The K-Pop Spam Thread

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Kaworu
Juice=Juice

Re: The K-Pop Spam Thread

Post by Kaworu »

They remind me of young SNSD in a really good way :)
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I peeked in here to see if anyone had shared it and didn't see anything so I figured I would.  Dal Shabet recently had a comeback after losing a couple of members.  It's really fun and 80's.  They're a group I've never been able to really get into despite liking a lot of their songs.
Last edited by Farrah on Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="194711" data-time="1453939251">I peeked in here to see if anyone had shared it and didn't see anything so I figured I would.  Dal Shabet recently had a comeback after losing a couple of members.  It's really fun and 80's.  They're a group I've never been able to really get into despite liking a lot of their songs.</blockquote>
Ap mentioned it in the Dal Shabet thread.

The song has really grown on me since. Serri's rap works really well in that song.

Their fandom made headlines today. There was an uproar because Dal Shabet was the first to be in a new segment on the music show Show Champion where they read hateful comments about themselves, a la Jimmy Kimmel's Celebrities Read Mean Tweets. Given the scene, I don't think it's as bad as fans are making it out to be.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I like it too.

Since you mentioned internet comments, Sistar's Dasom had some fight with a hater:
http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/267396/20160126/sistar-dasom-anti-fan-hate-comment-instagram.htm
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

OH MY GOSH AOA IS DOING A MAGICAL GIRL THEME!!

Well technically it's a sub-unit but whatever.

If I haven't already mentioned this, I'm a huge magical girl fan, so this had better be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6sywT3yjRQ

<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Brave Girls released their first single since 2013, and it's pretty freaking great.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Wow, I had just assumed they silently disbanded.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="195196" data-time="1455655620">Brave Girls released their first single since 2013, and it's pretty freaking great.</blockquote>
Unexpected Helvetica at the end.

It's a good ambient R&B/dance track. The slow mo squat move is kind of mesmerizing.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="195198" data-time="1455658202">Wow, I had just assumed they silently disbanded.</blockquote>
Considering that only two original members returned and five were added, they probably could have debuted as a new group.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Ladies Code is having a comeback and releasing a new album since the death of EunB and RiSE. Preview up onYouTube.
Formerly Mizura
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

J.Y. Park - Still Alive. JYP feat. JYP! :lol:

His second music video "Fire" will be released during tonight's special episode of Conan.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I'm looking forward to the episode.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Zaeleus"]

His second music video "Fire" will be released during tonight's special episode of Conan.
[/quote]

Ha ha! This is the best thing ever. JYP basically takes a steaming dump on half of his stable of artists to assert his Silverback dominance, and manages to poke fun at himself in the process. So good. 
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zaeleus" data-cid="196486" data-time="1460237329">

</blockquote>

THE PANTS :lol:
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zaeleus" data-cid="196486" data-time="1460237329">His second music video "Fire" will be released during tonight's special episode of Conan.</blockquote>
The episode is available online (segments, mirror), and J.Y. Park - Fire (feat. Conan O'Brien & Steven Yeun & Jimin Park) is on YouTube.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

That music video was amazing
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I wish JYP would have had some speaking screen time on this. He's a pretty funny dude and speaks perfect English.

It's been a good week for Asian pop, with US late-night shows having aired a BABYMETAL live appearance and a JYP video premier. 
nosomi
Kenshuusei

Post by nosomi »

Random spamming: Twice is the best k-pop group~~

> Because they have Tzuyu, one of the most beautiful girl in the world!! (well this is totally a biased opinion since I’m Taiwanese)

> Because the girls give the most “natural and real” feeling, they seem to have so much fun together. Just like Angerme!

