Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Madara
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2022 ~Love and Peace~

Post by Madara »

November 26: Mizuki Fukumura has been group leader of Morning Musume for eight years now.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Damn. That's long.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

DA PUMP's Kenzo choreographed One・Two・Three and performed it with Ayumi, Kaedy, Homare and Mei.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Kawamuu recording her lines for "Kuyashii wa" on the latest Upcoming is one of the best I've seen in a while. It's not just that Ayano has become a pretty good singer, but she's so into it here. Look at her expressions while singing these lines, and even for a couple of seconds after the recording stops. She looks legitimately pissed, lol.

Every wota has a thing that endears them to particular idols, and for me, it's stuff like this.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

JPope wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:02 pm DA PUMP's Kenzo choreographed One・Two・Three and performed it with Ayumi, Kaedy, Homare and Mei.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV0OffcqrmU
That dude's got some sharp moves!

Also, I can't believe Ayumi is already 25... and she's still in the group together with Erina, Sakura and Mizuki!
By now it seems to have been longer normal for members to stay 5+ years, than it was for them to leave after 2-3 years.
There was a slight shift in the mid 2000s to have 1-2 members stay longer than that and MM was wittled down to very few experienced members before 9th gen joined. I wonder if that's why they changed it to let everybody just stay longer, since they were afraid of another such case where there were just very few seasoned members around.
Madara
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

Post by Madara »

1) Whatever happened to the annual Petit Best releases? The last one I have, #20, came out in January 2020, three years ago.

2) Has Ocha Norma done a concert yet and, if so, will it be released on disc?

3) Does anyone have any idea why CDJapan isn't selling the H!P Summer 2021 concert, "Sapphire & Ruby"?
I asked on FB for another source for the concert disc and got a couple of suggestions, Sugaya and HMV, neither of which I ever used. I wonder if anyone here knows a source or can recommend either of those.

Thanks.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Nope, no Pucchi since 2020 based on my quick google. Can't tell you why they stopped, though.

It seems Ocha Norma had a concert from Nov 26 to Dec 19 of 2022, but I don't see any mention of it being released to disc yet. Since it was so recent it may yet happen, though!

Personally, I would better recommend using Amazon.co.jp. They ship internationally no problem, usually have the major H!P releases. I use it for Riho's releases if there isn't a bonus at other stores. Here's the listing for that particular concert.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Madara wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:37 pm 1) Whatever happened to the annual Petit Best releases? The last one I have, #20, came out in January 2020, three years ago.
Thanks.
I can only assume because it was the 20th anniversary of the series, and how large of a release PB20 2020 was, they probably just ended it there to be honest.

If not that, I wonder if COVID had a reason because of the lack of releases that year as well (but doesn't explain why it hasn't come back yet)
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

MejraThea wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:36 am Nope, no Pucchi since 2020 based on my quick google. Can't tell you why they stopped, though.

It seems Ocha Norma had a concert from Nov 26 to Dec 19 of 2022, but I don't see any mention of it being released to disc yet. Since it was so recent it may yet happen, though!

Personally, I would better recommend using Amazon.co.jp. They ship internationally no problem, usually have the major H!P releases. I use it for Riho's releases if there isn't a bonus at other stores. Here's the listing for that particular concert.
The only copies up for sale are used, one on DVD, one on Blu-ray, both pretty high priced for used.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

My bad, I didn't open the listings!
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

Doing major relistens lately and getting back into H!P and MM's modern history (god I love yt premium) and going back through the years, as a Zukki stan I thought she never got enough airtime, but Erina got/gets WAY less than her. Even in 1, 2, 3 I notice how uncomfortable she looks when performing - has she ever gotten over that "I'm really bored" look she seems to have all the time? I barely notice her in video clips until I go, oh wait where's Erina?
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Homare’s cover of Tachiagirl is so freakin’ cute!! :tears:

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

freezingkiss wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:25 pm [...] - has she ever gotten over that "I'm really bored" look she seems to have all the time? I barely notice her in video clips until I go, oh wait where's Erina?
Kiiiiinda. I think she looks more comfortable nowadays but she does have a heavy case of RBF. However she definitely grew into her looks and can use her cold expression much better now.
arcobaleno wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:44 pm Homare’s cover of Tachiagirl is so freakin’ cute!! :tears:
I love Homatan. I usually don't like cute voices but Homatan has got me bad.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

