Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Purin-chama
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2020 ~Anniversary Mode~

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="AquaChan" data-cid="214817" data-time="1534089347"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="214816" data-time="1534083119">
Having your oshi do your #1 favorite song of all time. (A song that rarely ever gets sung in concert.)

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/aP0j91kSes8' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Priceless.</a>

:wota:</blockquote>

And <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHcfZk0hqJg' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Wasureranai</a> too :puppyeyes:</blockquote>
Oh snap! This was awesome ???? Sakura events are the best. I love how she always changes the songs too. Some of the girls sing the same song. ????
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Okay good thing we have a spam thread cause I just watched a '18 ver of Kashimashi and can I just say that it still doesn't feel right that Morito's in MM? I mean I don't follow the group like I used to, but I still watch their MVs and some stages and it's juST NOT RIGHT OK.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I've gotten use to Morito in Musume, mainly because I'm just tuned into the whole revolving door nature of the group. 
The problem I have is Yangawa in Juice=Juice. Manaka just kind of slipped in and she feels right. Yangawa just feels like that awkward little sister you were forced to take to the mall with you because your mother said you had to. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I think Musubu is a great performer, but she doesn’t visually fit in with ANGERME. She’s too small.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

I normally don't fall into the Kaede being the next best singer thing, but they recently posted this a capella of her and Reina. It might be because Reina was quite a bit weaker, but I thought she sounded really nice in the clip. Better than the lives I've seen her in.

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/CEkfk8kf0yY' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://youtu.be/CEkfk8kf0yY</a>
Last edited by Purin-chama on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

That was pretty awkward to watch with all the pauses hahahaha
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

https://mobile.twitter.com/tsunkuboy/status/1035306240883154945

Mizuki is in Hawaii! It looks to me that they are by the Ala Wai Marina between Ala Moana and Waikiki. A pretty good restaurant sits right off the marina there, which is why it looks familiar to me even though it sounds like I'm being creepy. ????
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

[quote="Myst"]
https://mobile.twitter.com/tsunkuboy/status/1035306240883154945

Mizuki is in Hawaii! It looks to me that they are by the Ala Wai Marina between Ala Moana and Waikiki. A pretty good restaurant sits right off the marina there, which is why it looks familiar to me even though it sounds like I'm being creepy.
[/quote]
Who's the sugar daddy? :D/

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Tsunku needs a hair cut.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I may have asked this once before but I don't recall now and when I searched my notes where I would have originated the post, I found nothing.

Anyway, I just watched the H!P Summer 2016 concert and it seems to me it's the only time I've seen Angerme in a concert where both Maho and Momona are there. Was there any other concert like that?

Thanks.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

They did the fall 2016 tour together but I don't think there was a video release. The next video release for ANGERME after Summer '16 would have been Countdown but Maho was gone by then.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

YouTube took down one of the videos on my channel devoted to Hello! Morning segments. The segment was a quiz where the girls were asked to name movies by Hayao Miyazaki. I posted it about four years ago. There's a clip from SPIRITED AWAY in it, but nothing else but the girls answering the question. The issue wasn't copyright related. They said it violated "Community Guidelines," so I got a "Community Guidelines Strike." I don't know how to post video clips here that aren't YT links, so I can't share it. I posted it on FB and asked what about it could provoke such a response from YT, but no one could figure it out. I appealed the decision to YT, but haven't heard back from them yet.
Last edited by Madara on Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

You put something up that wasn't yours. It technically belongs to the network that broadcast the show. Be glad your whole channel is still standing. If they really wanted to come after you, they would. But it's such an old show it probably falls under the radar of those looking to take stuff down.

ANYWAY~ I found this clip from a Tsubaki Factory FC event. 6 of the girls get pranked into thinking they have an acting job roll to audition for. It produces some interesting results. (Click the C/C for the english subtitles.)
https://youtu.be/-fN_b2nVc64
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>This is fascinating.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>From Wota In Translation: "aiko reveals that she took part in the Taiyou to Ciscomoon auditions and received songwriting advice from Tsunku♂"</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Apparently, she was basically in, but received an offer to do a solo single from an indie company at the same time and took that instead. This is mind-boggling to me, as aiko was the first J-pop artist that I got into in a big way back 2000. Obviously, she made the right decision, but it's interesting to think about aiko becoming a mainstay in H!P, and even a house song-writer. Crazy.</div>
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

https://youtu.be/bVt4XoRzAJQ

When I saw the title I thought it was going to be hilariously awkward but it was actually really good other than Ayano missing her high notes? Now that the girls have proven they can harmonize I really wish they would incorporate that into their songs! I don’t understand why idols always just sing in unison...
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I mean most groups are lucky when their members can sing the main harmony well. Pre- Love Machine had quite a bit of harmonizing, and some Riho-Sakura-lines as well (especially their duets). But yeah, I hope they'll do something like that for one of their next songs.

