The New All Purpose SNSD Thread

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: The New All Purpose SNSD Thread

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="180915" data-time="1413548101"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="180885" data-time="1413444565">
It seems like they just want to scrounge up new designs.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="180900" data-time="1413495471">
What the hell, this is obviously a way to get designs in as quickly as possible so they can actually have designs to sell, which is fine.</blockquote>
But this is the idea behind literally every user-submitted content contest. :lol: Be it photography, advertising slogans, designs for stuff, the contestant gets a warm fuzzy feeling and maybe a prize if they win, and the company gets a load of free content that they invariably made all entrants surrender all rights to. Even if they give an actual reward that costs say 10k, they still save high six figures to millions (I'm talking USD) they would spend on hiring a real creative agency to do it for them.</blockquote>

I think that's very lazy for a new company and a new designer if she wants people to respect her.

And that charity is a hedge-fund charity whose first international branch was in the Cayman Islands. If you want to help needy children, why is your first international expansion to a huge tourism spot that is one of the wealthiest islands in the world, and the wealthiest in the Caribbean?

And as I mentioned before, when it was originally announced, it made zero mention of said charity at all. I'm still trying to figure out why they'd want to partner with Jessica's company at all. It's so new you don't even know if you'll get a decent return from that one design.

It's not weird to me that there's no reward, it's everything else.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Oh, is that standard procedure? I retract my indignation then, but still find the whole company shady for the plagiarism issues. I find it hard to believe that company was invented without any research into another company with the same name selling the same products.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Ah, I'm not defending them, just saying that this kind of "contests" is pretty commonplace really.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="180915" data-time="1413548101">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="180885" data-time="1413444565">
It seems like they just want to scrounge up new designs.
</blockquote>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="180900" data-time="1413495471">
What the hell, this is obviously a way to get designs in as quickly as possible so they can actually have designs to sell, which is fine.
</blockquote>
But this is the idea behind literally every user-submitted content contest. :lol: Be it photography, advertising slogans, designs for stuff, the contestant gets a warm fuzzy feeling and maybe a prize if they win, and the company gets a load of free content that they invariably made all entrants surrender all rights to. Even if they give an actual reward that costs say 10k, they still save high six figures to millions (I'm talking USD) they would spend on hiring a real creative agency to do it for them.</blockquote>

I think that's very lazy for a new company and a new designer if she wants people to respect her.

And that charity is a hedge-fund charity whose first international branch was in the Cayman Islands. If you want to help needy children, why is your first international expansion to a huge tourism spot that is one of the wealthiest islands in the world, and the wealthiest in the Caribbean?

[/quote]

Same reason any other company opens an office there: it's a tax haven. They're not in the Caymans to conduct charity.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Ap2000"]
In this case the name of the designer even gets on every single item sold.
[/quote]

This is not a minor thing, either, especially if it becomes a popular design. Having a "Designed by (Winner's Name Here)" tag in a hot design would launch that designer's career pretty much over night.
Last edited by JPope on Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I forgot to post this but, here is another new song from The Best: Show Girls
As some of you know Showgirls is my favorite movie so I'm really happy with this  :heart:
I like the song overall but the chorus could be way better, is way too simple and repetitive..
Image Hey
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I'm rooting for Sica, but something about the way this business is being handled smells fishy to me. I don't know.  I thought people were being paranoid when they first started talking about her boyfriend being shady, but perhaps I should have known better.  I just found it a bit ridiculous that people were hating on him because a few gossip mags claimed he cheated on his last girlfriend, while totally skipping over the fact that Sooyoung's beau stalked his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend and beat the shit out of him, which is... much worse.
Last edited by Farrah on Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Into the new world (Ballad ver.) without Jessica in Tokyo Dome

Nothing new, just a really heart-touching performance...

<////////////3
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Just came across this video of SNSD girls' pre-audition videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7V26APxG2I
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Their next single will be a Japanese one and called "Catch me if you can".

Taeyeon uploaded a picture with their outfits on:

11123865_366449750209811_698270241_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="186851" data-time="1427906359">Their next single will be a Japanese one and called "Catch me if you can".</blockquote>
If it's a cover of You Know Who then colour me very excited. =3=

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="186851" data-time="1427906359">
Their next single will be a Japanese one and called "Catch me if you can".
</blockquote>

If it's a cover of You Know Who then colour me very excited. =3=

[/quote]
Maybe it's the musical version of that one movie.