DonJuan wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:26 am
arcobaleno wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:44 pm Homare’s cover of Tachiagirl is so freakin’ cute!! :tears:
I love Homatan. I usually don't like cute voices but Homatan has got me bad.
Exact same here! I think 15th gen is amazing as a whole, but Homatan is my favorite of the group. She’s just so charming.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I don't like forced cute voices, but Homare's is so genuine that I can't help but like it. She's kind of wasted on current day H!P, though, as there isn't really any group that could exploit her voice and personality to the fullest. I guess there hasn't been such an H!P group since S/mileage became Angerme.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

MAN I've been continuing my catch up on MM (after only very casually following them since Zukki left) and holy shit. I love this culture of the girls staying for ages. I love 9ki. I adore Ayumi - what a powerhouse, I love Mikis "I know something you don't" face, I LOVE Akane!! I love all the members so much and I hope Ayumi outdoes Mizuki for tenure. Girl dances so amazingly and with such vigour she could easy go another five years.

Look what I'm saying is that if Yukirin can be in AKB at 31 - I don't see why we can't have 30yo MM members.

I know this is not a popular opinion but dammit I love all the current lineup so much they can stay forever. It feels so energising watching their performances.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

freezingkiss wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:15 am MAN I've been continuing my catch up on MM (after only very casually following them since Zukki left) and holy shit. I love this culture of the girls staying for ages. I love 9ki. I adore Ayumi - what a powerhouse, I love Mikis "I know something you don't" face, I LOVE Akane!! I love all the members so much and I hope Ayumi outdoes Mizuki for tenure. Girl dances so amazingly and with such vigour she could easy go another five years.

Look what I'm saying is that if Yukirin can be in AKB at 31 - I don't see why we can't have 30yo MM members.

I know this is not a popular opinion but dammit I love all the current lineup so much they can stay forever. It feels so energising watching their performances.
I'd like to see everyone stay on forever, too, but the risk, as someone here pointed out, is that the most promising younger members won't see any future for themselves and split while still in their prime, like Kaga and Chisaki did. Was the continued tenure of Mizuki, Erina and Ayumi worth Kaga's departure? I'm not sure. I'd hate to see Maria, Miki, Akane and, especially Rio leave. I'd love to see Rio rise up to become group leader of MM or, until then, at least the ace like Riho.
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

The main problem is the management don't push them. They've always been like this. Always giving all the lines to a few key members. It's annoying the girls themselves have to think of that. Management shouldn't set it up that way.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

freezingkiss wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:15 am MAN I've been continuing my catch up on MM (after only very casually following them since Zukki left)
freezingkiss wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:15 amI know this is not a popular opinion but dammit I love all the current lineup so much they can stay forever. It feels so energising watching their performances.
I wonder if these two things are related? Not that they have to be -- yours is probably the majority opinion within overseas HP Twitter.
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

^ for sure, could be. It feels fresh because it is fresh to me. I'm absolutely loving it though. Even the members who didn't stay forever still stayed a long time relative to previous generations tenure (eg Masaki, Haruna I). Have had zero disliked members since Aika left, and weirdly enough, revisiting Platinum era as well - i didn't realise she was so popular with Japanese fans.

Anyway, it's just been really cool and nice getting into this fandom again. I really want to fill in the gaps in my concert DVD collection now.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Questions about Angerme:

Who's gonna be the new leader once Take-chan graduates? Moe or Rikako?

Will Angerme be the first H!P group since MM to survive the departure of its entire first two gens?
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Kawamura will be the leader, and yes.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Oh, JPope. :rofl:

I’d have that reaction for sure!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

ONE PLUS ONE
Rio x 2: "Only You"

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

That was pretty good. I was surprised that Rairi hasn't done one yet.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

JPope wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:57 am I don't like forced cute voices, but Homare's is so genuine that I can't help but like it. She's kind of wasted on current day H!P, though, as there isn't really any group that could exploit her voice and personality to the fullest. I guess there hasn't been such an H!P group since S/mileage became Angerme.

It's funny because I think Ayano's vocals feel so out of place in ANGERME (her tone sounds more like OG S/mileage favored).
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Get this while it's up, because this dude's videos often don't last long. I grabbed a copy of it just in case, though. This is the H!P collab we've all been waiting for: J=J (Uemura, Ebata, Ishiyama) and Beyooooonds (Ichioka, Shimikura, Yamazaki) performing "Mugan Climax" with Honoka and Ichika on piano and violin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMhu3b_u-9c
(Off-site playback disabled by the uploader. Click the link.)

As much as I love this song, I've always been underwhelmed by live versions of it. I think the mix -- at least on video -- is always too vocal heavy, and for me this instrumental needs VOLUME. The mix here is way better, and the live instruments add so much energy. Who in 2016 -- even in the offices of Up Front -- thought they'd ever be able to pull this off with H!P idols?