Hello!News Network :: 2023; 25 Years of Noisy Girls!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Madara
ANGERME

Re: Hello!News Network :: 2018 Anniversary Edition

Post by Madara »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
ALERT.... DANBARA RURU'S BIRTHDAY EVENT WAS RELEASED...

Namida no Iro
KoiING
Motto Zutto Issho ni Itakatta
Uchuu de La Ta Ta
ROCK Erotic
Shouganai Yume Oibito
Hitorijime Shitakatta Dake na no ni
Adam to Eve no Dilemma

God I oshi-ed the right person. I really wanna hear her sing Buono's Ne~e Ne~e for that Airi high note...... Then my life will be complete. She's obviously a fan of classic H!P if she spent her whole birthday event on pre-2013 songs.
[/quote]

OMG, TicTac, I'm overwhelmed. Too much good stuff to go through so early in the morning. Are you planning to post any of these on FB? I don't want to steal your thunder if you do. Let me know. Thanks.

P.S. I watched all eight and I'm hard-pressed to pick out the best. I was most excited by Uchuu de La Ta Ta, the Taiyo to Ciscomoon song, because I like it when Ruru sings fast. She does that really well.
Last edited by Madara on Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Don't get me wrong, I love Ruru in Juice=Juice and I like that Juice is basically made of good performers (and once Nanami and Yuka graduate, good performers only), but I can't help but think how MM would have one less problem (a Sakura successor once she leaves) if they had just added her as a member.
Last edited by DonJuan on Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="216693" data-time="1547905413">
Don't get me wrong, I love Ruru in Juice=Juice and I like that Juice is basically made of good performers (and once Nanami and Yuka graduate, good performers only), but I can't help but think how MM would have one less problem (a Sakura successor once she leaves) if they had just added her as a member.</blockquote>

Yes...
Campy <3 !
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They’d never make Ruru a full front girl in MM. They can’t make photobook and gravure money off of her.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I mean it depends on what you mean with "full front girl". Sakura doesn't release that many photobooks and was considered ugly for her first few years yet she was up there, simply because she was so much better than the others.

(But yeah, I get what you mean. They've been going for looks and stories much more lately (as in, since 12th gen).)

In fact I went through a bunch of girls that debuted after Sakura and there's a lot that could outsing most MM-members.

Basically all of Juice=Juice except for Yuka and Nanami.
The current Kobushi members.
Moe, Musubu, Manaka.
Hell, even Ogata Risa and Kishimon.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

About Ruru being a soloist: Luckily it's still not impossible... just very unlikely. I'm glad she's getting a chance to learn stage presence, dance, and vocal accents in Ju=Ju. Not that these are things she couldn't learn a soloist, but knowing how H!P trains I think she gets more training in Ju=Ju than if she was solo. She should have debuted 2 years ago. She'd be so much further ahead than she is now.... Even if they just put in in Ju=Ju two years ago. She didn't grow that much in KSS, but has gone leaps and bounds since joining Ju=Ju.

My favorite of that bunch is also probably Uchuu de La Ta Ta. She'd rock any Taiyou to Ciscomoon song, and probably any Buono song as well. 

Ruru in MM would sadly probably just be a waste more than anything. Sakura was added after big-hitters Ai and Niigaki left, so they of course needed another power vocalist for when Tanaka would leave.... It seems management haven't even tried to think of replacing Sakura anytime soon, and instead groomed Mizuki and Masaki to duo with her/replace her. With Sakura still in the group, Ruru would have more than likely just gotten scrap solos. She also wouldn't have learned any good stage expressions like Ju=Ju has, and her personality would have been stifled as well. She gets more solo lines in Ju=Ju in a week than she'd get in MM in a month. The only way she could have worked in MM is if she passed her 12th gen Mirai Shoujo audition with only one other member, and they didn't add 13th or 14th gen for another few years.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Ruru would be better as a non idol soloist. Then she wouldn’t be held to the idol looks standard. She could be like Ieiri Leo who is not a conventionally pretty.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>They wouldn't need to make Ruru a "full front girl" for her to make MM a way better group. She could be the new Asuka who helps with the heavy lifting on vocals, while others the other idol stuff. MM needs singers, and H!P took one of the better singers to come through the KSS system in years and put her into a group already flush with vocal talent. It's frustrating. OTOH, J=J is fucking awesome, and everyone except MM is probably better off for Ruru going there instead.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I've been up on Ruru's jock harder than anyone not named TicTac, but what this set shows me is that she still has room to develop. Don't misunderstand me, this is really good, however it shows just how hard it is to carry a show by yourself. You can hear Ruru's voice tire at several points, and her pitch is not nearly as consistent as we've come to expect. I think Danbara has the tools to overcome these things, and that Ruru mojo still shines through in places, but this is the first time she has left me wishing she was better.</div>
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]
Ruru would be better as a non idol soloist. Then she wouldn’t be held to the idol looks standard. She could be like Ieiri Leo who is not a conventionally pretty.
[/quote]

