Kago's Third Time is NOT the Charm

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

eri
ANGERME

Re: Kago's Third Time is NOT the Charm

Post by eri »

[quote name='alita87' post='61874' date='Mar 9 2009, 07:13 AM']But it's not just some convoluted line of reasoning, it's just culturally true. Whatever you may think of cheating, it is culturally accepted here. ... it's stating a fact. It's not to say that wives won't feel shamed or hate that they are being cheated on but it is not likely to lead to divorce. And it's not just coming from one conversation, we read tons of studies and published reports about marriage, divorce and the reasons for it back when I was in school.[/quote]

Cheating is not culturally accepted in Japan.

Should I say it again, for emphasis? Cheating is not culturally accepted in Japan.

PS. You also directly contradict yourself in your post. If cheating is "culturally accepted", then why would wives feel "shamed" or "hate" it? That doesn't even make sense.
Last edited by eri on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kago
Juice=Juice

Post by Kago »

Don't waste your time with logic and reasoning, Eri. Alita always has and always will be convinced that she's the cultural authority on Japan because she majored in Asian studies and has assimilated as a wota.
vanillacat
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by vanillacat »

Last time I checked, cheating wasn't culturally accepted ANYWHERE. Period, end of story?

Kago is essentially a home wrecker. Whether there were already problems with the marriage or not, she still had a relationship with a married man, and that's a no-no EVERYWHERE. We don't know the details or to what extent, but that seems to be the way the cookie is crumbling.*

(sorry, I've always wanted to use that phrase. 8o )
[center]Image

lj | twitter | last.fm | pupe | tumblr[/center]
Kaworu
Juice=Juice

Post by Kaworu »

Haha this is kinda off topic, but I was just reading a blog of a friend of mine that went to Taiwan recently, and had to stop in Tokyo to take a plane to Taipei. Anyways, she used to be a MM fan back in the day, and she wrote that she saw a magazine with KAgo on the cover of it, and she was SO excited, she immediately grabbed the magazine and opened it to find Kago. The point of the story is that the magazine was an adult magazine, full of naked girls in really sexual poses. And although Kago wasn't naked in it or anything, well, it was an adult magazine and she was on the cover of it. Sad and funny. Funny for my friend who got weird looks from japanese girls on the store xD