Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Public forum for all b!p related stuff (formerly "Lets work on blog!project!" thread).
thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by thaipokecard »

[quote="Skoban"]
Kinda related, but apparently someone on Twitter did an analysis on active H!P member blogs.

I put in some of the numbers into a Google spreadsheet, with number of posts per day, average characters per post, and average characters per day.
So I guess you have objective data on which member writes the 'longest' post.
As the original analysis notes (14), the ones with longer blog posts tend to use polite language. Unless they're Maimi.
In summary, Maimi is a beast. 

Also possibly of interest to preppers, point (11) notes the number of emoticons used, and (10) notes number of photos per post.  
[/quote]

Nice statistics. To think that I prep 2 our of top 5 girls that uses a lot of emoticons is somewhat surprising...
Emoji List

<a href="http://blog-project.net/?p=80734&previe ... ew=true</a>
Sample Prepping Work Video
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI" title="External link">http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI</a>

Neminia
Juice=Juice

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by Neminia »

Thanks, that's intresting and maybe helpful in the future. I wish some of the OG and UF artists were included, since we translate some of them too. I wonder why Aika isn't in there though...well ok she's on hiatus, but I bet her picture count would one of the higher ones  :tongue:
Mezumiiru
Kenshuusei

Post by Mezumiiru »

I'm sorry for not prepping last week i had to much work and didn't have access to my computer :down:

Dawa, Momo and Meimi are done now but i'll stop prepping Yuka and Sayuki for now until they will be translated again.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

My Wordpress is bugging since a bit more than one week so, for now, my bf is helping me a bit for the beginning of my prep (in fact, I only need him to enter the url & the date) that's why it's really harder for me to prep (because he wasn't always availiable and I have my korean partner until tomorrow)... I'll warn you when I could prep normally.
Campy <3 !
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

I have some free time until Friday.  Does anyone need help translating backlogged posts?

Alternatively, I could go through and delete old posts if the translator gives me the okay.  Our oldest ones are from October 2013. 

Edit: Just saw Rokun's post.  I'll help with a few of those. 

<div> </div>
<div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rokun" data-cid="171370" data-time="1391798123">
Sadly i don't think I'll be able to continue Yuka's, and unless someone really wants to go back and do all those drafts, they can just be deleted with prepping stopped. Any other C-ute girls anyone would like to do, go right ahead as well since those I think are the ones which seem to overwhelm me the most.  
</blockquote>

</div>

Last edited by eri on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taylor
つばきファクトリー

Post by taylor »

Hello ^^

Long time, no see. I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused by seeming to fall off the face of the earth for a while. For the past month or so I have been extremely busy with college and life and my translating just sort of fell to the wayward in the madness. But my schedule has cleared up a bit more now and I have time to translate regularly again. I've been translating off and on for Kudou and Zukki when I have a spare minute, but I'd also, if it's okay with the prepper, like to resume translating for Kana again :) If the preppers wouldn't mind prepping those girls again, I'm happy to pick up and start translating once again.

thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Post by thaipokecard »

^ Welcome back. I prepped today's entry for Kana. It's a short one so you can kinda warm-up for now.

As it stands (and according to the workflow spreadsheet), the status of the girls I prep is

Ayumin - rokun was busy so I stopped prepping.
Maachan - I still prepped hers because she didn't post much even if rokun's status is still uncertain.
Harunan - eri is translating but Lurkette will take over on Feb 15.
Kana - Starting from today, taylor will translate her.

I will try to prep around this time of the day so the translator can plan their schedule around it.
Emoji List

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI" title="External link">http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI</a>

eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="taylor"]
Hello ^^

Long time, no see. I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused by seeming to fall off the face of the earth for a while. For the past month or so I have been extremely busy with college and life and my translating just sort of fell to the wayward in the madness. But my schedule has cleared up a bit more now and I have time to translate regularly again. I've been translating off and on for Kudou and Zukki when I have a spare minute, but I'd also, if it's okay with the prepper, like to resume translating for Kana again :) If the preppers wouldn't mind prepping those girls again, I'm happy to pick up and start translating once again.
[/quote]

Do you want me to delete the backlog of Kudo and Suzuki for now? They go as far back as October 2013 and I can go through and get rid of them as far as you need. 

