MEG - Journy EP

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

JPope
ANGERME

MEG - Journy EP

Post by JPope »

So MEG has a new EP out, Journey.

It's produced by the Shanghai Restoration Project, and it's pretty good. Not a total departure from her Yasutaka Nakata produced stuff, but definitely more experimental and minimalist while at the same time very melodic and accessible. Oh yeah, she sings mostly in english. I like it a lot.
Joel
こぶしファクトリー

Re: MEG - Journy EP

Post by Joel »

It's awesome. I like this then her other albums. Very interesting stuff in this EP. I like Droplets the most. She usually has an ok voice imo, but for some reason, she sounds way more awesome then usual.

Set done by Gypchan!
surasshu
こぶしファクトリー

Post by surasshu »

I can't stand her voice, but damn if this album doesn't rock. Some of the songs being in English will bother some people, but it's okay for me. I already loved the Shanghai Restauration Project from their Instrumentals album (and to a lesser extent their non-instrumental albums as well), and this is like 90% them, 10% Nakata-influenced MEG-style. Brilliant.
[center]Anyway, you can just like whatcha like!☆[/center]
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

This is the first time I've ever heard this artist.

Her voice's processing reminds me of the vocaloid Hatsune Miku. I normally don't listen to this type of music, it's interesting. I don't know if this is my computer or what, but the fading in softly to loud is annoying me. I like the simplicity of the songs, sweet and catchy.

I liked Just like that the most.