Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Madara
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2020 ~Anniversary Mode~

Post by Madara »

So I watched the concert DVD ofTsubaki Factory One-Man LIVE - First Blossomheld at Differ Ariake on February 22, 2018.

The last MC segment has all the girls doing their little speeches and when it came to Ami, she suddenly stopped speaking in the middle of a sentence, put her mike down and stared straight ahead. It got laughs, so I initially assumed it was a comic bit. She resumed speaking and then did it again. And then when Kisora, next to her, started speaking, Ami reacted by giving her little shoves, prompting Kisora to turn and berate her. I didn’t know what was going on, but I laughed. However, it may have been more serious than I thought.

Does anyone have any idea what was going on?

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

In the concert DVD, “Tsubaki Factory One-Man LIVE - First Blossomheld at Differ Ariake on February 22, 2018, Kiki Asakura disappears from the act at various points. She’s there for the key songs, “Teion Yakedo” and “Hatsukoi Sunrise” and the group MC segments, but in certain numbers only eight girls are on stage and Kiki is the one missing. Does anyone know why she came and went in this concert?

Thanks.

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Wasn’t she injured at that time and still in recovery?
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yupp, her lumbar disc was still acting up. She returned full time in April.
Last edited by DonJuan on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I wrote up my review of Tsubaki's first concert. It may be the best first concert by a Hello! Project group I've ever seen. It's short--89 minutes, with only 57 minutes of singing--but that enables them to keep up their enthusiasm and energy level without flagging for a second.

https://madarasjpopblog.wordpress.com/2018/11/11/tsubaki-factorys-first-concert-is-a-winner/

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Anybody from here, besides me, Kitaoji and Shoujo, going to Morning Musume's events in New York this Friday and Saturday?
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I wish ???? couldn’t afford it this year.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I'll be at the concert tomorrow.  I'm getting up at the ass crack of dawn to spend time with TNB and our other friend before the concert and then taking the last train home.  
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
I wish couldn’t afford it this year.
[/quote]

Same thing for me, freelancing life is hitting me hard, but I wish I could roadtrip to NYC like I did in 2014  :cryalot:
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I sure wish MM came to Europe again. But then again we got Anju and Juice so I should not be complaining. 
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Send Ju=Ju and I might've considered, but it just wasn't in my plans. But it's possible for me to go to NYC to see a H!P group, just depends the circumstances. So the dream still lives!
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

I'm going to the concert, but not the con.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]
I sure wish MM came to Europe again. But then again we got Anju and Juice so I should not be complaining. 
[/quote]
You got the better end of that bargain by far.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Yeah I would go to an morning musume concert if it came to LA, but I’d feel like they were sending us the worst group and not be as excited ????
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="215914" data-time="1542424751"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="215911" data-time="1542385918">
I sure wish MM came to Europe again. But then again we got Anju and Juice so I should not be complaining.</blockquote>
You got the better end of that bargain by far.</blockquote>

But you got MM. several times... I can get why you want to see other groups (even though you got BerryKyuu also a few times, and JuJu in a neighboring country) but still, we are waiting for the flagship group (I wouldn't want to curse myself though and make them coming the very year I am not in France.)
Campy <3 !
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Henkka of Wota in Translation has just started working on translating MM's 20th Anniversary Book and posted Niigaki Risa's interview. At some point, Gaki mentions how her first years were very hard for her and how she has only felt as a part of Morning Musume by the time she graduated.
Short recap: Back during 5th generation's audition an advertisement which had Gaki in it was aired on TV. Back then the MM wota still wanted MM to be a non-professional, all girls-from-the-street group and apparently some people thought she had "connections" and therefore it was unfair for her to be chosen as a member. Back then fortunately there weren't handshake events yet - or at least not as often as nowadays - but the internet was already a popular opinion-exchanging platform and there were a lot of people badtalking her. Even worse: There were people confronting her in concert. Booing her when she introduced herself. It is not mentioned in her interview and not in the follow-up translation of a reaction thread on 2ch on this interview, but I remember people mentioning signs like "kill yourself" and shit. 

Reading the reaction thread some of those assholes are still fans today and actually defend their actions from back then.

I mean we have a lot of shit nowadays too. I think there was one handshake event where a fan said something mean to Katsuta Rina or something. It's just so heartbreaking to read. These are mostly minors, kids, teenagers, and maybe young adults. I criticise a lot of things too, but I don't think I would ever confront a member personally about it. This is just a whole different level.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Gaki's a very strong woman. To receive all that vitriol just for having bad luck of having this unrelated ad you were able to appear in through your own work color some dumbasses who only wanted "purely untrained" girls into thinking you "sabotaged" the group is ridiculous... I love her outlook she had, that once she made up her mind, no matter how hard things got, she would never give up. She's a woman who could move mountains.