I just don't get why they're pushing Hamachan as the lead when she's obviously the weakest singer. Dawa isn't the lead singer in ANGERME, Kiki not in Tsubaki, and Karin doesn't get much more than Sayuki (actually since 2nd gen Karin isn't pushed as much in-your-face anymore; that being said Karin is one of the group's best singers after all).

I guess the difference in popularity between Hamachan and the others is that big?
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
https://youtu.be/bVt4XoRzAJQ

When I saw the title I thought it was going to be hilariously awkward but it was actually really good other than Ayano missing her high notes? Now that the girls have proven they can harmonize I really wish they would incorporate that into their songs! I don’t understand why idols always just sing in unison...
[/quote]

That was fun. More of this, please!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="215256" data-time="1536757206">
I mean most groups are lucky when their members can sing the main harmony well. Pre- Love Machine had quite a bit of harmonizing, and some Riho-Sakura-lines as well (especially their duets). But yeah, I hope they'll do something like that for one of their next songs.

I just don't get why they're pushing Hamachan as the lead when she's obviously the weakest singer. Dawa isn't the lead singer in ANGERME, Kiki not in Tsubaki, and Karin doesn't get much more than Sayuki (actually since 2nd gen Karin isn't pushed as much in-your-face anymore; that being said Karin is one of the group's best singers after all).

I guess the difference in popularity between Hamachan and the others is that big?</blockquote>
Kobushi is small enough to have a true and concrete center. The other groups are all big.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

[quote="DonJuan"]

I guess the difference in popularity between Hamachan and the others is that big?
[/quote]
Could be she doesn't have the skill to harmonize...
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="215256" data-time="1536757206">
Karin doesn't get much more than Sayuki (actually since 2nd gen Karin isn't pushed as much in-your-face anymore; that being said Karin is one of the group's best singers after all).</blockquote>I know this is just a matter of opinion, but to me, even without 2nd or 3rd gen, Karin falls more to the lower/bottom for being the best singer in the group. Tomoko and Sayuki fill that role. Technical speaking, Karin is good, but she is still a pretty weak vocally, and she has remained stagnant since their debut.
Last edited by Purin-chama on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="Myst"]

Karin doesn't get much more than Sayuki (actually since 2nd gen Karin isn't pushed as much in-your-face anymore; that being said Karin is one of the group's best singers after all).
</blockquote>
I know this is just a matter of opinion, but to me, even without 2nd or 3rd gen, Karin falls more to the lower/bottom for being the best singer in the group. Tomoko and Sayuki fill that role. Technical speaking, Karin is good, but she is still a pretty weak vocally, and she has remained stagnant since their debut.

[/quote]

Karin has remained stagnant, but I'd actually argue that Tomoko has gotten worse LOL she has become really, really nasal and pitchy.  Sayuki is my fave in J=J but I can't bring myself to praise her vocals that much when taking her vocal nodules into account.  Karin is like, my least favorite J=J girl but I do think she is among the most stable live.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="215269" data-time="1536823465">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Myst" data-cid="215260" data-time="1536770214">
I know this is just a matter of opinion, but to me, even without 2nd or 3rd gen, Karin falls more to the lower/bottom for being the best singer in the group. Tomoko and Sayuki fill that role. Technical speaking, Karin is good, but she is still a pretty weak vocally, and she has remained stagnant since their debut.
</blockquote>

Karin has remained stagnant, but I'd actually argue that Tomoko has gotten worse LOL she has become really, really nasal and pitchy.  Sayuki is my fave in J=J but I can't bring myself to praise her vocals that much when taking her vocal nodules into account.  Karin is like, my least favorite J=J girl but I do think she is among the most stable live.</blockquote>

