Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Public forum for all b!p related stuff (formerly "Lets work on blog!project!" thread).
Neminia
Juice=Juice

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by Neminia »

Ok guys my Internet problem is finally solved, I'll prepp more frequently now  :party:
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by NekoKaiSai »

That's good to hear!  Especially since I'm almost caught up with Aika.

eri, are you going through and deleting old drafts again?  It's fine if you are, I'm just wondering because I was actually about to say something about the high number.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="NekoKai"]
That's good to hear!  Especially since I'm almost caught up with Aika.

eri, are you going through and deleting old drafts again?  It's fine if you are, I'm just wondering because I was actually about to say something about the high number.
[/quote]

I stopped for a while because I thought people might get more caught up around holiday vacation time. We're back up to 43 pages haha.
Skoban
つばきファクトリー

Post by Skoban »

Meikochi, I think you missed prepping the following Karin post:
http://ameblo.jp/juicejuice-official/entry-11728732384.html
Hope it's not too much trouble.
Thanks.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

I looked at all of the drafts that are over 1 month old.  Drafts are easy to slip by, especially if you're translating for multiple girls.  But, I'm kind of wondering what happened to rokun.  182 of the 307 drafts (before Nov 15) are for girls under his translation and he hasn't been online since Nov 9.  Taylor, I know you're actively translating but you also have 77 drafts  :tongue:  :lol:  What should we do with all these old posts?

Shimizu Saki 31
Nakanishi Kana 29
Nakajima Saki 29
Hagiwara Mai 28
Miyazaki Yuka 28
Okai Chisato 26
Suzuki Airi 24
Takeuchi Akari 21
Kudou Haruka 20
Okada Marina 13
Ikuta Erina 10
Suzuki Kanon 7
Ishida Ayumi 6
Tamura Meimi 5, Takagi Sayuki 5 
Natsuyaki Miyabi 4, Fukumura Mizuki 4, Uemura Akari 4 
Uozumi Yuki 3, Sugaya Risako 3
Kumai Yurina 2, Miyazawa Marin 2
Tasaki Asahi 1 LinLin 1 Sato Masaki 1 Tasaki Asahi 1

A lot of these random left behind drafts were probably just forgotten about.  But, like...is Rokun coming back?
Last edited by eri on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

First of all, I would like to thank you for finding that LinLin draft, secondly, don't delete Ikuta's or Meimi's drafts, I've been catching up and following a plan of attack, so I should be caught up with those two by the end of January (and everyone else before that).

rokun was in Japan, and on December 5th said he was going to start catching up.  However if you didn't delete any of his drafts the other day, then I'm guessing he did, so maybe he's been going through and deleting drafts he knows he won't translate.  I'm pretty sure he's not going to translate anything prepped in October, however, since that would mean going back to before the last post he translated for each of his girls.

The BeriKyuu girls all probably posted about the Berryz Budokan concert (November 29th), same with MM and theirs, and then the J=J and S/mileage girls probably posted about their respective singles, so we should try to translate those posts at least (especially the Budokan ones) if rokun doesn't come back by the end of this year.

Last I heard Estrea is going to translate all of her drafts, and yuzu is going through Sayuki's drafts and translating important ones.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Skoban
つばきファクトリー

Post by Skoban »

I'd be up for translating the Berryz Budokan posts. Maybe the C-ute ones as well, if there isn't anyone else and life doesn't get in the way.

Would it be remiss if I take a quick look at the old Berryz posts and translate what I can?
Berryz' posts are generally bite-sized; and besides Captain, they don't really post that much.
suishouyuki
つばきファクトリー

Post by suishouyuki »

I'd be willing to help too.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Website | deviantART | Tumblr

Banner by me.
Always a blue sky.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Skoban"]
Meikochi, I think you missed prepping the following Karin post:
http://ameblo.jp/juicejuice-official/entry-11728732384.html
Hope it's not too much trouble.
Thanks.
[/quote]

Done ! I'm sorry ^^'

Campy <3 !
thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Post by thaipokecard »

I just got my new PC. My old one is RIP now. Will start prepping tonight when I finish all the setup.
Emoji List

<a href="http://blog-project.net/?p=80734&previe ... ew=true</a>
Sample Prepping Work Video
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI" title="External link">http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI</a>

Lurkette
Kenshuusei

Post by Lurkette »

It's been over a week and I don't think anyone heard from RihoFan, so I'm going to ask MisaChii to start back up prepping Sayumi's posts for me to translate, if that's all right.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="NekoKai"]
First of all, I would like to thank you for finding that LinLin draft, secondly, don't delete Ikuta's or Meimi's drafts, I've been catching up and following a plan of attack, so I should be caught up with those two by the end of January (and everyone else before that).

...The BeriKyuu girls all probably posted about the Berryz Budokan concert (November 29th), same with MM and theirs, and then the J=J and S/mileage girls probably posted about their respective singles, so we should try to translate those posts at least (especially the Budokan ones) if rokun doesn't come back by the end of this year.