While I agree, she definitely had the chance to go that route. She loves performing as a whole; with dancing and big concerts and costumes... the whole shebang. Because she was definitely able to be a soloist while she was still at Actor's School Hiroshima :)

If she made the decision to go this route, I'm happy for her. It could have been a lot less fulfilling for her if she did something like join MM. She can always be a "serious" soloist after she graduates H!P, which I'm sure we're all for!!

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="216703" data-time="1547953821">

<div>They wouldn't need to make Ruru a "full front girl" for her to make MM a way better group. She could be the new Asuka who helps with the heavy lifting on vocals, while others the other idol stuff. MM needs singers, and H!P took one of the better singers to come through the KSS system in years and put her into a group already flush with vocal talent. It's frustrating. OTOH, J=J is fucking awesome, and everyone except MM is probably better off for Ruru going there instead.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I've been up on Ruru's jock harder than anyone not named TicTac, but what this set shows me is that she still has room to develop. Don't misunderstand me, this is really good, however it shows just how hard it is to carry a show by yourself. You can hear Ruru's voice tire at several points, and her pitch is not nearly as consistent as we've come to expect. I think Danbara has the tools to overcome these things, and that Ruru mojo still shines through in places, but this is the first time she has left me wishing she was better.</div>

</blockquote>

I'm happy to see her struggle a bit, it's what she needs. In KSS she barely grew because she just wasn't properly pushed. I think touring with J=J is perfect for her because of how many concerts they do and all the stamina they build.... Her gaining stamina more and more could be a big key to her just becoming a true powerhouse. She strikes me as the type that needs to have a failure (missed high note, off pitch, etc) for her to improve. That that's the type of thing that makes her want to try harder--otherwise she's just praised all the time. Solo events like this are a perfect gateway to her testing the waters on having to carry a show all by herself. She cried after her first training session with a vocal coach in Ju=Ju because she just wasn't used to having to think of all the different aspects of singing (annunciation, rhythm, repeating things until it's perfect, etc.) But it was a good cry because it wasn't that she was hurt, just overwhelmed... which was a perfect push for her.

PS, here's her Romantic Ukare Mode
And here's her vocal training after joining Ju=Ju
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Since she is the one I like the most in J=J and by far, I am always waiting after her solo and I don't feel like she is getting enough to my taste (a bit like when Sakura had way less than Riho and I was just eager to hear more of her, not only a few big lines here and there).

But it is unlikely for now that Ruru will be getting more lines since at least Karin and Sayuki aren't graduating soon, so I can't have the same hope for her to shine enough in the near future than I would with MM. (I am not saying she is perfect here, she has room to improve, I would just be so happy if she was the main vocalist and really see her improvements on many lines, not only a few big lines.)
Last edited by Meikochi on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

[/quote]

Crazy. The first half she's a bit off and tentative, and then about half-way through something clicks and she crushes it hard to the end.
Last edited by JPope on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="216704" data-time="1547953932">
<div>

[/quote]

Crazy. The first half she's a bit off and tentative, and then about half-way through something clicks and she crushes it hard to the end.

</div>
</blockquote>

She may have been a little overwhelmed by the wota at first... Obviously this song is the one that gets them fired up the most, and she was definitely anticipating that. But you can see her waiver a bit when you hear them chanting her name around 1 min in. She said on Tiny Tiny that she was the type of kid who would hide behind their teacher, and didn't like doing things in front of others (lmao, performing.) So it may have just taken her getting used to the loud calls and activity from the crowd for her to truly get into the spirit. You can see her stop focusing/enjoying the crowd and more getting into her entertainer role around 1:28.  Plus those more powerful notes you get in the second half of the song are what she excels in. Which, again, is why I'm glad she gets to do these solo songs :)

PS; Her birthday is in May, so these are almost a year old. 