I pretty much agree with you both. Personally I prefer Tomoko and Sayuki over Karin because Karin is a bit too "clean-cut" for me, her singing is stable but also kinda boring (a bit like Mizuki imo?). And while I still love Tomoko's voice I also agree that I liked her better some years ago. At some point her voice was like pure velvet. Nowadays it's still rich and nice imo, but indeed quite nasal. But hey, Ruru is better than Karin and in my top 3 for certain.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Madara"]
YouTube took down one of the videos on my channel devoted to Hello! Morning segments. The segment was a quiz where the girls were asked to name movies by Hayao Miyazaki. I posted it about four years ago. There's a clip from SPIRITED AWAY in it, but nothing else but the girls answering the question. The issue wasn't copyright related. They said it violated "Community Guidelines," so I got a "Community Guidelines Strike." I don't know how to post video clips here that aren't YT links, so I can't share it. I posted it on FB and asked what about it could provoke such a response from YT, but no one could figure it out. I appealed the decision to YT, but haven't heard back from them yet.
[/quote]

Response from YouTube I received today:

<div style="font-family:arial, Arial, sans-serif;">
Thank you for submitting your video appeal to YouTube. After further review, we've determined that your video doesn't violate our Community Guidelines. Your video has been reinstated and your account is in good standing.
Sincerely,
— The YouTube Team
</div>
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

UTA IS ALIVE AND WELL
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/k1rXk90dkso' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://youtu.be/k1rXk90dkso</a>
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I heard she got a very warm welcome on the live... So happy for her. She's beautiful. I'm honestly just so happy to see her happy.

I just hope this isn't some set-up by her mom to make her debut as an independent idol or something lmaoooo

EDIT: Luckily she did say in the live that she hasn't given any thought on returning to the entertainment world. She's been super happy just living a normal life. Sounds like she just had her school festival recently. Some people did seem to suggest she should do Youtube, but she said she doesn't think she's popular enough for it... lmaooo little does she know Utahell.

-She got asked where overseas she'd like the travel, she answered: Italy and Hawaii... but she doesn't have the money for it lolol. She wants to go to Italy cause she has a little Italian in her, her mom is 1/4 Italian, so she's 1/8th Italian.
-She's not in any school clubs at the moment
-She's super super close with her mom
-Hasn't really grown in height since we last saw her
-She really likes PuchiPura
-Not dating anyone at the moment
-She still sends other members messages on their birthday and things like that (but it doesn't seem she keeps in touch too much beyond that). Except for Ozeko who she will talk to more often.
-***Why she left: She didn't have the physical strength to participate in idol life... and she also didn't go to school for most of her middle school.**
-A lot of people said she looks like Miyabi
-She doesn't go to concerts
-She has a part-time job at Famima, which is a branch of Family Mart (convenience store in Japan)
-Because she's worked there she's gained some weight... a whole 4 pounds
-She's been hooked on watching Youtube videos and playing games.
-(If I translated this correctly...) Even though her outside look has changed and people had commented on in, she insists she hasn't become a "bad girl," that she's the same girl inside. She just dyed her hair and started getting into makeup/fashion. (They had called her a gyaru)
-She still wants to buy a Switch. She also likes to play horror games.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Random list-making because I don't feel well today and need to do something with my time.

[spoilerbox]
So I like to think of Hello! Project as having eras ending with their "all stars" singles. So this a list of the era (in my mind) when each major act ended:

1st era (1998–2004) : Morning Musume(1st gen), Heike Michiyo, Taiyou to Ciscomoon, Coconuts Musume, Country Musume

2nd era (2005–2011) : Morning Musume(2nd-4th), Nakazawa Yuko, Goto Maki, Abe Natsumi, W, Melon Kinenbi, Matsuura Aya, Maeda Yuki, v-u-den, GAM

3rd era (2011–2018): Morning Musume(5th-8th), Berryz Kobo, C-ute, Buono!, Mano Erina, S/mileage

and what's left is the 4th era: 

4th era (2018–future): Morning Musume(9th-14th), Angerme, Juice=Juice, Country Girls, Kobushi Factory, Tsubaki Factory, 2 new units?
[/spoilerbox]
Last edited by WonderBuono on Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

It's nothing interesting or relevant, but I have had Itooshikute Gomen Ne STUCK IN MY HEAD FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS. THE DANCE, TOO. UGH. Save me from myself.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

The Kobushi-Tsubaki joint concert DVD, "Kobushi Factory & Tsubaki Factory Premium Live 2018 Haru "KOBO"was released last month.

I've seen it three times so far and have just posted a review of it on my blog:

https://madarasjpopblog.wordpress.com/2018/10/10/kobushi-factory-tsubaki-factory-premium-live-2018-haru-kobo/

Some pix:

Last edited by Madara on Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

You wrote in the post that this was Tsubaki's first major live. Just FYI, their first was the "Tsubaki Factory One-Man LIVE ~First Blossom~" a few months prior to this tour, which is also on DVD if you want to see it.