Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

MejraThea
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

Post by MejraThea »

I'm glad she's so popular lately! She deserves it, bless her.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Derby"]
Kamikokuryo must be on of the most popular in ANGERME already right?
[/quote]

She's pretty popular. If I had to guess a top 3 though it'd be Dawa (Dawa is pretty much undoubtedly #1 and has been since the day Yuuka left), Takechan and Murotan. Probably then followed by Moe and Kana.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I think she may have surpassed Aikawa, not sure though. If I had to guess, this would be Angerme's popularity list

-Dawa
-Take
-Murota
-Aikawa/Moe
-Rinapuu
-Kana
-Sasaki
-Kassa

Aikawa has a lot of vocal fans if she doesn't have a large # of fans... I always hear "Ai aiiii!"
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I'd say between Moe and Maho there'd still be Rina. She's got a loyal fanbase, too.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Never thought Takechan (neither Rina) could be that popular. But I'm glad for Takechan if she is.
Campy <3 !
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The people love Takechan. 
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

The people do.  :thumbsup:
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

For most of S/mileage 6nin it was something like

Dawa > Maro > Takechan > the other 3 2nd gen members

If I remember correctly it took some time for the wota to get warm with Meimi, too, but towards the end she was probably right behind Takechan. Rina was something like a secret weapon in the beginning and probably more popular than the other two, but since she never really broke out she couldn't become more popular. Kana, however, grew quite nicely and had the whole Yattaruchan thing around her. Towards the end I'd say it was Takechan > Meimi > Kana > Rina. Could be wrong about the last two though, lots of people thought Kana looked weird.

3rd gen came with a bang, and Rikako had really loud fans, especially in the beginning (especially those that were angry that she didn't make it into MM...). However, Maho is somewhat around Rina/Kana I think, maybe lower, and it's the same with Rikako - the hype around her cooled down quite quickly. Only Murotan really made her way up, but then again she was one of the really popular KSS (with a more... solid base than Rikako) and she probably got the biggest push, being one of the main vocalists from the very beginning etc.

Moe was definitely popular from the very beginning. I mean she's really cute and tiny, something the wota love, and she's talented. The only negative thing that I've heard about her is that she's somewhat more tan than others - but honestly, that didn't bother with Dawa either.

In my opinion Kassa hasn't gotten as much exposure as Moe. I could be wrong, but the surprise with her addition wasn't taken as well (especially because some people thought she would replace Meimi despite not being as vocally talented, compared to Moe/Maro). But hey, she's young. Compared to the other members she's basically a baby.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Kana and Rina both got a lot of shit for their looks early on, and they were aware of it. They've talked about having read the comments online about it before. Rina is a lot like Rikako. Her fanbase is very vocal, but it's not actually very large, and in the very beginning was probably nearly nonexistent. That and most people tend to love Rina or barely acknowledge that she exists at all. Kana's fanbase has grown more than her's has over the years, probably because she's a good speaker and fit more into the hyper and quirky S/mileage thing more than Rina did (although Rina is pretty funny, albeit not intentionally). Rina's looks are probably still a big point against her in most peoples eyes, even if it's never really explicitly talked about. Let's be real though, 2nd gen were probably one of the roughest looking gens ever at debut, even if they've all turned out okay.

Murotan was always at the top of the kenshuusei and once Tanabe left, her and Ayano were the top two. Maho and Rikako never stood a chance against her and probably never will. They're both girls who will have to wait until the more popular/talented people leave before they get to truly start leading things. I know they have a few a-sides they're prominent on but I don't see them ever getting vocal prominence on the main a-sides until they're the more senior members, even though you can tell management likes them both. Momona did win the fan vote at the kenshuusei recital before she was added, so I wouldn't say she's disliked, but I think UFP just wanted to debut her and decided Angerme was the best place. But didn't have a plan for her beyond that. Not that they need to, like you said she's really young, having just turned 13. The next youngest is Rikako and she's two and a half years older than Momona is. They have put her on that radio show with Moe and Maho, and they sent her to the Sashihara show with Takechan and Murotan and she did pretty well and got a decent amount of screen time.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Thanks for my monthly reminder that Kassa even exists....
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I'd forgive you for forgetting they all exist since as a whole the group is doing a whole lot of nothing at the moment.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

