The New All Purpose SNSD Thread

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Re: The New All Purpose SNSD Thread

Post by arcobaleno »

Haha, that is pretty strange looking. They all look super-gorgeous, though!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="178812" data-time="1409162717">
Here's the video from their Las Vegas photobook:
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Z3Vi0 ... Vi0aoXo</a>

Bizarrely, they are wearing clothes over their swimwear. Who does that ?</blockquote>

Koreans.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

SM has been paying for tons and tons of white painting to make their Idols look whiter, they don't want them to get tanned
Last edited by Derby on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

The Audio of Whisper by TTS is out. As always (  :girlie: ) I have no information, I don't know if this is the tittle track or just 1 album song
I REALLY HOPE this is not the title track, because it's too boring to be promoted on every music show. A good song but it just deserves one performance like Baby Steps
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It's not the title track. Title is called Holla Day I think?
Last edited by Anderei on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Yeah, Whisper is boring.
They're appearing on shows soon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy1J__24Mlo
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

"Whisper" is a fine song. It's a great B-side recording.
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

"Holler" MV teaser and highlights medley have been released.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Ok, that sounds more like TaeTiSeo to me
I'm looking forward to hear 0:18 and 0:39
Last edited by Derby on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="moralar"]
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WALpTrWpxzM">"Holler" MV teaser</a>
[/quote]

HNNNNGGGGG :jerkit:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Album is out. Response seems pretty mixed.
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

<a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXfxVm3V55I">Holler MV</a> is out. It looks like with 1/3 of the members, they get at least 3x the budgets to spend on sets.

As for the album, I appreciate that they went for something a little different, even if I'm not completely enthralled by the result. I still think this is a much stronger album than Mr.^2. In the two promo tracks (Holler and Adrenaline) there seems to be more of an emphasis on frenetic arrangements this time around, as opposed to Twinkle's more laid-back arrangements and relatively exposed vocals. But given that they couldn't actually sing the Twinkle songs live, maybe it's for the best that the erstwhile stress on vocal virtuosity was dialed back a bit.

And ... I think I like Holler (the track, not the album as a whole) better than Twinkle?! Admittedly, that's more of a measure of how much I grew to dislike Twinkle. The tempo was overly sluggish, making the wait for the canned instrumentals between lines drag a bit, and those horrendously strained F#5s at every live performance were an auditory nightmare. Holler exists solely as a 3-minute delivery vehicle for Taeyeon's line in the bridge, and yet is still superior. It's even the slightest bit catchy on its own merits.

Baby Steps and Love Sick remain unmatched by anything on Holler, but the latter's lineup of B-sides does have bright spots. I liked Whisper, and grew to like the bouncy Adrenaline after watching the live performance. Of the three tracks that sound like OT9 album filler, Only U is blandly pleasant. The curiously poorly sung Stay and the baffling Eyes get the skip button.
Last edited by moralar on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="moralar"]
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXfxVm3V55I">Holler MV</a> is out. It looks like with 1/3 of the members, they get at least 3x the budgets to spend on sets.

[/quote]

There's so much going on, I need an ultra-slowmotion version.

Which Twinkle lives did you not like ?
I thought most of them were fabulous.
Love Sick was the most boring song on Twinkle (but still above average for K-Pop). :X

I haven't listened to the whole album yet, but I hopefully can get my hands on it today.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Just by the 1st hear
1. Holler & Adrenaline
2'5. Eyes - I know it's not even that good but I'm not so into ballads
2. Only You
3. Whisper
4. Stay

And Holler is great, I thought I like Twinkle better but I don't know, I think the styles are too different to compare
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="moralar" data-cid="179563" data-time="1410945612"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXfxVm3V55I">Holler MV</a> is out. It looks like with 1/3 of the members, they get at least 3x the budgets to spend on sets.

As for the album, I appreciate that they went for something a little different, even if I'm not completely enthralled by the result. I still think this is a much stronger album than Mr.^2. In the two promo tracks (Holler and Adrenaline) there seems to be more of an emphasis on frenetic arrangements this time around, as opposed to Twinkle's more laid-back arrangements and relatively exposed vocals. But given that they couldn't actually sing the Twinkle songs live, maybe it's for the best that the erstwhile stress on vocal virtuosity was dialed back a bit.

And ... I think I like Holler (the track, not the album as a whole) better than Twinkle?! Admittedly, that's more of a measure of how much I grew to dislike Twinkle. The tempo was overly sluggish, making the wait for the canned instrumentals between lines drag a bit, and those horrendously strained F#5s at every live performance were an auditory nightmare. Holler exists solely as a 3-minute delivery vehicle for Taeyeon's line in the bridge, and yet is still superior. It's even the slightest bit catchy on its own merits.