PPS; here's Umaretate no Baby Love
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Tsubaki will have their collab cafe in Harajuku for their 2nd major debut annivrtsary.
Campy <3 !
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="216703" data-time="1547953821">I've been up on Ruru's jock harder than anyone not named TicTac, but what this set shows me is that she still has room to develop. Don't misunderstand me, this is really good, however it shows just how hard it is to carry a show by yourself. You can hear Ruru's voice tire at several points, and her pitch is not nearly as consistent as we've come to expect. I think Danbara has the tools to overcome these things, and that Ruru mojo still shines through in places, but this is the first time she has left me wishing she was better.</blockquote>

It's about what I imagined. She's never been expected to perform solo longer than the 2 minutes she was given for the KSS tests until now. And we probably have a more pristine idea of Ruru because most of what we hear of her in length is studio recorded or live footage with post-editing on the audio. She still sounds fine, but definitely has room to grow.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="216697" data-time="1547934051">
Sakura doesn't release that many photobooks</blockquote>

...I said, and then they announce her next one.
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-10ki/en ... 21486.html' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-10ki/en ... 86.html</a>
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Another addition to Ruru's videos;

Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Juice=Juice LIVE TOUR 2019 ~GO FOR IT!~ Opening Day @ Yokohama Bay Hall 2.4.19 Setlist!

1. Bitansan
2. Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne
3. CHOICE&CHANCE
MC
4. Gin'iro no Telepathy
5. Ai Ai Gasa
6. Ai no Diving
7. Umaretate no Baby Love
MC
8. Borderline
9. Erabareshi Watashitachi
10. GIRLS BE AMBITIOUS
11. Fiesta! Fiesta!
12. Kindan Shoujo
13. Magic of Love
MC
14. Potsurito

ENCORE
15. Mirai e, Saa Hashiridase!
MC
16. Good bye & Good luck!

Manakan was singing with the group again
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

MM. is going to have guest act / opening & challenge act for their upcoming tour : <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.helloproject.com/news/9811/' class="bbc_url" title="External link">http://www.helloproject.com/news/9811/</a>
Last edited by Meikochi on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

ANGERME is coming to Mexico!

(September 7 at Sala Puebla, the one °C-ute had their concert at, too.)

Seems like Mexico is the new Paris, I'm jealous. Still waiting for MM to return to Europe.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

When are these groups gonna come to the USA :(

I'm sure it's cheaper to put on a concert in Mexico buuuuuut :(
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I just realized this group is now three times it’s debut size.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^^ I think it's not only the cost, but it's a lot more complicated to just hold a concert in the US. Like MM was almost always (or always? The New York concert was sponcert by Comic Con) a guest at some con. 
Guess it's easier to sell Morning Musume at a convention than ANGERME or Juice or anyone. Berryz worked, the only one that really surprised me was °C-ute not performing in the US.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Like wtf if Babymetal and Perfume can come to LA without conventions so can they. They choose not to come here.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="216930" data-time="1549397315">
When are these groups gonna come to the USA :(

I'm sure it's cheaper to put on a concert in Mexico buuuuuut :(</blockquote>

I’m sure there’s less visa bullshit too.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Juice=Juice & Country Girls LIVE @ Zepp Namba (2.14.19)

Opening
MC
VTR (Yanamin Slideshow J=J ver.)
1. Fiesta! Fiesta!
2. Romance no Tochuu
3. TOKYO Glider
MC
4. SEXY SEXY
5. Abaretekka?! Have a Good Time
6. Never Never Surrender
7. CHOICE&CHANCE
8. Kindan Shoujo
9. Vivid Midnight
MC
10. Synchro.

VTR (Yanamin Slideshow Country Girls ver.)
11. Kaeru no Uta (Yanamin plays sax)
12. Namida no Request
13. Boogie Woogie LOVE
MC
14. Itooshikutte Gomen ne
15. Koi wa Magnet
16. Koi Dorobo
17. Yowaki Joshi Taibu Todoke
MC
18. Uwaki na Honey Pie '15
19. Good Boy Bad Girl
20. Mousou Rehearsal
21. Rhythm ga Yondeiru Zou!
22. Onna no Ko no Toshirabe Time

ENCORE
23. Good bye & Good luck! / Juice=Juice
24. VIVA!! Barairo no Jinsei / Country Girls
MC
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

Uwaki na Honey Pie '15? Did they update the instrumental or something and I didn't notice?

