Tokyo Girls Collection Fall/Winter 2009

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

eri
ANGERME

Tokyo Girls Collection Fall/Winter 2009

Post by eri »

http://gw.tv/tgc/09AW/report/show/index.html

TGC is a big fashion show they hold every year that is aimed at teenage girls. I like it because it isn't a normal high fashion show but is kind of ridiculous youth/trend oriented. They invite the big Japanese fashion stores and don't really use "real" models and have musical guests. Everything is glittery and tacky and paired with knee high boots. I think they get a ton of H!P celebrities to model stuff too -- I'll try to find something Ichii Sayaka wore.

Read more

here.

I've also noticed that trends move East to West so it is more fun for me to look at shows like this. Fashions in Asia always come to the US after a few months. I've heard it is because designers like to "test" out trends in Asia first, but who knows. So the lesson is:

1. 90s grunge is back

2. Everyone should look like an emo hooker!

Tsuji!

I can't find Ichii anywhere!! But I did see this insane feather dress, if you want to dress up like a crow for Halloween

Samples:

31 Sons de Mode:

Rope:

ef-de

Justglitty

Beams

Top Shop (yeah yeah this isn't Japanese but...)

Million Carats

Isetan

??

Joel
こぶしファクトリー

Re: Tokyo Girls Collection Fall/Winter 2009

Post by Joel »

Those shoes are hawt.

Tsuji looks cute! So when you say a ton of H!P celebs, how much is a ton?
Last edited by Joel on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Set done by Gypchan!
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote name='Joel' post='68610' date='Sep 7 2009, 06:16 PM']Those shoes are hawt.

Tsuji looks cute! So when you say a ton of H!P celebs, how much is a ton?[/quote]

I'm not sure but I know Tsuji has done it before and Ichii was invited this year. Didn't Hangry & Angry model last year?

Found Ichii!

edit: Also, Yamada Yu and Karina seem to be modeling too. I don't recognize any other celebrities though.
Last edited by eri on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

[quote name='mEri' post='68609' date='Sep 7 2009, 08:02 PM']Image[/quote]

This is adorable! I would totally rock this~

A long time ago I liked collecting fashion mags from France, Italy, and Japan. They seem to be the origins of all fashion trends. It's funny watching them eek over years later.