Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Madara
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

Post by Madara »

Ditto.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Not sure if I would say I'm sad. Abe achieved a lot in her time in MM, much more than Ikuta has so far. 
However, this is the time around which idols start feeling a bit stale. It's a perfect time to graduate.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

There was more to achieve back then. The scene isn't the same.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Absolutely, but therefore I feel like Ikuta could still do more, like, she can still try. Then again I don't expect anything from Ikuta.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Forget about Ikuta. The 12th gen is about to pass Goto Maki without making a dent in the group worth noting.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Forget about Ikuta. The 12th gen is about to pass Goto Maki without making a dent in the group worth noting.
[/quote]

Ha! That is sad.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="207814" data-time="1495584021">Forget about Ikuta. The 12th gen is about to pass Goto Maki without making a dent in the group worth noting.</blockquote>
That was my exact thought.

Maki was just 3 years in the group, but had such a massive impact.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Just goes to show that a longer tenure does not guarantee a larger legacy. Michishige was the exception, not the rule.

Not that other girls that stayed long didn't have their own legacies, but for a number of them there was not much to note in their last year or two that made a final, big, impression when they left. Compared to if they had left a year or two prior and been remembered for something.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed May 24, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Who do you think would have been better remembered if they left just a bit earlier?

Sayumi was also kind of guilty of not having accomplished much the first five or six years of her career. Her variety peak was in 09/10, well after her debut. And it had completely died by her graduation.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="207822" data-time="1495645807">
Who do you think would have been better remembered if they left just a bit earlier?</blockquote>

Mari for sure. Maybe Makoto. I can think of a few if they left later would be better remembered better.
Last edited by Purin-chama on Wed May 24, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Myst"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="207822" data-time="1495645807">
Who do you think would have been better remembered if they left just a bit earlier?
</blockquote>

Mari for sure. Maybe Makoto. I can think of a few if they left later would be better remembered better.

[/quote]

Yes, I'd say Mari, Niigaki, Aika... Maybe even Tanaka and Suzuki. It's not that I didn't want these members around (sans Aika), or that they weren't needed (cause you could argue they were), but that their departure seemed to be well after their peak; thus seeming like a lower-impact member looking back than they truly were. I mean, if we want to start getting into other groups I'd put Fukuda, most of Berryz and Mano Erina in there. But that's just what I think.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I don't know why but Makoto popped up in my mind as well. 

For Morning Musume there's been a bunch who were a bit too far over their prime at their graduation date... Kaori, Mari (alright, resignment, not graduation), Makoto, Platinum 9 sans 8th gen and Sayumi*, and I'm sure I'm gonna feel that way with Ikuta once she graduates, too. Arguably even Abe and Yossy - if there hadn't been a fluctation of more or less popular members (Kei who was at least easy to work with on TV, Tsuji/Kago shortly after Abe, Kaori as longest serving member at that point, Mari's resignation which overshadowed Rika's grad... that all happened in just 24 months) her graduation would've happened at a good point of her MM career. 

*I think while Sayumi was at her peak around 2009/2010 a graduation at that point wouldn't have had as much buzz as her graduation 2014. If Sayumi had left back then people would've thought something like "well at least we still have Ai/Reina/Eri/Gaki". 

The rest of H!P? Easy: The Elder Club. As much as I loved old H!P 99% of the Elder Club was just tagging along. 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>Mari and Yossi are the only two I can think of who might have been held in higher regard by leaving sooner than they did. Msari for obvious reasons, and Yossi because she just seemed to be half-assing it her last couple of years.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Makoto was never gonna leave much of a legacy, regardless of when she left, because she never did much that was memorable. Same for Aika. In fact, her last year might have helped her by solidifying her reputation for being especially hard working and dedicated. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Tanaka was always gonna be remembered as the cute, reliable singer who never changed.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Risa benefitted from her long tenure, as it took a long time for her voice to blossom, and by the time it did, the other strong singers were leaving, allowing her the opportunity to establish herself and her legacy.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Sayumi's longevity is the key to her legacy. Had she left before leading the group, she'd be remembered mostly as the poisoned-tongued cute girl who couldn't sing. Being able to leave that persona behind allowed her to grow into her more important role as MM leader. She's universally seen as the second most important and influential leader behind only Yuko. That doesn't happen if she graduates a couple years earlier.</div>
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="207822" data-time="1495645807">Who do you think would have been better remembered if they left just a bit earlier?</blockquote>
Suzuki.
"A bit" is too generous. I'd say more like 2~3 years.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Thu May 25, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Hmm.. on Makoto, maybe I confused her graduation from MM with the actual graduation from showbusiness. What did Makoto even do after MM, except for occasional OG stuff? (Study English, yeah, but I mean entertainment wise.)
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Koharu...for obvious reasons.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="207845" data-time="1495756915">
Koharu...for obvious reasons.</blockquote>
I actually think Koha left at a good time for her. She left with the ending of Kirarin Revolution.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="207845" data-time="1495756915">
</blockquote>
I actually think Koha left at a good time for her. She left with the ending of Kirarin Revolution.