Also, the setlist is nice enough, but awfully boring. If the plan was to have Nanami on stage the whole time, it would have been cool to have the songs mixed through the setlist, and not just split right down the middle between J=J and CG. Some subunits of J=J and CG girls would have been cool too. I mean, there's not even an encore song of everyone singing together, which just seems like a given.
Last edited by TheParuProject on Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Solarblade"]
Juice=Juice & Country Girls LIVE @ Zepp Namba (2.14.19)

Opening
MC
VTR (Yanamin Slideshow J=J ver.)
1. Fiesta! Fiesta!
2. Romance no Tochuu
3. TOKYO Glider
MC
4. SEXY SEXY
5. Abaretekka?! Have a Good Time
6. Never Never Surrender
7. CHOICE&CHANCE
8. Kindan Shoujo
9. Vivid Midnight
MC
10. Synchro.

VTR (Yanamin Slideshow Country Girls ver.)
11. Kaeru no Uta (Yanamin plays sax)
12. Namida no Request
13. Boogie Woogie LOVE
MC
14. Itooshikutte Gomen ne
15. Koi wa Magnet
16. Koi Dorobo
17. Yowaki Joshi Taibu Todoke
MC
18. Uwaki na Honey Pie '15
19. Good Boy Bad Girl
20. Mousou Rehearsal
21. Rhythm ga Yondeiru Zou!
22. Onna no Ko no Toshirabe Time

ENCORE
23. Good bye & Good luck! / Juice=Juice
24. VIVA!! Barairo no Jinsei / Country Girls
MC
[/quote]

Will this come out on disc?
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="216985" data-time="1550224340">Will this come out on disc?</blockquote>

The second concert on 03/11 is Nanami's graduation live. You can definitely expect to see that released, I'm sure.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Setlist for ANGERME Live Tour Spring 2019 ~Rinnetenshou~ @ Yokohama Bay Hall 2/17

1. Taikibansei
2. Gashinshoutan
3. Desugita Kui wa Utarenai
MC / Nakanishi
4. Tsugitsugi Zokuzoku
5. Itoshima Distance
6. Wasurete Ageru
MC / Ise, Oota, Nakanishi
7. Umaku Ienai
8. Ai Sae Areba Nanni mo Iranai
9. Kimi Dake ja nai sa...friends
MC
10. Manner Mode
11. Nakanai ze...Kyoukan Sagi

ENCORE
12. Tade Kuu Mushi mo Like it!
MC / Nakanishi (Announcement of ANGERME's final @ Budokan on 6/18 will also be Ayacho's graduation)
13. 46okunen LOVE

============================

Setlist for Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Morning Musume '19 Dinner Show "Happy Night" @ Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa 2/17

(Ayumi was injured, so she was walking and not running around)

1. Morning Coffee
2. Jiyuu na Kuni Dakara
3. Sexy Cat no Enzetsu
4. One Two Three
5. Help me!!
6. Renai Revolution 21
7. Tsumetai Kaze no Kataomoi (TYPE B)
8. Ame no Furanai Hoshi de wa Aisenai Darou?
9. Yuugure wa Ameagari
10. Furari Ginza
11. Jealousy Jealousy
12. Are you Happy?
13. Happy Night
14. What is LOVE?
15. ENDLESS SKY
16. LOVE Machine
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Entame magazine reports that Tower Records Shinjuku will be opening up a new floor (10th floor) dedicated to Vinyl records "TOWER VINYL SHINJUKU" on March 21st. They will have over 70,000 records in stock.

To commemorate the opening, they will be releasing a series of limited analog vinyls as part their "TOWER VINYL Analogization Project". Any music genre, regardless of Japanese or Western, they will take past masterpiece releases and turn them into vinyl analog.

Their first series "Hello Pro Analogization Project" will be Morning Musume's "Second Morning" album, "4th Ikimasshoi!" album, and Tanpopo's "Tanpopo 1" album

From Mr. A