[spoiler2]

I'm sure you were expecting a different one.
[/spoiler2]
Last edited by Ap2000 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Promotional photo

Also, Yuri stated already "long time ago" that they're preparing their Korean comeback with a new album, probably for May.
And is said too that Taeyeon is supposed to be debuting as a soloist this month
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Derby"]
Promotional photo

Also, Yuri stated already "long time ago" that they're preparing their Korean comeback with a new album, probably for May.
And is said too that Taeyeon is supposed to be debuting as a soloist this month
[/quote]

You mean Yuri said that herself about the Taeyeon solo?
Because that rumour has been going on for quite some time.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

No I meant Yuri talked about the Korean album
The Taeyeon solo was random info that was posted on their Hispanic wikia (yes) quite some time ago like the Japanese single
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

The teaser doesn't really give much away, but they all look sweaty. lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezfJHpLPNXw
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Woooooow I'm so excited right now I already forgot about JESSICAcome back pleaaaaaase.

I'm not sure if I told you this but I really liked Nine Muses - Gun's abandoned factory in the middle of nowhere so I'm loving this set too!!!!!!!
Image Hey
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

The teaser doesn't really tell us anything but I'm expecting awesome things judging by the teaser photos at least :D
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

I'm a little confused as to why it seems to be so hard for SM to buy a good song.

At least it's good to see all of them putting effort into the choreography. The dance line got decent exposure and I like Yoona's hairstyle.
Last edited by moralar on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

They're alread out.
J-Pop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b09U0KLv6I4

K-Pop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSCmafwLKE4

In other news, Mr. Taxi hit 100 million views.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I don't really like the parts sung by the 4 singers but the rest is ok, specially the chorus though it's the same line over and over.
And I love the line distribution and that the dancers stand out the most.

By the way ap, 1st is Korean 2nd is Japanese
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="187076" data-time="1428661695">
By the way ap, 1st is Korean 2nd is Japanese
</blockquote>

I'm just going to pretend that was a very intelligent commentary on the state of K-Pop releases in Japan. *cough* :tongue:

I don't like the song, but the dancing looks cool.
Music's like some USA-pop Will I am trash.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I don't like the song all that much. To me it actually sound like a remix of a song even though it doesn't exist lol

The MV wasn't anything amazing but the dancing looked pretty damn great :)

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I like the song, but it doesn't sound like Girls' Generation to me. Also I miss Jessica. :(
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="187074" data-time="1428658891">They're alread out.
J-Pop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b09U0KLv6I4

K-Pop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSCmafwLKE4</blockquote>
I was a bit excited after the preview, but this is disappointing, lacking and forgettable.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ShiroiChanUK" data-cid="187081" data-time="1428679375">To me it actually sound like a remix of a song even though it doesn't exist lol</blockquote>
Perfect description. :lol: A pretty soul-less remix to that.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Guuuuuys this song is 'forgettable' just if you don't shove it up your asses
trust me it works, you just have to force it, let it go in
Last edited by Derby on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

My expectations are normally pretty low for their Japanese songs anyway, so maybe that's why I wasn't disappointed. XD They always sound more like American pop than J-pop songs to me, so... I'm not surprised I guess.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

The J-pop version has been blocked in my country apparently, but the Korean one is pretty cool. Yuri has a lot of ass jiggle going on in the middle of the video; I kinda feel like her shorts are shorter than everyone else's? Yuri's super hot though so I'm not going to complain, but it was a bit distracting.

Anyway, everything is solid about this single except the song. It's just so uninteresting and anticlimactic that I can't believe they're doing this to SNSD. Seriously, their Japanese releases have always been sub-par, but they've at least been better than this in the past. Whatever, at least Hyoyeon gets more screentime than just the dance break this time around.
Last edited by showraniy on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don't think they are, she's just heavier these days than she was from about 07-12.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

4 of them will have blonde hair for their next song and Tiffany seems to be the only one with pure black:

tumblr_npo0q7UlzJ1utkk41o1_1280.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.