Baby Steps and Love Sick remain unmatched by anything on Holler, but the latter's lineup of B-sides does have bright spots. I liked Whisper, and grew to like the bouncy Adrenaline after watching the live performance. Of the three tracks that sound like OT9 album filler, Only U is blandly pleasant. The curiously poorly sung Stay and the baffling Eyes get the skip button.</blockquote>

lol my friends' main complaints were that it sounded like an SNSD album.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I never liked the forced funk-blues of "Twinkle," but I'm digging "Holler" from the get go, precisely because it sounds like classic SNSD. I like that sound.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Trivia: The headphones they use at 2:50 are the Razer gaming headsets Kraken Pro Neon.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I've listened to the whole mini-album now and I think I don't like a single song.
Adrenaline has an acceptable refrain and that's about it.
I'm extremely disappointed after liking Twinkle so much.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I think Adrenaline's choreography is something we should talk about
IDK! I just felt weird when I saw the three of them doing that step at 0:45,
like "why are Taeyeon, Tiff and Seohyun doing that?" I could imagine any other group with this choreo, but not really TTS/SNSD
But maybe it's just me

The good thing is that finally TTS/SNSD has a more challenging choreo, since IGAB (I know...)
Last edited by Derby on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Derby"]
I think Adrenaline's choreography is something we should talk about
IDK! I just felt weird when I saw the three of them doing that step at 0:45,
like "why are Taeyeon, Tiff and Seohyun doing that?" I could imagine any other group with this choreo, but not really TTS/SNSD
But maybe it's just me

The good thing is that finally TTS/SNSD has a more challenging choreo, since IGAB (I know...)
[/quote]

The album doesn't try to be classy imo, as Twinkle did, so they probably thought about doing sleazier choreographies. Who knows.
The lyrics seem to suggest that the adrenaline is another (imaginary) person: http://www.kpoplyrics.net/snsd-taetiseo-adrenaline-lyrics-english-romanized.html

Anyway, the legs are hot.

The real act of insult is the low bitrate on those videos.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Legs are hot, yes. What I didn't like of this comeback is that they all have the same tone on their hair, they kind of look like Orange Caramel when they are dressed to look like triplets
More variety and more vibrant tones would have made them look more stunning. And yes the quality sucks XD it's awful to see this performance with a 2004 Nokia graphics
Last edited by Derby on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Derby"]
Legs are hot, yes. What I didn't like of this comeback is that they all have the same tone on their hair, they kind of look like Orange Caramel when they are dressed to look like triplets
More variety and more vibrant tones would have made them look more stunning. And yes the quality sucks XD it's awful to see this performance with a 2004 Nokia graphics
[/quote]

OC goes insane with their costumes, though !
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="179638" data-time="1411166652">

More variety and more vibrant tones would have made them look more stunning. And yes the quality sucks XD it's awful to see this performance with a 2004 Nokia graphics</blockquote>

The kpop trend is to make the group look like they a shared one box of hair dye.

We live in tough economic times, Derby.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I don't like Adrenaline. It can't decide if it wants to be sexy or cute, and both in one song is causing mood whiplash for me. I may adjust to it later because it has a lot of really great things going for it (fun choreography, costumes, catchy chorus, etc.), but right now I'm just confused.

I really like Holler though! I hate Twinkle as a song so I think Holler is a vast improvement on those tacky ass high notes.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="Anderei"]
We live in tough economic times, Derby.
[/quote]
That MV budget does not say the same! But spending so much money on the MV that leaves them with no money for hair dye would make sense
<div> </div>

[quote="showraniy"]
I hate Twinkle as a song so I think Holler is a vast improvement on those tacky ass high notes.
[/quote]
I, personally, miss Twinkle, as a Mini as well as a song. Holler isn't growing on me, I like Adrenaline better
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

They released a Japanese song called Divine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHosAN08lCg

There's also a story version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tZVuk48fxg
Last edited by Ap2000 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Jessica's company is having a contest where you can submit designs!

"BLANC & ECLARE Loves Giving"
Budding fashion designers and fans can enter the BLANC & ECLARE Design Competition by submitting sketches via email to <a class="bbc_url" href="mailto:giving.contest@blancgroup.com" title="External link">giving.contest@blancgroup.com</a>. On November 20, 2014, the entry period will close and Head Designer Jessica Jung will select a shortlist that will be featured on a designated website where people can cast their vote for a certain period. The winning design by majority vote will be announced shortly thereafter with presales and expected delivery by Spring 2015.        

Terms and conditions
Once a design is submitted to the contest, the designer agrees to transfer ownership of the design to BLANC & ECLARE. To recognize the designer’s contribution to the winning style, his/her name will be engraved on the inside temple of every pair produced and sold.

It seems like they just want to scrounge up new designs. This company is so odd. The original post on the website also mentioned nothing about donating to charity. And the Asian branch of said charity literally just launched and for some reason that feels strange to me as well.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

This company is a straight up plagiarized scam, and Jessica should be ashamed to even have her name associated with it. What the hell, this is obviously a way to get designs in as quickly as possible so they can actually have designs to sell, which is fine. But it doesn't sound like they have any intention of paying any of the proceeds to the winning designer or even giving a slice of the sales off the top to them. I get that she was booted unexpectedly so may not have had her business where she wanted, but come on. Come on.

Tacky. It's just tacky.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="180885" data-time="1413444565">It seems like they just want to scrounge up new designs.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="180900" data-time="1413495471">What the hell, this is obviously a way to get designs in as quickly as possible so they can actually have designs to sell, which is fine.</blockquote>
But this is the idea behind literally every user-submitted content contest. :lol: Be it photography, advertising slogans, designs for stuff, the contestant gets a warm fuzzy feeling and maybe a prize if they win, and the company gets a load of free content that they invariably made all entrants surrender all rights to. Even if they give an actual reward that costs say 10k, they still save high six figures to millions (I'm talking USD) they would spend on hiring a real creative agency to do it for them.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

In this case the name of the designer even gets on every single item sold.