I like to shorten Kasahara Momona's name as Kasmo (read: Cosmo). That's... about the most interesting thing I have to say about her.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

How can Kasahara be 13 years old? She looks at least 2 years older, she also looks a little taller than most of the members.
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Her age is more obvious in motion. You can tell she's young in videos, imo.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

When I went to an angerme concert last year, I was surprised at the ranking of the girls. Dawa, Take, and Murota were the three top but Moe and Maho was pretty popular as well. And Rina was middle. Risako and Kana were the two bottom. I don't know where Meimi would've fallen normally since it was her graduation concert. I feel like Rina was more popular though.

This is all from cheers and glowsticks :lol:
Last edited by Purin-chama on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Myst"]
When I went to an angerme concert last year, I was surprised at the ranking of the girls. Dawa, Take, and Murota were the three top but Moe and Maho was pretty popular as well. And Rina was middle. Risako and Kana were the two bottom. I don't know where Meimi would've fallen normally since it was her graduation concert. I feel like Rina was more popular though.

This is all from cheers and glowsticks :lol:
[/quote]

Yeah, like I said Aiai at the very least has vocal fans... I feel like I'm always hearing an "Ai Aiiiiiiii" every time she performs lol. Rikako, while she has all the makings of an ace, does seem to be lower on the totem pole of popularity. Kind of sad, but I don't see very many people that devote themselves to being her fan exclusively... Though I think most fans would agree she talented in numerous areas. I just think she doesn't attract hardcore fans.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, anyone who would be really into her would be someone who doesn't spend a lot of money. Plus, I get vibes that management doesn't have much faith in her outside of dancing and being a pretty face. And even then they aren't really shoving gravure shots of her into our faces every month, maybe because she isn't traditionally idol looking enough, and Seventeen Magazine is nice but falls into my first sentence in that it doesn't give her the fans she needs. She had that one solo variety appearance right after debuting, she blew it, and then they basically said 'fuck it' and haven't given her any worthwhile tv exposure since.

I think if she was able to sing it would help her a lot because then they could give her more singing time. Which would translate to more screen time (although she still gets plenty) and more time spent up front during performances.

Edit: I meant to post this, here's a video of Kana/Take/Rina performing Naze Hito wa Arasoun Darou? from what I believe was their anniversary FC event last year. They had an event and then day 2 was Momona's intro thing so I'm not 100% on which this is from.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

What happened that she blew her solo appearance?  :o I'm curious to hear the story behind that, I didn't know of it.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She had a very narrow time slot and was supposed to break an egg. She messes it up and starts begging for more time so she can try again. Nothing crazy bad like she had a meltdown or anything, but to do that while still filming is pretty unprofessional and it means she started taking up time that wasn't hers. Granted, she was pretty young at the time, but even now I don't think she's really the variety star type.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
I think if she was able to sing it would help her a lot because then they could give her more singing time. Which would translate to more screen time (although she still gets plenty) and more time spent up front during performances.
[/quote]

See that's what I think if kind of odd... She's a decent singer. Not a Take-chan or anything, but steadily better than Kana, Aiai and Kassa imo. 
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She's also half-talking throughout most of that song. She's nowhere near vocal prominence territory with the musical direction Angerme is talking. If she was a 12th gen member we'd all be slamming her for her vocals.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
She's also half-talking throughout most of that song. She's nowhere near vocal prominence territory with the musical direction Angerme is talking. If she was a 12th gen member we'd all be slamming her for her vocals.
[/quote]

That's true, she is mostly talking... I guess that's usually how she does most of her singing too, though.

