Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2020 ~Anniversary Mode~

Post by Zoe »

After reading all of these interviews (including previous ones), it really strikes me just how much Tsunku really wanted Reina in the group :lol:
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
I was under the impression that he still communicated via email or video chat, but her saying she’s never learned from him... makes me wonder if he’s more detached from it than I thought.
[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I was hoping for too. 

^^I agree that this very strict hierarchy thing is pretty iffy. Morning Musume is also the only H!P group with this strict sense of hierarchy. I guess it's because they're the original generational group, while every other addition was more of a "we don't want them to break up so we're going to add more girls" (looking at you, Juice). 
I think it was Takahashi that tried to keep the group more lax, the no-rivalry thing aside, as she wanted everyone to call her Ai-chan, even the newest/youngest members. And the age difference between Takahashi and Linlin 5 years, while it's 6 years between Mizuki and Akane. I wouldn't mind for them to be a bit more relaxed with it, honestly. ANGERME is a lot of fun because members from 3rd gen downwards can step up and steal the show without any consequences. 

That's why I liked Yokoyan's attempts to step up. I think it was the music show with Becky where she interrupted Harunan and/or made fun of her? That might've been rude for Japanese viewers but is it more rude than Masaki looking like she wants to kill everyone in the room? lol (I guess yeah, it is.)
Last edited by DonJuan on Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Zoe"]
After reading all of these interviews (including previous ones), it really strikes me just how much Tsunku really wanted Reina in the group :lol:
[/quote]

Which one? Tanaka or Yokoyama?
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="216890" data-time="1549058981"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="216881" data-time="1549035157">
After reading all of these interviews (including previous ones), it really strikes me just how much Tsunku really wanted Reina in the group :lol:</blockquote>

Which one? Tanaka or Yokoyama?</blockquote>
Tanaka
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

All of those interviews are surprisingly revealing. Tanaka's openness about how much personal ambition drove her in MM honestly makes me like her more. 
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="216892" data-time="1549075042">
All of those interviews are surprisingly revealing. Tanaka's openness about how much personal ambition drove her in MM honestly makes me like her more.</blockquote>

I’ve always had a love-hate relationship with her; I was very inspired by and enamored with her as a young teen and as a young adult I felt very bored and annoyed by how saturated everything was by her presence and yet how little she appeared to change (i made my avatar at the peak of my omg-get-her-out moment like 8 years ago, i should probably change it lol). Now in my late twenties I have a genuine appreciation for her ambition and confidence to do and be what she wanted to.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I decided to go to Japan earlier than planned this year, so I might be able to go to the last day of Morning Musume’s spring tour, which would be my first concert in Japan ????
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Oh nice! Please report afterwards!
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="216911" data-time="1549196343">
I decided to go to Japan earlier than planned this year, so I might be able to go to the last day of Morning Musume’s spring tour, which would be my first concert in Japan ????</blockquote>

I don't know yet if I will be going or not but if you want to meet for a drink during your stay, my inbox is open (it might be during my exams but we will see) ^^.
Campy <3 !
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I finally realized that Miki Nonaka's line, "Now what you hear is not a test," in "Jealousy Jealousy," originated in the pioneering 1979 hiphop song, "Rapper's Delight" by the Sugarhill Gang.

How did I find this out? I was watching the documentary about Fred Rogers (Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood) on PBS last night and in a scene when he comes to New York in the 1970s, "Rapper's Delight" plays on the soundtrack, the first time I've heard it in decades, and that line jumped out at me.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Hah, that's such a Tsunku thing, getting inspiration from 80ies (or in this case, late 70ies) music.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Ju=Ju's most recent tour's Budokan DVD must have recently released, cause this video showed up my recommended :)

Looks like a great concert! Set is interesting, well-shot, and the girls are in top condition.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

Waaayyy too much BEYOOOOONDS. I understand that it was good for them, but J=J fans are not by default H!P fans. I'm sure it was easily very exhausting to see them so much for a lot of people, as it was for me.

