Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Madara
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

Post by Madara »

[quote="aine"]
Chinami being interviewed in English

Is this new or a repost of a repost of a repost? I have a feeling I saw this a while ago but can't remember when or where.
[/quote]

She says "a teacher is not necessary for me," but she could definitely use one.  
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="184194" data-time="1424126852">
MM are going to perform on Sky Perfect TV Ongakusai on February 25.
</blockquote>

Full performance Here (DM).
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I enjoyed that performance a lot, especially Morning Coffee, although it seems like Riho's voice was not in the best position. Sakura looked really cute when she was singing, they all did they were all shining, and did a great job with both songs.

Maria also took some of Sayu's lines in 123.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I miss Kanon. I know it's not like she gets lines anyway but my eyes are always drawn to her so now I never know who to look at. Also, does Riho have an accent? Because she sings some of her words weird like her part in the a-i-shi-te-ru bit and also kawaii.
Last edited by Noa on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

It sounds like Riho has a bit of a scratchy throat is all.  

Sakura REALLY shined in Morning Coffee, love her so much.  And Mizuki continues to give off more and more of a Kaori vibe yet doesn't climb my ranks.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Mizuki and Sakura did really well... Wish they had done more close-ups on the girls who didn't sing much, though. I'd still like to see their faces. Oh well.

The outfits were *beautiful*, and the lighting and circle singing was just done really well. Once again, wish they had given some more lines to other girls but I get they wanted it to sound as best it could since the original ver. had very strong singers.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I thought the Morning Coffee performance was disappointing.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Yeah, Riho was definitely getting over some tired throat issues. She really pushed through and did her best to hide it on the really soft parts though. I really enjoyed Morning Coffee, I think Riho did very well. I don't like that Kudo was on 12ki level of lines, though.

OTT was OTT, good as always but nothing that stood out. Except Riho. I think all I saw was literally Riho, and Kudo. But mainly Riho. Bias is great.  :weeeh:
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

You could tell Riho was fighting it on OTT, too. It sounded like she's getting over a cold or something.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

I was surprised to see Maria getting solos in One Two Three. Mizuki and Sakura both sounded great in Morning Coffee.
Meekolli
Kenshuusei

Post by Meekolli »

It was a nice performance. I thought Miki looked really cute in her shot at the end of OTT and her dancing wasn't bad either. Ayumi stood out quite a bit in Morning Coffee, not in a singing aspect, but she just looked so happy and smiley I couldn't help but be drawn to her. I'm surprised they didn't use Haruka more in Morning Coffee, she's not a bad singer when stationary. Wished they used Riho a little less in Morning Coffee as you could really hear in parts that her throat was not in the best condition, maybe if she was taught to sing properly that wouldn't be so much of a problem.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Too bad that Duu is pushed at the back with the 12kies. But at least, Sakura and Mizupon were beautiful and got lines. Ayumi is really lovely when she smiles with this new hairstyle. (I know she did it one month ago but I didn't say before how much I like it)
It was a nice performance in my opinion, with very nice dresses and the idea of the lighting circle was cool.
Campy <3 !
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

So the girls that are in Hina Fest units are deciding on unit names
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/fxj98me1XqM">http://you ... 8me1XqM</a>

I want Ayumi and Rikako to be something generic like "Miyagi Sisters"
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Didn't Haruka get to do quite a bit of the harmony? The 12kies were pretty much only on the single syllable and unison parts.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

In case you missed it, Rikako is apparently really into hard rock.

