ravex - Believe in LOVE

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

neshcom
ANGERME

ravex - Believe in LOVE

Post by neshcom »

Tracklist:

1. Believe in LOVE feat. BoA

2. Golden LUV feat. MAKI GOTO

3. MEGA ravex

Download available for cool members

Believe in LOVE: Not bad. Maybe a little slow. Very well sung, though. Very mellow.

Golden LUV: This started off slow, so I was skeptical, but when it picked up, I was really happy. Goto sounds different. It reminds me a lot of her younger works.

MEGA ravex: Mash-up of ravex songs and ravex remixes (including E-Z DO DANCE I think?) as well as One More Night, a MONKEY MAJIK digital-only song. It's well mixed, but kind of cacophonous at points.
Pucchi-Mo
ANGERME

Re: ravex - Believe in LOVE

Post by Pucchi-Mo »

I don't know about this one. The mixing seems a bit amateurish, there's too much crap going on and without any real purpose.

It's okay, but there seems to be a lack of effort.

The only thing that I really like is the part where it sounds like the track is skipping and she sings to match it. I know it's more BoA's single, and she should get the better song, but ugh.

Maki's return should be stronger than this.

They started with a hacked up performance of the one thing she wrote herself, and then random features here and there.

Come on, give us a full single, and with a good club beat.

I liked Track 3. "EEee~ Nani sore chou tanoshii???"

What song used that line?
Last edited by Pucchi-Mo on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delivering bad puns and deciphering 
Tsunku's madness for ten whole years!

You're welcome.  :thumbsup:
EmEl
ANGERME

Post by EmEl »

Okay, I haven't listened to it yet, so I apologize about not talking about the music, but did they just take some old Osamu Tezuka artwork and slap it on the cover?
Last edited by EmEl on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What's the first thing you do when you return home after a concert?

LinLin: "I stop thinking and stare into nothingness."
ostrich
Kenshuusei

Post by ostrich »

[quote name='EmEl' post='60312' date='Feb 18 2009, 07:54 PM']Okay, I haven't listened to it yet, so I apologize about not talking about the music, but did they just take some old Osamu Tezuka artwork and slap it on the cover?[/quote]

That would be consistent with the music video for "Believe in LOVE".

As for the song itself, I can't say that I like it too much... it might be good for background music.. as neshcom said, it's very mellow, which I don't find too appealing.

Aside from that, I can't find a place online where I can listen to the other songs.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

[quote name='TightWetPucchi' post='60310' date='Feb 18 2009, 07:10 PM']I liked Track 3. "EEee~ Nani sore chou tanoshii???"

What song used that line?[/quote]

It's from I RAVE U, their first single. It's from the DJ OZMA versions.

[quote name='EmEl' post='60312' date='Feb 18 2009, 07:54 PM']Okay, I haven't listened to it yet, so I apologize about not talking about the music, but did they just take some old Osamu Tezuka artwork and slap it on the cover?[/quote]

Actually, he's part of ravex. He's collaborating with the DJs for artwork.
EmEl
ANGERME

Post by EmEl »

Well, the reason I was wondering was because he's been dead for 20 years, so his collaboration can't be that deeply intertwined.

Okay, now that I've listened to it, does anyone know the credits or how ravex works? Like does Shinichi Osawa do one song and the others do others, or do they all just work together? Sorry, I don't know much about ravex, I just know m-flo and Shinichi Osawa.

What's the first thing you do when you return home after a concert?

LinLin: "I stop thinking and stare into nothingness."
peachgirldb
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by peachgirldb »

Maki's song reminds me of Leah Dizon's music, not really in any compositional way, but in overall cheese factor.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

[quote name='EmEl' post='60334' date='Feb 18 2009, 09:30 PM']Well, the reason I was wondering was because he's been dead for 20 years, so his collaboration can't be that deeply intertwined.

Okay, now that I've listened to it, does anyone know the credits or how ravex works? Like does Shinichi Osawa do one song and the others do others, or do they all just work together? Sorry, I don't know much about ravex, I just know m-flo and Shinichi Osawa.[/quote]

Looking over the site, I think it's a collab with his visual works studio. As far as contributions, all three DJs are listed in all of their songs, so I believe it is truly a three-way production.
vanillacat
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by vanillacat »

I actually like Believe in LOVE, however... I think the producers/composers/whoever shot a little low - they could made BoA shine more during the verses, it sounds like she's singing in a really low range and doesn't do a whole lot for her voice. The arrangement is very interesting, I kind of like the mixture of the epic slow parts with the more bopping electronic part. However, it's not really STICKING with me - it's good, but not catchy?

Golden LUV! I started bouncing when the typical m-flo-y instruments came in, I'll admit - I forget how much I love m-flo sometimes, haha. This song is more along the lines of what I was expecting when I saw who was behind ravex.

The lightness of her voice is well-suited for the lightness of the song, I guess? I like this better than Believe in LOVE, already, although again - it's not sticking.

Both songs FEEL remix-y though, opposed to... original song-y? On that note, I can't say I care for the remix; Pucchi was right on the money when he said it sounded amateurish, especially considering the producers.

(aside: I can't hear the Tohoshinki, and I pride myself on knowing most of their discography. According to the [more TVXQ-crazed than I ever want to be] internet, it's from 1:50 - 2:32, but I don't recognize the song. Is there a list of what songs went into the megamix somewhere?)
[center]Image

lj | twitter | last.fm | pupe | tumblr[/center]
tsukinobyouin
ANGERME

Post by tsukinobyouin »

[quote name='TightWetPucchi' post='60310' date='Feb 18 2009, 07:10 PM']I don't know about this one. The mixing seems a bit amateurish, there's too much crap going on and without any real purpose.

It's okay, but there seems to be a lack of effort.[/quote]

That's basically the feel I'm getting from the Maki song. As I listened to it, I kept feeling like there were parts I could really get into if something else that was going on at the same time wasn't there getting in the way. It sounds like a b-side as well - which it is, but like Pumo said she should be getting a real single instead of these download only and b-side things.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image

[personal blog | fandom tumblr | sailor moon stuff | coming soon - store!]

Banner by Miss Moonlight♥
AEUGNewtype
ANGERME

Post by AEUGNewtype »

Believe in LOVE has a really awesome minimalist/epic sound to it and I like it quite a bit. The varied kinds of arrangement throughout help to give it a really unique feel and I think it fits her voice really well.

The horns sample in the background of the Maki song sound really cool, but the song is really boring overall. It sounds like a pretty generic avex dance song.

The MEGA Ravex song is really pointless and boring. I don't like these techno kind of megamixes that often get played at raves and shit. I like a fairly concise song that I can listen to and take in all at once, not a bunch of completely different crap mixed together with small transitions.