Last I heard Estrea is going to translate all of her drafts, and yuzu is going through Sayuki's drafts and translating important ones.
[/quote]

I'm not in charge of cleaning up the drafts and probably won't do it anymore :lol: But aside from my OCD, I've been harping on the issue because it is incredibly unclear if
1. preppers were still covering blogs that are no longer being translated or
2. translators were behind but intending to translate old blogs or
3. a prepped draft just got sucked into the 70+ pages of backlog or
4. translators had zero intention of doing old blogs but did not bother to delete drafts either

I thought it was weird that almost everyone is translating multiple times a week and communicating in here...but we had like almost 80 pages of draft backlog that seemingly came out of nowhere.  Also, if we're constantly searching for more translators, it should be clear who is working on what or needs help with what etc.  I also feel like some preppers might be over-loaded at times and its a shame if it is all for naught. 

But now it all makes sense.   
-- 60% of all current drafts are because rokun has a LOT of girls to translate and when he takes hiatus, those drafts just pile up.  And now that we know this, we can make a plan to cover what is necessary. 
--for everyone else, it seems like drafts were just forgotten about and then lost in the stream of drafts.  9 individual blog posts are very easy to lose across 50 pages.  But 30 drafts indicate some kind of structural problem -- ie translator on hiatus or what.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Guys, I'm all for keeping it tidy and all, but when in your draft-deleting frenzy please be careful what you're deleting. Last time Berry's Tutorial for Translators/Preppers (which was saved as a draft) seems to have fallen victim of it, which she was rather unimpressed with to put it mildly. I'll restore it from a backup when I have a while, but there are other internal resources saved as drafts (such as tpc's emoticon reference) so please double-check before bulldozing it all to the ground. :tongue:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="thaipokecard" data-cid="168308" data-time="1387061854"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="168240" data-time="1386951090">Just a friendly reminder not to spend too much time prepping. The world won't fall apart if we lose pretty colours and formatting in a few posts if they are not crucial to the post's content. If it gets to the point where it gets frustrating or otherwise affects your prepping then just copy and paste it unformatted and move on. :thumbsup:</blockquote>
It is back to normal now. I couldn't copy the whole text so even without style, I still need to do line by line.</blockquote>
Ah ok, I misunderstood you then.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Lurkette" data-cid="168410" data-time="1387241817">It's been over a week and I don't think anyone heard from RihoFan,</blockquote>
Yes, unfortunately she never came back with the test translation requested. There also was another potential translator who revealed themselves in the B!P comments, but they never messaged me even though it seems that they have registered on the BBS now. So for now you're the only new translator.

I'll update the Credits page later when I can cross-check it with NekoKai's spreadsheet.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Lurkette" data-cid="168410" data-time="1387241817">
It's been over a week and I don't think anyone heard from RihoFan, so I'm going to ask MisaChii to start back up prepping Sayumi's posts for me to translate, if that's all right.
</blockquote>
Have fun. :thumbsup:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="eri" data-cid="168413" data-time="1387247602">
I'm not in charge of cleaning up the drafts and probably won't do it anymore :lol: But aside from my OCD, I've been harping on the issue because it is incredibly unclear if

4. translators had zero intention of doing old blogs but did not bother to delete drafts either
</blockquote>
This one is part of it, and shouldn't be. 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="168428" data-time="1387281450">
Guys, I'm all for keeping it tidy and all, but when in your draft-deleting frenzy please be careful what you're deleting. Last time Berry's Tutorial for Translators/Preppers (which was saved as a draft) seems to have fallen victim of it, which she was rather unimpressed with to put it mildly. I'll restore it from a backup when I have a while, but there are other internal resources saved as drafts (such as tpc's emoticon reference) so please double-check before bulldozing it all to the ground. :tongue:
</blockquote>
Is mine that bad? :tongue:
MisaChii
Kenshuusei

Post by MisaChii »

[quote="Lurkette"]
[/quote]

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Lurkette" data-cid="168410" data-time="1387241817">
It's been over a week and I don't think anyone heard from RihoFan,
</blockquote>

Yes, unfortunately she never came back with the test translation requested. There also was another potential translator who revealed themselves in the B!P comments, but they never messaged me even though it seems that they have registered on the BBS now. So for now you're the only new translator.[/quote]

Got it. :'D
But just a heads up that I won't be able to prep this Friday to Sunday. >A<
So, any posts that needs prepping, I'll catch up when I return. \o/
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NekoKai" data-cid="168434" data-time="1387291740"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="168428" data-time="1387281450">Guys, I'm all for keeping it tidy and all, but when in your draft-deleting frenzy please be careful what you're deleting. Last time Berry's Tutorial for Translators/Preppers (which was saved as a draft) seems to have fallen victim of it, which she was rather unimpressed with to put it mildly. I'll restore it from a backup when I have a while, but there are other internal resources saved as drafts (such as tpc's emoticon reference) so please double-check before bulldozing it all to the ground. :tongue:</blockquote>Is mine that bad? :tongue:</blockquote>
Strawberry's fonts were cuter. :tongue:

Seriously though, IIRC there was some information that is not covered in yours (and vice versa), so ideally I'd like to have them both up.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
rokun
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rokun »

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been translating but a lot has been going on here. The holidays starting now should be pretty slow though so there's no reason I can't do some catching up through the beginning of January. I've also deleted all the drafts earlier than early November. Since that's only just over a month back, I hope to somehow get at least most of them translated.

