New questions for the new board

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Madara
ANGERME

New questions for the new board

Post by Madara »

Since Wiki.theppn is still down, it's time to come to you guys again for help with questions raised by watching the recent Special Units Mega Best DVD.

1) Why weren’t the Otome Gumi and Sakura Gumi songs included on The Special Units Mega Best CD/DVD? They’re far better than some that were included and I can’t think of a better way to describe Otome Gumi and Sakura Gumi than “special units.” Two of those songs only came out on one DVD, Petit Best 4, which has long been out of print.

2) In the Maimi/Nacchi video included on this DVD, “16sai no Koi Nante,” the two sing their song while standing in line to get in somewhere in the middle of winter. It’s not a theater. The entrance looks like a club entrance, although no one on line is dressed like they’re going clubbing. The line extends out in front of a steakhouse, but it doesn’t look like that’s where they’re going. There is a sign in Japanese over the entrance to wherever they’re going. Anybody know what they’re on line for?

3) Also included on the Special Units DVD is a clip from a concert or stage show featuring some H!P Eggs in a unit called Tomoiki Ki wo Uetai singing a song called, “Minna no Ki.” Arisa Noto is the only one I recognize. What show was this from? And what’s the context for this number, which includes a video screen showing footage of these same girls doing gardening and drinking herbal tea outdoors?

Thanks.
Hana
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: New questions for the new board

Post by Hana »

I can offer a guess on #1, an answer on #2, and a "?" on #3:

1) Probably because while they were units, they weren't supposed to be as separated from Morning Musume as say, Tanpopo & Pucchi Moni?

2) It's a ramen joint. Japanese restaurants tend to be very small, and if it's a good place, people *will* line up to eat there.
Last edited by Hana on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Post by tsukinobyouin »

[quote name='Madara' post='57581' date='Jan 24 2009, 06:14 PM']3) Also included on the Special Units DVD is a clip from a concert or stage show featuring some H!P Eggs in a unit called Tomoiki Ki wo Uetai singing a song called, “Minna no Ki.” Arisa Noto is the only one I recognize. What show was this from? And what’s the context for this number, which includes a video screen showing footage of these same girls doing gardening and drinking herbal tea outdoors?[/quote]

The name of the group kind of explains it - "Ki wo Uetai" means "I Want to Plant a Tree" and "Minna no Ki" means "Everyone's Tree." They're a promotional group for the NPO "Plant a Tree Plant Love." I couldn't remember the exact members, so I looked it up on the Japanese wiki. The members are Noto Arisa, Furukawa Konatsu, Maeda Yuuka, Mori Saki, and Saho Akari. Arihara Kanna, Oose Kaede, and Yutoku Ayumi used to be members, but obviously Kanna left to join C-ute, Kaede left to join THE Possible, and Ayumi left H!P altogether. I think some of the current members were added to replace the ones that graduated, so I'm not sure exactly who's featured on the PV on that DVD, or on the song on the CD. The song was originally released on H!P's indies label and sold at an event. Then it was later released on Pucchi Best 7, then the Mega Best. I'm not sure what member formations participated in each release, the wiki doesn't say.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥
peachgirldb
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by peachgirldb »

I think the original single was 4 people, but don't quote me on it.
denadel
Kenshuusei

Post by denadel »

These five participated on the cd:

Konatsu Furukawa

Kaede Ohse

Arisa Noto

Saki Mori

Yuuka Maeda

It doesnt say on the cd or dvd where the live was from, and with theppn being down i dunno..
ShinUkyo
Juice=Juice

Post by ShinUkyo »

[quote name='Madara' post='57581' date='Jan 24 2009, 06:14 PM']Why weren’t the Otome Gumi and Sakura Gumi songs included on The Special Units Mega Best CD/DVD? They’re far better than some that were included and I can’t think of a better way to describe Otome Gumi and Sakura Gumi than “special units.” Two of those songs only came out on one DVD, Petit Best 4, which has long been out of print.[/quote]

Sorry to bump an older post, but no one seems to have answered the end part of this question. Anyhow, the thing you said about Pucchibest4 is incorrect. The Sakura and Otome singles were all actually released as "SingleV" editions of some sort. The original two singles each had their own DVD's, while the second pair of singles came together on the same DVD. They are all still available to purchase, too. I double-checked at CDJapan to be sure, and it looks like they still have them all in stock:

Single V: Hare Ame Nochi Suki

Single V: Ai no Sono ~Touch My Heart!~

Single V: Sakura Mankai / Yuujou ~Kokoro no Busu ni Naranee!~
-ShinUkyo
MM-BBS 1st Generation. Almost 20 years and still going strong.
Now to make a new signature pic since my old ImageShack account was yeeted.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote name='ShinUkyo' post='62471' date='Mar 18 2009, 06:30 PM'][quote name='Madara' post='57581' date='Jan 24 2009, 06:14 PM']Why weren’t the Otome Gumi and Sakura Gumi songs included on The Special Units Mega Best CD/DVD? They’re far better than some that were included and I can’t think of a better way to describe Otome Gumi and Sakura Gumi than “special units.” Two of those songs only came out on one DVD, Petit Best 4, which has long been out of print.[/quote]

Sorry to bump an older post, but no one seems to have answered the end part of this question. Anyhow, the thing you said about Pucchibest4 is incorrect. The Sakura and Otome singles were all actually released as "SingleV" editions of some sort. The original two singles each had their own DVD's, while the second pair of singles came together on the same DVD. They are all still available to purchase, too. I double-checked at CDJapan to be sure, and it looks like they still have them all in stock:

Single V: Hare Ame Nochi Suki

Single V: Ai no Sono ~Touch My Heart!~

Single V: Sakura Mankai / Yuujou ~Kokoro no Busu ni Naranee!~

[/quote]

Actually, since I initially asked the question, the Petit Best 4 DVD has miraculously come back into print on CDJapan and I purchased it. Great stuff. Love those Sakura Gumi and Otome Gumi videos. And I will be ordering those individual Single V's for the alternate versions.

Thanks.