Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Madara
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2020 ~Anniversary Mode~

Post by Madara »

[quote="TheParuProject"]
You wrote in the post that this was Tsubaki's first major live. Just FYI, their first was the "Tsubaki Factory One-Man LIVE ~First Blossom~" a few months prior to this tour, which is also on DVD if you want to see it.
[/quote]

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the correction. I'll look for that one.

P.S. I amended my blog post.
Last edited by Madara on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

In the spring 2015 C-ute concert, “9 10 (Cute) Shunen Kinen C-ute Concert Tour 2015 Haru ~The Future Departure~” recorded on June 11, 2015 at Yokohama Arena, there’s a final MC segment just before the last song, “GameshaLIFE.” The segment ends with them all smiles, but when the song starts, Chisato is crying and so is MaiMai. There isn’t a closeup of Saki for a minute or two, but when we do see her, she looks like she’d been crying also. Maimi and Airi are fine. Does anyone know what caused the tears? I initially thought it might have been the announcement of their disbanding, but that announcement wasn’t made for another year. Anyone know?

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I don't remember the concert, but since it's their anniversary concert it probably just has to do with that would be my guess. You get emotional when your 10 year anniversary concert ends. I couldn't tell ya unless I saw a video of the MC
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

You know your procrastination is at its worst when you would rather watch a video on H!P T-shirts instead of getting ready for work but goodness these are bad. The fact that UF is proudly promoting these is cracking me up.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

...I didn't know they were official. Wow.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Wow it's an all time low. Bring back the color tshirts! 
(or hire me damn)
Last edited by AquaChan on Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

The thing is, the concept isn't THAT bad. A bunch of throwback items in different member colors is a cool idea.

But the execution is laughable. Absolutely laughable.

Plus they only have 4 colors loooollllll
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

If this is actually their name, I'm not following them:
<p class="bbc_center">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^^ It's the colozrs they used for Yeahx3 so...

But the font. Why would anyone put a font over the design like this in 2018?
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Live performance vs. DVD question:

I saw Manaka Inaba perform "Midnight Temptation" with Ichioka, Takase and Kiyono last spring at Hina Fes. Manaka sounded off-key to me--in all four performances.

Last night I watched the DVD of the Morning Musume Premium from the event and she sounds just fine.

Was it a problem with the audio on her mike or in the venue? I find that hard to believe, because they would have corrected it after the first performance and, besides, everyone else sounded fine.

Did they tweak it in post-production or simply re-record it and dub it over?

Anyone?

Thanks.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

They definitely did some post-production editing to her mic feed, which is pretty common for H!P home releases. With the abundance of concerts getting streamed on tv these days, there are many opportunities hear the difference between the live airing of the concert and the following bluray. I think generally, the only releases you can expect the audio to go untouched on are either FC releases (birthday events, bus tours, etc.) or DVD magazines.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I wish all groups could have their quality of vocals.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Also here's a few clips from Angerme's most recent concert, "10 People, 10 Colors" with a really fun mix of solos.

1, 2.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

I love how Musubu and Ayano just blend right in with the rest of them, they really don't feel like "new" members. Top tier H!P group right now imo
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Yeah Angerme is really working everyone they've got real well :)

If I can be honest, I'm a little nervous for when Kananan becomes leader next year  :confused:
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

PS: Here's a video of Sayumi performing LaLaLa no PiPiPi and Lonliness Tokyo
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="215745" data-time="1540519646">
Yeah Angerme is really working everyone they've got real well :)

If I can be honest, I'm a little nervous for when Kananan becomes leader next year :confused:</blockquote>

I mean we all know the title of “leader” hardly means anything in H!P so my own concern is less about who’s the next leader and more about the loss of Ayaka. I feel like it’s similar to MM losing Sayumi; they seemed to be having a good moment under the mentorship of a passionate and tenured senior and the spark seemed to kind of slowly dwindle after her departure... Angerme has a good foundation of talented and spirited members though so I think they’re gonna be okay, I mean I hope they will be? lol aaaaa
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I feel like Angerme will be okay but I’m not sure since I thought morning Musume would be okay after losing Sayu and I haven’t cared for them since.
Formerly Mizura
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I just realized Mizuki is about 5 months short of reaching Takahashi's tenure as the leader of MM. 
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="215768" data-time="1540678645">
I feel like Angerme will be okay but I’m not sure since I thought morning Musume would be okay after losing Sayu and I haven’t cared for them since.</blockquote>

I feel this on a deep level. I’m honestly trying to be excited about releases but it’s been bland lately. Oda is still entertaining to watch from a singing POV but overall it’s not Wow. I don’t know how to explain it.

