Remioromen

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Remioromen

Post by tsukinobyouin »

So I know a fair amount of people jumped on the Remioromen bandwagon when Konayuki came out, how many of you are still on it?

Yume no Tsubomi came out while the board was down (maybe), so I'm throwing it in this thread with their new song Sakura, which will be on their upcoming Best Album (already?). Thoughts?

Yume no Tsubomi is a pretty decent song, but nothing about it really grabs me and makes me want to play it over again the way some of their previous singles have on a first listen. Sakura is another attempt to move away from their usual ballads, but I don't like it as much as Yume. I'm hoping in the future they'll include the orchestral version somewhere as a b-side, maybe with them singing over it like they had with the alternate version of 3gatsu9ka. That version grabs me a lot more. Also lol at Oguri Shun's awesome hair.
Last edited by tsukinobyouin on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥
eri
ANGERME

Re: Remioromen

Post by eri »

I must be the only person who dislikes their ballads. Remioromen is great, but their ballads usually come off like generic "easy listening rock." For example, Yume no Tsubomi show cases the lead singer's unique voice but... as I listen to it, I can only picture really cheesy dramatic scenes from a 1990s romantic drama running along with it.

I like songs like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqpuxf2xHhc much better.
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Re: Remioromen

Post by tsukinobyouin »

[quote name='mEri' post='60103' date='Feb 16 2009, 06:28 PM']I must be the only person who dislikes their ballads. Remioromen is great, but their ballads usually come off like generic "easy listening rock." For example, Yume no Tsubomi show cases the lead singer's unique voice but... as I listen to it, I can only picture really cheesy dramatic scenes from a 1990s romantic drama running along with it.

I like songs like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqpuxf2xHhc much better.[/quote]

I think that's what makes their ballads hit or miss for me. They're either really emotional ala Konayuki, or fall a little short like you said. If you haven't heard it yet, Minami Kaze is an awesome non-ballad song. Stuff like that has kind of been missing since they made it big with Konayuki.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