But the concert itself was great. The sub-units were great, and the stage set-up was SO cool. Way better than the 2017 J=J Budokan, which was really naked.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Ju=Ju's most recent tour's Budokan DVD must have recently released, cause this video showed up my recommended :)

Looks like a great concert! Set is interesting, well-shot, and the girls are in top condition.
[/quote]

I must get it. I love each of their recent concert DVDs.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Madara"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="216978" data-time="1550194265">
<div>

[/quote]

I must get it. I love each of their recent concert DVDs.

</div>
</blockquote>

Yes, it was released on Feb. 6. That's an amazing clip. It's the first time I've seen 8-nin J=J performing. And that's gotta be their best performance of "Magic of Love" ever!
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Some more Ju=Ju, they're on a roll! Here they are covering Resonant Blue and omg it's so great..... it's like plat era reincarnated lmao.
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Some more Ju=Ju, they're on a roll! Here they are covering Resonant Blue and omg it's so great..... it's like plat era reincarnated lmao.
[/quote]
Honestly I prefer their version over the original.

Made by Haru!
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="217037" data-time="1551040864">Some more Ju=Ju, they're on a roll! <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAGXtyATE7Q' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Here they are covering Resonant Blue</a> and omg it's so great..... it's like plat era reincarnated lmao.</blockquote>

I appreciate this line distribution. But Sayubee is the only one whose riffs sat well with me. Akari and Ruru were okay, but Karin's were icky, haha.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
[/quote]

This is the goods. J=J is probably the only H!P group around that could pull this off right now.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="TheParuProject"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="217037" data-time="1551040864">
Some more Ju=Ju, they're on a roll! <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAGXtyATE7Q" title="External link">Here they are covering Resonant Blue</a> and omg it's so great..... it's like plat era reincarnated lmao.
</blockquote>

I appreciate this line distribution. But Sayubee is the only one whose riffs sat well with me. Akari and Ruru were okay, but Karin's were icky, haha.

[/quote]

Not only did I see Sayuki sing Resonant Blue solo at HinaFes three years ago (and she nailed it!), but I even heard her rehearsing it through the closed door outside the hall about two hours before the concert.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

So the "Country Girls 4 Shuunen Kinen Event ~forte~" DVD has hit the internet, and some things to note.

1. The girls were wearing these cute outfits (ex: Risa / Nanami) that are IMO CG's best costumes since their slow-down, but the pattern is completely not friendly to being filmed. I'm shocked that in H!P's 20 years of video releases that they would have let this happen. :facepalm:

2. There's an "updated" version of Hajimete no Happy Birthday! that the original lineup of Country Girls performed at 2015 Hinafes that (as far as I know) hasn't been performed since that concert. It suddenly popped up at this concert. :tongue:
It's more electro-pop in instrumentation but the actually composition of the song is pretty much the same, no hella remix a la Morning Musume updated versions. Risa referred to it as a "special version" during an MC. I wonder if they're ever going to release it after they've been sitting on it for 4 years now? Missed opportunity for that super empty mini-album.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="216911" data-time="1549196343">
I decided to go to Japan earlier than planned this year, so I might be able to go to the last day of Morning Musume’s spring tour, which would be my first concert in Japan
</blockquote>

Officially got my ticket for MM in Okayama, woop!! We’re gonna try for Angerme in Tokyo the day before when they go on sale.

