Fuji TV doesn't want "other" opinions

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

Ap2000
つんく♂

Fuji TV doesn't want "other" opinions

Post by Ap2000 »

http://www.japanprobe.com/2009/12/07/benja...ott-of-fuji-tv/

[center]---------------------[/center]

Conspiracy theorist Benjamin Fulford is outraged because a Japanese TV network called him up and asked him to present mainstream American views on their program. Unlike some of the other stuff he writes about, this actually seems kind of believable:

"The other night I got called by Fuji Television, a major Japanese network. They told me they wanted to invite me to speak on a news program about Obama’s economic policies. I explained to them that Obama was presiding over an economic disaster of historic proportions. Using only data that came from official sources I showed how the real unemployment rate was 17.5%. I explained in detail how the US government was faking its economic data. I showed how Obama borrowed $1 trillion from the Chinese last year and had already spent it and was not getting any more. I told them to check various governments official data to confirm that no foreigners were buying US government bonds. They asked me to look at the site called recovery.gov. I looked at it and explained to them that it was all smoke and mirrors. It was just unkept promises and feel good talk. The TV producer told me to wait a minute because he had to talk to his superior. He then said to me “I am sorry but your television appearance has been cancelled. The aim of this program is to convince the Japanese they should imitate the US.” In other words a so-called “news” program decides in advance what it wants to tell the Japanese people and damn the facts. Running a program like that for an evil foreign group is treason. Real news programs just objectively provide the facts and let the people form their own opinions. We are calling for an international advertizing boycott of Fuji Television until they clean up their act. We are also asking people to phone Fuji Television and ask for their public relations department to explain why they are doing this. Fuji’s telephone number is 813-5500-8888. It is time to discipline the corporate media worldwide."

[hat tip to John]

[center]---------------------[/center]

I don't really know anything about that guy and he is portrayed as a somewhat unreliable person ("Conspiracy theorist", "actually seems kind of believable"), but this is something really despicable of Fuji TV.
thamychan
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: Fuji TV doesn't want "other" opinions

Post by thamychan »

They wanted a conspiracy theorist to go on air and speak good things about the USA? Isn't that the same as calling Hugo Chavez? It's a fishy story but the data used in it doesn't sound fishy at least.
Special Needs Tricycle
ANGERME

Re: Fuji TV doesn't want "other" opinions

Post by Special Needs Tricycle »

Sorry, are they just taking this guy's word for it? It sounds to me like he spouted a bunch of conspiracy theories at them and when they told him it wasn't going to fly, then he just up and said that Fuji TV wanted him to tell Japanese people to be more like Americans and that Fuji TV doesn't want any outside opinions. The fact that he's even labeled a conspiracy theorist and not a journalist should raise a red flag. Looking at his Wikipedia article, the guy also believes that AIDS and SARS were created for ethnic cleansing and that 9/11 was an inside job. "Real news programs just objectively provide the facts and let the people form their own opinions." Indeed. Just how real news programs should consult real journalists instead of some nutcase with a blog.

If he had told them to give me more Idoling!!!, then maybe, just MAYBE he'd be credible.

(ps fuji tv give me more idoling)