That said, any help would certainly be welcome, especially with C-ute's posts. Berryz go pretty quickly, so if I just sit down and do them for a while I think I can mostly knock them out. Although help with Captain's 110 or so remaining drafts would be great XD and WhiteForte's still a week behind prepping too.

I'm really sorry for being gone for so long.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Aine, I can't believe you're getting pissed off that 1 post was lost because you couldn't be bothered to manage 80 pages of drafts with translators dropping out left and right with zero communication.  Don't blame me for deleting it - I didn't, at least not to my knowledge.  I made a point to actually go through every single goddamn draft and unselect all the ones that were admin or emoticon pages.  Hooray that Berry and you put the operation together a million years ago but you never did this alone and don't forget that you are still entirely relying on volunteer translators doing all of the actual translations.  Seriously? Oh god, Berry lost her ONE TUTORIAL when I translate multiple blog posts EVERY SINGLE DAY. 

Seriously wtf.

ANYWAY TRANSLATION QUESTION:

What is "ステダンス部" ? The stage dance part??

http://ameblo.jp/wadaayaka/entry-11730865932.html
rokun
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rokun »

ハロ!ステダンス部 is the Hello! Station Dance Club
suishouyuki
つばきファクトリー

Post by suishouyuki »

[quote="rokun"]
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been translating but a lot has been going on here. The holidays starting now should be pretty slow though so there's no reason I can't do some catching up through the beginning of January. I've also deleted all the drafts earlier than early November. Since that's only just over a month back, I hope to somehow get at least most of them translated.

That said, any help would certainly be welcome, especially with C-ute's posts. Berryz go pretty quickly, so if I just sit down and do them for a while I think I can mostly knock them out. Although help with Captain's 110 or so remaining drafts would be great XD and WhiteForte's still a week behind prepping too.

I'm really sorry for being gone for so long.
[/quote]

Welcome back, rokun! For now I could help with Captain's and Mai's posts. ^^

Banner by me.
Always a blue sky.
rokun
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rokun »

Yes, please go ahead :) I'd love to see those translated. I'll start by working on some of the other Berryz and Maa-chan. A lot of Captain's are easy too with just a few words or so lol. It just takes time to go through so many.
Last edited by rokun on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="rokun"]
ハロ!ステダンス部 is the Hello! Station Dance Club
[/quote]

Thanks very much.

Sorry about my crankiness earlier. 

:kanonechi:
Skoban
つばきファクトリー

Post by Skoban »

[quote="rokun"]
[/quote]

I can help with Airi :)

Edit:
She uses emoticons in her post titles? What joy.
Copy/pasting the images doesn't seem to work, so do I just leave the titles without?
Silly me. Just realised that I can copy the html or the emoticon tags into the title.
Last edited by Skoban on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neminia
Juice=Juice

Post by Neminia »

Lurkette? I noticed you forgot to delete one japanese line near the end of this post.  :wink:
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

On the front page, Risako's post is missing the "Read the rest" bar.

Edit: Same with Momoko's and Kana's.
Last edited by NekoKaiSai on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NekoKai" data-cid="168533" data-time="1387461838">On the front page, Risako's post is missing the "Read the rest" bar.

Edit: Same with Momoko's and Kana's.</blockquote>
It's because all three posts had an excessive amount of unnecessary HTML tags in them which was confusing the excerpt-making part of WP. I fixed it now (just removed the junk code and formatted the posts with simple line breaks), but we'll need to think how to prevent this from happening, probably at the prepping stage.
Last edited by aine on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Thank you, and good to know!
rokun
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rokun »

Thank you for picking up Airi's posts too :) hers always take a while to go through. I always just used a similar emoticon code in the the title, in her case :heart2: for all the hearts. Chisato was the main one who caused problems since she'd use all different kinds of emoticons which we don't have hard-coded.
suishouyuki
つばきファクトリー

Post by suishouyuki »

If it's not too much trouble, a bit of help, please?

タイトスカートはきを引き締まるね (From http://gree.jp/c_ute/blog/entry/674920251 )

あーんど、手伝えることゎしてあげよ! (From http://ameblo.jp/shimizu--saki/entry-11675082170.html )

この子たちがいないと
大変なことになります。
and
今度からやろーーーーっと(^ω^)(Fromhttp://ameblo.jp/manoerina-official/entry-11731742853.html)

Thank you!!

Banner by me.
Always a blue sky.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NekoKai" data-cid="168533" data-time="1387461838">
On the front page, Risako's post is missing the "Read the rest" bar.

Edit: Same with Momoko's and Kana's.
</blockquote>

It's because all three posts had an excessive amount of unnecessary HTML tags in them which was confusing the excerpt-making part of WP. I fixed it now (just removed the junk code and formatted the posts with simple line breaks), but we'll need to think how to prevent this from happening, probably at the prepping stage.

[/quote]

So should I stop prepping Risako until someone find a solution to that problem ?

Campy <3 !