(twiddling thumbs. looking for work)
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I can prep normally again so I'm catching up for everyone.

Reina posted two posts quite short, one about more or less Sayu and her and the second one about Momusu 4th N°1 in a row at the Oricon.. Is any translator willing/available to translate them ?
Last edited by Meikochi on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Neminia
Juice=Juice

Post by Neminia »

[quote="taylor"]
Hello ^^

[/quote]

Welcome back! :wink: Do you want me to prep the 5 most recent Zukki posts since I stopped prepping her for a while? Or just the most recent one?
taylor
つばきファクトリー

Post by taylor »

[quote="eri"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="taylor" data-cid="171664" data-time="1392217651">
<div>
Hello ^^

[/quote]

Do you want me to delete the backlog of Kudo and Suzuki for now? They go as far back as October 2013 and I can go through and get rid of them as far as you need. 

(twiddling thumbs. looking for work)

</div>
</blockquote>

Yes, thank you, that'd be great ^^ Anything before Christmas can just be deleted. 
[quote="Neminia"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="taylor" data-cid="171664" data-time="1392217651">
<div>
Hello ^^

[/quote]

Welcome back! :wink: Do you want me to prep the 5 most recent Zukki posts since I stopped prepping her for a while? Or just the most recent one?

</div>
</blockquote>

The most recent one is fine for now, so I can get back into the groove  :biggthumpup: thank you!
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Hi, I have a question and a comment:

Question: I don't know how to translate this. Do you?

http://ameblo.jp/takahashiai-blog/entry-11768828606.html
<div> </div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">突っ込みどころ満載の役どころだったので、早速突っ込んじゃいましたww</blockquote>

She is describing a play called Paco that she recently saw.  Here, she just finished talking about meeting up with Abe, who is in the play and seems to be in a comedic role.  So I'm assuming this is tsukkomi (in the technical sense of the comedic world) but I'm not sure.

Comment: Lurkette is taking over Iikubo for me, starting tomorrow! I'll keep up with Takahashi.  If I have free time, I'll go back and help clear out the old C-ute posts until Rokun says otherwise. 

Last edited by eri on Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suishouyuki
つばきファクトリー

Post by suishouyuki »

I think I'm at the point where I can't cover Mai's posts anymore. >_< I will finish the three I'm working on though!
I was going to try to take on Miyazaki Yuka, but her posts are just so long that, combined with Manoeri's posts, I don't think I can. I also did some of Maa-chan's, but rokun said he could take over, so...

I have thought about translating for Uemura Akari (J=J), or one of the Berryz members, but it would be nice to know which holes need to be filled most...strongly? For now I think I'll stick with Mano and see what else I may be able to do later.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Website | deviantART | Tumblr

Banner by me.
Always a blue sky.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Hey mezumiiru, don't worry I will let you know when I am ready to tackle Sayuki again.

I am translating this Sakura entry right now and have a question:

http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-10ki/entry-11738958574.html

Anyone have any idea what she is trying to say here?  I like kind of half made something up and am going to post it because I've had this sitting in my draft box for like a week, I will go back and fix it if anyone comes up with something that makes more sense. 

<div style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3', 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro', Osaka, 'MS Pゴシック', 'MS PGothic', sans-serif, 'メイリオ', Meiryo;font-size:14px;">でも、</div>
<div style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3', 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro', Osaka, 'MS Pゴシック', 'MS PGothic', sans-serif, 'メイリオ', Meiryo;font-size:14px;">泣いてるのが自分だけだと気づいた時の</div>
<div style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3', 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro', Osaka, 'MS Pゴシック', 'MS PGothic', sans-serif, 'メイリオ', Meiryo;font-size:14px;">3人の行動力と言ったら半端なかった。笑</div>
<div style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3', 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro', Osaka, 'MS Pゴシック', 'MS PGothic', sans-serif, 'メイリオ', Meiryo;font-size:14px;"> </div>
<div style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3', 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro', Osaka, 'MS Pゴシック', 'MS PGothic', sans-serif, 'メイリオ', Meiryo;font-size:14px;">Thanks</div>
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

rokun
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rokun »

[quote="Yuki"]
I think I'm at the point where I can't cover Mai's posts anymore. >_< I will finish the three I'm working on though!
I was going to try to take on Miyazaki Yuka, but her posts are just so long that, combined with Manoeri's posts, I don't think I can. I also did some of Maa-chan's, but rokun said he could take over, so...