There's a photo of her with her dad there. He looks like a really cool guy.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

That Morning Coffee live mostly served to prove what I've been saying for a long time now, which is that the current Momusu line up is probably the weakest they've ever had.  It's a shame; I thought Mizuki would be a much stronger singer by now than she is, same for Haruka.  It's really a shame Sakura and Zukki don't get more focus because I think they're both pretty reliable singers, especially Sakura (and admittedly, she gets a decent number of solos - but someone like her playing second fiddle to someone like Riho is very... Asuka vs Nacchi LOL)
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

And that's why they focus on dancing now lol
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Farrah"]
That Morning Coffee live mostly served to prove what I've been saying for a long time now, which is that the current Momusu line up is probably the weakest they've ever had.  It's a shame; I thought Mizuki would be a much stronger singer by now than she is, same for Haruka.  It's really a shame Sakura and Zukki don't get more focus because I think they're both pretty reliable singers, especially Sakura (and admittedly, she gets a decent number of solos - but someone like her playing second fiddle to someone like Riho is very... Asuka vs Nacchi LOL)
[/quote]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't impressed in any way with this performance. I thought it was shockingly bad, to be honest. Maybe they collectively had an off day, because it seems like I've heard all of them sing better, but even Sakura sounded bad, and none of them had the excuse of having to try to sing while dancing.  What they did have to do, though, is sing together and in harmony, and they're just not good enough to do that well. 

To say that this is the weakest group of singers in the group's history is not a stretch. I think Nacchi would would be one of the very best in this group, and that's not good. I get that dancing and making funny faces on variety shows is more important to some people than actual singing for these members of a singing group, but for me personally, it sucks to see them baby-giraffe-walk their way through a song that is both one of their group's classics and not particularly difficult to sing. 
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="185585" data-time="1425402337">
I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't impressed in any way with this performance. I thought it was shockingly bad, to be honest. Maybe they collectively had an off day, because it seems like I've heard all of them sing better, but even Sakura sounded bad, and none of them had the excuse of having to try to sing while dancing.
</blockquote>

I was thinking the exact same thing, but I was seeing so many people saying that it was amazing. I thought maybe I was just being overly critical.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="185584" data-time="1425398982">
And that's why they focus on dancing now lol
</blockquote>

Their dancing is fine, but for a group that seems to have given up on having good vocals and is all about dancing, they should be a lot better than they are, imo.
Last edited by Banana on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

From the perspective of someone like myself, who doesn't really know much about the technical aspects of singing, I thought it was decent for this lineup. I think they struggle a lot with older songs that require them to harmonize with each other because they don't do much of it as far as I can tell.

Also, that's true Banana about the dancing thing, but I think most of them have hit a wall dancing wise and aren't ever going to get better unless they hire some new choreographers to challenge them more.

I kind of see MM as a group that's just more on par with other non-H!P groups whereas they used to be on another level. They're not bad for an idol group, they're just bad for MM. And kind of in respect to the other major debuted H!P groups (imo anyway. I think C-ute, JJ, and ANGERME are all a lot better but idk anything).
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="JPope"]
actual singing for these members of a singing group,
[/quote]

You have to keep in mind that they aren't a singing group, or even a music group. They're an idol group.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

But then why bother even training them and trying to convince us they're really talented? Lots of idol groups receive zero lessons beyond the choreo for their own songs.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

H!P/UF does things different, it always has.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Thea"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="185585" data-time="1425402337">
<div>
actual singing for these members of a singing group,
[/quote]

You have to keep in mind that they aren't a singing group, or even a music group. They're an idol group.

</div>
</blockquote>

I was waiting for this one. Their existence, like all other idol groups, is based on singing songs. No one is expecting a group full of Maraih Careys or Whitney Houstons, but there is a minimum level of skill that should be expected of most of these girls. I'd say Nacchi level at least, with most others better than that, and maybe one spot open for a Rika or Sayumi type. 

Again, this is my personal opinion. MM has historically had better singers than this, and those are the groups that got me into the group, so they set the minimum level of expectation for me. 
Hotaru
つばきファクトリー

Post by Hotaru »

To change the topic slightly.... Has anyone ever noticed that Maiha is on front page of the school she went to?

http://www.etoile.ed.jp/highschool/

Just though it was interesting, heh.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="185548" data-time="1425363688">In case you missed it, Rikako is apparently really into hard rock.