ANGERME and J=J is where most of my attention is these days.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

Juice=Juice is my favorite group now that Country Girls is what it is. But with Morning Musume, I lost a lot of interest not after Sayu, but after Riho. (I thought '15 was actually a pretty great year for them.) They've had some good songs since then, but I just find them to be a lot less interesting live. MizuSaku isn't a very charismatic, engaging lead. And they're not even bad, they're definitely on par with the strong girls of other groups. But in a group of 12-14 people, those are the two H!P puts value in, and they're not near enough to carry such a large ensemble.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="TheParuProject"]
MizuSaku isn't a very charismatic, engaging lead. And they're not even bad, they're definitely on par with the strong girls of other groups. But in a group of 12-14 people, those are the two H!P puts value in, and they're not near enough to carry such a large ensemble.
[/quote]

Now that I think about it, I feel like this is a very good point.  Mizuki and Sakura are vocally okay or whatever, but they're just not very charismatic, especially given how much bland dead weight the group has right now.  They're just not enough to carry a group.  People complain that the Platinum era was boring or whatever, but I think you'd have to be in deep denial to pretend those two conjure something anywhere near the impact of the Reina/Ai set-up.  They're very bland, very safe.  Takahashi was very boring in an idol capacity (variety, MCs, etc), but as a performer she had a huge presence.  MizuSaku excel in neither capacity, imo.  I feel like MasaSaku would actually be much more entertaining to watch...
Last edited by Farrah on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yeah, especially since Sakura has a tendency to mimic the person next to her (like she did with Riho, at least singing-wise). 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Sakura and Mizuki are charisma vacuums, and as much as I like Maa, she's more of a wildcard than a personality you can depend on. The rest are straight filler. I've never cared less for MM than I do now. Even when I tired of the Platinum crew, there was still the realization that the core had talent.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

We're evidently seeing very different performers. I wonder how many of you have seen current MM live. They're all fantastic live, esp. Mizuki, Erina, Ayumi, Sakura, and Chisaki. And they're just as great in the concert DVDs. Masaki's probably better on the DVDs because we get to see her antics up close; they're liable to be missed if you can't see her well. The only one I have reservations about is Kaga. She does everything right and is always letter-perfect, but she rarely breaks character and lets her personality shine through. I want to see her relax a little.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I've only seen them live at the NYC in 14 and at that point I was literally taken by everyone except Masaki.  I know a lot of people say Sakura is lacking in stage presence and charisma but personally I see the opposite.  I'd say I'm biased but it's one of the things that made her shoot up my rankings so quickly after she joined.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

To be honest I think there's a big difference between an actual live performance and watching the DVD of it. I was amazed by Juice=Juice and ANGERME when I saw them right in front of me - granted, I love their DVDs too since they're good performers in general, but I thought that even girls like Yuka, Nanami and Kawamuu sounded great despite not being the best singers. Probably got to do with the whole atmosphere and acoustics.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="yuzu"]
I've only seen them live at the NYC in 14 and at that point I was literally taken by everyone except Masaki.  I know a lot of people say Sakura is lacking in stage presence and charisma but personally I see the opposite.  I'd say I'm biased but it's one of the things that made her shoot up my rankings so quickly after she joined.
[/quote]

She totally owned the stage whenever she was on at Hina Fes. The closest to a true diva in MM today, in the best sense of the word.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Thank you Madara for pointing this out. I wouldn't pick exactly the same members as you, but we agree that Mizuki and Sakura are great performers, with real auras (and Sakura can also draw attention just by her dance, she became so good at it). I would say you have to watch them a specifically during the lives to spot Ayumi and Masaki interesting moments, but when she is singing Masaki has also a very strong presence (and when she has the matching facial expressions, her dance makes strong impression). To me Miki can also be surprising when singing, and Maria has something, her energy, smiles and facial emotions gives her a certain kind of aura (when performing, not especially singing like Miki).

I can't say Kaga is a good performer because she lacks energy (her facial expressions have a role in that impression, but not only) and she often doesn't completely finish her dance movements. To me Chisaki also has the same problems with her facial expressions, a lot in MM., less in CG. (And Erina, Haruna and Akane are too weak in dance for me to not notice it.)
Last edited by Meikochi on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !