Human aesthetics.

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

Melon
ANGERME

Re: Human aesthetics.

Post by Melon »

It depends. Some women ARE really shallow, and their "college" is merely a tool for them to meet a man that will become rich so they can be the Stepford Wife. Now, when you are discussing marriage and kids, of course money, children and career will come up. That isn't until after you've been together awhile, but I know there's some broad out there that went "$$$" upon hearing her date wanted to be a MD.

Some women are attracted to intelligence, so a MD would be a logical choice (though after dealing with some of these Doctors, I can tell you some are err...let's just say I wouldn't go to them for any advice).

All women being superficial and wanting tall macho model men is full of shit. I'm short (5'2") and I've dated guys that were slightly above my height (never met a guy shorter/as short as me). It's actually pretty neat to be able to stand up straight and look someone in the eye without tilting your neck up.

The guys I liked tended to be, well, not high scoring on the looks department, but their personality or "ugly" feature became their charm point. People like that are more fun to talk to than the "beautiful" people, as I've noticed they tend to be less superficial in choosing who they talk to and more mature/grounded in general. A person is worth more than their looks and their monetary value.

Perhaps in the relationship on TV, going by the superficial route, both were satisfied. The man gets his "model" girlfriend to show off, and the girl gets her "wealthy" man to brag about. I don't think a relationship like that can last very long.