ANGERME

Re: [2024.05.15] Juice=Juice - Tokyo Blur / Naimono Love / Oaiko

Post by JPope »

Full "Oaiko" PV

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Finally listened to Oaiko and these are my first impressions.

It feels like it’s been sitting in the back of Tsunku’s drawer since the 2000s. It’s got a very early mid H!P feel to it with the rap and the instrumental. It’s more Morning Musume than Juice to me. The MV is kind bland and forgettable. They were trying to make it meaningful but it just came off half assed. I have no idea what this song was trying to be and it just confused me.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Shoujo Q wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:26 pm Finally listened to Oaiko and these are my first impressions.

It feels like it’s been sitting in the back of Tsunku’s drawer since the 2000s. It’s got a very early mid H!P feel to it with the rap and the instrumental. It’s more Morning Musume than Juice to me. The MV is kind bland and forgettable. They were trying to make it meaningful but it just came off half assed. I have no idea what this song was trying to be and it just confused me.
It's funny, while listening to this the first time I was thinking "that's very Tsunku-esque" during a lot of it, having totally forgotten that he wrote it. :lol: I really like the song, but the video is bizarre. It kind of feels like it was shot to be a dream sequence or something. It really does seem like they thought they were being poignant af, but so little work or thought went into it that it just feels weird.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

As much as I respect their vision for this single it's doing nothing for me. Sad.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

This single is basically the physical representation of how I feel about Umera Akari.

Another analogy I have is that feels like really watered down Juice. It’s lacking all the things you usually find in a regular juice. It’s got some flavor but it’s muted and hard to distinguish.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Oh yeah, watered down explains it really well. There's nothing that stands out.