Yeah, I couldn't wrap my head around the wota defending their actions. See, I can understand explaining the "context" like that one wota was, however, explaining to defend and justify it is a whole 'nother can of worms. I always believe people should look back at their actions and realize why they did it, but still realize it was bad and unacceptable and learn and grow. Obviously those kind of wota have not.

I guess I just don't understand how people can so obsessed with a concept that is theirs and theirs only and try to impose it on everyone that they do such things.

Seriously, any of the issues with things being lackluster nowadays is on management. To blame the girls themselves on anything other than maybe lack of self-imposed practice for singing/dancing, if their talent is what irks you, is plain foolish. The whole point of H!P has been to spread love, peace, and understanding. I believe that is what Tsunku wanted, and yet these "mega fans" themselves can't even understand that.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

5th gen was actually the first audition I was a fan for, I remember that fucking scandal.  It was so baffling to me at the time and honestly still is.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

In case you didn't hear about it, on Sunday, the last day of Anime NYC, some of the girls stopped by a booth in the dealers room that was playing Morning Musume songs and they danced to the songs, totally off the cuff. I was there with Kitaoji and other friends and it was the greatest thing ever. First Sakura and Kaga came by and danced to "Brand New Morning" and "What Is Love" and the crowd went nuts. Then they came back with Mizuki and Ayumi and the four of them danced to "The Peace." And they all seemed so thrilled to be doing it, esp. Sakura and Ayumi. Their videographer captured it all. Hopefully it will be on the DVD.

The videos went viral. They're all over Twitter and Facebook.

As many great things as happened over the weekend, this was the best. Oh, and actually getting to talk to Sakura, Kaga and Haruna as they walked around the dealers room.
Last edited by Madara on Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

I didn’t know about the full extent of the Gaki thing at all. I find it so odd and such an overreaction. Expecting MM to be both pure delicate flowers with no exposure to the outside world AND this powerhouse girls is just so funny to me. Like, they are supposed to be these girls next door. Not completely untalented but just untapped talent. Aren’t we supposed to be along for the ride?

Didn’t gaki just do some kiddy modeling gig? It’s not like she was in a group before...
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^She took part in one advertisement, that's all.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

I remember people taking about that when she joined, but I didn't know it resulted in bullying and harassment.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="215928" data-time="1542645808">
In case you didn't hear about it, on Sunday, the last day of Anime NYC, some of the girls stopped by a booth in the dealers room that was playing Morning Musume songs and they danced to the songs, totally off the cuff. I was there with Kitaoji and other friends and it was the greatest thing ever. First Sakura and Kaga came by and danced to "Brand New Morning" and "What Is Love" and the crowd went nuts. Then they came back with Mizuki and Ayumi and the four of them danced to "The Peace." And they all seemed so thrilled to be doing it, esp. Sakura and Ayumi. Their videographer captured it all. Hopefully it will be on the DVD.

As many great things as happened over the weekend, this was the best. Oh, and actually getting to talk to Sakura, Kaga and Haruna as they walked around the dealers room.</blockquote>
How viral is viral? Because the definition of viral it usually millions of views in a short time span.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Saya"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="215928" data-time="1542645808">

As many great things as happened over the weekend, this was the best. Oh, and actually getting to talk to Sakura, Kaga and Haruna as they walked around the dealers room.
</blockquote>
How viral is viral? Because the definition of viral it usually millions of views in a short time span.

[/quote]
So maybe it's not viral. I can't count that high.
zlilzlilzlil
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by zlilzlilzlil »

So, Renai Revolution 21 became the most viewed H!P song on Youtube, passing the dance version of One Two Three...
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

[quote="zlilzlilzlil"]
So, Renai Revolution 21 became the most viewed H!P song on Youtube, passing the dance version of One Two Three...
[/quote]

Considering how many One Two Three MMD videos I've seen on YouTube, that's pretty shocking...

Any potential reason for a resurgence?
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It was already one of their most viewed MVs. Just kept growing over time, since it’s a classic.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I wonder about how these videos spread. I remember in my early years of fandom, the video that people most cited was "Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari," which had a subbed version playing on YT. And when I was talking to my daughter and her boyfriend about MM back then, my daughter was startled that her boyfriend knew what I was talking about because he had seen "the train one," i.e. Joshi Kashimashi. So I would have thought that would have been the most viewed.
Last edited by Madara on Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Well, that video used to be the very first one you saw when you googled the group. Now the first result is their official channel, so people go and view the new songs or ones they remember.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

True story the first time I googled Morning Musume it pulled up Onna ni Sachi Are (which might have been the most recent at the time?) and I hated the outfits so much and was so bored by the song I didn’t listen to the group again for two years.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU