lets be honest, everyone but 1 ended up in H!P those auditions were pretty successful~
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Just for the record, in case something went under my radar, has Aya Matsuura released any recordings since her album "Click You Link Me" in 2010? That's the last one I've got.

Thanks.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

[quote="Madara"]
Just for the record, in case something went under my radar, has Aya Matsuura released any recordings since her album "Click You Link Me" in 2010? That's the last one I've got.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Just a best album in 2011 with a couple new songs
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Her daughter is finally old enough for school, and they announced a change in her management, not an outright retirement, so hopefully we'll see something at some point...

:(
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Yaguchi Mari has popped up on Netflix as a host for this terrible reality show, "Rea(L)ove." I am so embarrassed for her. 
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

LOL my brother was watching that show a couple nights ago and I flipped out when I saw Mari.  It's a mess of a show, but at the same time, it still makes her more relevant than like, 99% of the other ex-H!P girls.  I gotta hand it to her... she actually managed to make "scandalous maneater" her brand which is no small feat considering what a massive double standard Japan tends to have about those sorts of things (or well, everywhere, but you know what I mean).
pharbron
つばきファクトリー

Post by pharbron »

[quote="aisasami"]
Asuka Fukuda's band Peace$tone will break up on October 31, according totheir blog.
[/quote]

It appears that member Etsu (えつ) is leaving by 10/31.  Though, they seem to have changed their header already.
<div style="text-align:center;">
<p style="font-family:Arial;">Image
</div>
<p class="bbc_center">signature and avatar by me
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I'm assuming we post stuff about Airi in this thread, right?

I just watched the PV for her new song, "Distance."  I like the song and the PV. I'm getting a distinct Maki Goto vibe from it (AVEX period). Which is nice.

I just wonder why she didn't sing this at the solo concert I saw in Tokyo a month ago today.

https://youtu.be/uOIlXvvE91g
Last edited by Madara on Wed May 09, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Airi had 2 concert series going on at the same time with 2 different themes. Her ~Do me a favor @ COTTON CLUB~ focused on the dance side from her album (This is the set-list that had DISTANCE on it).

While the ~Do me a favor @ Zepp Tokyo / Namba Hatch~ live focused on the band side tracks from her album. The live she will have at Budokan on the 9th of July will bring both of them together. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Airi had 2 concert series going on at the same time with 2 different themes. Her ~Do me a favor @ COTTON CLUB~ focused on the dance side from her album (This is the set-list that had DISTANCE on it).

While the ~Do me a favor @ Zepp Tokyo / Namba Hatch~ live focused on the band side tracks from her album. The live she will have at Budokan on the 9th of July will bring both of them together. 
[/quote]

Ahhh! I went to the wrong concert! Thanks for the clarification.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="eri" data-cid="213673" data-time="1525799606">
Yaguchi Mari has popped up on Netflix as a host for this terrible reality show, "Rea(L)ove." I am so embarrassed for her.</blockquote>
I watched the first episode because I was curious and it’s a pretty awful show. Trashy and vulgar. Makes sense why Yagu is a host though with her scandal. They even joke about it on the show.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

[quote="eri"]
Yaguchi Mari has popped up on Netflix as a host for this terrible reality show, "Rea(L)ove." I am so embarrassed for her. 
[/quote]
I'm more surprised by eri popping up on the BBS!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Trashy and vulgar you say?  I might just have to check it out.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="eri" data-cid="213673" data-time="1525799606">
<div>
[/quote]
I'm more surprised by eri popping up on the BBS!

</div>
</blockquote>

Same here! Welcome back, Eri. Don't be a stranger. Hey, I'M still here. Aine's still here!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2111135/full/

Abe is having another baby, she’s due in the fall. She had a son summer 2016 for those who don’t remember.
<p class="bbc_center">Image