The Great Fashion Faux Pas Thread!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Falcon
Juice=Juice

Re: The Great Fashion Faux Pas Thread!

Post by Falcon »

New MM album cover does not fail to disappoint.

ImageImage

SILVER EXPLOSION!

Look at all dem shiny streaks~

Looks dumb as hell.
Last edited by Falcon on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote name='mia-p' post='60227' date='Feb 17 2009, 08:47 PM']Image

Image[/quote]

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote name='Falcon' post='60245' date='Feb 18 2009, 07:59 AM']New MM album cover does not fail to disappoint.

ImageImage

SILVER EXPLOSION!

Look at all dem shiny streaks~

Looks dumb as hell.[/quote]

Pepper Keibu, The Fail Edition

Jun-jun's hair got attacked by a curling iron pretending to be a crimper. Same with Aika.

Some poor horse is running around without a tail, because it's attached to Linlin.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
vanillacat
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by vanillacat »

Oh! I have a complaint - they have no idea how to dress poor Maasa. Either that, or she has no idea how to dress herself.

Generally, they give her tent-shirts or ponchos, or oversized things that look like they came out of a maternity store.

Or, consistent theme here: they give her shirts that have strange cap sleeves or, ugh, shoulder pads, that make her shoulders look even broader than they already are. Poor thing looks like a linebacker - and she's honestly not fat, whenever she's put in a costume that exposes her mid-riff or in an actually flattering outfit, she looks really nice.

I blame all of these clothes on being a few sizes too big. Rather than risk the clothes being too tight, I suppose they (and by they, I mean the stylists I'm assuming they have?) decided to just drape a tent over it all?

(aside: I LOVE Saki's outfit in the first picture, I think she looks gorgeous. Momo's cute too, but what else is new)

(Oh, and the satin-y one is worthy of a Fashion Faux Pas in itself - I think it's supposed to be pajamas, but with an elaborate [ugly] head ornament and some really curious looking flowers.

ImageImageImageImageImage

ZOMG NOT FAT.

ImageImage

I get the impression, looking through pictures of her, that it's been a battle - she fluctuates, and there are some pictures of her looking rounder in the face and a bit chubbier in the arms. However, in more recent pictures it looks like she's slimmed down some, I hope in a healthy manner. I want her to become more popular, I think she's vastly under-used.
Last edited by vanillacat on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image

lj | twitter | last.fm | pupe | tumblr[/center]
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote name='vanillacat' post='60318' date='Feb 18 2009, 05:20 PM']Oh! I have a complaint - they have no idea how to dress poor Maasa. Either that, or she has no idea how to dress herself.

Generally, they give her tent-shirts or ponchos, or oversized things that look like they came out of a maternity store.[/quote]

I noticed this too! I think they really do NOT know how to dress anyone heavier. I also think they are at a loss for real breasts. Most of the girls are typically flat chested skinny and then get all sorts of push up bras. But for REAL boobs? Aside from Yui who they deliberately sexed out, no one with a chest was dressed right. Instead of finding something flattering, they just dump them in tents. See: Yoshizawa, Kago Ai, Risako for similar problems.
Mierna
Juice=Juice

Post by Mierna »

I'm kinda bad at making any jokes here, so...

From the "Bon Kyu! Bon Kyu! BOMB" concert:

^ Uh...

From the "Wonderful Hearts Nenjuu Mu Kyuu" concert:

^ As headshots, I don't mind, but seeing the full costumes worn by Wonderful Hearts just looks wrong.

^ Wannabe rockstars?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

The 80s called, they want their clothes back. I don't know what it is, but I hate animal print, I hate it even more when it's all funky colors and matched with non-animal prints. D:

And uhm, Maasa has a new talent. D: She's really an alien.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Special Needs Tricycle
ANGERME

Post by Special Needs Tricycle »

[quote name='PQ' post='60518' date='Feb 20 2009, 03:30 PM']The 80s called, they want their clothes back. I don't know what it is, but I hate animal print, I hate it even more when it's all funky colors and matched with non-animal prints. D:

And uhm, Maasa has a new talent. D: She's really an alien.[/quote]

aaaaaaaaaaa fucking fire whoever does those damn things.

Pretty much nothing in this thread bothers me but come on, there are people around who would do that shit for free.