The K-Pop Spam Thread

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: The K-Pop Spam Thread

Post by Shoujo Q »

Fin.K.L are reuniting after 14 years! 

Forever Love was my JAM! :D 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Holy shit, that's pretty cool. I was never a fan of Fin.K.L, but I dig seeing the trail-blazers reunite like this. When I got into Kpop, Fin.K.L, S.E.S and Baby V.O.X were the girl groups still in their primes. BV was my favorite of those groups, and is still my all-time favorite Kpop group. I really tried to get into Fin.K.L, but it just never happened.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I forgot Fin.K.L. was a DSP group. Sad how the company hasn't really had a successful girl group after Fin.K.L. and Kara were among the top in their days.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Reading this interview from the group the group Pink Fantasy (trying to figure out WHY they have a masked member but there’s nothing) and was surprised they cited Morning Musume as their biggest influence.

http://girlgroupzone.blogspot.com/2018/11/pink-fantasy-talks-about-behind-the-scene-of-iriwa-mv-fandom-name-answers-fans-questions-in-an-interview-with-girl-group-zone.html?m=1
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Thanks for exposing me to PinkFantasy, because I haven't followed KPop for years now. I can totally see the H!P influence in the music and arrangement of "Fantasy", although not so much in "Iriwa", which is the single they were promoting in that interview. I love both songs, though, and the PinkFantasy SHY song, too. This group feels like a concerted effort to channel 2nd wave Kpop without completely aping it. Lord knows they aren't aping the dancing skills! (Seriously, have dancing skills fallen off across the board in KPop, or is it just that the bits I've seen here and there the past five years or so make it seem that way?) 

Anyway, I'm intrigued. If MyDoll can manage to give them more than one release per year I might become a fan.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

If you want a group with good dancing skill I’d check out Itzy or Gfriend.

Oh and ETA Loona’s Butterfly is one of the best choreos I’ve seen.
Last edited by WonderBuono on Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Former AOA member Mina has been posting that the reason she left the group was because another member, Jimin had been bullying her for the last decade.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/119/0002412452

I did not go to Mina’s Instagram but apparently there’s self harm things posted and her agency said they were going o her house to check on her.

Also worth noting that former member Choa, who left a few years ago due to mental health issues, supposedly follows every AOA member except Jimin.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

If anyone cares, my current K-pop bops:

“Not Shy” - Itzy

“Back Door” - Stray Kids

“Helicopter” - CLC
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Did not see this coming.

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

JPope wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:25 am Did not see this coming.

https://twitter.com/kyungrismaids/statu ... 5574592512
Well, damn.
Minji is on fire!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Made me laugh, not gonna lie.
(Btw they're not breaking up, they're going on hiatus. And from the tone of it it's probably not a Berryz-like hiatus.)
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

From what I've read, their agency wants to focus on the members' solo activities for a while.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Hiatus/focus on solo activities in K-pop terms for boy groups is, time to enter the military!
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Arichii
Juice=Juice

Post by Arichii »

HYBE trying to keep their fingers crossed that BTS doesn't have to go to the military, as their stock prices are all over the place LOL

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/biz/20 ... 36319.html

I honestly think they should just go and get it over with all together. But if they do have to go I imagine HYBE will stagger the enlistments, can't lose all of their moneymakers at once...
Arichii
Juice=Juice

Post by Arichii »

Has anyone been keeping up with the craziness that is the exodus of 4th gen group members, to sum up --

Chuu was kicked from Loona

Jinni leaves NMIXX

Cube kicked out two members from Lightsum

Two members leave Treasure

Jieun leaves Purple Kiss

I think there may be more but those are the ones that happened the most recently. Jinni leaving NMIXX was a major shocker for me as the group is pretty new. And BBC really sucks, so a lot of fans are trying to boycott Loona's next comeback to make some sort of a statement to BBC so good luck to them.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I don't know NMIXX, but coincidentally I read that article just yesterday.
Apparently their members have been seen being together with 2 or 3 members from some boyband.
Arichii
Juice=Juice

Post by Arichii »

Ap2000 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:37 pm I don't know NMIXX, but coincidentally I read that article just yesterday.
Apparently their members have been seen being together with 2 or 3 members from some boyband.
Listening to NMIXX songs is like going on a rollercoaster ride :lol:

But aw man I didn't read about that, it definitely seems that she was booted from the group with the way JYP has been handling the whole situation. Maybe we'll know for sure in a few years... :wondering: