The K-Pop Spam Thread

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Ap2000
つんく♂

Re: The K-Pop Spam Thread

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="178881" data-time="1409284743">
Déjà vu por doquier

No more cute groups please...
</blockquote>

Unfortunately, K-Pop seems to go down that J-Pop road right now.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="178882" data-time="1409289803">
Cute's making a comeback. My friend says Apink are probably the most loved girl group in Korea right now.
</blockquote>

Ewwwwwww. :X

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="178883" data-time="1409290397">
Decided to watch the MV! I'm working on seeing what all this Kpop jazz is about. :whistling: (I still worship Ap as my Kpop mentor, though :adore: )

I really, really like the song. I find it catchy (with a few nice hooks, for me at least), and the MV is really vibrant without causing corneal explosions a la Kare to. I don't mind the cute at all, since I don't see it as overly obnoxious cute; it's executed well.
</blockquote>

As your mentor I tell you not to like cute K-Pop ! :dammit:
Unless it's Crayon Pop.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

If Korean Girlbands embraced the sexy concept and K-pop started being more 'americanized' 'to be' more appealing to western public, why cute groups are going to be the thing now?
Specially now, that K-pop got more attention since PSY, GG and numerous concerts and events on the US with K-pop artists

Btw just wanted to post this if you want to hear something 'new' between all these reflections of past cute groups
Super Junior - Mamacita
Since 12 of my 15 Facebook friends are southamericans, they're kind of freaking(? about this song, I just heard the teaser, enough.
I don't like SJ and I don't like southamerican music sung by anyone who is not actually southamerican

Edit: Ok I heard the song and it was surprisingly (for me) not that bad. I was expecting a lot of random Spanish but other than mamacita there are no other hispanic words haha. But hey Yesung, pls comeback right now...
Edit2: I forgot to post BTS' comeback; Danger, if I'm not wrong almost everyone here is more into girlbands than boybands, right?
Last edited by Derby on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Because everything goes in cycles. So many groups are doing sexy that not doing that sets you apart a bit.

I watched the Laboum Mnet stage and they were good.

I'm more into boy groups lately but BTS aren't one of them. I'm all about Got7 these days and I've been a fan of U-Kiss since their debut.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]
NHMedia and Nega Network teamed up to form a new girl group called Laboum. Here's their debut single "Pit a Pat".

4 of the girls are from Nega, one is from NHM and my friend and I can't figure out which company the sixth is from because both NHM and Nega had a trainee who goes by the name.
[/quote]

The AutoTune is pretty heavy on this, but not so heavy that it's done for effect. It's kind of distracting.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

EXID are back after nearly two years with a new song called Up and Down.

You probably don't know who EXID are, but they were created by Shinsadong Tiger who I can almost guarantee has at one point produced a kpop song you've heard. Also if you're like me and watch kpop lives, you'll recognize the girl who does the rapping at the beginning of the song. Her name is LE and she was involved in creating the song and also joined Hyuna in the beginning of her RED promotions for the Blacklist performance, which is a song she helped write. She also helped with French Kiss from Hyuna's album as well.

ST doesn't create for them anymore, though. They also had a lineup change early on (3 of Bestie's 4 members were in Exid) and left their old company, and I guess their budget also got left behind because the MV is kind of cheap.
Last edited by Anderei on Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I know EXID but I've never heard any song of them until now. I downloaded their whole discography, but I never listened to it haha
LE is like one of the best female rappers in K-pop right? All I know about her is that some people think she's better than everyone else, even my beloved Miryo</3

Now that I see all the EXID songs I have, they also have another Up & Down which is an OST for Incarnation of Money in 2013, and I personally like it better
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think LE's great. And a lot of the stuff she's helped write has turned out well too.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Anderei"]

You probably don't know who EXID are,
[/quote]

I do, but I only know Hani.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="178927" data-time="1409448767">

Also if you're like me and watch kpop lives, you'll recognize the girl who does the rapping at the beginning of the song.
</blockquote>

Read that as "if you like me" and was expecting you to enter the K-Pop market. haha
Last edited by Ap2000 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

lol AKFG. He and I used to visit the same forum. I remember when he started that site.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

A.Kor - But Go

They're a new girl group who just debuted. Depending on how much you follow kpop, you might have heard about their rapper Kemy (short lavender hair), because she released a diss track about Bom regarding her drug scandal. I actually really like the song and when I watched the live, they didn't slack on the choreo.

I'd like to know what the guy did to deserve this. D: I need more story closure.
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I like the song too, but I've never heard about Kemy.
I heard about Bom's scandal, but even if I'm a 2NE1 fan I was not even iterested. It was confirmed she was on drugs?
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It had to do with her bringing amphetamines into the country, and not getting investigated despite it being mandatory or something like that. I'm fuzzy on the details.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Kiss&Cry's company is going through some stuff, as Haena's contract has been cancelled and the entire group is on hiatus. They just debuted this year, so I'm putting my money on financial issues.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Eat Your Kimchi went and visited G-Dragon's Villa and ugh, the part near the end about his cat and dog. He should be ashamed of himself.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="179215" data-time="1410119740">Eat Your Kimchi went and visited G-Dragon's Villa and ugh, the part near the end about his cat and dog. He should be ashamed of himself.</blockquote>
Will that show ever have non-obnoxious people ? :sick:

I expected it to be a MTV Cribs thing, but apparently he only built those and is renting them.
What do mean about his dog and cat ?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Ap2000"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="179215" data-time="1410119740">
Eat Your Kimchi went and visited G-Dragon's Villa and ugh, the part near the end about his cat and dog. He should be ashamed of himself.
</blockquote>

Will that show ever have non-obnoxious people ? :sick:

I expected it to be a MTV Cribs thing, but apparently he only built those and is renting them.

What do mean about his dog and cat ?

[/quote]

Did you read the article? They talked about the conditions his cat and dog are living in. It's under the part called The Really Bad.

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="179233" data-time="1410141719">
Did you read the article? They talked about the conditions his cat and dog are living in. It's under the part called The Really Bad.
</blockquote>

I didn't notice the article. I just clicked on the video. :facepalm:

It's disgusting and unfortunately a lot of people in East and South Asia have a very weird view on pet animals. They just see them as tools they can store away.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She needs help.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Who? Is that Bom?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yes, and it's not a photoshop. She was already borderline uncanny valley when they debuted but lately she's been looking terrible. I don't think she's ever stopped doing stuff to her face.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

So many celebrity women get their lips puffed out and it just looks ridic. "Uncanny Valley" is a great description. A little work on the nose or eyes can be subtle, but fucking with the lips almost never goes well.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

True but I wouldn't describe the rest of her work as subtle. She just always looks like she's gotten something done and I feel like she probably has serious self image issues.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Yes, there's no doubt in my mind that Bom has insane self image issues, but look at the country she's from. South Korea's beauty standards and overall approach to beauty is disgusting, so she's just a product of that environment. The U.S. isn't too far removed from the same thinking, and the same women who would butcher their faces to hell and back to meet unattainable beauty standards.

I'm not personally involved in her struggle, but it's definitely not something she has to just keep doing. If she wanted help, she could get it. Her face has looked whack for a long time, but I'd say she looks less plastic in that picture than she did in 2NE1's Come Back Home promotions where she looked downright scary.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

MBLAQ's company is debuting a new boygroup. Photos are too big to post here but their names are Moos, Daewon, Lee Geon, Jota, Buffy (yes, really), and H.O (also, yes, really).

Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I'm cautiously excited for the group, but sad because it probably marks the beginning of the end for MBLAQ, who were one of my earliest kpop obsessions. It's unsurprising - they're all nearing military enlistment age and have been releasing music very infrequently for the last two years or so.  I would love for Mad Clown to have a similar music style to fill the gap MBLAQ will be leaving, but I have a feeling they're going to be more RnB and hip hop.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Late, but 2PM released their single GO CRAZY about two and half weeks ago.

I actually really like it. It's so much fun. They're already ending promotions for some reason, though.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="179995" data-time="1411930553">Late, but 2PM released their single GO CRAZY about two and half weeks ago.</blockquote>
This is a great party song. Their dance practice video is hilarious as well. It seems like half of their choreography is improvised.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Crayon Pop is getting it's first sub-unit:
http://blog.koreaboo.com/post/98803120058/crayon-pops-strawberry-milk-to-release-1st-mini-album

Unsurprisingly it's Way and Choa.

cSNaRvG.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

EXO's Luhan wants to terminate his contract with SME.

There's been rumors he's been leaving for a few days as he hasn't showed up at some events.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

It seems Strawberry Milk will be very J-pop-y (uh), at least judging by the MV teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opZCqcR3ekE

EDIT:

@Anderei; Seems it's already official:
http://www.soompi.com/2014/10/09/breaking-exos-luhan-reported-to-have-filed-a-lawsuit-against-sm-entertainment/

Great year for SM. GG SM
Last edited by Ap2000 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.