The BABYMETAL Thread \m/

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Re: The BABYMETAL Thread \m/

Post by yuzuriha »

Wait, did they confirm she's not coming back?  What the fuck is going on?  I'm glad I didn't buy tickets to Columbus....

/edit OK looks like they confirmed that she IS still in the band, it's still kind of bullshit they didn't make some kind of announcement about her health before the US tour....

http://loudwire.com/yuimetal-is-still-a-member-of-babymetal/
Last edited by yuzuriha on Fri May 11, 2018 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I took a peek at the Reddit discourse over this and my GAWD some of these "fans" sound like lolicons.  Page after page of complaints that they're not kawaii enough anymore and complaining that the girls are growing up.  It's one thing to not like the music as much anymore (I don't either, personally) but these grown men writing dissertations on why these 18-20 y/o girls should be forced to wear tutus and pigtails even if they don't want to anymore, or complaining that the back up dancers are "too masculine" and "should be replaced with little girls", some of them saying the girls recent costumes "make them look like men" (??? bitch where, they're in dresses LOL)...  it's just gross and transparent.

Ngl I lost interest in Babymetal quite awhile ago but whatever is going on with Yui, Amuse are... not handling it well, like at all.  Like damn, just be upfront - say she's sick and won't be there, and say it in advance.  This never would've blown up if it weren't for Amuse trying to be sly.  If I were a diehard fan I'd be afraid to ever buy tickets to a show again since they clearly feel no shame in pretending all members will be present for the sake of ticket sales.
Last edited by Farrah on Fri May 11, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Farrah"]
I took a peek at the Reddit discourse over this and my GAWD some of these "fans" sound like lolicons.  Page after page of complaints that they're not kawaii enough anymore and complaining that the girls are growing up.  It's one thing to not like the music as much anymore (I don't either, personally) but these grown men writing dissertations on why these 18-20 y/o girls should be forced to wear tutus and pigtails even if they don't want to anymore, or complaining that the back up dancers are "too masculine" and "should be replaced with little girls", some of them saying the girls recent costumes "make them look like men" (??? bitch where, they're in dresses LOL)...  it's just gross and transparent.

Ngl I lost interest in Babymetal quite awhile ago but whatever is going on with Yui, Amuse are... not handling it well, like at all.  Like damn, just be upfront - say she's sick and won't be there, and say it in advance.  This never would've blown up if it weren't for Amuse trying to be sly.  If I were a diehard fan I'd be afraid to ever buy tickets to a show again since they clearly feel no shame in pretending all members will be present for the sake of ticket sales.
[/quote]

I kind of expect them to not be around much longer simply on account of the fact that they are growing out of their gimmick. 
<p class="bbc_center">Image
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

RIP

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">Important Announcement from BABYMETAL

Posted : 2018.10.19

Thank you for continually supporting BABYMETAL. We would like to inform you of BABYMETAL’s new beginning which will be effective starting this month’s BABYMETAL WORLD TOUR 2018 in JAPAN performances.
YUIMETAL had expressed her desire to return performing with the group in the following months after last December’s performance due health concerns. During her absence, both SU-METAL and MOAMETAL as well as the entire staff team had been preparing for her awaited return. However, YUIMETAL came to a decision that she will not be performing at BABYMETAL WORLD TOUR 2018 in JAPAN and that she will no longer be a part of BABYMETAL. We thank her for all of her contributions and wish her all the best in her future endeavors.
This month’s BABYMETAL WORLD TOUR 2018 in JAPAN will mark the rebirth in which SU-METAL and MOAMETAL form the core of BABYMETAL.
We would like to express our deepest gratitude to the fans for the continued support and look forward in what’s next for BABYMETAL.</blockquote>http://www.babymetal.com/en/news/?id=28

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">A message to my fans,
    I am truly sorry for the inconvenience I have caused so many people due to being absent for an extended period of time.
    I have mulled over this over and over again but, I have decided to leave BABYMETAL at this time.

I feel very sorry that my decision will disturb the other members and some many fans who have supported BABYMETAL. I am further terribly sorry to sadden the fans who have supported BABYMETAL.
    I had the strong desire to appear on stage again but my physical condition is not at its best even now, and further I feel that I would like to pursue my dream, one that I have had from a long time ago, of going on my own as Mizuno Yui. It is these factors that led to my decision.
    I am thankful for the numerous and precious experiences I was able to have being a part of BABYMETAL. I always felt day to day that I was truly blessed. The live shows where we all smiled together and became as One were truly happy and enjoyable times.
    I will do my utmost best to be able to again one day meet all of you as Mizuno Yui.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the last 8-years.
    Mizuno Yui</blockquote>Amuse via reddit

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I have been expecting this but I'm still bummed.  I'm glad she's taking care of herself I just kind of wish they hadn't straight up left us in the dark. 
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I’ve been expecting this as well at this point. I’m glad I got to see them perform as a 3 person unit at least.
Formerly Mizura
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Why are they still together though? I can’t imagine Babymetal with just two, surely they’re going to add a new member?
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

There's also a new video out guys: "Starlight"

I wish the girls were actually in it but I dig the song.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Is anyone going to the Atlanta show by chance?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Babymetal dropped a single.

They'll be dropping an album in March.

Apparently I have them on my facebook feed because I get mentions every once in awhile that something was coming.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I actually quite like it, mainly because I don't hear Moa (I love Suzuka's voice but never cared for the cute thing they tacked on, sorry), which leads me to my next point: What happened to Moa? lol
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

BABYMETAL - Mirror Mirror

JPope
ANGERME