[2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by JPope »

I don't think Asuka Fukuda was very popular but she was by far the best singer of the original five, which is why she got so many lines.
Anderei
つんく♂

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by Anderei »

Two more handshakes were announced:

Mizuki, Haruna, Ayumi in Kanagawa 1/15

Riho, Kanon, Masaki in Kinshicho 1/15
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

I think it should be clear by now that the "popularity = lines rule" is, in fact, not a rule at all. 
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Maybe since i'm a "new" fan, I haven't assumed yet that, probably and unfortunately, Kanon, Erina and maybe Kudo will never have a "spotlight-single" (Haruna is a sub-leader, so at least she's kinda relevant) But my favorites are Riho and Ayumi, so maybe I shouldn't be bother lol

and I forgot to mention that, but I think Sakura was a bit mean with Sato, not only because she's from an older generation, but, despite her reason to cry was a bit stupid, if her friend was sad she should have been more sensitive? But Sakura was right, she can't cry on stage and as a result, you have a Kouhai telling you "Sato-san, your song and face were terrible this time"
Image Hey
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I could see how that sort of bluntness would seem harsh, but maybe for Masaki, being as young as she is (and adorably immature), Sakura's advice would go in one ear and out the other if she was gentler. But I do agree she could've said something more like "Satou-san, I understand why you're sad and crying, but try to be more idol-like on stage. You can always come to me (or whoever else besides Mai she goes to) later on to let it out."
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Guys, they're co-workers first, and friends second if at all.

I would've said the same thing to Masaki. I'm sensitive too, ESPECIALLY at that age, but performing is her job and she let a high five affect her performance which directly affects every girl in the group. Crying is cool, and yeah she's a teenage girl, but work is game face time.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I agree with show, plus aren't Masaki and Sakura supposed to be super close?  Like to the point where they don't really have the senpai-kouhai relationship?

Mic rips (~1 min. long) and Japanese transcript from H!O.

[spoiler2]鞘師「なんで(佐藤)泣いてんの?」

譜久「香音ちゃんにいざ進め(Steady go!)のなんか位置を位置っていうか肩?

なんか混みあったらしくてなんか優樹ちゃんがどう言ったかわかんないけど

香音ちゃんの言い方がすごい強くてこんな言い方ないっていう風に言ってて

萩原さんも止めようとしてくれてたのに

なんか鈴木さんが9期も10期も注意しちゃいけないのみたいなこと言ってたんだって

多分今までの流れで言うとさ〜あ〜まあ多分優樹ちゃんも悪いところあると思うの

でもまとまってたりとかみんなが泣いてたりするからそれに対して感情が出ちゃったんだと思うけど」[/spoiler2]

So I guess she bumped into Kanon and Kanon scolded her and then she went off crying to Mai?
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

"Neither the scolding nor the highfive disrupted the performance. The only thing that disrupted the performance was Sato crying. And also, she wasn't scolded for doing a sudden highfive. She got told off by Zukki herself because she ran in the way of Zukki onstage when she did the highfive. No one gives a crap about some highfive. But this time Maa was in the way, and she got told off. As simple as that."

Is the explanation going around.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<p class="">I think she should have said [spoiler2]Demo, Satou-san-chan you were tottemo baka today neee~~~。 Please ganbare better with your utaing, so you can be sugoi kawaii in front of mina-san, just like 私!Dōzo oroshiku onegai itatamishimasu。 V( ^_^)'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''[/spoiler2]

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I will go off and die from laughter in the corner, Ap. Thank you for cutting my young and illustrious life short.

I really like the fact that Zukki told Masaki off for some reason. I think it's more admiration because she's always the goof, but yet she can be serious and do her job as a senpai when it comes down to it.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Also, so many people (not here) are flipping about Sakura scolding Masaki, but around the time 10th gen joined, Ayumi scolded Erina and Kanon for their dancing and no one was mad about that. Besides, even if she is a younger generation, Sakura is older than Masaki.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

I like the Kimi no Kawari dance but I really don't like the song much yet. :S So far I'm leaning more towards Egao as my favorite song of this single, but that admittedly took a while to grow on me, so we'll see when the MV goes up I guess?
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

What is Love is the only one that's grown on me. I don't like Egao and I'm not feeling Kimi no Kawari either. This is the weakest single for me in a long time.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Theory Irony is now the forum's name? lol Is it necessali?
Image Hey
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I've got the "Nippon" chants and the "Theory Irony" parts stuck in my head, which is a good sign for me. I'm over the dislike for Egao now, and like it. 
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

After several listen, I like Kimi no Kawari ^^. A bit more than Egao no Kimi I guess.. So I like all songs of this single but I have to admit that none as these songs is as good as Wagamama is.
Last edited by Meikochi on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Kimi no Kawari is officially my favorite song on this single. Totally worth the wait. 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I am loving all the songs! A lot!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

And here you have, the Kimi no Kaware MV. Enjoy! 

Pretty basic, but it's good. But they didn't show the whole thing. They cut off at the end. :P
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

HEY! Why is not complete? Anyways, this song is much better live, like, more excitement.
Is this what you all call "Glorified Dance Short" right?. I remember that everyone here were hating the red background with this outfits, but I think it turned out well
Image Hey
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Go see the Manpower MV (the one that's official) for a real glorified dance shot. But this comes in a close second. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I generally don't care about videos unless they are really good -- like Egao, which this is not -- so I'm more excited to hear an HQ version of the song than anything else. Kinda bummed they cut it off, but whatevs, I really like this song a lot.
Last edited by JPope on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I love the song and dance, but the lyrics are like Tsunku just modified some to sound fight song-y.

Cut the crap about the guy, I want more of a fight song! "he is serious when he's hitting on you"  :facepalm:

"we know when we shine, we know it from the bottom of our souls" is probably my favorite lyric.  Aside from Theory Irony, of course.
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

Ok now that I've listened to this I do like it a little better, but it's still not sticking with me yet. But I really liked how Sakura sounded!
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Also, since when does Kudo look so old?  Her face really thinned out.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I am loving all the Sakura but I hate these outfits and the song just hasn't grown on me yet.

But YOU SMILE IS THE BRIGHT SUN is now constantly stuck in my head so this could change.

THEORY sounds more like CELERY.  WTF?

Some parts of the dance bug me.

Also I thought the reason people didn't like Risa when she joined was because she was in the Takara Tomy commercial and they wanted them all to be total newbies?  Apparently that rule went out the door with 9th gen though. (Technically 8th if you count LinLin).

/edit OH YEAH and this seems like a weird song to cheer for the Olympics.  Whaaaat?
Last edited by yuzuriha on Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pandapanda" data-cid="169899" data-time="1389803785">
Also, since when does Kudo look so old? Her face really thinned out.</blockquote>

Screen caps I saw just look like they contoured her cheeks with blush to emphasize her cheekbones. Makes her face look thinner than it is.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I'm sad they cut the MV off :( why???? Are the doing that for incentive to buy the full thing? But I really liked what I saw/heard. All the songs on this single are really great imo.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

If the main focus from now on is their "Formation Dancing" we can really only expect something close to a glorified dance shot.

/Edit:
Also, whenever they do show the closeups with the waving red/white behind them, all I can see is the green glint off of their hair/skin.  :veins:  One time when I hate how I troubleshoot.
Last edited by MejraThea on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Most generic song ever.