There's a photo of her with her dad there. He looks like a really cool guy.</blockquote>
This is all kinds of amazing. :lol: I'll need to pay a closer attention to her.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="185585" data-time="1425402337"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="185552" data-time="1425372789">That Morning Coffee live mostly served to prove what I've been saying for a long time now, which is that the current Momusu line up is probably the weakest they've ever had. It's a shame; I thought Mizuki would be a much stronger singer by now than she is, same for Haruka. It's really a shame Sakura and Zukki don't get more focus because I think they're both pretty reliable singers, especially Sakura (and admittedly, she gets a decent number of solos - but someone like her playing second fiddle to someone like Riho is very... Asuka vs Nacchi LOL)</blockquote>
I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't impressed in any way with this performance. I thought it was shockingly bad, to be honest. Maybe they collectively had an off day, because it seems like I've heard all of them sing better, but even Sakura sounded bad, and none of them had the excuse of having to try to sing while dancing. What they did have to do, though, is sing together and in harmony, and they're just not good enough to do that well.</blockquote>
Hah, I watched it only after reading your discussion and I thought it was pleasant in its own way. But I'm a sucker for piano/instrumental arrangements. I could definitely notice problems with their performance, but they just didn't bother me in the bigger picture. Maybe because I was just so happy to hear them sing a song with harmonies and slightly more complex vocal line than just yelling everything out in groups or solo. :lol:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="185585" data-time="1425402337">To say that this is the weakest group of singers in the group's history is not a stretch. I think Nacchi would would be one of the very best in this group, and that's not good. I get that dancing and making funny faces on variety shows is more important to some people than actual singing for these members of a singing group, but for me personally, it sucks to see them baby-giraffe-walk their way through a song that is both one of their group's classics and not particularly difficult to sing.</blockquote>
The song that did it for me was the Updated version of The Manpower. I disliked the original song, but the girls back then did put some serious power into singing it (to the point of making it border on grotesque and unlikeable, but that's beside the point). The Updated version arrangement made it playable for me, but the vocals in comparison feel so pitiful it's almost funny. Try listening to both versions side by side, the contrast is pretty startling.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="185584" data-time="1425398982">And that's why they focus on dancing now lol</blockquote>
After seeing One Two Three in this video we're discussing I just had a thought that watching their TV performances of recent songs is like watching a $5 re-enactment of Olympics opening ceremony over and over again. :lol: Personally, I could use a change from that.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

[quote="Hotaru"]
To change the topic slightly.... Has anyone ever noticed that Maiha is on front page of the school she went to?

http://www.etoile.ed.jp/highschool/

Just though it was interesting, heh.
[/quote]
I believe when she first started attending, she did modeling for their school uniforms in the handbook or something like that.

Edit; This is nothing important but MM was mentioned here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N7FK_DRLQM
Last edited by star on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

They way I see it. Back in the day Morning Musume had shuffle groups and sub-units to pull out the potential from the girls. Now you'd be lucky if half the girls landed in a sub-unit, or they even got to sing a few lines in a single. They need more stable sub-units. Not just one time units that only appear at concerts. UF needs to stop making groups and utilize what they have to the best of their abilities. 

I'm still bitter Sakura never made it into that Best Idol vocal poll Goo did. It gives you a very VERY general idea of what they think a good Idol singer is, just throw in the towel and give up. (Yes I'm still bitter.There's NO reason Nonaka should even be IN that poll results.)
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

If you do the math, only 8 people voted for Nonaka. Those things are it's popularity contests and don't mean much.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Rewatching Sayumi's grad concert and comparing it to Berryz' concert last night.... And woooow is there a difference in performance levels. Maybe that's what 11 years does to you, or maybe it was the amazing set or (this time around) great costumes? They make MM look sooo lackluster in comparison. I mean, it feels like in every way. Song choice, lighting, set, VTR, costumes. Actually it feels like most other groups' Budokans are impressive. But MM's feels blank and empty lol. (Though her grad was SSA)

Berryz killed their Budokan. Same with C-ute and S/mileage...
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.