[/quote]

I agree. I hate Koha as much as most of you do... But she picked the perfect time to leave.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="207839" data-time="1495748789">Hmm.. on Makoto, maybe I confused her graduation from MM with the actual graduation from showbusiness. What did Makoto even do after MM, except for occasional OG stuff? (Study English, yeah, but I mean entertainment wise.)</blockquote>

Theater and stuff
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="207847" data-time="1495763234">
<div>

</blockquote>

[/quote]

I agree. I hate Koha as much as most of you do... But she picked the perfect time to leave.

</div>
</blockquote>

Totally. She was at the peak of her popularity, and there was nowhere for her to go in MM, which was entering their dark ages, anyway.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="207850" data-time="1495774682"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="207848" data-time="1495764023"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="207847" data-time="1495763234"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="207845" data-time="1495756915">Koharu...for obvious reasons.</blockquote>I actually think Koha left at a good time for her. She left with the ending of Kirarin Revolution.</blockquote> 
I agree. I hate Koha as much as most of you do... But she picked the perfect time to leave.</blockquote> 
Totally. She was at the peak of her popularity, and there was nowhere for her to go in MM, which was entering their dark ages, anyway.</blockquote>
She still should have graduated 4 years, 7 months, 6 days sooner. :suika:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

As much as I like Koharu, I must admit she may have left at the good time, with Kilari's ending and her being 17 so kind of limit age to begin modeling.

And it also makes me sad that Ikuta passed Abe.
Last edited by Meikochi on Fri May 26, 2017 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I love me some Koharu and was sorry when she left. I was just making a joke based on all the Koharu hate that used to circulate around here. Glad to see it's not as pervasive as it used to be.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Take-chan, Rina, Murotan and Momona were on Sashihara's show Kono Yubi Tomare!

This is actually identical to the lineup that went to her idol parliament show + Rina.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Madara"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="207850" data-time="1495774682">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="207848" data-time="1495764023">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="207847" data-time="1495763234">

</blockquote>

</blockquote>

</blockquote>

Totally. She was at the peak of her popularity, and there was nowhere for her to go in MM, which was entering their dark ages, anyway.

</blockquote>

She still should have graduated 4 years, 7 months, 6 days sooner. :suika:

[/quote]

Yup.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="JPope"]
Risa benefitted from her long tenure, as it took a long time for her voice to blossom, and by the time it did, the other strong singers were leaving, allowing her the opportunity to establish herself and her legacy.
[/quote]

You're right, yet I'd say that in the end Gaki stayed for at least a few months too long. If we're talking about Yossy's half-assing we've got to mention Gaki's after Ai's graduation, too. 

[quote="Zoe"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="207839" data-time="1495748789">
Hmm.. on Makoto, maybe I confused her graduation from MM with the actual graduation from showbusiness. What did Makoto even do after MM, except for occasional OG stuff? (Study English, yeah, but I mean entertainment wise.)
</blockquote>

Theater and stuff[/quote]

Ah, thanks. Really forgot about that.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="DonJuan"]
[/quote]

I think she had an app where she reviewed bagels.

She also tweeted OHAYOU GOZAIMASU and OYASUMINASAI a LOT
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Amazing.
I wanted to rant about Makoto being a rather unsuccessful OG but looking it up she did a TON of stage plays, 5 alone in 2016. 

Spoiler: [+]
Fukuda Asuka: has somewhat of a singing career but for a long time she was working normal jobs
Ishiguro Aya: writer, host, fashion designer - all while being a mother
Ichii Sayaka: CUBIC-CROSS
Nakazawa Yuko: soloist, variety jobs
Goto Maki: soloist
Yasuda Kei: variety
Abe Natsumi: soloist
Tsuji Nozomi: W, mama idol
Kago Ai: W, several attempts at soloist stuff
Iida Kaori: soloist, OG stuff
Ishikawa Rika: v-u-den, variety
Konno Asami: TV reporter
Ogawa Makoto: reviewing bagels stage plays
Yoshizawa Hitomi: OG stuff (and something with sports..? probably similar to Ikuta's golfing)
Fujimoto Miki: OG stuff, I remember she released a solo single too.
Kusumi Koharu: modeling
Kamei Eri: out of business
Junjun: actress in China
Linlin: producer in China
Takahashi Ai: stage plays, but probably more successful as fashion guru (for whatever reason)
Niigaki Risa: stage plays
Mitsui Aika: Up-Front office worker
Tanaka Reina: Lovendor
Michishige Sayumi: soloist, more or less
Sayashi Riho: studying overseas
Suzuki Kanon: out of business

Ah, looking up some people has made me really nostalgic. I didn't even remember half of Ai's photobooks. 
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="207855" data-time="1495788537">Glad to see it's not as pervasive as it used to be.</blockquote>
That's only because she's irrelevant now. =P
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Reina has done a few musicals. Nacchi too.