But seriously, they are not the most talented out there. In terms of musical talent and diversity, I would place 2NE1 at the top (not taking into account real artists, I don’t know any in the Korean industry).
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Twice are teasering their new album/song(s) with four teasers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeC1_F5cauw

They all sound like different songs to me.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Some notable songs released in April (playlist).<ul class="bbc">[*]BerryGood - Angel
I went into this song not expecting much and came out pleasantly surprised. Everything is rather well-done with this concept, especially coming from a fairly unknown group. (Fun fact: Seoyul is AOA's Yuna's younger sister.)[*]CocoSori - exquisite!
Orange Caramel meets Kyary Pamyu Pamyu meets BABYMETAL? I award it notoriety for being completely over the top.[*]I.O.I - Crush
The studio recording of the final mission song on Produce 101 with the winning members. This is actually the second edit of this video. More discussion here.[*]Jeong Eun Ji - Hopefully Sky
APink's Eun Ji's first solo release and second released self-composed song. (The first being "Promise U", which was on APink's Pink Memory (2015) album.)[*]K-Tigers - Neck Slice
This is very reminiscent of something Crayon Pop would release but with more acrobatics.[*]LABOUM - Journey to Atlantis
After miss A's Suzy recommended this song, it shot up in ranking on the real-time charts. They also recently did a catchy global CF for Samsung Pay.[*]Lee Hi - My Star
Released on the second part of SEOULITE (2016), this is a cute song showing how much Lee Hi improved in expression since her debut with "1.2.3.4".[*]Lovelyz - Destiny
Lovelyz departs from their innocent/"sentiment of youth" concept for a more mature one. Now with more orbiting cameras.[*]MAMAMOO - Woo Hoo
A rather good song for what's technically an ad for the LG G5. I'll admit Moonbyul's rap kind of breaks the flow of the song though.[*]TWICE - CHEER UP
I would go as far to say this is "Like OOH-AHH" v2, but it's a really fun song. The scene transitions in the music video are also top notch. (Trending: If you're seeing 샤샤샤 (shashasha) on everything TWICE related, it's because one of Sana's lines somehow became a meme.)[/list]
Last edited by Zaeleus on Tue May 31, 2016 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>Shit Zaeleus, you just made my night with this stuff. Thanks!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>CocoSori - exquisite!</div>
<div>"Orange Caramel meets Kyary Pamyu Pamyu meets BABYMETAL?"</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I couldn't figure out how this was possible, but you pretty much nailed the description, and in the correct order, too. Their debut single <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4SGYjR ... 4SGYjRPx1g" title="External link">Dark Circle</a> is very Orange Caramel, which is great for me, because I've been missing them. CocoSori trades OC's stylish whimsy for ridiculous whimsy, but it toally works for them, and the music is right there. I'm a fan of this.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I.O.I - "Crush"</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Very new-school KPop, and very well done. I can't stand the "Oh my god" line, but everything else is great.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>K-Tigers - "Neck Slice"</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Cool EDM (apparently Melbourne Bounce according to the description) idol-pop track. The look on the villains face as the finishing move is being delivered is fucking creepy, though.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Lee Hi - "My Star"</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I really like everything about this, from the unlikely marriage of C&W guitar with a Motown backing track to Lee Hi's outstanding vocals. This is everything I wish TTS's "Twinkle" would have been.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Lovelyz - "Destiny"</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Wow! This has a strong Baby VOX flavor, updated for 2016 (imagine if BV could actually sing!) The string parts give me goose bumps. Fucking stellar. This is my favorite of this group of songs. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>MAMAMOO - "Woo Hoo"</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Why can't Little Glee Monster do music like this? But yeah, that rap fucks everything up.</div>
<div> </div>
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="Zaeleus"]
<ul class="bbc">[*]TWICE - CHEER UP

I would go as far to say this is "Like OOH-AHH" v2, but it's a really fun song. The scene transitions in the music video are also top notch. (Trending: If you're seeing 샤샤샤 (shashasha) on everything TWICE related, it's because one of Sana's lines somehow became a meme.)
[/list] 
[/quote]

