HANGRY&ANGRY -- Sadistic Dance

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

AEUGNewtype
ANGERME

Re: HANGRY&ANGRY -- Sadistic Dance

Post by AEUGNewtype »

[quote name='EmEl' post='70836' date='Oct 30 2009, 02:42 PM']I obviously had no good expectations for the music at all. I'm happy to say that the other songs are far better than Top Secret and Sadistic Dance were. I was afraid of the "crash berlin versions" because Angelia was the only song from the last album that I liked. But it doesn't ruin the song (or really overly change it). I suppose they are remixes by Crash Berlin or something? I haven't listened to the original in a long time, but (for Angelia's remix at least) it just seems like the mixing is different. Their voices are clearer and they either added some guitar or made the guitar clearer.[/quote]

The Crash Berlin remixes are made more Euro-Techno-whateverthefuck you want to call their new music to reflect the style of some of the newer songs. The new songs are pretty much garbage, though I like 2 of the remixes, still like Sadistic Dance, and The Peace has a few cool parts but overall just isn't very good. I kinda want to buy it just for the lunchbox, but not at $40.
cromartiedropout
つばきファクトリー

Post by cromartiedropout »

Listening to the album as I type this~

Mr. Monkey - Not a bad song, but not my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the electronica feel to it, but I just miss the sound that Kill Me Kiss Me had. It's a little goofy but it's all good. Funny thing, I keep hearing "Mr. Smokey", "Mr. Queen Bee", and "Mr. Baby" as well as "Mr. Monkey". Possibly references 3rd and 4th gen Momusu members? 8o

TOP SECRET - I've been diggin' the tune since the PV was released. Again, not one of my favorites, but it's nice and it'll definitely go on my iPod. Not as goofy and out there as Mr. Monkey I think.

Sadistic Dance - It's the same as from the single, so I don't really have any new thoughts on it. I liked it when the single came out, and I still like it. I'm hoping it will get a PV because it IS a single song AND it's the title track for the album, but since TOP SECRET already got a PV I doubt Sadistic Dance will at this point.

Lady Madonna - THIS is what I'm talking about. By far my favorite song from the album so far and it will probably remain my favorite unless The Peace manages to wow me even more. This really feels like it has the same vibe as the songs from Kiss Me Kill Me, but it still manages to maintain some of the newer electric sound they're going for now. Friggin' love it, that is all!

Doubt - This one's got a bit of a ballad-y feel to it, it's a little calmer than the others. Not bad but it doesn't really stick with me.

Angelia (Crash Berlin Ver.) - It's pretty much exactly the same as the original, only with a little bit of extra guitar I think. The original is better though.

Shake Me - Another calmer one. Probably my least favorite so far. Like Doubt, it really doesn't stick with me, only more so. I doubt I'll be replaying this one for a while.

Kill Me Kiss Me (Crash Berlin Ver.) - It sounds like the just took the raw vocals from the original and slapped on an electronica instrumental. It's funny sounding and the vocals vs. instru seem like the don't mesh well at all. Again, I'll be sticking with the original.

GIZA GIZA (Crash Berlin Ver.) - The best of the H&A remixes so far. It SOUNDS like a remix and it makes sense, doesn't seem out of place. It starts off acoustic (or acoustic sounding) and then gains momentum which I like.

The Peace - The "ho hora yukouze"s in the beginning and the choruses sound REALLY out of place. I was expecting louder vocals, with some screaming here and there, when I first heard the instru. The verses are nice though, I quite like them in fact. This could have been WAY better than it turned out, but it just kinda sounds like rejected Rob Zombie song. It DOES give me hope that they'll cover other MM songs, perhaps Souda! WE'RE ALIVE since that's Yossy's favorite song and The Peace is Rika's? But hopefully they'll do it better next time.

Overall Veiws - I like the album, and I'm glad that I downloaded it. It's not as good as I thought it was gonna be, but I set my standards way high since I loved Kill Me Kiss Me so much. One thing I must mention is that it kinda feels like a cop-out. They claim that it's a full length album, but only 4/10 songs are actually original to the album. The rest are remixes and a single song. Anyway, I liked the album and recommend that you check it out if you haven't =)
<p class="bbc_center">❤︎中島早貴❤︎
❤︎梁川奈々美❤︎

❤︎羽賀朱音❤︎船木結❤︎上国料萌❤︎段原瑠々❤︎
❤︎一岡伶奈❤︎高瀬くるみ❤︎野口胡桃❤︎西田汐里❤︎北川亮❤︎
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Post by tsukinobyouin »

I'm finally getting around to listening to it and one song jumped out at me right away - Doubt is pretty much a total ripoff of D[di:]'s Shiroi Kakera, which came out in 2004. Has anyone seen composer credits or anything? I wonder if it's meant to be a cover or what.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥
alita87
Juice=Juice

Post by alita87 »

I'm doing a song by song translation that I'll post a link to when finished.

But here a few amusing things that might bring more interest to the album.

Mr. Monkey is about two girls being locked up in a room by a very sadistic man and wanting out yet knowing they still love him no matter what he does. And it also contains a line in reference to the pudding line in Kill me Kiss Me.

Lady Madonna is about a prostitute. Not kidding. A prostitute ironically named after the Christian Madonna, which the song makes reference to. And the girls are singing as if they were a guy in love with this Lady Madonna and want nothing more than to be with her.

Most of the album proceeds in a story-like fashion, with a lot of the songs containing some sort of reference to the song that came before them. All have lyrics you'd never expect Yossi and Rika to be singing which makes it all the more awesome that Hangry & Angry will be doing a three city tour next year.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote name='alita87' post='72065' date='Nov 24 2009, 06:21 AM']\

Lady Madonna is about a prostitute. Not kidding. A prostitute ironically named after the Christian Madonna, which the song makes reference to. And the girls are singing as if they were a guy in love with this Lady Madonna and want nothing more than to be with her.[/quote]

Huh weird. Is this referencing the Beatles' Lady Madonna?
alita87
Juice=Juice

Post by alita87 »

[quote name='mEri' post='72089' date='Nov 25 2009, 07:10 AM'][quote name='alita87' post='72065' date='Nov 24 2009, 06:21 AM']\

Lady Madonna is about a prostitute. Not kidding. A prostitute ironically named after the Christian Madonna, which the song makes reference to. And the girls are singing as if they were a guy in love with this Lady Madonna and want nothing more than to be with her.[/quote]

Huh weird. Is this referencing the Beatles' Lady Madonna?

[/quote]

No clue as I'm not familiar with the Beatles' song. But this song contains lyrics such as "Why do I feel like something is stuck in my throat, is it because I'm staring up at the ceiling in an unfamiliar bed?" and "Lady Madonna, does this feel good?" A lot of these I didn't really notice til I looked at the lyrics on paper. Hearing it doesn't give the impression as strongly as seeing the way things are written.