I have thought about translating for Uemura Akari (J=J), or one of the Berryz members, but it would be nice to know which holes need to be filled most...strongly? For now I think I'll stick with Mano and see what else I may be able to do later.
[/quote]

Okay I'll try to pick Mai's back up. Thanks for taking care of them over this time though!! ^^; I'll also get back to you about Berryz when I see how I can take care of them. Saki/Rii/Miya/Kuma aren't all that tough to keep up with really... >_< Oh, meikochi go ahead and start prepping Rii's and Yurina's too again btw. You can start from the last translated post since I doubt they posted a ton since then...

If I get back ok with them and Maa-chan's, I'll get back to you on Ayumin's, tpc...
thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Post by thaipokecard »

^ Ok. Please take your time and let me know when you are ready.
Emoji List

eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

I'm going to help with the C-ute backlog -- will do Okai.

But is there a reason why the post url is always incorrect or why there are never titles?  I know sometimes people use an autofill but I've been going back and manually correcting them.   I guess this is a question for marena.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

[quote="Meikochi"]
I can prep normally again so I'm catching up for everyone.

Reina posted two posts quite short, one about more or less Sayu and her and the second one about Momusu 4th N°1 in a row at the Oricon.. Is any translator willing/available to translate them ?
[/quote]
Yeah, I'll translate them.

[quote="eri"]
Hi, I have a question and a comment:

Question: I don't know how to translate this. Do you?

http://ameblo.jp/takahashiai-blog/entry-11768828606.html
<div> </div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">突っ込みどころ満載の役どころだったので、早速突っ込んじゃいましたww</blockquote>

She is describing a play called Paco that she recently saw.  Here, she just finished talking about meeting up with Abe, who is in the play and seems to be in a comedic role.  So I'm assuming this is tsukkomi (in the technical sense of the comedic world) but I'm not sure.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure she means it in the technical/comedic sense, it doesn't make sense with any other meaning.  So something like "Because she was far from being tsukkomi and it was a role far from being fully loaded, she promptly went straight in(i.e. gave it her all), haha".  I think it's supposed to be a pun of sorts (straight-man, straight in) and I'm guessing Abe's role was the boke and that sort of role doesn't have very developed characters?

[quote="yuzu"]I am translating this Sakura entry right now and have a question:

Anyone have any idea what she is trying to say here?  I like kind of half made something up and am going to post it because I've had this sitting in my draft box for like a week, I will go back and fix it if anyone comes up with something that makes more sense. 

<div style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3', 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro', Osaka, 'MS Pゴシック', 'MS PGothic', sans-serif, 'メイリオ', Meiryo;font-size:14px;">でも、</div>
<div style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3', 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro', Osaka, 'MS Pゴシック', 'MS PGothic', sans-serif, 'メイリオ', Meiryo;font-size:14px;">泣いてるのが自分だけだと気づいた時の</div>
<div style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3', 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro', Osaka, 'MS Pゴシック', 'MS PGothic', sans-serif, 'メイリオ', Meiryo;font-size:14px;">3人の行動力と言ったら半端なかった。笑</div>
<div style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3', 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro', Osaka, 'MS Pゴシック', 'MS PGothic', sans-serif, 'メイリオ', Meiryo;font-size:14px;"> </div>
<div style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3', 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro', Osaka, 'MS Pゴシック', 'MS PGothic', sans-serif, 'メイリオ', Meiryo;font-size:14px;">Thanks</div>
[/quote]
"But,
When I realized I was the only one crying
When I said "It's our dynamics", it wasn't horrible. lol"

"Dynamism" is the actual term apparently, but I'd never even heard of that word before, and have always used/heard "dynamics" (though she might have also used the wrong word, so who knows).
Last edited by NekoKaiSai on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
rokun
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rokun »

[quote="eri"]
I'm going to help with the C-ute backlog -- will do Okai.