Edit: ANGERME IS A GO
Last edited by WonderBuono on Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I watched the latest Juice=Juice concert DVD, [font='times new roman', serif]Juice=Juice Live 2018 at Nippon Budokan Triangrooove[/font], and it’s one of their best. I have so much to say about it and a few questions that arise, but following the watching of it, I had one of the most frustrating experiences as a fan I’ve ever had. It starts with my curiosity about two of the songs in the concert, which I’d never heard before and thought were great: “Kindan Shoujo” and what’s listed on CDJapan’s tracklist as “Shinkuro.” Where were they from? Generasia does not have a tracklist for this concert, so I had to do some digging. Both songs turned up on J=J’s second album, “Una Mas!” "Shinkuro" is actually "Synchro." Why didn’t I ever get this album, I wondered. The cover didn’t look familiar, but when I checked my inventory, I learned that I purchased it and it arrived last August! So where was it? I had just reorganized all my H!P CD albums yesterday and I hadn’t noticed it among them. Granted I hadn’t been looking for it, but I’m sure it would have jumped out at me if it had been there. So I went looking for it in every possible place it could be. Nada. So I went through the dozen or so boxes where I put the CDs yesterday. Zilch. So I looked again, slower, just to make sure. Nothing. So the J=J CD is evidently somewhere that it shouldn’t be. But how did it get there? And how would I know where to look among the thousands of places it shouldn’t be? If it doesn’t magically turn up in a week I’m gonna have to reorder it.
Last edited by Madara on Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Update: I found the missing CD. It was on a shelf with much older H!P CDs (in between "Cover You" and "All About Tanpopo"). Why I put it there I'll never understand, because I promptly FORGOT I put it there.

I watched most of the Yanamin graduation yesterday morning via live stream. I missed most of the J=J set, though. I don't understand why the two groups didn't do a song together.

Also, someone on FB pointed out that Manaka's last single with Country Girls was Nanami's first and Nanami's last single with J=J was Manaka's first with the group.

Also, some commenters on FB indicated that there was bad blood between Manaka and Nanami. Has anyone heard anything like that?
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yup, there's been a lot of rumours. Most people talk about the two of them not being close, that Nanami's reaction towards Manaka joining the group has been cold. Also, Manaka was the only member that didn't hug Nanami during the graduation messages. 

There's a part of the fandom that really does not like Manaka. They gave her the nickname "yami daifuku" ("dark daifuku") - a play on her (positive) nickname "yukimi daifuku" (which is a reference to her pale, a bit plump figure).
The bad talk goes from saying she bullied Nanami to believing that she was never sick at all (Manaka had to quit Country Girls because of her asthma) and there was a more serious reason behind her graduation - bullying, not getting along with the other girls at all, or even pregnancy (lol). 

My personal take is that well, it's totally possible that these two don't like each other. There's so many girls in H!P - not everybody can be friends. These two were just unlucky to be put into the same group twice. 

But there is, of course, no confirmation, it's just rumours.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Friendly reminder that I’m going to my first real H!P concerts so if anyone is going to Angerme 5/25 or MM 5/26 let’s meet up :)
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
Friendly reminder that I’m going to my first real H!P concerts so if anyone is going to Angerme 5/25 or MM 5/26 let’s meet up :)
[/quote]

Congratulations! Let us know your reactions. I know people who are going to Yuka's and Ayaka's grad concerts, but those are in June.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="217567" data-time="1558434016"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="217527" data-time="1557800163">
Friendly reminder that I’m going to my first real H!P concerts so if anyone is going to Angerme 5/25 or MM 5/26 let’s meet up :)</blockquote>

Congratulations! Let us know your reactions. I know people who are going to Yuka's and Ayaka's grad concerts, but those are in June.</blockquote>

Yeah I’m so sad I can’t make it to the grad concerts! They’re both happening JUST before I get to Tokyo :(
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="WonderBuono"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="217567" data-time="1558434016">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="217527" data-time="1557800163">
</blockquote>

Congratulations! Let us know your reactions. I know people who are going to Yuka's and Ayaka's grad concerts, but those are in June.</blockquote>

Yeah I’m so sad I can’t make it to the grad concerts! They’re both happening JUST before I get to Tokyo :(

[/quote]

My friend Josh Mosby was at the Angerme concert in Chiba that had the earthquake and the announcement of Take-chan as new leader. Were you there? A friend from Quebec, Millie Ishidawa, was at that concert also. Do you know either of them?
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Yeah I was in Chiba but I don’t know either of them. I only talk to you guys lol. I didn’t even notice any other foreigners there.