And idk about that, she's still better than 3/4 of 12th gen imo... We'll see how Akane develops. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, but Miki's taken some heat for her vocals too. The poorer Angerme singers are kind of getting a pass because they're seen as such an overall strong group. I'm not saying they're terrible but they're not really worthy of praise either. Out of the new girls who don't sing that well, I actually think Maho has the most potential. You can tell she's got a decently strong voice that needs some technique behind it. But now that she's having her personal problems, who knows if we'll ever get to see how she turns out.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
Yeah, but Miki's taken some heat for her vocals too. The poorer Angerme singers are kind of getting a pass because they're seen as such an overall strong group. I'm not saying they're terrible but they're not really worthy of praise either. Out of the new girls who don't sing that well, I actually think Maho has the most potential. You can tell she's got a decently strong voice that needs some technique behind it. But now that she's having her personal problems, who knows if we'll ever get to see how she turns out.
[/quote]

I agree, Maho has the best platform for growth and/or stability if she were to put her all into it... But as much as she loves Angerme/Smileage I doubt she'll push herself to improve her vocals a ton. I think she'll keep focusing on her personality.

Also I think, at least for me, I feel Angerme's worst singers are still good is because they have good role models and those who uphold a standard within their own group. It seems to me Angerme has a stronger check and balance between all the members than any other group. We heard how Meimei would scold Aiai for her singing and help her a lot with it, and she's grown. I'm sure the girls will do the same with Kassa. I don't know how focused MM seniors (the ones that can sing, at least,) are about the vocal prowess of their juniors. Mizuki, Oda, Maa-chan and Haruka have the right to scold everyone below them about singing... But it's kind of hard to take Erina or Haa-chin seriously if they, of all people, pressure you to work on your singing.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="204703" data-time="1485838556">
<div>
[/quote]

I agree, Maho has the best platform for growth and/or stability if she were to put her all into it... But as much as she loves Angerme/Smileage I doubt she'll push herself to improve her vocals a ton. I think she'll keep focusing on her personality.

Also I think, at least for me, I feel Angerme's worst singers are still good is because they have good role models and those who uphold a standard within their own group. It seems to me Angerme has a stronger check and balance between all the members than any other group. We heard how Meimei would scold Aiai for her singing and help her a lot with it, and she's grown. I'm sure the girls will do the same with Kassa. I don't know how focused MM seniors (the ones that can sing, at least,) are about the vocal prowess of their juniors. Mizuki, Oda, Maa-chan and Haruka have the right to scold everyone below them about singing... But it's kind of hard to take Erina or Haa-chin seriously if they, of all people, pressure you to work on your singing.

</div>
</blockquote>
I think Kassa will improve. She's only 13, and one of the youngest (if not the youngest) in the group. She has time to improve, and I think she will. Angerme seems to have a better track record with that than Morning Musume at this point.

Maho has been improving as well. Compared to her first single in 2015 to now, she's improved a lot and they've let her develop more of a personality as well.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Mizura"]
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="204705" data-time="1485838864"></blockquote>
I think Kassa will improve. She's only 13, and one of the youngest (if not the youngest) in the group. She has time to improve, and I think she will. Angerme seems to have a better track record with that than Morning Musume at this point.

Maho has been improving as well. Compared to her first single in 2015 to now, she's improved a lot and they've let her develop more of a personality as well.

[/quote]

Kassa has already improved and impressed me so far, especially for being so young. She was 12 when they added her in Angerme and is now 13.... Think back to little Duu! She's got great singer seniors that will point her in the right direction, including Kamiko.

She flubbed the lyrics multiple times on the video I linked, but her voice is much better than before. Memorization and getting over your solo stage fright is a different fight than a vocal fight. She did well imo.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yeah, I'm really not worried about Kassa, mostly because of her age but also because she already improved. And she was neber terrible to begin with.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="DonJuan"]
And she was neber terrible to begin with.
[/quote]

Well... this is just my own opinion, but I was pretty shocked when I heard her first KSS recital performance. To me, I think she started off pretty bad but improved a lot in a relatively short time compared to what she started out as.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Derby was probably talking about since debuting in Angerme. Momona was probably never on any international fans radar till last years recital.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="arcobaleno"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="204712" data-time="1485868544">
<div>
And she was neber terrible to begin with.
[/quote]

Well... this is just my own opinion, but I was pretty shocked when I heard her first KSS recital performance. To me, I think she started off pretty bad but improved a lot in a relatively short time compared to what she started out as.

</div>
</blockquote>

Before I really got to know the KSS' kanji names with their faces, I thought she was the rumored Yumei with that performance lolololol