[2023.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Machigai ja nai Naitari Shitai / Skip Skip Skip / Kimi to Boku no Kizuna feat. KIKI

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

[2023.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Machigai ja nai Naitari Shitai / Skip Skip Skip / Kimi to Boku no Kizuna feat. KIKI

Post by Solarblade »

Announced back in November and we finally got the titles today, this is Kiki Asakura's final single with the group

スキップ・スキップ・スキップ / 間違いじゃない 泣いたりしない / 君と僕の絆 feat.KIKI

Kimi to Boku no Kizuna has been performed for quite a while as well!
Last edited by Solarblade on Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2023.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Skip Skip Skip / Machigai ja nai Naitari Shitai / Kimi to Boku no Kizuna feat. KIKI

Post by JPope »

H!P's second round of singles this year was kind of a letdown, so hopefully this one is a heater.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Re: [2023.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Skip Skip Skip / Machigai ja nai Naitari Shitai / Kimi to Boku no Kizuna feat. KIKI

Post by Solarblade »

Some song info from the H!P Website

Skip Skip Skip - Lyrics by Kodama Ameko, Composed by KOUGA, Arranged by Suzuki Shunsuke
Machigai ja nai Naitari Shinai - Lyrics by Nishino Konnyaku, Composed/Arranged by Shusui, Albin Hillborg, and Anders Dannvik
Kimi to Boku no Kizuna feat. KIKI - Lyrics and Composed by Nakajima Takui, Arranged by Miyanaga Jiro
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Solarblade wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:00 am Skip Skip Skip - Lyrics by Kodama Ameko, Composed by KOUGA, Arranged by Suzuki Shunsuke
Kodama fits Tsubaki quite well, the last song she wrote for them was Adrenaline Dame. KOUGA worked on Ishiki Takai Otome no Dilemma, Hana Moyou, Yuki no Planetarium... so I feel this could be a melancholic song, even though the name wouldn't suggest it. Even outside his work with Tsubaki his repertoire is quite ballad/melancholy heavy. Suzuki is a long-time H!P veteran, having worked with them since MM's first album. For Tsubaki he has worked on Surface Tension and Ai wa Ima Ai wo Motometeru for example, but he has a wide range.
Machigai ja nai Naitari Shinai - Lyrics by Nishino Konnyaku, Composed/Arranged by Shusui, Albin Hillborg, and Anders Dannvik
Shusui is the only one who's done a lot with H!P before, and for Tsubaki he has composed Namida no Heroine Kouban Geki and Yowasa ja nai yo, Koi wa. Another one with range though, since he has also worked on Anju's Mirror Mirror and Juice's Va-Va-Voom.
Konnyaku is still quite new but has written Jirashite Aishite from Risamaru's album and a few songs for Karin's album as well as the single Nantetatte I Love You (also worked with Hey Say Jump and KinKi Kids). Not sure what to expect.
Anders Dannvik arranged Anju's Kagiriaru Moment, couldn't really find anything about Albin Hillborg. That one's going to be interesting.
Kimi to Boku no Kizuna feat. KIKI - Lyrics and Composed by Nakajima Takui, Arranged by Miyanaga Jiro
We all know Takui. Miyanaga also has some range, like for Anju both Desugita Kui wa Utarenai as well as Majokko Megu-chan were arranged by him, but traditionally he's more into rock. So maybe a rock song for Tsubaki? Considering Kiki also being into rock...
Solarblade
ANGERME

Re: [2023.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Machigai ja nai Naitari Shitai /Skip Skip Skip / Kimi to Boku no Kizuna feat. KIKI

Post by Solarblade »

Machigai ja nai Naitari Shitai is confirmed to be the leading A-side, small update, y'know XD
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2023.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Machigai ja nai Naitari Shitai /Skip Skip Skip / Kimi to Boku no Kizuna feat. KIKI

Post by JPope »

Damn. I thought we had a preview.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: [2023.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Machigai ja nai Naitari Shitai / Skip Skip Skip / Kimi to Boku no Kizuna feat. KIKI

Post by DonJuan »

MV for Machigai ja nai Naitari Shitai:

Marine is really growing on me.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Re: [2023.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Machigai ja nai Naitari Shitai / Skip Skip Skip / Kimi to Boku no Kizuna feat. KIKI

Post by AquaChan »

Wow, the new members did get a glowup for this release uh? They look amazing.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Marine and Yumi got Momo Kitahra haircuts, lol. I like that they added some body to Shiori's short cut, because I thought it was pretty bland up until now.

The song is pretty good, and seems to continue TF's transformation from overwhelmed girls to strong, independent women that began with "Adrenaline Dame," but this ain't quite on "Adrenaline Dame's" level. And I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I wish they would've left Ami's solo lines following the bridge untuned, or at least not tuned so hard. Aside from my personal dislike of the current-day obsession with making pop songs "perfect" from a production POV, a little vulnerability there would've been powerful and set the final full chorus up nicely.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

That wasn't a bad song at all. I liked it. My ears perked up with the amount of English they threw in.

It's nice that Morning, Juice and Tsubaki all have an English speaking member now. My senses really want something to happen with those three. But I'll just be happy that they use their skills in songs like this. I kind of wish they did something like this for Morning too.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

This is so fucking HAROPURO GENKI IDORU and I love it. TF gets surprisingly few of this type of song, and when they do it's usually an album track, which is a pity because it suits them so well. (I suppose you could say "Idol Tenshoku Ondo" fits the description, but I see that as more of a novelty song.) So it's great to see them get one with the full single budget and video, and even if the video isn't exactly high budget, it's at least similar to J=J's "Zenbu Kakete GO!!" in that it's appropriate for the song, looks great and is very vividly pastel. This entire package is really great.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I’m really enjoying both songs so far. This is probably the first Tsubaki single I’ve liked in the past couple years.
Formerly Mizura
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

PV for Kimi to Boku no Kizuna feat. KIKI

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I was expecting a Kiki solo track, so this caught me by surprise. Considering this is a graduation song, they held back on the emotion a little bit. It's definitely there, but it's nothing like, say, "Mikaeri Bijin." It's a really pretty song, though, and I think I'm gonna like it more and more with time.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Shoujo Q wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:33 am That wasn't a bad song at all. I liked it. My ears perked up with the amount of English they threw in.

It's nice that Morning, Juice and Tsubaki all have an English speaking member now. My senses really want something to happen with those three. But I'll just be happy that they use their skills in songs like this. I kind of wish they did something like this for Morning too.
I couldn't tell from the video, so who's the English speaking member of Tsubaki?
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Oricon 1st day sales 65,809 which was good for 3rd place. 1st place moved 850K, and 2nd was 132K, so TF never stood a chance. Still a solid number, and actually a couple thousand more than Adrenaline Dame's first day -- and more than the entire run of Namida no Heroine Kouban Geki (62,494) before it. TF is finally back to their pre-Covid sales norms.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Overall this is a pretty good single. I need to give it a solid listen though. I've only hit bits and pieces.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Down to 4th today, so no sales numbers released. =LOVE is at 3rd with 12.6K, though.
Shoujo Q wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:48 am Overall this is a pretty good single. I need to give it a solid listen though. I've only hit bits and pieces.
It's a sneaky good single in that I think the lead track is the lesser of the three songs. Skip X3 is the star of this single for me.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

As usual, Billboard numbers are much higher.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

First week sales:

Oricon - 77,489
Billboard - 99,816
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Tsubaki has really become one of their bestsellers, huh.