Hello!Project Deep Cuts

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Hello!Project Deep Cuts

Post by Shoujo Q »

This is a thing on TwiX but I decided to ask it here and hopefully some of you will share your personal DEEP CUTS

Deep Cut : a song that is less widely played and less well-known than other songs on the same album or by the same artist.

What are your Hello!Project deep cuts. Songs that aren't played very often. B-Sides, Album songs, A single that's been lost to time from a group that's not around anymore and thus, never seems to make into the H!P Concert rotation as a cover for the groups there now.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Project Deep Cuts

Post by DonJuan »

I have not forgotten about this, but personally I've been pretty lucky with songs that I like being performed at concerts. There are a few of course but there's not exactly songs that never get performed. My first thoughts were

- Genki+ (was performed during its time though)
- Osaka Umainen (just doesn't work if it's not the OG line-up)
- Kaiketsu Positive A (just got performed at the most recent concert lol)
- A B C D E-cha E-cha Shitai

when it comes to MM.
For Juice I thought there'd be more songs but it turns out several of the oldies that I miss now have been performed several times until 2020 with the OG line-up, so they don't really fit imo.
JPope
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Project Deep Cuts

Post by JPope »

I love this topic, and wish I had come up with it first, lol. This is gonna be an ongoing work in progress for me, because I know I'll be reminded of others constantly, but I'll drop the first handful from the top of my head.

Baby Cry - Tanpopo: arguably my all-time favorite H!P B-side.
Hatsuyuki - Melon Kinenbi: The haunting B-side to Kawaii Kare.
Tokonatsu Musume - Coconuts Musume: This was a top 10 H!P track for me well into the Platinum Era.
Nanni mo Iwazu ni I LOVE YOU - MM / V-u-den: The closing song to both 4th "Ikimasshoi!" and V-u-den's career, I prefer the arrangement of the latter.
Haru Natsu Aki Fuyu Daisukki! - Minimoni: I think this is considered a 2nd A-side to Minimoni Jankenpyon, but was never performed live by Minimoni.
Egao no Date Saigo no Date - Minimoni: B-side to their final single, and the last song they ever performed live -- which was also the only time they ever performed it. The song's only other performance was by Shiori Nishida at her 2019 birthday event.
BE HAPPY Koi no Yajirobee - Tanpopo: This probably doesn't really qualify as a "deep cut," but it's largely been forgotten about, along with 3rd gen Tanpopo.