But is there a reason why the post url is always incorrect or why there are never titles?  I know sometimes people use an autofill but I've been going back and manually correcting them.   I guess this is a question for marena.
[/quote]

If you contact marena you should PM him since he doesn't really check this thread. I tried asking about it a while back but it didn't work and so just ended up getting used to it ^^; Having those correct would be nice though, lol.

Also, I've caught up with Mai's posts since the new year except for the three Yuki is working on. I'll leave those to you to finish unless you say different. I asked WhiteForte to prep Captain posts for February, and she posts a ton, so don't freak out if you see all those drafts lol. I'll start plowing through them now, as Miya, Risako and Yurina preps have also been fully translated.
suishouyuki
つばきファクトリー

Post by suishouyuki »

[quote="rokun"]

Also, I've caught up with Mai's posts since the new year except for the three Yuki is working on. I'll leave those to you to finish unless you say different. I asked WhiteForte to prep Captain posts for February, and she posts a ton, so don't freak out if you see all those drafts lol. I'll start plowing through them now, as Miya, Risako and Yurina preps have also been fully translated.

[/quote]

Thank you for your hard work ;w; I'm sorry I couldn't do more...
Okay, I finished one of the three just now. On this one I have a tiny question about 引かないでね...what does it mean in this context? (It's at the very end of the post) http://gree.jp/c_ute/blog/entry/676876407
The third post ("Nacky") I keep confusing myself on, so if you don't mind finishing it I would greatly appreciate it. Man... I need to redirect some more time into leveling up my Japanese;;

Banner by me.
Always a blue sky.
rokun
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rokun »

No, thank you for everything you did!! While I was getting behind you stepped in and saved the blog >_<

The only thing I can think of on your question is that she's asking us to not draw back from her horrible face... I'll also try to finish up the Nacky post. You certainly picked some of the tougher ones there. XD
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Thanks nekokai!  Yeah, I almost feel like it's the wrong word because it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me haha
Kaori • Risako 

maxperkins84
Kenshuusei

Post by maxperkins84 »

[quote="eri"]http://ameblo.jp/takahashiai-blog/entry-11768828606.html
<div> </div>

[/quote]

Hi eri. If I'm allowed to offer my version,

突っ込みどころ満載 ⇒ http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/%E7%AA%81%E3%81%A3%E8%BE%BC%E3%81%BF%E3%81%A9%E3%81%93%E3%82%8D%E6%BA%80%E8%BC%89

満載 = full of
突込みどころ = content suitable to be tsukkomi-ed

役どころ ⇒ http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/srch/all/%E5%BD%B9%E6%89%80/m0u/tab/

silimar to 役 here, i.e. her role in the play

Adding everything up, "Abe-san was hilarious, her part in the show just invites tsukkomi bombardment, so I promptly unloaded a couple on her. hehe"
maxperkins84
Kenshuusei

Post by maxperkins84 »

[quote="yuzu"]

[/quote]

Hi yuzu. I think adding a couple of lines around your quote makes it easier to understand the context:

<div>友達と3人で、泣いて!!笑</div>
<div> </div>
<div>終演後2~3分は3人とも頭からジャケットかぶってImage</div>
<div> </div>
<div>気持ちが落ち着くの待ってましたね笑</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>でも、</div>
<div>泣いてるのが自分だけだと気づいた時の</div>
<div>3人の行動力と言ったら半端なかった。笑</div>
<div> </div>
<div>すみやかに退場~</div>
<div> </div>

The 3 girls were moved to tears by what they saw ( a movie? performance?)
They hid their faces under their jackets and sat there waiting to calm down.
Then,
they noticed they were the only ones there who were crying. (and felt extremely embarrassed)
After that, their 行動力 ⇒ http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/srch/all/%E8%A1%8C%E5%8B%95%E5%8A%9B/m0u/ lit. moving power
was 半端ない ⇒ http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/srch/all/%E5%8D%8A%E7%AB%AF%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84/m0u/ youth slang lit. not half-assed

"And the next moment we were bolting out of the door at the speed of sound"
Skoban
つばきファクトリー

Post by Skoban »

Okay, I'd like to switch focus by dropping Miyamoto Karin and Kanazawa Tomoko.
In replacement, I'll pick up Suzuki Airi and Nakajima Saki. 
Though I'll finish up whatever Karin and Tomoko drafts that are remaining. Unless someone wants to pick them up.