I've been seeing that shashasha thing around the internet on sites and news that totally are not related to Twice AT ALL. The couple first times I thought, "where have I seen this??" because I saw that thing on websites that didn't even relate to each other, but then I knew I was missing something. I hope it doesn't get bigger because, why? why in the world that line became a meme?
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Here's a 4:42 mix if you can't get enough of it. lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDhvyaM0ij4
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Some notable songs released in May (playlist).<ul class="bbc">[*]Akdong Musician - RE-BUY
A fresh mystery retro song. "RE-BUY" is the more interesting of the two music videos they released, the other being a more uptempo, fun song "How People Move". (Fun fact: "RE-BUY" was originally written during their time on K-Pop Star 2 (2012)).[*]AOA - Good Luck
AOA starts the summer off with a song that isn't produced by Brave Brothers. Rather than good luck, they've had rather bad luck this promotional period: controversy about a historical figure quiz, the music video immediately being taken down and edited for censorship, being incorrectly awarded a music show win, and finally, prematurely ending promotions.[*]Baek A Yeon - so-so
This self-composed release is sad song wrapped up in a cute music video. Baek A Yeon was in the top 3 on the first season of K-Pop Star (2011).[*]FIESTAR - APPLE PIE
Though this concept may immediately seem different from their previous darker songs, it's really only a slight deviation with more lighthearted imagery. As expected, the breakdown with Yezi's rap is ace. (MV analysis: All the apple "pies" in this video are actually apple tarts. Fun fact: The man who finds Cao Lu on the ground is Jo Se Ho, who is currently paired with her on the reality variety show We Got Married.)[*]Hoody - Like You
Hoody's first solo song after joining AOMG last year. Enjoy her silky smooth R&B vocals.[*]I.O.I - Dream Girls
I.O.I's bright pop debut song after Produce 101. Perhaps the bar was set too high when compared to the concept evaluation songs and "Crush", but it makes sense in the perspective that the group chose the song, particularly since it sends a positive message reflecting their own stories. (It still baffles me as to why Mina's dream is to become a convenience store worker. Also, if you followed Produce 101, I recommend this reference-packed SNL Korea sketch "3 Minute Younger Sister".)[*]Luna - Free Somebody
Continuing SM's recent EDM trend, f(x)'s Luna gets her own house EDM track for her solo debut. See also SM Station's R3hab X f(Amber+Luna) - Wave. (Fun fact: The DHL shirt Luna wears is an "in" item this year. It retails for £185 (~$265)).[*]OH MY GIRL - WINDY DAY
With the bouncy bassline in the chorus, the exotic riff during the interludes, and sweet harmonies in the bridge, this song just... blows me away. OH MY GIRL has been consistent with their releases as of late. (Fan theory: A deer previously appeared in "Closer" (1:54), possibly connecting their more ethereal songs with a theme.)[*]Park Kyung - Inferiority Complex (feat. Eunha of G-Friend)
Block B's Park Kyung's second solo hip pop song. This sweet rap track features G-Friend's Eunha singing quite above the typical range she uses in G-Friend.[/list]
Last edited by Zaeleus on Tue May 31, 2016 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Zaeleus"]

Also, if you followed Produce 101, I recommend this reference-packed SNL Korea sketch "3 Minute Younger Sister".)

[/quote]

That skit goes on a bit too long and loses steam about 3/4 of the way through, but up until that point it's fucking brilliant. Seriously, some of those girls have great comedic timing, and who doesn't love idols that poke fun of their own images?
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zaeleus" data-cid="197781" data-time="1464744608">Some notable songs released in May (playlist).</blockquote>
This is very helpful for a K-pop ignoramus like myself. Thanks! :thumbsup:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Minha and Euaerin have left Nine Muses. It's so sad, I liked Erin's raps and the amount of ex-members this group has is ridiculous. Only Hyemi is one of the originals.
Last edited by Derby on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="197991" data-time="1465358014"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003334364' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Minha and Euaerin have left Nine Muses.</a> It's so sad, I liked Erin's raps and the amount of ex-members this group has is ridiculous. Only Hyemi is one of the originals.</blockquote>

Good. Star Empire is garbage. One Hyuna and Kyungri leave, 9M will be done for.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

4Minute joins the list of dead groups. Only Hyuna renews contract and the group disbands after 7 years.

This year is going to be full of cases like this. Many groups debuted in 2009-10 and most of their contracts are 6-7 years long, so this is the year that many members are leaving, and other groups are disbanding (you just have to wait for Rainbow and Secret)
Image Hey