Yoshizawa Hitomi arrested for drunk driving & hit and run.

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: Yoshizawa Hitomi arrested for drunk driving & hit and run.

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="JPope"]
Those are two deep, long bows by Yossi in that video.
[/quote]

I'm half surprised she didn't get on the damn ground, she was really bowing so deep. You do feel some sort of pity for those who give in to their self-destruction.... but you have to keep in mind she got LUCKY she didn't kill that person. 20/20 hindsight, so I'm trying to not let myself be too swayed by her being upset. She has the right to be upset and I believe she is genuinely sorry, but she's the lucky one in all of this, honestly.

And wow, did you hear that younger fan yelling "ganbare" over and over? That almost made me cry. Such raw emotion from a fan.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I’m not seeing a video am I blind or am I missing something?
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Surprised she didn't get a seizure.
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

https://twitter.com/themainichi/status/1068184084944437249

Apparently they're asking for a two year sentence for Yoshizawa.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Oof that’s really unfortunate for her especially since her child is so young. Not that her actions don’t require consequences, I’m just worried how it will affect those around her.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Keep in mind that this is what the prosecutor is seeking, not necessarily what she will get. I predict it will not be so harsh, but she'll deserve whatever she gets. 

This bit caught my attention, too: "[font=TimesNewRoman, Times New Roman, Times, Baskerville, Georgia, Hiragino Mincho ProN, serif;font-size:18px]Yoshizawa and two victims have already agreed to settle out of court, according to the lawyer." [/font]I wonder how much they squeezed her for?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Maybe the family just doesn’t want the attention a trial would bring since she’s a celebrity.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Thanks Jpope! i hope her husband makes enough to support them and she wasn’t relying off of her morning musume money...

And that makes sense Anderei, I would agree with you. I feel like a westerner would be like this is my 15 minutes of fame.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

According tothis Japanese article:

*Yoshizawa sentenced guilty
*Two-year sentence
*stay of five years

Also from the first proceeding on the 29th, she's officially unemployed (clarified in her opening statement). 

No mention of any fines.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Is that the official? I remember Alita saying the judge would rule and might sentence her to two years, I believe that's what the defense was shooting for.... So idk, could it be longer than that?
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I can’t remember is this her first DUI?
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

This article is dated 11/30, so it appears that Yossi is gonna do a 2-year prison sentence followed by a 5 years suspended sentence. I'm shocked she got that much, but that's probably because she'd likely have gotten probation in the States. I wonder how often Japanese prison sentences are served in full?
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="216121" data-time="1543550337">This article is dated 11/30, so it appears that Yossi is gonna do a 2-year prison sentence followed by a 5 years suspended sentence. I'm shocked she got that much, but that's probably because she'd likely have gotten probation in the States. I wonder how often Japanese prison sentences are served in full?</blockquote>

The 2 year sentence is suspended for 5 years. If she slips up within that 5 years, she'll serve the 2.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="216120" data-time="1543548115">
I can’t remember is this her first DUI?</blockquote>
Yeah. I’m sure she’s probably driven drunk before, but this is the first time she’s been caught.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="216122" data-time="1543555531"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="216121" data-time="1543550337">
This article is dated 11/30, so it appears that Yossi is gonna do a 2-year prison sentence followed by a 5 years suspended sentence. I'm shocked she got that much, but that's probably because she'd likely have gotten probation in the States. I wonder how often Japanese prison sentences are served in full?</blockquote>
The 2 year sentence is suspended for 5 years. If she slips up within that 5 years, she'll serve the 2.</blockquote>

Basically what I thought would happen. They probably took into consideration that it was her first offense and that she’s her son’s primary caregiver.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Zoe"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="216121" data-time="1543550337">
This article is dated 11/30, so it appears that Yossi is gonna do a 2-year prison sentence followed by a 5 years suspended sentence. I'm shocked she got that much, but that's probably because she'd likely have gotten probation in the States. I wonder how often Japanese prison sentences are served in full?
</blockquote>

The 2 year sentence is suspended for 5 years. If she slips up within that 5 years, she'll serve the 2.

[/quote]

Ah, that's sounds more like what I was expecting. She's real lucky.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="216122" data-time="1543555531">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="216121" data-time="1543550337">
</blockquote>
The 2 year sentence is suspended for 5 years. If she slips up within that 5 years, she'll serve the 2.</blockquote>

Basically what I thought would happen. They probably took into consideration that it was her first offense and that she’s her son’s primary caregiver.

[/quote]
It's better this way.  Any prison time after all of her fines and settlements would be punitive rather than restorative.  
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

A strong case can be made for the punitive here.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

She's genuinely so incredibly lucky she didn't kill or otherwise terrible maim someone.  The line between suspended sentence and throwing her under the jail is basically the fact that no one was horribly injured (so far anyway - I know really weird issues from incidents like this can pop up months or years later, hopefully that doesn't happen to the victims.)
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Hopefully she also had to go to court mandated AA, if that exists in Japan.
rikako♡eripon♡airi