With that,
<div>WhiteForte,  you can stop prepping for KanaTomo. Thank you for all your work. </div>
<div>Meikochi, you no longer need to prep Karin. I'll continue counting on you for Riho and Maasa though.</div>
<div>Marena, I hear you don't check the thread, but anyway, please treat me well.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Notes on Karin and Tomoko:</div>
<div>
<div>Karin generally writes long-ish posts, using standard language.</div>
<div>No special interests of note, though she often does talk about Kenshuusei members. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Tomoko writes long blog posts, generally using polite language.</div>
<div>From time to time she'll talk about movies. For movie titles, Wikipedia is your friend. (I've also used imdb once, but I'm not really familiar with it) </div>
</div>

[quote="Yuki"]
Okay, I finished one of the three just now. On this one I have a tiny question about 引かないでね...what does it mean in this context? (It's at the very end of the post) http://gree.jp/c_ute/blog/entry/676876407
[/quote]

My best guess is that it's in the sense of 'pulling a face', i.e. "Don't pull [such weird faces]". 
I found some examples on alc (see '顔を引きつらせる' - 'pull one's face' and '(~に)顔を引きつらせる' - 'pull a face (at)'), but '顔を引く' seems to have pretty wide applications.
maxperkins84
Kenshuusei

Post by maxperkins84 »

Hi Skoban & Yuki,

I think that here ひく is used in its primary role in youth slang, i.e. あきれる、しらける 。 This use is quite widespread, for a multitude of examples you can run a search for something like "何これ~ひくぅ~~"

On the definition of ひく ⇒ http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1217426272

Though the literal meaning invokes the image of physically pulling away from something unpleasant, the word seems to have actually evolved from the TV lingo for quickly zooming away, ドン引き ⇒ http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/leaf/jn2/162125/m0u/%E3%81%A9%E3%82%93%E3%81%B3%E3%81%8D/

In the context of the blog, "I'm gonna post some weird face photos, please don't be disgusted." Perhaps "disgusted" is too strong a word, she is being ironic at herself here.
Last edited by maxperkins84 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

^Thanks.  For some reason it never occurred to me that the jibun could refer to their group of three, and thought she just noticed at the end she was the only one in her group of friends still crying.
Kaori • Risako 

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="maxperkins84" data-cid="172139" data-time="1392855786">If I'm allowed to offer my version,</blockquote>
I don't know who you are, but thank you for coming over and offering your help. Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
rokun
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rokun »

[quote="maxperkins84"]
Hi Skoban & Yuki,

I think that here ひく is used in its primary role in youth slang, i.e. あきれる、しらける 。 This use is quite widespread, for a multitude of examples you can run a search for something like "何これ~ひくぅ~~"

On the definition of ひく ⇒ http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1217426272

Though the literal meaning invokes the image of physically pulling away from something unpleasant, the word seems to have actually evolved from the TV lingo for quickly zooming away, ドン引き ⇒ http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/leaf/jn2/162125/m0u/%E3%81%A9%E3%82%93%E3%81%B3%E3%81%8D/

In the context of the blog, "I'm gonna post some weird face photos, please don't be disgusted." Perhaps "disgusted" is too strong a word, she is being ironic at herself here.
[/quote]

That's pretty much what I was trying to say, but you certainly gave a more elegant translation. XD (draw away "in digust" at my face, etc., the mock self-consciousness many of them seem to have)

Also, thanks Skoban for taking over Airi and Nacky. I'll miss them, but there's just no way I can keep up with 4/5 of C-ute at the rate they post... That said, I hope someone picks Karin and Tomo back up sometime too ^^;
Last edited by rokun on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
suishouyuki
つばきファクトリー

Post by suishouyuki »

Thanks for your help on 引かないでね everyone! I really appreciate it! I put it as "Don't be put-off" (which is another way of saying "Don't be scared away/deterred from/etc.").

Banner by me.
Always a blue sky.